Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Really? It looks like they hosed up and uploaded a messed up mp3 or whatever on my client. I’m sure it’ll sort itself out.

Edit- Yup. Fixed already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

only listened to the first 15 minutes but it's good to hear them goofin around again. i wonder how the 'anytime i hear an accent i assume it's problematic' quadrant of the mbmbam fandom will react to Justin's character voice, which I'm pretty sure is just meant to be creepy old Southern lady

but this is good stuff so far

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jul 8, 2021

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Clint not doubling down and holding the initial joke accent is a real travesty.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

only listened to the first 15 minutes but it's good to hear them goofin around again. i wonder how the 'anytime i hear an accent i assume it's problematic' quadrant of the mbmbam fandom will react to Justin's character voice, which I'm pretty sure is just meant to be creepy old Southern lady

it's time we talk about clint appropriating the very real condition of your personality being a combination of a bunch of ghosts

scopes
Jun 5, 2004
I guarantee there's a tiktok hashtag for that.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtviQ046SQY

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

TAZ: Ethersea: "HEY EVERYBODY??? DON'T GOOGLE CLOACA."

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

eke out posted:

it's time we talk about clint appropriating the very real condition of your personality being a combination of a bunch of ghosts

The Adventure Zone: Etherkin

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

The 7th Guest posted:

I'm picturing Amber as just Vivien Leigh playing Blanche Dubois and will be so disappointed if Justin doesn't work a "I've always depended on the kindness of strangers" into this arc. If Ol Uncle Joshy were somehow turned into Karl Malden I'd be even happier.

Wonder if Griffin will add more french tourists to make Travis' really bad choice make sense.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

The 7th Guest posted:

i wonder how the 'anytime i hear an accent i assume it's problematic' quadrant of the mbmbam fandom will react to Justin's character voice, which I'm pretty sure is just meant to be creepy old Southern lady

whenever I imagine a MaxFun person I picture that one Liz Warren-supporting white dude on Twitter who kept posting poo poo like “Bernie yells a lot. Remind you of an abusive man much?”

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
It felt like such a timewarp to hear them goofing around in a TAZ space again without having to worry about getting to pre-planned backstory or waiting to be the guy with the best stinger. This was frankly better than a lot of recent MBMBAMs if you just want to hear some McElroy family goofs.

Pennsylvanian fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jul 9, 2021

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I loved this episode's light-hearted banter and how immediately they were able to jump into the game. I did not like Travis's voice one bit, and I didn't love how both Travis and Clint are playing "stupid" characters - that has the possibility of getting old real fast.

But I think this is a pretty promising start! The world building they did in Quiet Year is already paying off.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Good first episode--I don't mind Travis's voice but I did laugh when I wondered how well it'll hold up through the whole season. It's fine, even recommended to play in the space, but be kind to yourself with your ideas. Justin definitely went with something easier on himself than the Firbolg's slow and deep pitched cadence.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

If Travis quits on the french accent at any point he's a coward

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
I do appreciate Travis's continued attempts to make TAZ unlistenable even after he isn't the GM anymore

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Didn't mind Travis' voice, but I don't like Justin's being a whisper. I had to struggle to hear some of his lines.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Clints goof about staring at the picture of water and asking about Mint Cackleroy was amazing. Very solid start to the season so far, I actually enjoyed Travis’s accent.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Remember folks, much like the Italians it is always cool and good to make fun of the French.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/1413562604698615810?s=21

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I strongly approve this message. And OMG the reply saying it’s revenge for all those Riddle Me Piss segments? Please no.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
They should do an entire episode which is just Richard Stink presenting munch squad.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

deborah

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O-8tCvNGzI

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Since I gave a lot of poo poo to graduation and how awful it was (it was), I enjoyed this first episode

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
They're rolling to guide the action, I'm still waiting for a failed roll to muck up a plan and make them act of their feet. In any case it seems good so far.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Boy I wish they'd move AZ back to a weekly affair, but I get why that would be borderline impossible.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Pretty drat good mbmbam this week

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Finished the first episode of Ethersea.

Griffin nailed the music yet again.

Overall really enjoyable, but I’m apprehensive of Travis’ character steamrolling into manic frenchie dream guy territory unless Justin keeps calling him out.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Both Justin and Travis's accents vary wildly. I give it 5 episodes before one of them forgets they had one.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
12+ loving minutes on the munch squad in last weeks episode and the only bit that was funny was the “they don’t say what the taco shell is made out off”.

This is one few times the segment has made me mad.

E - the besties shirt is so bad. Just white and yellow text on a black shirt really worked hard on that one.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 13, 2021

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Bugsy posted:

12+ loving minutes on the munch squad

Oh gently caress yeah I love munch squad I need to catch up

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Killingyouguy! posted:

Oh gently caress yeah I love munch squad I need to catch up

The one in the latest episode is very good. Don't eat a sandwich that smells like poo poo!

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I got a question onto sawbones!! I'm so happy

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

change my name posted:

The one in the latest episode is very good. Don't eat a sandwich that smells like poo poo!

Love to wait a full hour to get a sandwich I immediately throw away

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm actually okay with the munch squad change of format. It's not just straight advertising copy and there is probably a much better change of getting funny content out of local food reviews of West Virginia strip mall restaurants.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

They're all live right now reading the latest TAZ novel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_43Lu-PN1o

El Jeffe fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jul 14, 2021

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol it seems like matthew lillard did not get the message that griffin does the dm parts in the reading but absolutely no one is going to intervene and stop him

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Finally got around to listening to the first episode of the new AZ campaign. That was fun, although I'm a little confused... are they criminals, or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

someone gimme the skinny on this ethersea setting, how similar to aquanox is it. the answer is directly proportional to how interested i would be in listening to it