Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Kazuha is top tier just for being able to change up exploration. His distance gliding game is silly.

Solkanar512 posted:

Edit: why do folks keep downvoting this thread? Everyone plays nice here, it’s chill and informative and lots of folks are putting in a good effort answering questions or even providing those crazy lore posts.

Keqing is a good carry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

quote:

Keqing is a good carry.

So that's what we're going to do today? We're going to fight?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Kazuha is honestly incredible, he has the strongest E in the game (stronger than a full beidou counter with a shorter cooldown) and his passive is so good that you don't even build around it. He is better than Venti 70% of the time, better than sac frags Sucrose 80% of the time, his Q gives you so much control over elemental shields it's insane. Can't speak highly enough of him, I rate him just below Bennett/Xingqiu. Your account will be fine if you skip him but if you're on the fence he's so much better than I thought he would be. I wanted to give this account before the banner ended, I won't mention it again.

On a separate note, livestream in 12 minutes, primogem codes incoming I hope?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Tae posted:

I mean everyone here is downplaying ayaka to boost kazuha, and the same with etc.

bc she's boring and a carry

supports ftw

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Also quite literally at least two people here singing praises about kazuha also shitted on him pre-patch

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
This is some good piano music. Glad I got up at 5 for this.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
This is an amazing way to start the Livestream.

:swoon: Love the composer so much

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

First primo code: AS6BQKLY9GLD

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solkanar512 posted:

Edit: why do folks keep downvoting this thread? Everyone plays nice here, it’s chill and informative and lots of folks are putting in a good effort answering questions or even providing those crazy lore posts.

Some people downvote anything that looks anime-ish or has anything to do with manga/anime. Not sure it's this case, but I'd bet it is, it's super common on basically all more general discussion boards. In WoT, we'd have people trolling or insulting in skin thread pretty often, even though it didn't impact other players' games at all.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

Second: GBNA9J5H9Y4H

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

EDIT: Beaten!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They added a system to get the 5 star weapon you want if you fail to get rate up.

Playstation accounts going to be cross over others now.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

gandlethorpe posted:

Second: GBNA9J5H9Y4H

Last: LS6T4L9ZZ7TH

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Tae posted:

They added a system to get the 5 star weapon you want if you fail to get rate up.

Playstation accounts going to be cross over others now.

Did they say if the cross save will take effect with 2.0?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Kazuha is honestly incredible, he has the strongest E in the game (stronger than a full beidou counter with a shorter cooldown) and his passive is so good that you don't even build around it. He is better than Venti 70% of the time, better than sac frags Sucrose 80% of the time, his Q gives you so much control over elemental shields it's insane. Can't speak highly enough of him, I rate him just below Bennett/Xingqiu. Your account will be fine if you skip him but if you're on the fence he's so much better than I thought he would be. I wanted to give this account before the banner ended, I won't mention it again.

On a separate note, livestream in 12 minutes, primogem codes incoming I hope?

Well this makes me feel better. I was ZERO wishes into my guaranteed pity so I decide to throw a few wishes at the banner, since my Bennet is C1 and my Rosaria is C0. 10 wishes in, what do I get? Kazuha, Favonious Greatsword, and two Razors. I get him 4 wishes into my 90. That's Genshin!

I know I'm close to my pity on the weapon banner, so I roll for his weapon. I get Lost Prayer to the Sacred Winds.

There's something special about that roll, because it's not bad at all, but It's not the signature weapon I was aiming for, nor is it as sought after the Skyward Atlas on the banner.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Space Opera posted:

Did they say if the cross save will take effect with 2.0?

Yes it was confirmed and I'm excited as gently caress

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The cross-save functionality is great news

Curious what the numbers are on that new weapon banner pity system. It sounds like it's sort of going to be the same as the 50/50 system on the character banner, just with a fancy name since you can pick which of the two on-banner weapons you'd want for your guaranteed pity?

Also I wonder if that's a setup for future rerun banners having two 5*s on them and letting you pick which one you'd want for your guaranteed pity.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

No big surprises on the livestream except Koikomi is less dressed than I was expecting. Childe got a call out for being a character they had to put a ton of work into (I'd suspected as much).

Mystic offering is real and confirmed so save bad 5 star artifacts if you want to use it, the weapon banner change is mostly a whale consideration (rolling a 5 star on weapon banner gives you a new currency which can be traded to choose the rate up 5 star you want the next time you hit one). Free Beidou is real and we get to choose another seelie (same choices as last time + a new purple one which I will certainly be picking).

Harrow posted:

The cross-save functionality is great news

Curious what the numbers are on that new weapon banner pity system. It sounds like it's sort of going to be the same as the 50/50 system on the character banner, just with a fancy name since you can pick which of the two on-banner weapons you'd want for your guaranteed pity?
I think you get a new currency like starglitter/stardust that accumulates when you roll 5 star weapons on the banner. Some amount of that currency can then be traded to guarantee the rate up you want next time, but I'm guessing you'll still end up having to make most of your rolls without it and this is mostly to prevent situations where giga-whales get so screwed they quit the game.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 9, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

English trailer uploaded to Youtube for you to obsess over
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1413490624091750406

Japanese twitter account has been posting about all the characters teased. I hope the English one does the same.

https://twitter.com/Genshin_7/status/1413485782447230980
https://twitter.com/Genshin_7/status/1413483953873326092
https://twitter.com/Genshin_7/status/1413479646037889036

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Wave posted:

I think you get a new currency like starglitter/stardust that accumulates when you roll 5 star weapons on the banner. Some amount of that currency can then be traded to guarantee the rate up you want next time, but I'm guessing you'll still end up having to make most of your rolls without it and this is mostly to prevent situations where giga-whales get so screwed they quit the game.

