Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
The best "crafting Legndaries" strat is to go for RenoLock and work down from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Desert Bus posted:

And Knife Vendor Vs. Trueaim Crescent. 793 games in 51% winrate (poo poo gets tricky around Diamond 5 lol). I am DesertBus#1367 add me if you want to see it in action or play it before you build it.

### Face3.0
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Adorable Infestation
# 1x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Demon Companion
# 2x (1) Intrepid Initiate
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (1) Wound Prey
# 2x (2) Imprisoned Felmaw
# 2x (2) Kolkar Pack Runner
# 2x (2) Quick Shot
# 1x (2) Wriggling Horror
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 1x (4) Knife Vendor
# 2x (4) Piercing Shot
# 1x (4) Rinling's Rifle
# 2x (4) Warsong Wrangler
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 2x (5) Trampling Rhino
#
AAECAairBAa04QOP4wPK4wPl7wPn8AOqnwQMorkD3MwDos4DgtADudIDhuID3OoDn+wD8OwD2+0DqZ8Eu6AEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Added you and will try out this version of face hunter for my forelands quest!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

AnacondaHL posted:

If you are playing on a budget do not craft Rush Warrior. The deck takes like 6 to 10 legendaries, and at a moments notice can evaporate from the format.

At Core Set/Barrens launch in April the deck was complete garbage, despite being mostly the same cards, because the meta surrounding it. It took several waves of nerfs to other classes before the deck could be playable, and with the new set incoming this situation has a high risk of happening again.

This is very good to know, thanks!

Definitely don't want to invest in a deck that could just turn to poo poo overnight, and I can't in good conscience bring myself to play Priest, so I guess I'm going Face Hunter. I actually don't need to much more more to get it up and running - just gotta crack a few more packs because crafting commons and uncommons feels like a waste since I'll inevitably end up opening them right afterwards.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Already extremely bored of the ‘mini game that decides the whole game’ of ‘Who got Ysera Awakens off Naralex?’

If neither of you did, play Hearthstone.
If one of you did, that person wins off the clear, because your opponent either gets wiped or cedes the board holding back.
If both of you did, play Hearthstone.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Desert Bus posted:

I can not promise wins, I know it's not ideal, but this is SO MUCH FUN:
Quoting so I can find this later

It's kinda amazing how many times hunter has been bad in the wild meta. I don't know exactly why but I think hunter had very few decks that were relevant above T2. Like your lategame strats get gimped by the lack of board wipes and your aggro plan is not up to par with what other classes got offered over the years so you look at the mid-range and just get clowned on by the real aggro or control decks. Aggro mech hunter was good once and reno hunter also had a short window of power but iirc Dane was like the only one playing it seriously in high legend. Some form of spell hunter might also have been up there once but we're on a long dry-streak for wild hunters atm. Correct me here if my memory fails me.

I really enjoyed playing rattle-reno hunter for a long time in wild. Remember death stalker? Remember when that aoe and subsequent value was relevant enough and allowed you to stabilize? Or when you could beat odd pally with dreadscale or race secret mages? Those days are gone and we didn't really get new ways to keep up. I don't remember when but reno hunter took a real sharp dive at some point and my win-rate got too awful for me to keep playing the deck. These days the only decks I can get ladder-wins with for dailies are odd/even hunter and the latter is real gimped by trying to play tempo without a 1-drop :(

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 10, 2021

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Tin Tim posted:

Quoting so I can find this later

It's kinda amazing how many times hunter has been bad in the wild meta. I don't know exactly why but I think hunter had very few decks that were relevant above T2. Like your lategame strats get gimped by the lack of board wipes and your aggro plan is not up to par with what other classes got offered over the years so you look at the mid-range and just get clowned on by the real aggro or control decks. Aggro mech hunter was good once and reno hunter also had a short window of power but iirc Dane was like the only one playing it seriously in high legend. Some form of spell hunter might also have been up there once but we're on a long dry-streak for wild hunters atm. Correct me here if my memory fails me.

