Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

After it was revealed that Tommy End's WWE non compete contract was only 30 days due to an oversight in by WWE, Fightful asked Buddy Murphy about his status. He confirmed that his non-compete is 90 days, but that WWE called him in a panic after his release, thinking that his might also be 30 as a result of what happened with the former Aleister Black. They offered to extend it to 90 days if Murphy so chose, but Murphy checked the details of his deal and confirmed that his non compete is through roughly August 31. Murphy is tending to his visa situation, which he's got the ball rolling on, but will have to have rectified by this fall to stay in the United States.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Full interview from Fightful coming soon, but lol:

quote:

After it was revealed that Tommy End's WWE non compete contract was only 30 days due to an oversight in by WWE, Fightful asked Buddy Murphy about his status. He confirmed that his non-compete is 90 days, but that WWE called him in a panic after his release, thinking that his might also be 30 as a result of what happened with the former Aleister Black. They offered to extend it to 90 days if Murphy so chose, but Murphy checked the details of his deal and confirmed that his non compete is through roughly August 31. Murphy is tending to his visa situation, which he's got the ball rolling on, but will have to have rectified by this fall to stay in the United States.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Kunabomber posted:

although he might have done that thing where he adds the S when talking, like Skiwisgar in Metalocalypse? I dunno how close the Dutch are to Scandinavians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJKVPYQW6KE

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

did they not keep a copy of the contract at the office

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
why are they so worried that buddy murphy would start working for other companies sooner than later, does this mean they actually value him in some way

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I think the WWE only cares in so much as they don't want their talent helping other promotions.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kunabomber posted:

why are they so worried that buddy murphy would start working for other companies sooner than later, does this mean they actually value him in some way
lol I was wondering the same thing

like, you're the motherfuckers who cut him loose because you thought he had no value, what difference does it make if he works elsewhere either now or 60 days from now?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

"Shaman Tank' posted:

- that was such an overbooked mess but a very fun match

It could have been worse... I was worried it was gonna be a backstage finish since it was a "street fight."

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Buddy Murphy is one of those guys that everyone thinks is good but I still don't think is going to do fantastic business for anywhere. It would be fun to see Kenny Omega vs. Buddy Murphy though, closest we can get to a mirror match.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Fuckin' AEW Dynamite ROAD RAGER owned!

Promos were drat good this time around. Britt's burn was amazing, Jericho and MJF on the mic was good (MJF is so good is unreal) and I have to admit that I giggled at the "ur mom" and "again" Jericho threw. Andrade's entrance was drat cool and that ring attire is great.

Dark Order appearing again in front of a crowd (outside Daily's Place) getting a pop and Evil Uno... gently caress, I love Uno. Kenny was great too with Bangkok's joke. The crowd chanting 'Cowboy poo poo' and 'We want Hangman'...

Wasn't sure on the mixed tag match but the end was clever and I ended liking it. Team Taz is FINE (crowd chanting ECW to Taz was amazing too). MMA guy promo segment was surprisingly good? And the main event was a total banger.

The Bucks are great heels because their matches are loving amazing and at the same time I want them to bleed all over the mat and lose their belts.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Nike checkmark growing out of Griff's middle finger is pretty neat

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Number:

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1413239695031607296

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Tiny drop, seems okay.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Ok so it's been about a day and now all of a sudden I am excited to talk about Tommy End and his fake snakes and how this will tie into the AEW continuity after he gets out of the Cody bubble. I still think he's a nerd for thinking he could get a story told in WWE, but I will admit that I am a nerd who has a boner for whatever the gently caress is happening. I am glad he is getting to tell his story.

All the Fakes are Snakes

Jake "The Snake" Roberts - A snake in name only, a fake snake
The Snake in Jake's Bag - Got thrown by Miro, but we were reassured that the snake was okay. I have suspicions that this was a fake snake.
Serepentico / Jon Cruz - Serepentico is really Jon Cruz, a snake could not be any faker

Confirmed, we are getting a bigger and stronger Chaos Project consisting of Japanese Deathmatch Legend Dr. Luther, Serpentico, Malakai Black, Lance Archer, and Jake Roberts

And they're all gonna wear gloves that look like this.

Please tell me if I have forgotten any fake snakes. They can join Chaos Project too.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
how the hell did I miss AEW Chicago presale tickets? gently caress!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Penguin Patrol posted:

Ok so it's been about a day and now all of a sudden I am excited to talk about Tommy End and his fake snakes and how this will tie into the AEW continuity after he gets out of the Cody bubble. I still think he's a nerd for thinking he could get a story told in WWE, but I will admit that I am a nerd who has a boner for whatever the gently caress is happening. I am glad he is getting to tell his story.

All the Fakes are Snakes

Jake "The Snake" Roberts - A snake in name only, a fake snake
The Snake in Jake's Bag - Got thrown by Miro, but we were reassured that the snake was okay. I have suspicions that this was a fake snake.
Serepentico / Jon Cruz - Serepentico is really Jon Cruz, a snake could not be any faker

Confirmed, we are getting a bigger and stronger Chaos Project consisting of Japanese Deathmatch Legend Dr. Luther, Serpentico, Malakai Black, Lance Archer, and Jake Roberts

And they're all gonna wear gloves that look like this.

