Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

every time i see her i just laugh

that vacant stare, not knowing about pants. dogs are stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

this

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
finally remembered I needed to check for a new season thread

gonna check out
Biohazard: Infinite Darkness
Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai!
Maid Dragon S
Night Head 2041

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Nate RFB posted:

Pretty much

This actually doesn't seem too bad. I kinda have grown to lose interest in harem shows mainly because I've been kinda uncomfortable with how it toys with the emotions of the cast members. However this actually seems like everyone knows what they're getting into!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Raenir Salazar posted:

This actually doesn't seem too bad. I kinda have grown to lose interest in harem shows mainly because I've been kinda uncomfortable with how it toys with the emotions of the cast members. However this actually seems like everyone knows what they're getting into!

If you're going to read a harem manga, it might as well be one where it's completely bat-poo poo insane.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

D_cide commits the classic "flashbacks from within the same episode" crime, but other than that was a pretty fun and flashy premiere. you can feel the Persona lineage (even though that's not much of a selling point), it has some great nouns like Weird and Knocker-up, cute dogs, and as long as the execution keeps up i think Sanzigen's CG gives it a solid place against the other action stuff this season.

also a strange OP choice, but i like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bsk-cKU_to4

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
I got around to watching Getter Robo Arc. I think someone up-thread said it felt like a budget early-2000's Shonen anime and that's pretty accurate. I probably shouldn't be watching the thrilling final arc of the Getter Robo saga and getting nostalgic for Gundoh Musashi, but I had fun with it.

Looking forward to tomorrow's episode.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Zetsubou-san posted:

finally remembered I needed to check for a new season thread

gonna check out
Biohazard: Infinite Darkness

i generally enjyoed the previous resident evil cgi flicks but i thought this one was really disappointing. the story is a mess, the final fight is lame, claire might as well not have been in the movie and they manage to make leon both unfunny and unsympathetic

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

do you think wolves wearing bloomers are an interesting aesthetic squark

I don't care for furries

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

dogsicle posted:

every time i see her i just laugh

that vacant stare, not knowing about pants. dogs are stupid

What is this, and is it good?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

cheat slow life pharmacy, some stupidly longer version of a title like that

the premiere was obviously not a great intro to the series (skipped all the isekai'ing parts but obliquely references them) but the wolf is funny to me, and it had some nice little bits of character animation

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I enjoyed it but not everybody agrees with me. Characters were cute, even the knife wielding lady and it had a laid back vibe I appreciated.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

dogsicle posted:

cheat slow life pharmacy, some stupidly longer version of a title like that

Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore

What is it with anime that have ridiculously long titles?

quote:

the premiere was obviously not a great intro to the series (skipped all the isekai'ing parts but obliquely references them) but the wolf is funny to me, and it had some nice little bits of character animation

I'm kinda glad they skipped a lot of the setup to give folks an idea of what the bulk of the show will be like. I imagine they'll come back to how things started eventually.

It's not going to win any awards, but it's a very nice series that will be a good light anime with all the impact of an empty creampuff. And Noela is an adorable little wolf girl in boots and bloomers.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Doodles posted:

Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore

What is it with anime that have ridiculously long titles?

they are adaptations of light novels that have long descriptive titles because it is the easiest way to bring in readers who are going to be grabbed most immediately by the thing that gives them the clearest idea of what the book is about

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Another reason is that the biggest web novel (which most light novels start as) site doesn't have a description field when you look at listings. You have to click into them to see any info on what they are.

Long titles that describe the contents exactly thus have become the defacto description field here.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I really like the Realist Hero manga, the art style does a lot for it and it's just the right amount of isekai to be entertaining without being overly obnoxious, though I say that as a person who eats this genre like popcorn

So having said that, WOW this is a rough adaptation and I do not have a lot of hopes for it.

Joshlemagne posted:

Double Edit: Now that you bring it up the whole powerful dukes with their own armies makes the whole king abdicating to a rando foreigner that's been in the kingdom all of 30 seconds even more stupid and absurd than it already was. Why the gently caress would they ever go along with that?

We won't find out this season, it's a deep level LN spoiler. Though they did drop a hint as to why.

Davincie posted:

DVD/BD sales
Kakegurui 914枚
Isekai smartphone 1324枚
Isekai Shokudou 1534枚
SAO 45372枚
Kenja no mago 890枚
Tensura 6101枚
Overlord 13401枚
Rezero 12816枚
Konosuba 13603枚
Tanya 7169枚

The fact that Isekai Smartphone outsold Kakegurui is a loving crime.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

watched the first episode of the detective anime. it started interesting, got weird (still interesting), and then promptly went to run of the mill anime trope showcase.
this is one of the very rare cases where a first episode being double length was a bad thing. i'll probably finish the episode later on to see if the hook's good, at least.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Smartphone is comfort food. But Kakegurui isn't something you just plop on because. Or in mixed company.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why would the author of kakegurui care about blu-ray sales, he doesnt make any money off them

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

Smartphone is comfort food. But Kakegurui isn't something you just plop on because. Or in mixed company.