I really enjoyed playing rattle-reno hunter for a long time in wild. Remember death stalker? Remember when that aoe and subsequent value was relevant enough and allowed you to stabilize? Or when you could beat odd pally with dreadscale or race secret mages? Those days are gone and we didn't really get new ways to keep up. I don't remember when but reno hunter took a real sharp dive at some point and my win-rate got too awful for me to keep playing the deck. These days the only decks I can get ladder-wins with for dailies are odd/even hunter and the latter is real gimped by trying to play tempo without a 1-drop :(

I don't know that Hunter has ever been good in the Wild meta while I've been playing but this is a Diamond level brutal af deck. I judge decks by how fun they are and this one is super super fun.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Desert Bus posted:

I judge decks by how fun they are and this one is super super fun.
Same but for me part of the enjoyment is also not to lose constantly and when that point hits I retire beloved decks. I mean I've played a lot of discard-quest lock so my patience is high but still limited. Taking a quick peek at my deck pool and the "fun but terrible" department has

-Duel Paladin
-Mill Druid
-RenoRattle Shaman
-Renounce Lock
-Cutlass Thief Rogue
-Druid that plays old Yog

I also have a deck where I just troll people by making copies of cutter butter and play them over and over again which has never won a game so far :v:

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jul 10, 2021

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Last King posted:

you can literally see the activi$$$ion regression going on right here aka buy more packs! at least we gave you guys a cosmetic!

I think you are confused on how capitalism works. This isn't regression, it's GROWTH $.

Otoh as a F2P player, this past year is the first time I've been able to put together more than 1-2 standard decks.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

This is very good to know, thanks!

Definitely don't want to invest in a deck that could just turn to poo poo overnight, and I can't in good conscience bring myself to play Priest, so I guess I'm going Face Hunter. I actually don't need to much more more to get it up and running - just gotta crack a few more packs because crafting commons and uncommons feels like a waste since I'll inevitably end up opening them right afterwards.

There are plenty of substitutions you can make as well that'll work just fine to get you decent ranks every month. Like I don't have Trampling Rhinos but I do have a couple of Oasis Thrashers that serve a similar purpose for 800 less dust. Similarly only have one Warsong Wrangler and no Kolkars, but a Pack Kodo and two Venemous Scorpids fill in the gaps. I haven't tried to grind it up to Diamond yet but I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult since most of the core is there. Barak Kodobane definitely makes things easier but you can get to Gold without him.

Finish your dailies/weeklies and just plug gaps in Face Hunter to get what monthly rewards you can; I wouldn't sweat crafting anything, especially commons/uncommons

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
This win was nerve wracking. I was down to 2 with no cards in my deck, and the clowns were my last ditch effort to win. Priest dug for a shadow word ruin until he ran out of time and then conceded.
Clown druid is fun y’all.

One more win and I’m back to Diamond

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Desert Bus posted:

Someone here made this awhile ago and I have since modified it to my own tastes. It's a lot of fun.

### Rattle'n'roll2.0
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Freezing Trap
# 2x (2) Mad Scientist
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Pressure Plate
# 2x (3) Horde Operative
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 2x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Necromechanic
# 1x (4) Rinling's Rifle
# 1x (4) Spiritsinger Umbra
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAR8EycIC8ZYDj+MDqIoEDYAH9w2czQLw9QLylgO2nAOfpQP7rwOD4gPu8QOpnwTjnwTknwQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It's enjoyable to keep seeing this deck going. My current version is as follows:

### Rattle'n'roll
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 1x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Mad Scientist
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Pressure Plate
# 2x (2) Snipe
# 2x (3) Horde Operative
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 1x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Necromechanic
# 1x (4) Rinling's Rifle
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 1x (6) Sylvanas Windrunner
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAairBAiXCLkNycIC8ZYDtpwDj+MD5e8DqIoEC64GgAf3DZzNAvD1AvKWA5+lA/uvA4PiA+7xA+OfBAA=
#

Sylvanas wins you priest matchups (you haven't lived until you steal Blood of G'huun off of a big priest) and Kodobane is just So Good draw.

