Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Windows phone was good..

Fight me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Are we gonna start discussing over phone financing now?

The MCU TV life cycle:

Mephisto--Boat--Phone

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
this is the only mcu thread i read so im just going to review black widow here: 7/10 on mcu scale. would have liked more red room, taskmaster, and relationship between the mom and dad because i love rachel. florence pugh was cool. scarjo looked bored

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

apatheticman posted:

Windows phone was good..

Fight me

I was still using my Nokia 520 until last Friday. The only reason I got a new phone was because AT&T said it was incompatible with their new network and was slowly turning my service off :mad:. It still worked like a champ and even the battery can hold a charge for several days.

Mostly I liked having more competition in the cell phone market...but capitalism :(

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I had a Treo so I can't say anything.

..it ruled.

E: I also had a windows phone that could play an emulated Ultima Underworld and to this day 15 some years later I'm wondering why I still can't loving play UW on a phone.

Barreft fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jul 10, 2021

E. Nesbit
Mar 18, 2009

Eat two dicks and call me in the morning.

Desperado Bones posted:

:( I want flip phones back.

I currently own one and it's the best.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

gregday posted:

That's a lot of words he's written to just say he doesn't understand the difference between multiplication and addition.

quote:

code:
If 1 x 1 = 2
    Then, 1 x 2 = 3
          and, 1 x 3 = 4
                 to, 1 x 4 = 5

and Beyond

Nah, he's just operating on a whole other level.

Also, big thanks to Leon Trotsky and everyone for their posts. I'm going to bookmark them so I can refer to it all the next time someone gets to hear the story for the first time.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

So disappointed in this Taskmaster versus the one in the comics that ran the villainy school. I mean I guess this one could somehow turn out with a similar sense of humor but it's hard to see how with this backstory. Getting blown up by an Avenger as a child and then rebuilt into a cyborg assassin doesn't seem conducive to having, well, any sense of humor about how life has poo poo upon you.

Also, the whole macguffin in the movie was dumber than magic. Antiviolence pheromones? Mind control counter agents? I'll suspend disbelief for living trees and misanthropic ducks, but that's just crazy pants. How does your body/brain even know who has the pheromones? How does the counteragent know the source of your mind control or mental conditioning or whatever and then how to cure it?

If you're gonna be that goddamn silly, go ahead and give me an Impossible Man show.

And I'd like more Yelena too, please.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Organic Lube User posted:

And I'd like more Yelena too, please.

Is she gonna be in the Hawkeye series later this year?? I hope so

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

Is she gonna be in the Hawkeye series later this year?? I hope so

Yep, she's already been seen on set

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Ugh. That means I'll have to deal with Jeremy Renner on my TV for longer than is healthy or worthwhile.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Ugh. That means I'll have to deal with Jeremy Renner on my TV for longer than is healthy or worthwhile.

You don't like his weird veiny forearms and knobby knuckles?

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Exactly! The only healthy way to watch Jeremy Renner is through his app.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006
I know people always joke about Hawkeye being the most rubbish Avenger in terms of superpowers, but honestly everything else about that character is so forgettable and unremarkable. Its like they had to put that scene in Endgame at the start to just try and make us feel something for the character after all this time, but he's still just this weird blank slate non-person. I couldn't tell you anything about his characterization beyond 'has kids' and 'good aim'. I hope the series finds something there but I don't have much hope.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
MCU Hawkeye is Batman.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

He's Green Arrow without the occasionally less terrible politics.

Moon Knight is Batman.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
Hawkeye hosed Moonstone (while they were in Thunderbolts).

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

BLACK WIDOW AFTER CREDITS SPOILER:

Is this the only good thing in black widow?

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Bullseye is a way more interesting Hawkeye.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

MCU Hawkeye is a guy who is trained and whatnot, but he's still fundamentally 'a guy.' He's literally the part of the narrative that says 'hey in this world of superpowers and crazy poo poo a normal dude (like you!) could hold their own' in exactly the same way Batman is. I personally like the optimism of that, but he necessarily must be a bit of a cipher to fill that role.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Elephanthead posted:

Is this the only good thing in black widow?

David Harbour is fabulous and there is an homage to The Americans

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
I’ve enjoyed Loki enough to watch the original Thor for the first time. There’s some enjoyable stuff, it Jane was embarrassing. They should also remaster it so Thor doesn’t have badly bleached eyebrows.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

So disappointed in this Taskmaster versus the one in the comics that ran the villainy school.

personally im so disappointed in this Taskmaster versus the one in the tv show that makes people perform tasks

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Casnorf posted:

MCU Hawkeye is a guy who is trained and whatnot, but he's still fundamentally 'a guy.' He's literally the part of the narrative that says 'hey in this world of superpowers and crazy poo poo a normal dude (like you!) could hold their own' in exactly the same way Batman is. I personally like the optimism of that, but he necessarily must be a bit of a cipher to fill that role.