That makes sense too. I was mostly wondering what rate you accumulate that currency and how many 5* weapons you don't want you have to get before you can trade the currency for the one you do want.

Still really unlikely to roll on weapon banners myself since I'm not even gonna have the primos to roll for every character I want, let alone weapons :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Interesting tidbit, many of the parallel characters from honkai share the same JP voice actors.

Mei and Shogun are both Miyuki Sawashiro

Yae and Honkia's Yae are both Sakura Ayane

Yoimiya is Ueda Kana aka Rin of Fate/Stay Night

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Sayu's English VA is Lilypichu. Pretty cool

Even though he already voiced an NPC, it would be cool if ProZD got immortalized in his own playable character

Kale
May 14, 2010

Gonna be a lot of rule 34 fanart of Baal pulling a thunder sword out of her cleavage I'd imagine. Probably sooner than anyone would think. Amazing that's only the second time I've seen a trailer for something anime inspired end that way this week after it happened in the Tales of Arise intro only that time the sword was on fire. It's not exactly a super common trope either. :lol:

All joking aside everything in that trailer looks like it's going to be really really popular. Somebody clearly did their homework setting this chapter up. Like all A-lister VA's for the Japanese cast in particular, and lots of "waifu" ground covered in all the characters that were introduced with not a lot of overlap between them either all centered around the theme of Samurai/Ninja Shogun era Japan with a touch of Ghibli inspiration.

Also yeah there's the one guy in all of that that didn't really stand out all that much.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I hope that animation, or a variation on it, is Baal's burst animation, I'm a sucker for animations where the background cracks like glass

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Weapon pity details here:

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/m/en/news/detail/14047

Fundamentally, it means that at the worst every third weapon you pull off of a specific weapon banner will be the rate up one you want. Has no impact if you roll fewer than three five stars on a banner. This feature does nothing for me except reduce the number of hilarious screenshots that get passed around.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jul 9, 2021

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/Zeniiet/status/1413501970707480582?s=19

Yuck, sounds like you'll need to have enough primos to roll three 5* weapons to make use of it. Resetting with each banner is terrible

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Space Opera posted:

https://twitter.com/Zeniiet/status/1413501970707480582?s=19

Yuck, sounds like you'll need to have enough primos to roll three 5* weapons to make use of it. Resetting with each banner is terrible

Here's hoping this isn't a precursor to future rerun banners having two 5* characters and then this same pity system.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

so it's about as much of a fix for weapon wishes as the artifact thing is for artifacts sucking

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

dogsicle posted:

so it's about as much of a fix for weapon wishes as the artifact thing is for artifacts sucking

Just about. I'm still in the "level up good sets for supports" phase, so I'd rather mulch bad artifacts for exp than reroll them at a loss.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
I kinda want to roll on kazua but I am afraid of getting Bennett’s c6 and the eternal red exclamation mark. Just one Benny away.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I kinda want to roll on kazua but I am afraid of getting Bennett’s c6 and the eternal red exclamation mark. Just one Benny away.

Look at it this way: it'll happen eventually. It's inevitable. If you don't get the Permanent Notification constellation from this banner, you'll get it from the next one Benny's on, or a random Benny will jump out of the standard banner to troll you.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bussamove posted:

This. My Sucrose has 750 EM and I still want more, always more, never enough.

Just hit 866 on mine. Thank God only level and EM matter since the her other substats suck :P

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

That Inazuma trailer is super hype. I'm definitely excited.

gandlethorpe posted:

Sayu's English VA is Lilypichu. Pretty cool

Even though he already voiced an NPC, it would be cool if ProZD got immortalized in his own playable character

Oh drat that was LilyPichu huh? Incredible, haven't watched her in some time but it's super cool that she got a voice gig. And something as huge as Genshin too! I'd love to see ProZD get to voice a playable too because I've been watching Disgaea 6 and he's knocked it out of the park in that game in both his roles as Misedor and the ridiculous meme Cameo Zombie voice.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Decided to get the images of the new stuff related to gameplay:

Also, apparently we are getting an "Artifact Strongbox" which according to leaks is our choice of sacrificing three 5* for a choice of:

1. Gladiators
2. Wanderers
3. Noblesse
4. Bloodstained

Leaked source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWw4qu7fGqo

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I was starting to waver towards wanting Ayaka, you know, "well I'll spend 90 wishes and either get her for cheap or guarantee Baal" but after that trailer I am ALL IN on Baal.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

So the devs know the Bloodstained/Noblesse domain is a pile of poo poo and instead of improving it they do that?

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Crossplay

So from the FAQ it looks like if you’ve already booted up Genshin on your PlayStation account prior to 2.0 you will not be able to link it to your (main) PC/mobile account.

Reasoning is that your PSN is now already linked to a different mihoyo account that was created for your PSN.

If this is true then what a bollocks.

Anyone reading it differently?

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Stare-Out posted:

So the devs know the Bloodstained/Noblesse domain is a pile of poo poo and instead of improving it they do that?

I think the domain is easy, though I can understand it is hard if you are early in your 5* artifact grind. If anything, I think the devs realized that players spent a lot of resin just for the boss artifacts and that domain, so they decided that players could farm other domains while letting them get these versatile sets as artifact leftovers.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Stare-Out posted:

Sounds like someone needs Kazuha in their life

https://i.imgur.com/k3lZV6p.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Shimenawa's Reminscense seems like it could be pretty good on someone like Diluc. His burst takes so little energy that he could probably sacrifice 15 energy for a +50% normal attack damage boost no problem, and his skill's cooldown is short enough that he can probably maintain that pretty easily.