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jul 10, 2021

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Olpainless posted:

It's enjoyable to keep seeing this deck going. My current version is as follows:

### Rattle'n'roll
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 1x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Mad Scientist
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Pressure Plate
# 2x (2) Snipe
# 2x (3) Horde Operative
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 1x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Necromechanic
# 1x (4) Rinling's Rifle
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAairBAiXCLkNycIC8ZYDtpwDj+MD5e8DqIoEC64GgAf3DZzNAvD1AvKWA5+lA/uvA4PiA+7xA+OfBAA=
#

Sylvanas wins you priest matchups (you haven't lived until you steal Blood of G'huun off of a big priest) and Kodobane is just So Good draw.

I was playing around with it again the other day and bounced it off a guy in my friends list who spends their life in high-ranked Legendary Wild (it's insane to watch really good Wild, it's like a whole diff game). Thanks to him, this is my current version and it is both fun and brutal. Between the secrets, the Mechs, and the deathrattles you always have something going on:

### Rattle3.0
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Mad Scientist
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Pressure Plate
# 1x (3) Deathlord
# 1x (3) Horde Operative
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 2x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Necromechanic
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAZ3hAwa5Df4NoIAD8ZYD5e8D7vEDDIAH9w2czQLw9QLylgO2nAOfpQP7rwOkuQOD4gOpnwTjnwQA
#

EDIT: That was an older list oops, updated.

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jul 10, 2021

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Otoh as a F2P player, this past year is the first time I've been able to put together more than 1-2 standard decks.

Yeah I still wouldn't call it cheap to get a big collection together but it's a huge improvement over when I last played a few years ago. I'd imagine the duplicate protection helps out with that a lot.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:
Reno at least needs to announce his presence, similar to C'thun or even/odd

Like he swings into the deck to let me know, "don't waste your time, concede now"

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Logged in today, checked my daily goal, rerolled it, then logged out.

Very bored of this meta.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Baller Ina posted:

Reno Jackson needs to cost 8 mana, at LEAST. How the hell does any aggro deck win in Wild?!?

Aggro decks can dump an enormous amount of bullshit very quickly in Wild and are frequently too fast for Reno to even matter.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
plus there are plenty of games where you get blown out without even drawing him

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

A full heal on turn 6 isn't great when aggro has you dead by turn 4/5.

Even then I've seen aggro decks win after the Reno comes down, Wild aggro can chew through health at an insane rate these days.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jul 11, 2021

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I've been playing my Party Paladin gimmick deck for an entire month and I still don't have the achievement for getting 4 of the same adventurer.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

A full heal on turn 6 isn't great when aggro has you dead by turn 4/5.

Even then I've seen aggro decks win after the Reno comes down, Wild aggro can chew through health at an insane rate these days.

Yeah, I remember once getting a Reno mage down to a couple of HP by turn 5 as pirate warrior, they coined him out… and next turn, they were back down to a couple again because of shenanigans with cannon minions.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

Yeah, I remember once getting a Reno mage down to a couple of HP by turn 5 as pirate warrior, they coined him out… and next turn, they were back down to a couple again because of shenanigans with cannon minions.

Some good advice I've heard for dealing with Reno is enforcing a board state that means if your opponent is just playing a 6 mana 4/6, then you'll have enough tempo to capitalise on that and win regardless of the heal.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Whatever just happened here was hilarious, I love this deck (list below):

https://hsreplay.net/replay/wA7aurYEmvkVV8cBdvU5hV

### Rattle3.0
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Mad Scientist
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Pressure Plate
# 1x (3) Deathlord
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 1x (3) Petting Zoo
# 2x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Necromechanic
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAZ3hAwa5Df4NoIAD8ZYDhOID5e8DDIAH9w2czQLw9QLylgO2nAOfpQP7rwOkuQOD4gOpnwTjnwQA
#

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Desert Bus posted:

Whatever just happened here was hilarious, I love this deck (list below):

https://hsreplay.net/replay/wA7aurYEmvkVV8cBdvU5hV

### Rattle3.0
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Mad Scientist
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Pressure Plate
# 1x (3) Deathlord
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 1x (3) Petting Zoo
# 2x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Necromechanic
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAZ3hAwa5Df4NoIAD8ZYDhOID5e8DDIAH9w2czQLw9QLylgO2nAOfpQP7rwOkuQOD4gOpnwTjnwQA
#

Lol I love watching Priests hysteria themselves to death.

