Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I haven't tried bringing a mech to a lich fight yet, anyone know how those bad boys fare?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
One of the pubbies in my last group was in a mech and constantly holding down Arquebex M1 for most of the fights too so the entire screen was constantly covered in explosions and it was really hard to actually see + aim at the lich.
It didn't seem to kill the lich any faster though, and when I briefly tried out my own mech my Arquebex did 0 damage to the enemy.

So I'm guessing liches have some kinda special necramech resistance. (Though that might have been one of the fight mechanics making them invincible until you kill all the spectres or something, idk.)

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

One of the pubbies in my last group was in a mech and constantly holding down Arquebex M1 for most of the fights too so the entire screen was constantly covered in explosions and it was really hard to actually see + aim at the lich.
It didn't seem to kill the lich any faster though, and when I briefly tried out my own mech my Arquebex did 0 damage to the enemy.

So I'm guessing liches have some kinda special necramech resistance. (Though that might have been one of the fight mechanics making them invincible until you kill all the spectres or something, idk.)

Indeed. The patch notes explicitly mention Necramech and Arquebex as a major reason for special damage resistances for Lich enemies.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I really like what they've done with the parazon. It felt a little pointless when they first added it, but these new finisher moves are stylish and fun to pull off.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

They've also mostly always been there since the animations where introduced but now you get to use them far more frequently, especially if you aren't instantly deleting heavies (I don't think I've seen an finisher icon pop on any infested), and they feel right at home with the whole space ninja concept. It was a good move for vets and new players alike.

On a different note the Tenet Plasmor, Cycron, and Tetra all feel pretty good but I think I've changed my mind about the Tenet Flux Rifle. Sure it immediately cuts everything to ribbons in the hands of Mirage but then again so do most things, maybe it's because I've built mine as a pure status gun but it feels pretty flimsy against anything resistant to whatever statuses you're pumping out even if a good portion of that is slash procs.

On the other end of the spectrum Yareli's Kompressor is a hilariously effective bubble gun that simply spews out wall after wall of viral sticky grenades, I modded it for my parvos sister's weaknesses and it might be one of the most effective guns I've used against them yet. Sadly it seems to interact with Mag's bubbles by getting immediately thrown out of the bubble instead of sucked toward the center.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 9, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Yeah parazon finishers were in the game all along ever since parazons were added.
But they were balanced around DE's imaginary fantasy version of warframe where players use nothing but unmodded bratons and take 30 seconds to kill a single heavy gunner, so they only even had a chance to trigger and become available if you brought an enemy to ~5% hp without immediately killing it (and then you had to react to the random proc in time and stop shooting or you'd immediately kill them anyways and not be able to use the finisher). They eventually buffed that threshold to 20%, and still nobody was doing it ever, so they changed it to the current system instead where the threshold is way higher and it's 100% trigger chance but only on certain enemies.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Huh! Well I guess it's obvious why I didn't know that. Let us do the fun things, DE! I promise I'll spend more money on cosmetics.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

hazardousmouse posted:

Otoh, I'm not stabbing my lich if I don't have word hints. Not gonna make my life unnecessarily worse

I'm gonna assume you won't do this in pub lobbies because that's blocking three other people from progressing, so expect to have someone chain down your lich three times and level it up anyway.

TheParadigm posted:

So like, now that you know, understand that it has a purpose.
That purpose is saving time.

(i don't know if DE changed this any in the latest update, I can't imagine they did. If anything, murmur progress being shortened probably means this is more effective)

good news: They did change it. This strategy is even worse than before, and it wasn't optimal after the last lich update prior to 30.5 so it's double plus outdated now. Getting words in order is the limiting speed factor now, not farming murmurs. Always stab is by far the optimal path since you need to figure out that order more than anything else and the murmur bonus it gives is enormous so 4 people in a lobby all doing stabs means absurdly fast progress for all.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jul 9, 2021

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I kill liches when I don't have word hints in order to get word hints faster. :shrug:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I find it genuinely kinda funny they added a wildcard mod which in the old system would've been essential but now it basically saves you 3 minutes running one extra cap/rescue/exterm/sabo/whatever. Same with the challenge beacon.

I still use oull because who cares why not save 3 minutes but it's almost irrelevant with the new - and vastly improved - systematic changes.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Knocking down a lich three times to make it go away doesn't level it up.

And I used an oull last night cause I tried for a half hour to get a fass rune and couldn't get it to drop all gently caress it. Wild card it is.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Using a finishing move on a Boiler is weird.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

hazardousmouse posted:

Knocking down a lich three times to make it go away doesn't level it up.

And I used an oull last night cause I tried for a half hour to get a fass rune and couldn't get it to drop all gently caress it. Wild card it is.

ah yes, I checked, you're right. It just flees without leveling. Either way it unblocks progression for your squad and that's what matters.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Psion posted:

ah yes, I checked, you're right. It just flees without leveling. Either way it unblocks progression for your squad and that's what matters.

Teamplay? In MY multiplayer game? It’s less likely than you think!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Yareli's gun is called Kompressor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ofYNHRcspM

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Agreed about the new flux rifle. It still feels like I'm mining but action mining. Still not fun.

But so far the new Diplos absolutely hoses the sisters down. I've got a brand new one and it just deletes the sister at level five in like three seconds. The other option is the cedos which works amazingly well for chunking sisters down.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Guilty posted:

Agreed about the new flux rifle. It still feels like I'm mining but action mining. Still not fun.