Please tell me if I have forgotten any fake snakes. They can join Chaos Project too.

OK, he got me with the death metal logo.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
I really appreciate that the lights going out to tease Malakawaka Black or whatever was just lights out and not lights out and also weird distortion on the big screen or weird noises or anything like WWE usually does.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm curious what game 5 of the SCF did, it was pretty drat clear that tonight was gonna be the last game of the season, so I wonder if it did a bigger number than the rest of the series.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It was a pretty bad game though and the Cup stuff happened after 10.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Grem posted:

I really appreciate that the lights going out to tease Malakawaka Black or whatever was just lights out and not lights out and also weird distortion on the big screen or weird noises or anything like WWE usually does.

Agreed. I know the commentators tried playing it off as potentially being weather related, but I just figured it was some dumb production gaff and I didn't think about it again. Keeping it subtle and not doing a bunch of "WHOA, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!" immediately really helped undersell it to make the lights-out moment later actually mean something.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

After the first lights out I turned to my girlfriend and went "Oh they're probably doing a debut so they'll cut the lights a few times to trick you" and then still bit because I was expecting them to do it more.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i told yall

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I never followed Tommy End (more so since my big wrestling hiatus since 2011ish until early 2020 AEW) but I did some youtube research. Looks like he can be a great adition to the roster!

Now if they can some day get Miro's wife so they can just go out to the ring like some old testament kings, that would be amazing.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

We all should have known what was happening when they went to the ring for an Arn Anderson interview without any other wrestlers by his side. When's the last time he did an interview by himself and didn't get clocked?

Come to think of it, it feels like any time Cody or Arn are alone in the ring to do some kind of interview someone shows up to either beat their rear end or call them out.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Penguin Patrol posted:

Serepentico is really Jon Cruz,

excuse me ?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Justcurious, but what has Christopher Daniels been doing post tag title match? Is he working on back stage production?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Waffleopolis posted:

Justcurious, but what has Christopher Daniels been doing post tag title match? Is he working on back stage production?

dude, he's been crying in the corner since that BTE!!!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Waffleopolis posted:

hes head of talent r&d op

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Ganso Bomb posted:

We all should have known what was happening when they went to the ring for an Arn Anderson interview without any other wrestlers by his side. When's the last time he did an interview by himself and didn't get clocked?

Come to think of it, it feels like any time Cody or Arn are alone in the ring to do some kind of interview someone shows up to either beat their rear end or call them out.

Cody angle:

1) Cody comes to the ring to cut a promo
2) Cody gets beaten down by Bad Guy
3) Bad Guy cuts a promo on Cody a week after that
4) Cody either beats up Bad Guy then or cuts a promo a week later
5) they spin the Whacky Wheel Of Territories Wrestling Stipulations and book whatever singles match it lands on
6) Cody loses a tag match when Bad Guy cheats
7) Cody wins the gimmick match

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
btw, Number next week is going to suck real bad so prepare yourself for that, Number enthusiasts.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

graph posted:

hes head of talent r&d op

I know you didn't mean talent research and development but I still choose to believe he's spent the last 2 months in a lab trying to make more WARDLOWs

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Every time the lights go out at a wrestling show I halfway expect Sabu

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Guillermus posted:

I never followed Tommy End (more so since my big wrestling hiatus since 2011ish until early 2020 AEW) but I did some youtube research. Looks like he can be a great adition to the roster!

Now if they can some day get Miro's wife so they can just go out to the ring like some old testament kings, that would be amazing.

Lana has about two months to go then she can show up and I wouldn't be surprised if she did.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

MJeff posted:

btw, Number next week is going to suck real bad so prepare yourself for that, Number enthusiasts.

What’s next week? MLB all star game? I think NBA finals are scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays now.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

Lana has about two months to go then she can show up and I wouldn't be surprised if she did.

I guess it's a matter of time we see them both on AEW.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Every time the lights go out at a wrestling show I halfway expect Sabu

Or Undertaker.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TV Zombie posted:

What’s next week? MLB all star game? I think NBA finals are scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays now.

Game 4 is next Wednesday at 9.

And Game 6, if it happens is the Tuesday after so NXT might get popped in the mouth one more time too.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

I know you didn't mean talent research and development but I still choose to believe he's spent the last 2 months in a lab trying to make more WARDLOWs

CD in a lab coat with glasses grimly watching assistants pile up slabs of beef in the shape of a man

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

smarxist posted:

CD in a lab coat with glasses grimly watching assistants pile up slabs of beef in the shape of a man

"MJF was able to build Wardlow in a CAVE! With a box of SCRAPS!"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lamuella posted:

"MJF was able to build Wardlow in a CAVE! With a box of SCRAPS!"

Then CD helps bring in Rey Mysterio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
did you say dominik joins the factory