Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
People with dumb and bad opinions about foot are ten a penny, as unfortunately are people who think outspoken women on the Internet with opposing opinions deserve death and rape threats. Not sure where culture war comes into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Some of the England lads weren't even born in the same millennium as me and all the other horrible English pricks that did an empire and created America and all the other horrible poo poo. They're unsullied and worthy of our support.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Shut da gently caress up chaz

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Made up by mongs who have literally just read headlines and watched the video of Chiellini having a lol with Jordi Alba pre penalties and assumed Italy are honourable and play the game the right way.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Bape Culture posted:

Shut da gently caress up chaz

Seems a pretty weird cross to die on m9

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I Read It On The Internet So It Must Be True

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Made up by mongs who have literally just read headlines and watched the video of Chiellini having a lol with Jordi Alba pre penalties and assumed Italy are honourable and play the game the right way.

what

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
if the internet had an eye i'd shine my three lions branded laser pen into it

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's coming home

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

It's coming home

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

the sex ghost posted:

It's coming home

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

It's this.

It's also coming home.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Chiellini was clearly psyching out Alba. There's daggers in men's smiles.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

It's coming home

madey
Sep 17, 2007

I saved the Olympics singlehandedly
https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/1413179924198854659?s=20
https://twitter.com/GNev2/status/1413416062914269185?s=20
I agree with Gary

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Big nev is right

https://www.mediastorehouse.com/p/172/chain-jd-on-image-wig-pab-lipstick-background-13437935.jpg

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Whoops I didn’t mean to post that but PlZ, enjoy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

But I thought booing the anthem was a loathsome new practice only perpertrated by perfidious Albion :thunkher:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I hope the Wembley pa announcer swaps the Italian national anthem with Joe dolce shaddap you face and all the England players take it in turns to do elbow drops on a tin of spaghetti sauce

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I hope the Italians forget how to pasta ball

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Love a good national anthem booing, me. Brings a whole lot of atmosphere. Lineker is being a muppet on this one.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i've decided that i'm not going to watch the 'sportsball' match and instead i'm going to watch an Animal Crossing New Leaf stream archive instead

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Did they move the match to Wimbledon?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/espnfc/status/1413461797395263494?s=21

Sounds like someone’s big mad

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Apparently he's very complimentary in the article it came from, but that doesnt make good headlines

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

TheRat posted:

Apparently he's very complimentary in the article it came from, but that doesnt make good headlines

He was, that’s a cherry picked comment. He says it was no surprise and he knew that England would make it far after watching them in the World Cup.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I don’t think it sounds mad even as is. It’s just acknowledging that home advantage is real, which it is. Every normal tournament has a home team anyway.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
How quickly people forget Germany v Brazil. Home advantage really helped Brazil there.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Aphex- posted:

How quickly people forget Germany v Brazil. Home advantage really helped Brazil there.

Yeah, they scored and kept it under 10 conceded!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

peanut- posted:

I don’t think it sounds mad even as is. It’s just acknowledging that home advantage is real, which it is. Every normal tournament has a home team anyway.

If home advantage is real then England deserves to lose as they’re not playing on a level field

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Perhaps in their effort to bring it home they should not have played at home

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aphex- posted:

That was a real good game where I learn the broadcast scoreboard just starts scrolling through the goals instead of just becoming bigger lmao

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Here’s the full quote.

quote:

È una squadra concreta e forte. Sta portando avanti un percorso importante, non dimentichiamoci che al Mondiale sono usciti in semifinale per episodi e potevano tranquillamente arrivare fino in fondo. Sicuramente era prevedibile trovarla qui in finale. Ha giocato sei partite su sette in casa. Tutti dettagli che ti fanno capire quanto l’Inghilterra sia sempre stata una candidata importante per la vittoria.

quote:

(England) are a concrete and strong squad. They’re forging an important path; let’s not forget that at the World Cup they went out at the semi finals due to some minor events on the pitch and they could’ve easily won that game. It was easy to predict that they would end up in the final here. They’ve played 6 out of 7 games at home. All of the details make you understand that England has always been a top candidate to win the trophy.

Sorry for the janky translation, things like “important” don’t really mean the same thing in context so it sounds a bit silly and I can’t think of a better word.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Keeping this on repeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re4aDJL3heA

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I did a meme

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

No tiny car. Voted 3

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

It's just out of frame going "beep beep taxi for Insigne"

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

last chance for sterling or kane to get the golden boot otherwise it'll be penaldo!!!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tiny car isn’t real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Tiny car isn’t real.

I saw it with my own eyes irl