Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Yeah, fill all page snipes with a strip of Hitmem for destiny! Everyone who opens the thread has to see them!

Edit: Oh hey look, I immediately ruined that plan.

Real talk: That comic is genuinely great. I rember it really gets going when they arive in some house with a monster which has a portal on it's back. That's where the absurd set pieces come to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

By popular demand posted:

Post 1 hitman at every entryway, this thread cannot be allowed to escape!

Hey, at last I got a chuckle out of this thread.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yeah, fill all page snipes with a strip of Hitmem for destiny! Everyone who opens the thread has to see them!

Edit: Oh hey look, I immediately ruined that plan.

Real talk: That comic is genuinely great. I rember it really gets going when they arive in some house with a monster which has a portal on it's back. That's where the absurd set pieces come to play.

That part was so good. My personal favorite bit is just everything that happens when they're on the ship :kiss:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That part was so good. My personal favorite bit is just everything that happens when they're on the ship :kiss:

Yes but at the current pace, that part is years away. And the comic doesn't really get bad in between those parts. But it's a sort of slow start and I can totally see how people would be turned off from the first few strips in combination with the artstyle.

Some super talented artist should redraw this comic, like Murata did with Onepunchman.

cant cook creole bream has a new favorite as of 19:28 on Jul 8, 2021

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

If you want to offer up a limited slice of Hitmen instead of the whole thing, the Passion, Lies, & Fungus arc can stand alone with a little bit of back explanation about Jymre (shapeshifting alien, is bad at humans) and is one of the best parts

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I'd argue that you're missing out if you aren't familiar with those goofs.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Thorsby is a comedic genius, but unfortunately not an artistic genius.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Some super talented artist should redraw this comic, like Murata did with Onepunchman.

:haibrower:

Not The Wendigo
Apr 12, 2009

The best bit is the Mexican standoff. I've never seen anything quite like it, it's just such a perfect setup

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Thorsby should rewrite Murata’s Onepunch Man to include an elaborate farce.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

The ship part got me to the wheezing/crying stage of laughter. Extremely good.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I'm all in for Hitmen posting. I actually kinda like the art, it's kind of eye-searing but manages to convey a lot of detail and action.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

I think I will compromise with no timg

Why

Seems like a pretty simple courtesy

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Why

Seems like a pretty simple courtesy

If people want to miss out on Thorsby, they should have to work for it. :colbert:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

please make the images larger

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'll be quoting and un-timg-ing all long comics that new people apparently read but don't discuss in any capacity.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i hate heathcliff so much

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Paladinus posted:

I'll be quoting and un-timg-ing all long comics that new people apparently read but don't discuss in any capacity.

Limg.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
a balls

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i heart heathcliff so much

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 21:29 on Jul 8, 2021

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:
I'm all for posting all the comics all the time, but in general I hate images that take forever to scroll past, so I created this userscript for Tampermonkey.
Limits size of images to your screen height until you click it, if anyone's interested:

code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name               sa restrict image height
// @namespace          [url]https://forums.somethingawful.com/[/url]
// @description        asdf
// @include            [url]https://forums.somethingawful.com/*[/url]
// @grant              GM_addStyle
// ==/UserScript==

/* jshint multistr: true */

/********** FUNCTIONS **************/
function handleImageClick(e) {
    var $target = $(e.target);
    var $img = $target.closest('img');
    $img.toggleClass('fullHeight');
}

/************** STYLES **************/
$("body").prepend("	\
<style> \
    video { \
        max-height: 80vh !important; \
    } \
    img { \
        max-height: 90vh !important; \
        object-fit: contain; \
        object-position: left; \
        cursor: pointer; \
    } \
    .timg_container img { \
        max-height: none !important; \
    } \
    img.fullHeight { \
        max-height: none !important; \
    } \
</style> \
");

/********** EVENT LISTENERS ******************/
$('img').on('click', handleImageClick);
Just need to remove the bbcode tags around the urls at the top and it should work.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Carthag Tuek posted:

iirc it was more like every character emoted except furry dad

https://foxdad.com/

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
If I ever see Heathcliff in real life crossing the road or on the way to the meat shop, let's just say, I'm not going to pet that cat. He's a menace and a nuisance.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

If you meet Heathcliff on the road, kill him.

If you can!

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I have problems with foxdad, but on the grand scheme of webcomics, let alone furry webcomics, it at least has jokes and a premise.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I can't tell whether Heathcliffe has become more predictable and less absurdist, or if I have just finally reached some higher level of consciousness when reading them.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't really see the appeal of just straight up posting the entirety of a comic in this thread, instead of just posting particularly good ones (with the exception of Nedroid as that included fresh Author's Commentary). But I also don't really mind too much either, I've already been skipping PFSC for months.

That said... thanks for introducing me to Hitmen for Destiny, I'm now gonna read the whole thing myself.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Regy Rusty posted:

That said... thanks for introducing me to Hitmen for Destiny, I'm now gonna read the whole thing myself.

This is exactly why :)

And people start reading threads whenever, all the time, so if someone comes in for the first time a few weeks from now and gets intrigued enough to seek out HfD and read it on their own, mission accomplished

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

MokBa posted:

I can't tell whether Heathcliffe has become more predictable and less absurdist, or if I have just finally reached some higher level of consciousness when reading them.

Heathcliff is honestly pretty formulaic once you get used to the initial shock of a newspaper comic doing monkey cheese humor.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Out of context Thorsby (nothing from Hitmen For Destiny):

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

A metaphor for this thread:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
:argh:

Someone put a 2020 plaque on the jar.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

OK, I just binged the first 208 HfD comics (which took me through the Passion, Lies, & Fungus arc). Good stuff.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I'm fine with people posting comics that they actually like. In the devastating aftermath of Crammerz™, this thread was threatening to become nothing but a race to the bottom, and that sort of cycle can be hard to end. Goon humor tends to turn running jokes into mandatory jokes.

Ditocoaf has a new favorite as of 23:28 on Jul 8, 2021

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I personally am not really a fan of complete run dumps, especially for long story based stuff. It just feels like it doesn't really add anything to the thread that you couldn't just get from going to their website.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I checked out th Wiki for Webcomics and it has a picture of Diesel Sweeties on it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Here, have a Polish comic that I like.

E: To clarify, I do not promote space fucktoys, and honestly, the mother should have bought something in space for the children. It's still funny to me.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 23:57 on Jul 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

I personally am not really a fan of complete run dumps, especially for long story based stuff. It just feels like it doesn't really add anything to the thread that you couldn't just get from going to their website.

One thing it adds is that, like any long story based medium, it's more fun if there are people reading alongside you and you're sharing theories and thoughts and criticism. Also, it means that anybody who enjoyed it a lot the first time round and wishes they could do so again gets to experience that vicariously through other people doing so.