Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

effika posted:

Email me (this username at gmail) and I'll send you a dodo code whenever.

Have done! Thanks so much.:)

e: thanks again! Hooray

HopperUK fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
The worst one is 6pm because it's such a downer track after 5pm funkin

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

track day bro! posted:

The worst one is 6pm because it's such a downer track after 5pm funkin

Aw no I love 6pm. The worst one is 3am. Stop judging me, game.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I still think 2am from the OG GameCube version is the bomb. "Oh, you still up? Let's rock!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J36o0MZ7EzU

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.
For me the 6 am one is the worst.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Thwomp posted:

The only NH track that grabs me is 5am.

:love: One thing I love about playing during the day is visiting a Southern Hemisphere island that’s been left open overnight for Celeste hunters, and just vibing, doing yoga, slowly walking along the beaches and just chilling out while the 4am and 5am music plays so calmly as the sun rises.

HopperUK posted:

Aw no I love 6pm. The worst one is 3am. Stop judging me, game.

I thought I was the only one who didn’t like the 3am music. All the other night music feels so relaxing….then 3am hits and it almost feels like the track was put in as a joke.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

I thought I was the only one who didn’t like the 3am music. All the other night music feels so relaxing….then 3am hits and it almost feels like the track was put in as a joke.

The game is telling you GO TO BED but also HAHA YOU CANNOT SLEEP

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

HopperUK posted:

Thank you friends!! I will get some NMTs printed and see if I can't remember to be around tomorrow to do swaps.:)

Sorry, something came up yesterday. PM me or flag me here and I'll give you a Dodo code to come and get the signs. Kiki wanted to trade for one of them just now, but I told her no.

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
Celeste is here. She's over on the west beach.
There are stars but they're slow. 5 at a time about 20 min apart

Sahara is here too

Please take anything you want

Dodo is closed

Will be open until about 2am pacific time

Haji fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jul 6, 2021

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Goth sheep Muffy is in boxes! I will be around for a few hours if anyone wants her.

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
This last time Celeste showed up for me she wasn't announced in the daily announcements, none of my villagers talked about stars or sky gazing, and it was fairly cloudy most of the night but there were still shooting stars. It's this new?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Haji posted:

This last time Celeste showed up for me she wasn't announced in the daily announcements, none of my villagers talked about stars or sky gazing, and it was fairly cloudy most of the night but there were still shooting stars. It's this new?

No, that's how she works. There are two kinds of meteor showers. Heavy showers are the ones Isabelle tells you about and your villagers comment on, and Celeste is guaranteed to show up then (unless you have two really close together, then she'll only visit one). Light showers don't get an announcement, you get a few shooting stars every so often, and Celeste has a chance to show up if you haven't seen her recently and there isn't a heavy shower due. I think you're guaranteed to see her once every week or ten days or so, I forget the exact number.

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
I see her nowhere near that often. I might see her once every 2 months or so

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Best time to check is after 7pm, just do a quick lap around your town. I don't even wait for stars, because sometimes I don't even notice the light shower. It's easy to miss her if you're only relying on that

Also I find she spawns on the cliffs a lot

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

opening my gates for an hour or two while im afk. there’s a meteor shower happening, Celeste is on the topleft mountain so you’ll need a ladder. dodo code 8573Y

e: closed

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 7, 2021

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Roscoe the literal dark horse is moving out today. Dodo code is [closed] if anyone wants him for themselves while I'm watching the football.

jackhunter64 fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jul 7, 2021

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Celeste is here again! Trapped in the usual spot where Godzilla fights the T-Rex. Warp pipe will take you directly to her.

CLOSED

Take whatever DIY recipes, fossils, etc. you want. There's a small summer cataloging area (in progress) to the right of the airport across the bridge. I'm waiting on the Retro Fans to arrive tomorrow, but for now, you can catalog all the surfboard variants if you missed out last year for whatever reason.

Turnips are garbage and CJ is visiting. Buy what you want at Nooks.

