Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
17th June
SEAdLINNNG Shinkiba Nights
Beyond The Sea Tag Team Titles
Las Fresa de Egoistas (ASUKA & Makoto) vs Rina Yamashita & Yumiko Hotta

MOTYC
17th June
SEAdLINNNG Shinkiba Nights
Beyond The Sea Title #1 Contendership
Nanae Takahashi vs Ryo Mizunami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TJPW Don't Miss The Signs 7/10

HM: Hikari Noa vs. Raku, TJPW International Princess of Princess Championship
HM: Maki Itoh, Yuki Kamifuku, Nao Kakuta, Marika Kobashi, Mirai Maiumi vs. Hyper Misao, Shoko Nakajima, Mizuki, Rika Tatsumi, Miu Watanabe

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pylons posted:

HM: Maki Itoh, Yuki Kamifuku, Nao Kakuta, Marika Kobashi, Mirai Maiumi vs. Hyper Misao, Shoko Nakajima, Mizuki, Rika Tatsumi, Miu Watanabe

Second, this was a ton of fun.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

DDT Summer Vacation Tour July 10th
HM
Kazuki Hirata vs Akito
- Hirata is my favourite comedy guy right now, dude never has a dud segment. Him pretending to be Akito to Akito pretending to be him before DOUBLE TOKYOOOOO and then the ref, who trained in Sambo, taking Hirata down and submitting him before calling for the bell. Absolutely beautiful.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pylons posted:

nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
These are all HMs.

Maika vs. Utami Hayashishita, Stardom Jan 17
AZM & Momo Watanabe vs. Natsupoi & Syuri, Stardom Jan 24
Daniel Bryan vs. Jey Uso, Smackdown April 2
Street Profits vs. Gable & Otis vs. Dirty Dawgs vs. Mysterios, Smackdown April 9
Street Profits vs. Dirty Dawgs, Smackdown April 16
Cesaro & Bryan vs. Uso & Rollins, Smackdown April 23
Kevin Owens vs. Apollo Crews, Smackdown April 23

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
9th July
Dragon Gate Hopeful Gate
MASQUERADE (Dragon Dia, Jason Lee, La Estrella & Shun Skywalker) vs R.E.D. (Dia Inferno, Diamante, Eita & SB KENTo)

HM
9th July
Dragon Gate Hopeful Gate

Masato Yoshino, Naruki Doi & Shachihoko BOY vs Natural Vibes (Genki Horiguchi, Kzy & Susumu Yokosuka)

So this'll be the 3rd last Speed Star televised match. Despite everything Yoshino still has moments where he runs the ropes faster than anyone else & you forget that it's nearly over. Perhaps I'm overrating it a bit but it combines some traditional DG comedy with the rubber band & being too dizzy to go to the right corner with good solid, DG bread & butter 6 Man Tag action and the sentimental element around the impending retirement of legend. Even without understanding a word the emotion of Kzy's promo got to me.

MOTYC
9th July
Dragon Gate Hopeful Gate
Kota Minoura vs Masaaki Mochizuki

This was a terrific shorter match and it rules that DG are keeping up the momentum Kota built up during King of Gate.

MOTYC
9th July
Dragon Gate Hopeful Gate
KAI vs YAMATO

While I'm hear, some pointless stats from me since we've passed the half-way point in the year: I have seen 1,144 matches this year. 188 shows watched (4 short of 1 show per day). 87 matches at MOTYC level, 235 at HM level. 1 5* match, 9 4 3/4*.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 11, 2021

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
GCW/Loko Fight Club Houston 07/09/2021
HM
Joey Janela vs Dante Leon
Stop trying to climb the building to just get slammed into the apron

AJ Gray vs Bryan Keith
Just some chopping and kicking action

6-man Lucha Scramble
Lucha poo poo

Nick Gage vs Sadika
A really good deathmatch

WMOTYC
Jack Cartwheel vs Ninja Mack
The ring was covered in sweat and the building was at 90 degrees. Cartwheel slipped a few times in super scary ways that kept taking any momentum out of it.

Oil! fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jul 11, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Was that show on July 10th?

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

Jerusalem posted:

Was that show on July 10th?

No, it was the 9th, I edited it into the post.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thanks! :)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Pylons posted:

Just caught it, +1

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Don't Miss the Signs July 10th
HM
Moka Miyamoto vs Yuki Arai
- Moka has really grown on me since I started watching, and Yuki is pretty incredible considering she's only been wrestling a few months.

