Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm genuinely surprised it's even as high as 10% it seems like they rarely ever repeat matches and it's awesome to see so many different combinations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Does this count dark matches?

Edit: nevermind, it says dynamite

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Wazzu posted:

Malachai is goofy (when did Excalibur chat with him to learn the lore?), but hey if that's his new name, gotta get it over.

Excalibur heard it through his ear piece because Malachai Black talked to Tony Khan before debuting and Excalibur had to change from hyping up Tommy End as a guy he had a match against in Dusseldorf to putting over the name Malachai Black.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I'm a little surprised by the amount of bumps Arn has taken since becoming more of an onscreen character.

I'm wondering if advances in rehab and other medical stuff have improved his neck, because he was pretty much thought to be one bad shot away from serious problems back when he retired in the mid 90's.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Thanks to DDP Yoga, Arn and Taz will become a high flying tag team.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/ShopAEW/status/1413120969523216384

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
awesome Ed Roth vibe on that shirt

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

fez_machine posted:

Excalibur heard it through his ear piece because Malachai Black talked to Tony Khan before debuting and Excalibur had to change from hyping up Tommy End as a guy he had a match against in Dusseldorf to putting over the name Malachai Black.

Maybe he just follows Tommy on Insta

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Y’all really trying to will into existence Tommy doing a 45 minute Twitch Q&A on the lore behind the commentators knowing his new name

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Y’all really trying to will into existence Tommy doing a 45 minute Twitch Q&A on the lore behind the commentators knowing his new name

he literally posted a video on instagram yesterday afternoon that had his malakai black name as part of it

that's it. that's the lore.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
since when does excalibur use the internet, pfft, unrealistic garbage

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
What I got from Excalibur was that he wrestled Tommy End back in the day, but even though this was still technically the same person he was changed somehow.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

IcePhoenix posted:

he literally posted a video on instagram yesterday afternoon that had his malakai black name as part of it

that's it. that's the lore.

God, who can be expected to keep up with all that external poo poo they don’t show on then ACTUAL show

*proceeds to watch BTE, Elevation, Sammy vLog, Dark, Unrestricted*

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Cael posted:

God, who can be expected to keep up with all that external poo poo they don’t show on then ACTUAL show

*proceeds to watch BTE, Elevation, Sammy vLog, Dark, Unrestricted*

You don’t have to, Excalibur watched it

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The only AEW ephemera show I watched was shot of brandi we need an evil uno episode

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

You don’t have to, Excalibur watched it

yeah exactly, and then he passed along the important bit to the audience

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Do people really think it's unbelievable that Excalibur, the guy whose gimmick is that he's the nerd commentator knows everything going on the wrestling world, is following the social media of a high profile free agent whose been teasing signing with the company for weeks?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

ex knew who andy el idol was too

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
most importantly, he immediately recognised the butcher and the blade

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Do people really think it's unbelievable that Excalibur, the guy whose gimmick is that he's the nerd commentator knows everything going on the wrestling world, is following the social media of a high profile free agent whose been teasing signing with the company for weeks?

It's a comedy forum

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's a comedy forum

I haven't laughed once

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ganso Bomb posted:

I haven't laughed once

you didn't laugh at tommy milkers ?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I rewatched the Black debut and it stuck out to me how he was dressed in all black and and Cody was in all white so we all know how this is going to end.

Also, I really liked the hard cam being behind the ramp. It was something new and, while it threw me off at first, by the end of the show I liked it more than the side hard cam or opposite ramp hard cam.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Kunabomber posted:

It's freakin Minnesota, I'm sure there's a badass indie promotion literally less than 2 hours away

I'm going to a local show less than 10 miles away on Saturday that Sonny Kiss and Dante Martin are both at. So yeah you're right.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

graph posted:

you didn't laugh at tommy milkers ?

Sorry I meant I have laughed a lot of times, more than once

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Orange Carlisle posted:

Andrade "Knuckleball" Schwartz
Andrade El Costra

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's a comedy forum

I'm talking people in general not specifically here, I've seen youtube comments from people who are actually mad about it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I liked how they didn't show Cody running down the aisle to Arn's rescue, so by the camera shots it looked like he just materialized in the ring.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
or even in kayfabe is it so hard to believe that Black orchestrated his debut with GM Tony Khan who had secretly already signed him so as to get a blacked out arena during an inconsequential Arn interview and then Khan told Black's new gimmick name into the commentary team's ear pieces?

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I rewatched the Black debut and it stuck out to me how he was dressed in all black and and Cody was in all white so we all know how this is going to end.

With an offensive Playstation Portable ad?

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

The best part of the debut was when he kicked Arn and the microphone spun around in the air for what felt like 5 minutes

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

fez_machine posted:

or even in kayfabe is it so hard to believe that Black orchestrated his debut with GM Tony Khan who had secretly already signed him so as to get a blacked out arena during an inconsequential Arn interview and then Khan told Black's new gimmick name into the commentary team's ear pieces?

He turned off the lights with his magic powers.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

The big blowoff match where everyone agrees it's a foregone conclusion that Cody's gonna put someone over and then he just wins anyway?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I'm not a "The implication that Cody has egotistical tendencies is completely unfounded!" guy, but it is very funny to see people pretend that Aleister Black is on the same level as previous shoulda-gone-over-Cody wrestlers like Anthony Ogogo and Shawn Spears

You have Cody beat guys like Ogogo so a loss to someone like Black actually feels like a big deal

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So with the Karl/Mox thing, I wonder when they're actually going to take the IWGP US title off of Mox. The Good Brothers are doing a stint in Japan again, so it makes sense if Karl brings it back, then gets beaten there before returning to Impact. But if the plan was to return it this year, I figure they would've given it to Nagata.

I'm still a bit surprised they didn't put it on Kenny. He's got history as the first ever US champion, he's collecting all the belts he can, and The Elite was going to take out Mox for weeks anyway.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

New Japan wants to sell tickets to their LA event so no....I don't see them taking the title of Mox till at least that event

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

When JR called Ex “Mark” on air this week, I was shook tbh. Didn’t know his real name. JR breaking kayfabe on air smdh

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
The only problem with putting the title on Karl is it should go to Doc Gallows instead, who is infinitely more entertaining.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Quantum of Phallus posted:

When JR called Ex “Mark” on air this week, I was shook tbh. Didn’t know his real name. JR breaking kayfabe on air smdh

No he was just calling Ex a Mark, which, well, we all know he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

hooman posted:

No he was just calling Ex a Mark, which, well, we all know he is.

ive just been doing the "new yorkers protecting spidermans identity" thing by going with this instead. as a bonus, the thought of jr snapping and sarcastically going "sorry mark" :rolleyes: to excalibur makes me laugh a lot.