But so far the new Diplos absolutely hoses the sisters down. I've got a brand new one and it just deletes the sister at level five in like three seconds. The other option is the cedos which works amazingly well for chunking sisters down.

How do you have yours built? I feel like I could squeeze some extra performance out of mine.

I have one case where I'd skip a stab. I have the order from failed stabs (so 1 and 3, but don't know 2), but have just (as in that mission) gotten the last word. Just to avoid having to piss them off again for my successful stab. Other that that? Stabbin' time.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Preechr posted:

Teamplay? In MY multiplayer game? It’s less likely than you think!

i've actually had almost no problems since Sisters dropped with teammates; we've been stopped by more buggy Sisters failing to teleport out than anything else. That bug manifested with kuva liches before this update too, though.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't have my diplos supermodded at this point by any means but they definitely do feel pretty solid

the lock-on feature is a little janky, though, imo

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Johnny Joestar posted:

i don't have my diplos supermodded at this point by any means but they definitely do feel pretty solid

Agreed, it's the weak link on the gun for sure.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Leveled up the Tenet Flux rifle and hated it the whole time.

Easily one of the biggest gulf between cool design and lovely performance.

Though, Wukong clone using it to laser snipe/drill was kinda cool.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Echophonic posted:

How do you have yours built? I feel like I could squeeze some extra performance out of mine.

I have one case where I'd skip a stab. I have the order from failed stabs (so 1 and 3, but don't know 2), but have just (as in that mission) gotten the last word. Just to avoid having to piss them off again for my successful stab. Other that that? Stabbin' time.

Like barely at all, damage, crit crit, multi shot and one 60/60 mod and it's already deleting sisters.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

First sister has a Detron with 52% rad, so that could probably be interesting to use.
And holy poo poo thank god they changed up the requiem system, I'm already on my second word in like 1/4 of the time it would take on old liches

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Inzombiac posted:

Leveled up the Tenet Flux rifle and hated it the whole time.

Easily one of the biggest gulf between cool design and lovely performance.

Though, Wukong clone using it to laser snipe/drill was kinda cool.

Put Flux Overdrive on it and enjoy endless slash procs.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I will say I'm quite unimpressed with the Tenet Tetra. I was looking forward to it and I'm not enjoying using it. The explosion having to hit a surface to trigger is just annoying.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 9, 2021

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I'm mostly unimpressed with it's primary fire, the mag dumping explosive secondary seems to be performing fine.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
What is the corpus bramma?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

temple posted:

The Lenz

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Johnny Joestar posted:

From the description I was expecting it to be something similar to the Buzlok but from the few gameplay clips I've seen it looks like it's actually more similar to the Sepulcrum's thing where you lock onto a bunch of enemies and it just fires a fixed-size burst? Is that about right? Kinda disappointing.
I still want to try it out though.

temple posted:

The new Tenet Envoy is an 8-shot rocket launcher with Bramma-level aoe and damage. It also has an alt fire for "laser guided missile" mode where you can shine a targeter at something and in-flight missiles will turn around midair and home in on it. (I'm not sure why you would ever use this when you can just shoot feet, since it is a rocket launcher after all).
It has a slow reload (4s), but it has the same "Granum Attaché" gimmick as the Diplos where it auto-reloads itself when holstered.

e: It also has way higher ammo max than Bramma/Lenz.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I like the envoy.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm having fun with the Tenet Exec. Been a while since I used a heavy blade.

Also, back to having a bronze rank sigil. Made it to Legendary 1! :toot:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Grats on Legendary.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Echophonic posted:

I'm having fun with the Tenet Exec. Been a while since I used a heavy blade.

Also, back to having a bronze rank sigil. Made it to Legendary 1! :toot:

Who's the Warframe in the pic, looks dope.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

LupusAter posted:

Who's the Warframe in the pic, looks dope.

Nidus, the Night Stalker skin, Embolist armors and a Proboscis Cernos on the back.

temple posted:

Grats on Legendary.

Thanks!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The new Tenet Envoy is an 8-shot rocket launcher with Bramma-level aoe and damage. It also has an alt fire for "laser guided missile" mode where you can shine a targeter at something and in-flight missiles will turn around midair and home in on it. (I'm not sure why you would ever use this when you can just shoot feet, since it is a rocket launcher after all).
It has a slow reload (4s), but it has the same "Granum Attaché" gimmick as the Diplos where it auto-reloads itself when holstered.

e: It also has way higher ammo max than Bramma/Lenz.

It's not the alt fire, when you aim a laser comes out of the barrel that causes the rocket to zips towards enemies. Instead of using it to do 180 turns to hit things, you can kind of blind fire and then correct your aim.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
PC clan started its ascension ceremony.

You have under three days to interact with the console next to the trading post to claim your free endo.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Recommend some good helminth skill swaps for a bunch of warframes besides just roar on high str/duration frames.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Recommend some good helminth skill swaps for a bunch of warframes besides just roar on high str/duration frames.

Energized Munitions is great on Wisp/Harrow, since they both have one monumentally lovely ability and they have skills that make them shoot faster so if you're using something ammo-hungry like the Kohm you never need to worry about ammo.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Breach Surge is boss on Garuda. I also like Hysteria on Excalibur. Vial Rush on Frost is fun if you're built for range, like if you're doing Icy Avalanche.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jul 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Xata's whisper on exalted weapons