Hikari Noa (c) vs Raku - International Princess Championship
- Up Up Girls Explode! Short and sweet, got across everything it needed to. One of the few singles matches I remember Raku having and she entertained, Hikari continues to be great in a post Deathmatch Rangers world, and some really brutal looking shots.

e:

Hyper Misao, Miu Watanabe, Mizuki, Rika Tatsumi and Shoko Nakajima vs Maki Itoh, Marika Kobashi, Mirai Maiumi, Nao Kakuta and Yuki Kamifuku
- I didn't have particularly high hopes for this as I find the TJPW big tags to be particularly hit or miss, but this was really fun. Everyone got their chance to shine and looked good, and the post match was a nice tribute to their missing comrades

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jul 11, 2021

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
GCW You Only Die Once 07/10/2021

MOTYC

Allie Katch vs Effy

Effy is the ultimate heel in this match. Mama Katch gets involved, Effy removes a prosthetic leg, Bussy is fine.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Oil! posted:

MOTYC

Allie Katch vs Effy

Effy is the ultimate heel in this match. Mama Katch gets involved, Effy removes a prosthetic leg, Bussy is fine.

2nd, go out of your way to watch this

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

MOTYC

Alex Colon vs AJ Gray

Nick Gage was unable to perform tonight, but you wouldn't know it. This was the second match of the night for AJ Gray (after his brutal chop fest last night) and it was an amazing death match and better than last night's Gage/Sadika one in my mind.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Dangerous Tekkers (C) vs. LIJ (Naito & SANADA) for the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles - NJPW Summer Struggle in Sapporo 7/11

Really really good match and another example of New Japan time dilation, great chemistry between everybody involved in this match even if I really wanted the Tekkers to retain.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Dangerous Tekkers (C) vs. LIJ (Naito & SANADA) for the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles - NJPW Summer Struggle in Sapporo 7/11

Really really good match and another example of New Japan time dilation, great chemistry between everybody involved in this match even if I really wanted the Tekkers to retain.
Nth loved it

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH Cross Over July 11th
MOTYC
Momo no Seishun (Daisuke Harada and Hajime Ohara) (c) vs Kongoh (Haoh and Tadasuke) - GHC Jr Tag Team Championships
- To paraphrase Lamuella in the puro thread, this match was everything that's great about the Jr division without all the bullshit that turns people off. Fast paced, hard hitting and technical, I was on the edge of my seat for the entire second half of this match, fuckin ruled

Naomichi Marufuji (c) vs Takashi Sugiura - GHC Heavyweight Championship
- THIS. This is what I wanted out of a match between these two guys, awesome stuff

HM
M's Alliance (Masato Tanaka and Massaki Mochizuki) vs Kinya Okada and Junta Miyawaki
- Two double hard veterans beat the poo poo out of two Young Boys. The lads showed some real heart, but were ultimately doomed

Kongoh (Kenoh, Manabu Soya and Katsuhiko Nakajima) vs Masa Kitamiya, Yoshiki Inamura and Atsushi Kotoge
- Katsu and Kitamiya are still going at it like a couple of mad bastards, the other four were just along for the ride and to beat the crap out of each other in the interim. Fun as hell.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

NOAH Cross Over 2021 in Sendai, 7/11

HM: Nioh vs Yasutaka Yano
MOTYC: Daisuke Harada & Hajime Ohara vs Haoh & Tadasuke, GHC Junior Tag Team Championship
HM: Masa Kitamiya, Yoshiki Inamura, Atsushi Kotoge vs Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Manabu Soya
MOTYC: Naomichi Marufuji vs. Takashi Sugiura, GHC Heavyweight Championship

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Naomichi Marufuji (C) vs. Takashi Sugiura for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH Cross Over 2021 in Sendai 7/11

Really, really good match. "Young" Marufuji is really good and Sugiura is a scary old man.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Momo no Seishun (Daisuke Harada and Hajime Ohara) (c) vs Kongoh (Haoh and Tadasuke) - GHC Jr Tag Team Championships
- To paraphrase Lamuella in the puro thread, this match was everything that's great about the Jr division without all the bullshit that turns people off. Fast paced, hard hitting and technical, I was on the edge of my seat for the entire second half of this match, fuckin ruled

- THIS. This is what I wanted out of a match between these two guys, awesome stuff

HM
M's Alliance (Masato Tanaka and Massaki Mochizuki) vs Kinya Okada and Junta Miyawaki
- Two double hard veterans beat the poo poo out of two Young Boys. The lads showed some real heart, but were ultimately doomed

Kongoh (Kenoh, Manabu Soya and Katsuhiko Nakajima) vs Masa Kitamiya, Yoshiki Inamura and Atsushi Kotoge
- Katsu and Kitamiya are still going at it like a couple of mad bastards, the other four were just along for the ride and to beat the crap out of each other in the interim. Fun as hell.