I'll be AFK but checking on the connection periodically.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jul 9, 2021

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I read somewhere that the game selects a day for Celeste to show up at the start of each week. She will only show up if the night is clear. On announced meteor shower nights she will show up unless you already saw her that week. Or as I found out, if KK Slider is there. Celeste can coexist with every other visitor but she loving hates KK Slider.

No promises but this has turned out true for me.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Jet Jaguar posted:

I still think 2am from the OG GameCube version is the bomb. "Oh, you still up? Let's rock!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J36o0MZ7EzU

the gamecube game in general had the best soundtrack. there's some bangers in later games, but i can't really think of a single hourly song from any subsequent game in the series i like more than their hourly equivalent from the original.

8am is my favorite song in the series and very high up my list of favorite video game songs ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYSMZpiF7sA

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

W.T. Fits posted:

There was a quoted post here about turnips selling for 505 Bells on my island.

Dodo Code-o is closed for now.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 9, 2021

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
And closed for now. If you missed out and still need to off-load turnips, post in here to let me know and I'll open back up; still got 6 hours, I think, before the twins close up shop for the day.

Grumble Bees
Oct 5, 2013
Opening up my island.

Redd is here with:

A real quaint painting,
A real famous painting,
A fake beautiful statue,
Wall-mounted candle, and
Cordless phone.

The warp pipe on the beach to the left of the entrance will take you to his beach.

At the Cranny, turnips are 116 bells, and the limited items are:

Throwback rocket,
Throwback container, and
Golf bag

And finally, Chester (over the rightmost bridge, directly below the cliff) is crafting an orange end table.

I'll be mostly AFK. Please don't pick up any items next to the museum or villagers' houses. I'm those are gifts for villagers I'm trying to get photos from.

Dodo code:

Closed

Grumble Bees fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jul 10, 2021

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
New summer style, built a new backyard. I love this game.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

DODO CODE: closed

Hola everyone! It's my birthday, and I'm opening up Numenor for the day!

- Turnips are 91 bells until noon PST!
- KK Slider is here of course.
- Come spend your money at Nook's or Abel's!
- Come see the Hourly Motel or the Sanrio House!
- Pick fruit or flowers or whatever you need! If you can pick it it's yours!
- Sign my board!

And a request... I am SO CLOSE to finishing off my clothing collection (I already have DIY, Flooring, Walls, Shoes, Socks, and Eyewear!) If you could spare any of the following I would be deeply appreicative!

List can be found here: https://nookplaza.net/lists/76050?view=list

I will probably be AFK for the most part, but thanks for stopping by!

ChickenDoodle fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 12, 2021

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

IkeTurner posted:

New summer style, built a new backyard. I love this game.

Oh this is so friggin cute! I also rarely see people using the Terracotta tiles on their island so this is an excellent use of them

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Oh this is so friggin cute! I also rarely see people using the Terracotta tiles on their island so this is an excellent use of them

You should come visit me next time I open up, my main pathways are all terracotta. It's nice and sunny.

eternalvictory
Jul 13, 2020

"I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs."

ChickenDoodle posted:

DODO CODE: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3923566&pagenumber=39#post516138318

Hola everyone! It's my birthday, and I'm opening up Numenor for the day!

- Turnips are 91 bells until noon PST!
- KK Slider is here of course.
- Come spend your money at Nook's or Abel's!
- Come see the Hourly Motel or the Sanrio House!
- Pick fruit or flowers or whatever you need! If you can pick it it's yours!
- Sign my board!

And a request... I am SO CLOSE to finishing off my clothing collection (I already have DIY, Flooring, Walls, Shoes, Socks, and Eyewear!) If you could spare any of the following I would be deeply appreicative!

List can be found here: https://nookplaza.net/lists/76050?view=list

I will probably be AFK for the most part, but thanks for stopping by!

Oh no, are you closed now? I’ve got a bunch of rugs for ya, happy birthday!

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
I love how it looks at night too. Apparently so do my islanders, they've been visiting all day since I built it.

Here's my Dream Address if anyone wanted to take a peek around my island:
DA-8229-2600-2440

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Opening Fiorina for the first time in what feels like a month! Redd is here with:

-Wistful painting (fake as usual)
-Calm painting (always real)
-Mystic statue (real)
-Warrior statue (fake)

Come buy what you see in Redd’s, Nook’s, and Able’s! Wander around the island and marvel at the newly refurbished areas! Draw stupid poo poo on my bulletin board!

Dodo in PGS thread

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 12, 2021

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

eternalvictory posted:

Oh no, are you closed now? I’ve got a bunch of rugs for ya, happy birthday!

I did, sorry! I ended up getting all but two rugs but I think I have a source on those so I’ll be finished. Thank you though!

And thanks everyone who stopped by and wrote a message or left a gift. It made it a great birthday. :)

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
It's Olive's birthday today. If you want to tell her happy birthday and dig through my pile o free stuff the Dodo code is in the PGS thread

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

My BFF Fauna is moving out tomorrow - I love her, but I have 3 normal villagers which is a lot. If anyone is planning on having an open plot tomorrow, let me know and I will hit you up!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Redd's back with real Serene painting and Academic painting and fake Mystic statue and Awesome painting, as well as unlimited Dark brown pet beds and Throwback skull radios in red. Warp pipe will take you directly to him.

Celeste is here too, but not in an area where it's easy to trap her. :effort:

CLOSED

Buy what you want at Nooks and Ables. Please take some DIYs, fossils or whatever's on the ground or in trees that you can pick.

There's summer item cataloging over to the right of the airport across the bridge in case you want all the surfboards and/or retro fan colors.

I'll be AFK but keeping an eye on the connection.

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 13, 2021

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Finally got off my backside and finished my alts' houses.

Did some night bug/fish hunting on a NMT island last week and now I only have three bugs left until I finish the museum.

There are a handful of things left to decorate/catalogue/etc and (at the moment) three non-permanent villagers to replace, but otherwise this island is pretty much finished.

Now to decide whether to buy a regular Switch for my second island, or wait until October and grab the OLED. I currently only have a Lite, so either of them would be a good upgrade, and the price difference isn't supposed to be much, so it would make sense to wait for the better screen...

Haji
Nov 15, 2005

Haj Paj
Just a warning; I find oled to be a huge eye strain. I unfortunately found out after getting an expensive, fancy TV and giving my old one away. I actually have to wear blue blockers now even with the TV at its dimmest settings. It really sucks. And I'm not about to throw down more money to replace my new TV. So make sure that you're ok staring at an oled screen for a few hours at a time before burning money on a new oled device.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

I finally caught a Giraffe stag this morning, which means I only have a Golden stag left to catch before I have all the bugs!

While catching multiples of them would be nice for model-making, I'm happy to settle for just one of each of them right now, since I missed them last year.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I just don't see the beetles before I scare them for the most part. I can't be done with creeping around the island and sometimes I literally do not see them, so eh, whatever. If I never complete the insects, that is okay with me.

Chief is holding out on giving me his photo. Admit you love me, Chief, so I can start giving you better clothes instead of hurling fruit down your neck.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

My tried and true* method for getting all those stupid rare beetles:

1. Move the game clock up to when they appear if you aren't there already.

2. Get a NMT and get to an island with minimal cliffs.

3. Tear down EVERYTHING on the island except for palm trees. Get rid of normal trees, flatten out flowers, destroy rocks, the whole shebang.

4. With just palm trees remaining, run back and forth until beetles appear. You'll have to occasionally chase off random bugs and catch mosquitos to reset the spawn pool. Put on a podcast and God bless.

*Still takes too dang long

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

For the first time since I’ve been playing this game, I actually had a villager in boxes on the same day that a campsite villager I wanted to invite was there! Fauna went to a gal from Reddit, and Chrissy is moving in! Tangy was my last villager to move out and I replaced her with Marshall, so I’m exited to have a peppy again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

you had tangy and you replaced her? you monster