Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

This is absolute filth on a level the anime industry has never seen before

Agreed, I’ll watch it and report back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well I watched the new episode of slime Isekai and it still weirds me out the dwarf guy is normal height.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

dogsicle posted:

please anime, give us premieres to discuss

Aquatrope was a nice, chill dose of magical realism.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Kwyndig posted:

Well I watched the new episode of slime Isekai and it still weirds me out the dwarf guy is normal height.

Maybe their version of Dwarves are just basically Grey Elves without the ears.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kwyndig posted:

Why Gazel more resembles a gruff mountaineer than even Thorin Oakenshield is beyond me.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Aside from the dwarf guy it was a good episode. Veldora turning out to be a mega weeb was hilarious.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

It is just because he is a hero of dwarfs which apparently changes your body anatomy completely compared to every other dwarf

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Aquatrope MC is in her late teens and was born in 2003, I'm crumbling to dust here.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Physiognomy..,

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Ashtarath posted:

It is just because he is a hero of dwarfs which apparently changes your body anatomy completely compared to every other dwarf

I mean, how tall do you think the greatest and tallest of the dwarfs is? Might even be a whole towering five foot nine!

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Everyone needs to lay off Gazel. He's very sensitive about his gigantism.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Comparing that bizarre isekai parody to JK Haru is insulting to JK Haru, which is actually really good and is a pretty effectively pointed genre satire

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

esselfortium posted:

Comparing that bizarre isekai parody to JK Haru is insulting to JK Haru, which is actually really good and is a pretty effectively pointed genre satire

The JK Haru author's other works are significantly more questionable than the isekai parody thing, though, so maybe not dive too deep into this.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
what does that have to do with whether or not JK Haru is effective satire?

(also I was curious what other works were so bad and it doesn't look like the author has done anything other than that novel and a short story collection so are you talking about the artist of the manga?)

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Everything Burrito posted:

what does that have to do with whether or not JK Haru is effective satire?

(also I was curious what other works were so bad and it doesn't look like the author has done anything other than that novel and a short story collection so are you talking about the artist of the manga?)

This is the author's web novel page: https://xmypage.syosetu.com/mypage/novellist/xid/x4104m/

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah ok, I was just looking at the mangaupdates page which only had the one thing but I still don't see why writing some trashy smut invalidates their other work :shrug:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
trashy web novel writing isn't exactly making a kadokawa manga that randomly pulls characters from other artists' work to call those characters immoral rapists

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Lt. Lizard posted:

The one thing I don't comprehend about this whole thing is that the isekai genre does not exactly lack morally dubious protagonists who do vile things on pretty flimsy justifications and would easily work as a despicable villains with pretty much little or no change of their character. So why, instead of using those guys, would you use characters that are traditionally heroic and where you have to basically completely rewrite their personality to make them the monsters your protagonist can dunk on?

Like why turn some guy with Gandalf grandfather into a horrible rapist when the protagonist from Redo of Healer is right there?

I think this is the hardest criticism for the guy to dodge. When you're ostensibly parodying the excesses of the genre, but somehow your personifications of the excesses keep appearing in the form of characters that didn't engage in those excesses but that did achieve equal or greater commercial success relative to your own works, the whole thing takes on an air of sour grapes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Seems like there really has been a hell of a lot of isekai shovelware this season. Seriously, way too many premieres so far have been way too bland and samey.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you're telling me there's more than one wolf wearing bloomers this season?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i'm disappointed the other drugstore isekai got delayed to fall so we didn't get 2 of the exact same show in the same season

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tales of Woe posted:

i'm disappointed the other drugstore isekai got delayed to fall so we didn't get 2 of the exact same show in the same season

The other show also has a werewolf and a ghost?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Tales of Woe posted:

I really hope Kusuriya no Hitorigoto gets an adaption at some point; it's really good!

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
I really want Kanojo mo Kanojo to be good. I can accept that it's necessarily going to be a goofball comedy, and I'm very curious to see how it threads the needle between that and being a plausible situation with the sincere, honest idiot guy and four chicks (the intro and outro make it clear it's going to go that way).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Really just makes me want to wait for the inevitable 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You adaption.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Nate RFB posted:

Really just makes me want to wait for the inevitable 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You adaption.

:yeah:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Nate RFB posted:

That’s the one where he has to date the girls or they die, so it just constantly escalates in ridiculousness?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Islamic Shock posted:

I really want Kanojo mo Kanojo to be good. I can accept that it's necessarily going to be a goofball comedy, and I'm very curious to see how it threads the needle between that and being a plausible situation with the sincere, honest idiot guy and four chicks (the intro and outro make it clear it's going to go that way).
I don't think the anime is quite succeeding at making it look like Redhead Girlfriend is into Bluehair Girlfriend

Also the OP is set to a godawful song.

Needs more Kuzuhana

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nemo2342 posted:

That’s the one where he has to date the girls or they die, so it just constantly escalates in ridiculousness?
Pretty much

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Someone give that translator a Victoria Cross

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
manga translators gotta put in capital w Work sometimes

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

dogsicle posted:

If they could do it without the loli implications, I'd appreciate it.

Also, more dragon girls with flame sacs for tits, kthxbye.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

artiswitch takes a swerve this time, with an absolute shitter. thankfully, Nina can teach humility and confidence. and perhaps a hint that we will have some overarching narrative build in the second half?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYYaK3-G7yo

i did not care much for this song, but maybe the full version will have more to offer. after all, ep2's turned out to only be a catchy chorus :sigh:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

kobayashi big vibes

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Someone give that translator a Victoria Cross

That’s up there with redrawing the Iruma-kun musical chapter that used 0 speech bubbles.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

dogsicle posted:

What's show is this?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

What's show is this?

Assuming this is Peach Boy Riverside, a recent review called its aesthetic interesting yet its execution very boring.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

do you think wolves wearing bloomers are an interesting aesthetic squark

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
its the pharmacy slow life isekai with the bloomers werewolf girl whose fluffy tail has a healing effect on multiple customers in ep 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ty