Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

When did the venue change? I thought Masa's return show was at Shinjuku FACE as of two weeks ago

He cancelled the show with fans because of the State of Emergency declaration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaosAG
Oct 14, 2005
Hikari Noa is going to explode everyone, apparently :eek:

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1413393366272802832

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

Ichigaya Chocolate Square is about to be colonised by the FRENCH!

Surely Mei Suguira will never let this infraction stand :ohdear:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

Surely Mei Suguira will never let this infraction stand :ohdear:

Oh no! I understand she's been called away on urgent business in "a nearby town"!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

SEAdLINNNG are in a working relationship with Ice Ribbon which makes that awkward. It's not a coincidence that the Ice Ribbon wrestlers who are regulars at SEAd like Tsukushi aren't on this show.

For my selfish sake, Ice Ribbon & Emi should sort their poo poo out & make up because seeing Mei vs Suzu would be dope.

Speaking of SEAdLINNNG, really liked the 16/6 Las Fresa vs Citrus Wind 10 mag captain's fall tag. Excellent stuff.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jul 9, 2021

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Huh, Natsuki Taiyo said that she trained with Naito, Shingo and BUSHI. They should bring her out of retirement into LIJ.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

kaosAG posted:

Hikari Noa is going to explode everyone, apparently :eek:

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1413393366272802832

:yeshaha:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1413381022742319105

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1413393108297871362

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This is Maki's third or fourth exploding bat deathmatch, she's already a vet

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
https://twitter.com/PWMusings/status/1413513354253983748?s=19

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Just from the stats, it looks like Syuri handed Utami her rear end.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's biased.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Huh, Natsuki Taiyo said that she trained with Naito, Shingo and BUSHI. They should bring her out of retirement into LIJ.

I think the link there is Animal Hamaguchi - Nanae also trained there but a few years earlier I believe.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

No thread for Don't Miss The Signs? It's on right now!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Bird and Cat

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Jerusalem posted:

No thread for Don't Miss The Signs? It's on right now!

I cant watch live so...

UP UP GIRLS

TRAIN OF THE DAY

CAT

BIRD

HELLO BIG CHILDREN

ITOH-CHAN

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haruna Neko after this match:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Daddy can you explain the birds and the bees to me? :kiddo:"
"Of course son. You see the bird is a rookie but developing well, and her cat friend beats the poo poo out of the bee. Arisu Endo is also there.... is any of this getting through to you?"

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Flying headscissors DDT should be Suzume's finisher, what the hell

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

C'mon Lil' Steiner!

kaosAG
Oct 14, 2005

The Taxman posted:

Flying headscissors DDT should be Suzume's finisher, what the hell

I mean, she does a pretty darned good cutter too.

Poor bird, suzume was just out of position for the flippydoo and she doesn't really know how to deal with that yet.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That was a fun title match.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I was expecting something a bit slower paced but they just got running and beat the crap out of each other. Rad!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

All these wrestlers coming out one after the other is a good reminder that holy poo poo TJPW has some great themes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That may have been the safest catch to an outside dive onto a bunch of wrestlers I've ever seen that ALSO still looked good.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Fun show! Really enjoyed the main and title match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, the main event was a blast and that post-match promo was very endearing :3:

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Doing all the absent wrestlers' poses was a very nice touch

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Tiny Steiner is almost as cool as Miyu. Almost.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

The Taxman posted:

Doing all the absent wrestlers' poses was a very nice touch

Did they say why these wrestlers were absent? In my delusion, I want to believe that they are on excursion to AEW at the moment .

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Did they say why these wrestlers were absent? In my delusion, I want to believe that they are on excursion to AEW at the moment .

Close contact with Pom

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Without context, your post appears as though Pom only has cooties!

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1412733721405362177?s=19

I hope everybody involved is ok

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Catching up with yesterdays TJPW show and MOKA :negative:

The company must be really high on Arai considering she's already doing more shows than they originally announced, or they just don't see much of a future for Moka higher up the card

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

SG Bamboo posted:

Catching up with yesterdays TJPW show and MOKA :negative:

The company must be really high on Arai considering she's already doing more shows than they originally announced, or they just don't see much of a future for Moka higher up the card

I really think there's still more to do re: the Endo feud.
I honestly was worried Moka was gonna win because I like the undercard "first singles win" rivalry quite a bit.
I've been expecting Arai to win since her first match, and I think her winning made some headlines. I presume they're heating her up for Maki, but who knows. (I didn't know that they fought over the Ironman Heavy Metal title in 2018!)

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

SG Bamboo posted:

Catching up with yesterdays TJPW show ...

The company must be really high on Arai considering she's already doing more shows than they originally announced

She's got name recognition from her work outside wrestling. In the past that's been part of some of TJPW's biggest draws - Mina Shirakawa and Reika Saiki - so I'm sure they want her on as many shows as they can. As a member of a 48 group, she's probably going into it with even more name recognition/outside drawing power than Shirakawa and Saiki had as gravure idols.

SG Bamboo posted:

or they just don't see much of a future for Moka higher up the card

I wouldn't worry too much about this just yet. Some newcomers are going to get faster ascents than others, but there were definitely points where this could have been said about Yuki Aino, Kamiyu, Raku (and that until fairly recently), etc. and they're all in pretty good positions now. TJPW has always done a pretty good job of elevating everyone over time and nobody's really felt like a career jobber unless it was clearly part of their whole character.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Johnny Landmine posted:

She's got name recognition from her work outside wrestling. In the past that's been part of some of TJPW's biggest draws - Mina Shirakawa and Reika Saiki - so I'm sure they want her on as many shows as they can. As a member of a 48 group, she's probably going into it with even more name recognition/outside drawing power than Shirakawa and Saiki had as gravure idols.

I wouldn't worry too much about this just yet. Some newcomers are going to get faster ascents than others, but there were definitely points where this could have been said about Yuki Aino, Kamiyu, Raku (and that until fairly recently), etc. and they're all in pretty good positions now. TJPW has always done a pretty good job of elevating everyone over time and nobody's really felt like a career jobber unless it was clearly part of their whole character.

I just want all my favourites to win all the time and suffer no setbacks,that's not too much to ask :colbert:

Also if it wasn't written in forkboy's schedule I would have had no idea the SEAd PPV today was at Korakuen. It's set up so differently to the mens promotions i've seen run it this year

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

So weird that SEAd are allowed to show AEW footage from the Japan tournament but have to show still images of Ryo in America.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

So weird that SEAd are allowed to show AEW footage from the Japan tournament but have to show still images of Ryo in America.

Maybe it's just what they have easy access to. The tournament was on youtube/filmed with a Japanese production crew after all.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

When I saw Funkist on the poster I wasn't expecting them to come out after the main event for an impromptu concert, but not complaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Great day of wrestling. Momono/Chihiro is probably my overall MOTY and the entire SEAd show owned. Looking forward to next month's main event a lot.