I hated smartphone, it was so boring.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Davincie posted:

i generally enjyoed the previous resident evil cgi flicks but i thought this one was really disappointing. the story is a mess, the final fight is lame, claire might as well not have been in the movie and they manage to make leon both unfunny and unsympathetic

watched it today and this is accurate

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Kakegurei was kinda not enough like Akagi/Kaiji for my tastes. It was the closest thing to scratch the itch I guess so its better than not having it, not enough mahjong basically.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Raenir Salazar posted:

Kakegurei was kinda not enough like Akagi/Kaiji for my tastes. It was the closest thing to scratch the itch I guess so its better than not having it, not enough mahjong basically.

Watch One Outs/ read Usogui.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Julias posted:

Watch One Outs/ read Usogui.

Yup yup, one of the few times in my life I got really into baseball by the end of watching the series! :D I'll take a look at Usogui.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Usogui is real good and thankfully all translated now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Need more anime about hanafuda (that aren't the climax to Summer Wars)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

In great anime watching decisions I decided to watch the Detective is dead episode 2 before the New Japan card...and let's say it was worse than the first. Nothing like a show telling you that cool stuff happened in the past and not showing it!

Though I'm not sure if the twist that the new Girl got feelings for our lead cause she got Siesta's heart in a transplant might not be the best unintentionally funny scene this season!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The potential hook in Remake Our Life that the protagonist might unintentionally plagiarize or influence his idols' work because of future knowledge is interesting, and I'm curious to see if it goes anywhere with it, though I doubt it will do any time loop stuff.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'm strongly getting the feeling that in that series the character Chief would have been the original 4th roommate and may even have been one of the Platinum Gen creators or something .

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Though I'm not sure if the twist that the new Girl got feelings for our lead cause she got Siesta's heart in a transplant might not be the best unintentionally funny scene this season!

For an anime featuring a late super detective, it sure has a twist that pretty much anyone with a braincell can easily guess.

Also Nagisa sure is a likeable character and a good replacement for the deceased detective. What's with her first scene being her aggressively demanding the male lead to solve her case by hoisting him up and jamming her fingers into his mouth.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
probably the author's fetish

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

FilthyImp posted:

I'm strongly getting the feeling that in that series the character Chief would have been the original 4th roommate and may even have been one of the Platinum Gen creators or something .

I don't think this follows? The Chief being platinum gen might make sense but then why did her project with, presumably, her really close friends fall through? Also it would be pretty amazing if that secret hadn't got out in the office?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Natural 20 posted:

I don't think this follows? The Chief being platinum gen might make sense but then why did her project with, presumably, her really close friends fall through? Also it would be pretty amazing if that secret hadn't got out in the office?

I think That she wasnt part of that gen in the original timeline. But through the main guy knowing her from the future he will bring her into the fold in the past along with him. Also I'm sure its fairly obvious, but the chief is totally the daughter of their teacher. They made sure to briefly show a picture of the 2 of them in her office but also made sure to have to move to block it right away.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The new love live had a really good debut. The protag is very different from Chika or Honoka and it only has five MCs so it won't at all fall into the trap Nijigasaki did. The initial hook is also a lot more interesting since Kanon has an actual conflict to build on rather than just liking school idols. Her and Keke slip into a really natural dynamic too. And obviously the production quality was really high.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Josee, the Tiger and the Fish was quite good! Everyone who is able to (safely) see it at their local theater is required by law to go out and watch it. I don't make the rules, that's just how it is.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Getter has an energy anime hasn't had since...the last time they made a Getter anime! Warts and all, I'm in.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Your Everyday NEET posted:

For an anime featuring a late super detective, it sure has a twist that pretty much anyone with a braincell can easily guess.
Cosigned.

Seirei Gensouki is generic as all hell, but oddly enough the breakneck pace is enough to keep me entertained. I think a good summary of this season is "predictable isn't necessarily bad".
(I also ended up liking Redo of Healer for mostly the wrong reasons so my opinion is probably not worth merit)

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 13, 2021

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Srice posted:

Josee, the Tiger and the Fish was quite good! Everyone who is able to (safely) see it at their local theater is required by law to go out and watch it. I don't make the rules, that's just how it is.

I highly agree with this post. I throughly enjoyed the movie. It won’t do anything surprising from a plot standpoint but the leads were incredibly entertaining and it is an interesting peak at how Japanese society is kinda lovely about people with exceptionalities. It doesn’t go in depth into things, but you see glimpses here and there.

If you love romantic drama movies Josee is a solid watch and I’d highly recommend anyone check it out if they can.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
MDZS Season 3 starts August 7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKHuEvJZ2tc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Season 2 of this was such a slog but I don't remember anything about what happened at this point to watch a season 3...