Nth all of these. Really good show.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SEAdLINNNG ~ Nanae Takahashi 25th Anniversary ☆ ARIGATOU ~ July 11th
MOTYC
Asuka (c) vs Ryo Mizunami
- This was exhausting to watch, it only ran a bit under 20 minutes but it felt like such a physical struggle between the two. It continues to boggle the mind that Asuka is this good this young

Nanae Takahashi vs Arisa Nakajima
- Arisa Nakajima is one of the best women's wrestlers in the world. Nanae Takahashi is one of the best women's wrestlers in the world. These two are former tag team champions and know each other inside and out. They beat the absolute hell out of each other. Riveting from beginning to end

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
- This was exhausting to watch, it only ran a bit under 20 minutes but it felt like such a physical struggle between the two. It continues to boggle the mind that Asuka is this good this young

- Arisa Nakajima is one of the best women's wrestlers in the world. Nanae Takahashi is one of the best women's wrestlers in the world. These two are former tag team champions and know each other inside and out. They beat the absolute hell out of each other. Riveting from beginning to end

2nd

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Oil! posted:

MOTYC

Allie Katch vs Effy

Oil! posted:

MOTYC

Alex Colon vs AJ Gray

Nick Gage was unable to perform tonight, but you wouldn't know it. This was the second match of the night for AJ Gray (after his brutal chop fest last night) and it was an amazing death match and better than last night's Gage/Sadika one in my mind.

NTH. IDK if this place was hotter and more humid than Houston but it was rough in there for sure.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Nth the nom and the sentiment behind the spoiler.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

Nth.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ROH Best In The World 7/11

HM: Jonathon Gresham vs. Mike Bennett, Pure Title Match
HM: Dragon Lee vs. Tony Deppen, ROH TV championship
HM: Homicide & Chris Dicksinon vs. Jonathon Gresham & Rhett Titus, ROH Tag Team titles
HM: RUSH vs. Bandido, ROH World Championship

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

Pylons posted:

HM: Homicide & Chris Dicksinon vs. Jonathon Gresham & Rhett Titus, ROH Tag Team titles

Nth

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pylons posted:

nth all of these

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

Nth on this one too.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Jerusalem posted:

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Naomichi Marufuji (C) vs. Takashi Sugiura for the GHC Heavyweight Championship - NOAH Cross Over 2021 in Sendai 7/11

Really, really good match. "Young" Marufuji is really good and Sugiura is a scary old man.
Nth to both

NJPW Summer Struggle in Sapporo, 7/10
HM: El Desperado (c) vs Taiji Ishimori for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship

Being a BC match put it down a notch, but some of the sequences and counters here were incredible.

NJPW Summer Struggle in Sapporo, 7/11
HM: Master Wato vs Shingo Takagi

Someday, Grandmaster Wato will hit the Watosault in a packed Tokyo Dome full of screaming Watomaniacs. Someday.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah agreed

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Pylons posted:

Nth. Excellent show

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Summer Struggle July 11th
HM

Shingo Takagi vs Master Wato
- Wato has improved so much in a year, Shingo gave him a ton before he snuffed Wato out

Dangerous Tekkers (Taichi and Zack Sabre Jr) (c) vs LIJ (Tetsuya Naito and SANADA) - IWGP Tag Team Championships
- Some great parts, but certainly didn't need to be as long as it was

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Pylons posted:

Nth.

The Buzz is back!!!!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Holy moley this is amazing. Fiery babyface Haoh and Hajime Ohara's sick-rear end backbreakers impressed me, nth.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC

Here you go friends,

Asuka vs. Ryo, I forgot how loving sick the headbutt/rainmaker combo thing was. Some things of significance for the build to this match, Ryo was Asuka's senior in WAVE which they both ended up leaving. Asuka's first major title in wrestling was the Regina di WAVE which she dropped to Ryo. The outfit Asuka is wearing is her WAVE outfit (or at least a new outfit designed to look like it). She's trying to exorcise demons of the past in this match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZEiwxcDEPM

And here is Arisa vs Nanae

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVp9D-UA9vA

e: i forgot Yuzupon comes out to give Nanae flowers after the entrances. Skip to 6:40 if you don't want to listen to Yuzupon.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jul 12, 2021

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Pylons posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Leon van Gasteren vs. Marius Al-Ani, wXw We Love Wrestling, March 5