Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm 100+ comics deep in HfD and completely hooked. What wacky hijinks will these incompetent buffoons get up to next!

A good comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

I personally am not really a fan of complete run dumps, especially for long story based stuff. It just feels like it doesn't really add anything to the thread that you couldn't just get from going to their website.

Hitmen for Destiny works well for me in this thread. I wouldn't mind a re-read. I don't want to risk going directly to the site for it because I'll lose an entire day to reading it, so a couple pages a day lets me avoid the one big time suck.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Okay, have another one. This one should be more relatable.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I love the people posting entire comics one or two at a time, it's like reading the wacky newspaper.

edit: I will not stop posting Pupkin, which is pretty short and weird enough to be worth reading.

Twitch has a new favorite as of 00:30 on Jul 9, 2021

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I am enjoying demland

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Post the comics. Reading them with friends (or at least you lot) is more fun than sitting and reading them on the page.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

OK, Hitmen For Destiny just used a "if super powers were scientifically accurate" thing I've been annoying people with since I was like 10 years old, and that's amazing.

If you're invisible you're blind, since light won't interact with your eyes.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

I've been waiting for an excuse to post all of Raine Dog because it's been scrubbed from the internet and is far worse than just That One Panel.

The Bloop posted:

Rainedog was supposed to be like, a metaphor, or something. Dana herself has admitted it was not a successful one

Can fursecution ever succeed as a metaphor? (No you imbecile. You loving moron.)

I'll post a link to Dana's retrospective when it's over, but let's just say not many lessons were learned.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
You cannot force me to read Raine Dog.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I hate the blue dog comic

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Is that boy going to gently caress the dog

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Arrhythmia posted:

You're looking at the origin story of Morally Inept.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

rydiafan posted:

OK, Hitmen For Destiny just used a "if super powers were scientifically accurate" thing I've been annoying people with since I was like 10 years old, and that's amazing.

If you're invisible you're blind, since light won't interact with your eyes.

He really expands on this idea in another comic, the accidental space spy.

He's like Kilgore trout, except instead of throwing his manuscripts in a trash can he deposits them in the world's trash can, the internet.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Weirdly enough Rick and Morty of all things had a better fursecution metaphor. (mainly revolving around how a sexually conservative society is still more more hosed up and arbitrary than 90% of the weirdest perverts)

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Parts of Raine dog are interesting. Conceptually it's a gigantic loving mess and that really should have been obvious to the author

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Arrhythmia posted:

Not actually if you go with authors intent but most people read it that way. It's ambiguous at best, textually

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Okay I finished reading all of Hitmen for Destiny and it's now one of my favorite webcomics

What else of this guy's stuff should I read

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Regy Rusty posted:

Okay I finished reading all of Hitmen for Destiny and it's now one of my favorite webcomics

I’d say start with Lies, Sisters, and wives. It’s a short one that’s a fantastic comedy of errors. I was thinking about posting it after I’m done with pfsc, but I’ll go with something else now that hitmen is being posted

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Trixie Slaughteraxe is my fav

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
"Textually ambiguous dog loving"

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I'm not a fan of that wave of "yeah well if we're posting bad comics, how about ____" one-upsmanship turning into something that lasts indefinitely. Please post comics you actually like. They don't have to be comics most people like (see: PFSC) but if this thread keeps being just a dumping ground of subjecting people to the worst thing you can find, that'll just suck.

londonarbuckle
Feb 23, 2017

Arrhythmia posted:

I appreciate this av/post combo

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Ziv Zulander posted:

I’d say start with Lies, Sisters, and wives. It’s a short one that’s a fantastic comedy of errors. I was thinking about posting it after I’m done with pfsc, but I’ll go with something else now that hitmen is being posted
Haha drat Thorsby's good at that particular kind of drama

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Regy Rusty posted:

Trixie slaughteraxe is hands down the best webcomic

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

While I loved the whole thing I think my favorite arc was Passion, Lies, & Fungus. That whole thing was straight out of a Marx Brothers movie and it was perfectly executed.

Guess I'll just read all the stuff on his other comics page!

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Ditocoaf posted:

I'm not a fan of that wave of "yeah well if we're posting bad comics, how about ____" one-upsmanship turning into something that lasts indefinitely. Please post comics you actually like. They don't have to be comics most people like (see: PFSC) but if this thread keeps being just a dumping ground of subjecting people to the worst thing you can find, that'll just suck.

This is punishment for denying Whomp! Repent, sinners!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I would like to read chronological whomp

Whomp is blood

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mx. posted:

Trixie slaughteraxe is hands down the best webcomic

Nedroid didn't stop existing just because we read them all :colbert:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Here are some silly, stupid, inconsequential comics.
Please enjoy them.

If you do not enjoy them, please do not blame me, as I did not write or draw them.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Thorsby comic ratings:
The Accidental Space Spy - 6/10 a lot of very good jokes but it's pretty much Thorsby's world-building tendencies taken to the extreme and a lot of the planets overstay their welcome imo. Overall conceit is that the main characters are visiting various planets looking for someone who was researching alien cultures with weird courting rituals, so there's constant farcical misunderstandings as the main characters gently caress up aliens' marriages.
Lies, Sisters and Wives - 7/10 mercifully short for a Thorsby comic, it's just the Passion, Lies, and Fungus arc from Hitmen for Destiny again, but done in a non-fantasy setting.
Transdimensional Brain Chip - 9/10 Total loving moron gets the ability to talk to alternate universe versions of himself, extremely funny, goes off the loving rails. Doesn't get a 10/10 only because the climax is like 1/5th of the story's length and is mostly like... speculative sci-fi instead of comedy.
Trixie Slaughteraxe For President - 10/10 Another fantasy adventure like Hitmen for Destiny albeit in a more traditional fantasy world. Great balance of comedy, plot that moves at a decent clip, and weird world-building,

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I've heard that jumping is one of the worse ways to kill yourself. It sets off that fight or flight response, whatever brain problems you're having temporarily go away with that sudden rush of chemicals, and people who survived jumping universally expressed immediate regret as soon as they started falling.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Also not great for the people witnessing it, nor for the cleanup crew.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

That part was so good. My personal favorite bit is just everything that happens when they're on the ship :kiss:

That part had me falling to the ground, laughing.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

ya know, we have not yet plumbed the full depths of webcomics

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
this is violence

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Ditocoaf posted:

while it's cool to invent things that make you sad, the actual result is that about half a dozen people have encountered Thorsby comics for the first time, binged the entirety of them, and had their lives immeasurably enriched

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
(and then when you've read all the good thorsbys, it's time to read The Evolutions of Homosexuality and Suicide and be disappointed)

But yeah, HfD and Trixie are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

muscles like this! posted:

I personally am not really a fan of complete run dumps, especially for long story based stuff. It just feels like it doesn't really add anything to the thread that you couldn't just get from going to their website.

Yeah, but I won't go to the website. :colbert: