Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

3D Megadoodoo posted:

There's like 40 000 better ways to set that up but it takes people who aren't immensely stupid to do so.

e: Lmaoing at the fact that literally the only person with any privacy is someone living under the stairs.

Did none of these people live in dorms or summer camp or anything? Get some bunk beds in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

those people's business ventures aren't going to make it, I'm sorry to say it but I know just from that video

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Antonymous posted:

those people's business ventures aren't going to make it, I'm sorry to say it but I know just from that video

You're forgetting how absolutely stupid consumers are. Just because a business plan is literally "digital post it notes but you burn a bunch of oil for it" doesn't mean you won't have people buying it.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

I wonder what the guy who lives on top of a closet pays

I think you mean the guy who lives in the wonderful little spot they entrepreneured

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

3D Megadoodoo posted:

There's like 40 000 better ways to set that up but it takes people who aren't immensely stupid to do so.

e: Lmaoing at the fact that literally the only person with any privacy is someone living under the stairs.

The guy with a bed reached via ladder has a private closet so I think it's between him and the under the stairs lady for least lovely arrangements.

Most lovely is probably being the third in the rooms with couples.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

StormDrain posted:

Did none of these people live in dorms or summer camp or anything? Get some bunk beds in here.

That would require a small communal investment and apparently that's off the table.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
They entrepreneured a tenement flophouse.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't feel bad for any of those people

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Antonymous posted:

I'd you are a rich kid you can just fail over and over and over with no consequences until something finally works by sheer luck so some of them will eventually start something that survives.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Thoguh posted:

I'd you are a rich kid you can just fail over and over and over with no consequences until something finally works by sheer luck so some of them will eventually start something that survives.

respect the grind

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

and lol if you don't think subjecting themselves to that hellhole isn't them just trying to add credibility to their future 'rags to riches' backstory

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Thoguh posted:

The guy with a bed reached via ladder has a private closet so I think it's between him and the under the stairs lady for least lovely arrangements.

Most lovely is probably being the third in the rooms with couples.

depends on your and their level of kink

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

We're having problems with kitchen cleanliness but we got a security camera

Oh to be a fly on the wall for that house meeting

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

HashtagGirlboss posted:

We're having problems with kitchen cleanliness but we got a security camera

Oh to be a fly on the wall for that house meeting

free the sink shitter

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

ah so -these- are the people that Wolff talks about at 1:03:45
https://youtu.be/eU-AkeOyiOQ

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

16 people is 120 interpersonal relationships if I did my math right, that is, if each person has a relationship with each of the 15 other people who live there and no one is strangers. Relationships aren't binary there's also definitely nonlinear effects when there's people's sexual/romantic partners and different style rooms and cliques and whatever else people can fight about. And these people mostly didn't grow up together they started as strangers so no like tribal/familial vibe, no shared goal or shared history, it's purely 15 other people help pay my rent who are my competitors/colleagues as young entrepenuaers. Wonder how eviction would go if someone was stealing or creeping

anyway it's a lot of potential to blow up cause just one of those 120 relationships going sour could funk up the whole house.

Antonymous has issued a correction as of 22:06 on Jul 9, 2021

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its 16 factorial lol

consider 3, 4 peeps relations etc

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Antonymous posted:

16 people is 120 interpersonal relationships if I did my math right, that is, if each person has a relationship with each of the 15 other people who live there and no one is strangers. Relationships aren't binary there's also definitely nonlinear effects when there's people's sexual/romantic partners and different style rooms and cliques and whatever else people can fight about. And these people mostly didn't grow up together they started as strangers so no like tribal/familial vibe, it's purely 15 other people help pay my rent. Wonder how eviction would go if someone was stealing or creeping

anyway it's a lot of potential to blow up cause just one of those 120 relationships going sour could funk up the whole house.

If you don't play nice you have to sleep in the christmas light closet.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why not just get 8 bunk beds in one room and rent out the rest to other burgeoning entrepreneur fucktards?!?

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

"under communism you will share a condo with 16 other people"

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Why not just get 8 bunk beds in one room and rent out the rest to other burgeoning entrepreneur fucktards?!?

This guy loving entrepreneurs

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is just a punk squat house except everyone pays like $2000/mo to live there

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

crimedog posted:

This guy loving entrepreneurs

an entrepreneur of entrepreneurs if you will

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gonna entrepreneur myself a sandwich

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
where do you jerk off

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Woof Blitzer posted:

where do you jerk off

In the orgy pit

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Woof Blitzer posted:

where do you jerk off

You entrepreneur some time in the closet under the stairs.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Taking a poo poo and there's 15 notes about refilling the toilet paper all in different handwriting

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is the true story, of sixteen strangers, picked to live in a house, work together, and have their lives taped. Find out what happens, when people stop being polite, and start getting entrepreneurial

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

I love that they needed to put a spy camera in the kitchen just to keep people honest and clean up after themselves. It's not surprising, but it still made me lol.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

bob dobbs is dead posted:

its 16 factorial lol

consider 3, 4 peeps relations etc

No it's n(n-1) unique relationships, 240 in this case

How!
Oct 29, 2009

God Hole posted:

a couple is in this bed... [panning]... and over here is nick

Oh, hi Bret!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

an extremely unimaginative conception of the number of people that can be in a relationship

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

World War Mammories posted:

an extremely unimaginative conception of the number of people that can be in a relationship

Sure, I guess "unique individual" relationships would be better. I expect they'll all be in the cuddle gently caress puddle but I think that requires some higher-dimensional topology to model

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Failed Imagineer posted:

This assumes that relationships are one-sided (counting that A has a relationship to B and that B has a relationship to A as two separate relationships)

it might hold in this case if they all think they are exploiting one another for affordable housing

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the complex mathematics of polycules underlie many recent advances in cryptography

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

World War Mammories posted:

the complex mathematics of polycules underlie many recent advances in cryptography

I was gonna make a joke about blockchains but then I realized someone has absolutely tried to do "polycule blockchain" earnestly already

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

kaschei posted:

This assumes that relationships are one-sided (counting that A has a relationship to B and that B has a relationship to A as two separate relationships)

it might hold in this case if they all think they are exploiting one another for affordable housing

Oh yeah, (n(n-1)/2) then I guess

ducttape
Mar 1, 2008

Failed Imagineer posted:

If you only count relationships that are between two people, it is (n)(n-1)/2

However, if you count relationships containing multiple people to be separate from their combined interpersonal relationships (For example, some subset form a weekly book club, but none of them really talk about the books one-on-one), the number of possible relationships is 2^n-n-1

ducttape has issued a correction as of 01:08 on Jul 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reverend Zero
Mar 8, 2006

a cool thing about cramming a building with 16 entrepreneurs is that if the building burns down thats 16 less entrepreneurs on the planet