True, one thing about the upcoming show that's odd to me is the setup I'm assuming (and thus opening myself to the gym teacher aphorism about rear end-U-me) that after a couple of violent misunderstanding/attempted murders, we'll see Clint, Kate Bishop and Yelena forming some kind of team/surrogate family to hunt down the real villains. I'm wondering if something else will happen to Hawkeye's actual family. Because aside from normal dude wth supernaturally good aim, the one distinctive thing about Clint Barton is that he's an actual married man with children - and some kind of home improvement fetish.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I never wanted full comics Hawkeye, but yeah MCU Hawkeye keeps getting the short end of the stick and it sucks. I 100% expect the new Hawkeye show to be mostly about getting him "out of the way" so Kate Bishop can do the "arrogant archer who has no business being there, but is anyway" schtick better.

And what bugs me is that Renner is 100% capable of pulling it off. At the end of the first Avengers and in Civil War he does that schtick and he's great at it. But no one running the show has the slightest interest in giving that to him. Hope the paychecks were good and the shoots relatively easy for the guy, tbh.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What a terrible take. Renner needs to get out of the way so Lucky the Pizza Dog can become the goodest boy

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Casnorf posted:

MCU Hawkeye is Batman.

I'd have thought that's obviously Iron Man (rich but buff dude buys toys to become hero). It's not one to one but yeah. Hawkeye is like, Captain Boomerang. But more bland.

Casnorf posted:

But like even normal people have like... interesting and/or memorable personalities? I just don't think he's very well written tbh.

The Grumbles fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jul 10, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Infinitum posted:

What a terrible take. Renner needs to get out of the way so Lucky the Pizza Dog can become the goodest boy

Really hope we get an entire episode from Lucky’s POV.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

I never wanted full comics Hawkeye, but yeah MCU Hawkeye keeps getting the short end of the stick and it sucks. I 100% expect the new Hawkeye show to be mostly about getting him "out of the way" so Kate Bishop can do the "arrogant archer who has no business being there, but is anyway" schtick better.

And what bugs me is that Renner is 100% capable of pulling it off. At the end of the first Avengers and in Civil War he does that schtick and he's great at it. But no one running the show has the slightest interest in giving that to him. Hope the paychecks were good and the shoots relatively easy for the guy, tbh.

jeremy renner had a personal social media platform called Jeremy Renner Official, i still can't get over it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Legit can't believe we're getting What If?, Shang-chi, Eternals, Spider-man 3, Hawkeye, and Ms Marvel this year :allears:

And then Venom 2 out on the peripheries in September.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

:( I want flip phones back.

Don't worry they're making a comeback!

Costs around £1200 off Amazon I guess and I bet that screen is super fragile.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

And yes, it has a retro mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FypB-0CaPAA

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

T9 was faster for texting.

I won't defend this at all

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Veotax posted:

Don't worry they're making a comeback!

Costs around £1200 off Amazon I guess and I bet that screen is super fragile.

Oh no, this is a terrible idea considering that everyone loved to close the old ones dramatically.

edit; saw the video it looks so fragile lmao

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 10, 2021

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Venom 2 is gonna be loving massive whether we like it or not. Casual audiences are absolutely shitfaced in love with symbiote designs and always have been.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Don't get me wrong, I loves me some Venom and Carnage, I just wish Disney was in charge of it so poo poo was integrated better.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I hope Venom 2 is primarily a romcom and at the end sure they can take care of Carnage I guess

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

The Grumbles posted:

But like even normal people have like... interesting and/or memorable personalities? I just don't think he's very well written tbh.

Cipher. Audience surrogate. By necessity he must not have any outlandish or defining characteristics lest any given person be unable to place themselves in his role, especially if they are unable to imagine themselves in any other more exaggerated one.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Honestly I'm just happy because Venom 2's guaranteed success means Andy Serkis will get more directing work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Infinitum posted:

Legit can't believe we're getting What If?, Shang-chi, Eternals, Spider-man 3, Hawkeye, and Ms Marvel this year :allears:

What’s the release schedule look like in terms of overlapping? Will we get any situations like Loki/Black Widow or will it just be nonstop mcu week to week