Good game btw. I had some really good draws with disco lock

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Lol I love watching Priests hysteria themselves to death.

Good game btw. I had some really good draws with disco lock

Are you Murphy#1134 lol (GG if so)? Also:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/n4gfshJnzT3U7LbwJgCuWX

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
dredging up two posts about duels from pages ago

Blooming Brilliant posted:

[pretty sick that you don't have to collect a heap of cards to play it, too.]

Yeah this as well when it comes to Duels.
I disagree. I've really gotten into duels but the meta decklists often call for wild cards (which I mostly dusted because I had no interest in wild decks) or cards that otherwise don't see play. Like, am I really willing to craft Open the Waygate just for duels?

Yestermoment posted:

I'm already tired of seeing this one.

But what I'm really tired of, and have been for a long time, is discs of legend. It's especially egregious now with entire decks being built off getting the treasure. As far as I see it, it's a bullshit treasure should never have stayed in the rotation a la original band of bees.
All-legendary disks of legend decks are zombie deck lists. For a while passives were "intelligently" offered based on your deck, which led to the all-legendary decks being almost guaranteed to get disks and being broken as gently caress. This was bad! The way it now seems to work is if you have even just one card that synergizes with a passive you can potentially get those passives but having more cards doesn't weight them. For example, let's say you were running this warrior almost-all-legend deck. After round 3 you would have equal odds of getting 18 of the tier 2 passive treasures (everything but the shadow/fel/nature spell passives) + a 1% chance of one of the ultrarare passives, so you only have about an 17% chance of hitting disks. Sure, it's sweet when you get it, but you usually don't.

This has also added an interesting deck building & drafting aspect. For example if you don't want taunt passives then you don't want to put any taunts in your starting deck or pick any pools with taunts until after round 3.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Gobbeldygook posted:

I disagree. I've really gotten into duels but the meta decklists often call for wild cards (which I mostly dusted because I had no interest in wild decks) or cards that otherwise don't see play. Like, am I really willing to craft Open the Waygate just for duels?

That's exactly what I meant. I was quoting a post talking about BGS, and was being negative in my original post that Duels was a mode that required an unreasonable amount of investment for paid play (especially when the other paid play mode, Arena, doesn't require you to have any cards in your collection). Reading back though I didn't make it very clear, sorry for any confusion.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 11, 2021

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I love when I play casual to knock out a random quest so I pick a fun deck and then it is only face hunters who need three hours to make every single play.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Whoever designed the priest class should be tried at the loving Hague

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So we're really getting another week of no card reveals huh? I thought Blizz stopped doing this.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

RatHat posted:

So we're really getting another week of no card reveals huh? I thought Blizz stopped doing this.

HS Dev Team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyigqZpgPbA&t=12s

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Maybe doesn't mean much this early in the season, but this is the first time I've managed triple digits. Against a priest no less!

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Devo posted:

Maybe doesn't mean much this early in the season, but this is the first time I've managed triple digits. Against a priest no less!

nice! always good to see progress, esp. against the worst class in this game.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I haven't gotten to play hearthstone in a few days lets check out. I'll just play some elemental shaman for a few quick games.

Game 1 celestial druid kills the turn after celestial.

Game 2 hunter kills by turn 6 even when I had a perfect curve including the taunt elemental followed by lily pad.

Game 3 another shaman but I got bunch 1 drop elementals and 2 arid stormers in hand with the coin. Still managed to get out paced...

Whelp I'm done for the day.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Yep, thats me!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Forcing me to play 10 shaman games for this stupid quest, UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHH

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

HHHHHHH

it could be worse... they could've made you play priest ten times instead!

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

HHHHHHH
play them in brawl, fill your deck with cheap 1-health minions and direct damage and race to die first

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Play them against a friend who insta concedes for the quickest way.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
How long do we have to actually suffer Priest like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Oh gently caress off. You can't concede when under 10 HP past turn 10 and still get quest credit.