Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Guess they broke the thing that stops you getting the same loving gun over and over when lich cycling. I've gotten the Seer three times in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Recommend some good helminth skill swaps for a bunch of warframes besides just roar on high str/duration frames.

Gloom on everything. One of the most broken skills in the game. Slows every enemy to a halt so you're never attacked, and grants a lifesteal on everything in range.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Gloom also costs a lot of energy even with max efficiency and a lot frames can't sustain it. Plus, being a channel, you have to deal with the annoyance of not being able to use Energizing Dash and needing to find some other energy source.
Hitting its slow cap of 95% requires 272% strength which generally means Blind Rage. Specific frames like Hildryn and Garuda can still keep the energy costs up forever like that, and you might be able to do it with Arcane Energize plus some orb-generating setup. (Although of course you can use it without hitting the cap).

Protea's passive (+100% strength on the next ability cast) lets her hit the cap without blind rage, so she can use it pretty effectively too.

Hildryn's Pillage is another good skill to shove on anything with decent str + range/duration. Restore your shield gate, get tons of overshield, and strip enemy shield/armor all with one button!

Entangle is another one for its ability to group up enemies + damage amp, but you'll mostly just see it in Steel Path since it works kinda slowly and you can probably kill starchart enemies faster than it does its job.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jul 10, 2021

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Guess they broke the thing that stops you getting the same loving gun over and over when lich cycling. I've gotten the Seer three times in a row.

they broke basically everything about liches

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Echophonic posted:

yeah, everytime I get a gun the next sister is always an Envoy.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

endlessmonotony posted:

PC clan started its ascension ceremony.

You have under three days to interact with the console next to the trading post to claim your free endo.

holy poo poo I got 11k endo, thanks!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
now I just need like 90k more to max out all these 10-rank galvanized mods

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Recommend some good helminth skill swaps for a bunch of warframes besides just roar on high str/duration frames.

I love Blood Altar, but then, I can't be bothered grinding healing arcanes. So if you have max rank magus stuff, the healing art-deco spike isn't as handy.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Conversely, as someone mentioned earlier, putting Wisp's Breach Surge on Garuda is a nonstop head seeking bloodfest.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I like Mark for Death on Banshee and Ash :shobon:

Another one I use is Empower on Xaku for stationary missions like defense/mobile defense/survival. Makes it easy to get 100% armor removal on gaze to help in public games with people who don't have any armor removal.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Echophonic posted:

That was patched out after the weapon preview was added.

I can't get the new weapons to spawn and its driving me crazy.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I've mentioned it before but spectrorage/spectrosiphon on vauban is awesome. Max radius blackhole+AoE gun means infinite energy for everyone.

Infested mobility to replace Limbo's 3 makes mobile defense/excavator missions a snap.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

At least the multishot galvanized mods are working as intended. Lots and lots of multishot. So much. My new plasmor is throwing like four or five fireballs of rad goodness at a time.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

hazardousmouse posted:

Knocking down a lich three times to make it go away doesn't level it up.

And I used an oull last night cause I tried for a half hour to get a fass rune and couldn't get it to drop all gently caress it. Wild card it is.

So the good news is kuva runes are tradable! Just like, throw 5-10p at warframe market

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Mod survey results. I think rivens are good, but need reworking. https://i.redd.it/h00k6502s7a71.png

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I have never once in the past been a player who says 'you can't nerf the thing I like because I spent resources on it' but I'd be genuinely quite annoyed if all my +300% damage +100% element riven mods for bad guns got removed. Don't do it, DE! I have no idea if there is actually a plan for that kind of revision or it is all just popular groupthink.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Captainicus posted:

I have never once in the past been a player who says 'you can't nerf the thing I like because I spent resources on it' but I'd be genuinely quite annoyed if all my +300% damage +100% element riven mods for bad guns got removed. Don't do it, DE! I have no idea if there is actually a plan for that kind of revision or it is all just popular groupthink.

I don't think anyone is cheering for "Make bad guns always bad!" here. It's more that the problem rivens are meant to solve shouldn't require rivens just like frame problems shouldn't require a mod slot to fix. I assume that the bulk of people voting to nix rivens are voting to buff the drat guns themselves instead of dancing around the issue with a reward structure that is only useful if you want to use bad guns.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Isn't one reason for rivens to exist that DE want players to use all of their content where weapons are considered content. So rivens are balanced by relative popularity of weapon, not relative strength of weapon, an attempt to motivate people to use more content and stick around longer.

The reaction to "no one likes this weapon" being "here is a heavily RNG dependent way to make it very powerful" is a failed experiment, imo. That's even ignoring what having extremely powerful mods being only available via extreme repetition over very unlikely RNG rolls would do to the game in terms of economy, trade chat, and giving folks a reason to scam unaware players.

Which is also why they're highly unlikely to touch rivens in any substantive fashion, too much toil has been put into them. They seemed to be diluting their value through making Kuva easy to get instead, last I was playing.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm always excited to try out obscure weapons when I find rivens for them. Often the problem is that they still suck even with the riven.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Spectrorage/siphon on vauban(augment), replacing space lazer
Mind control on speed nova for defense missions, replacing wormhole
Energized munitions on gauss replacing the aoe power?
Xaku's power on Mesa, replacing 1. )Its an untyped long lasting damage buff that's neutral vs everything)

I'm sure there's other stuff but i can't think of it right now

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

v1ld posted:

Isn't one reason for rivens to exist that DE want players to use all of their content where weapons are considered content. So rivens are balanced by relative popularity of weapon, not relative strength of weapon, an attempt to motivate people to use more content and stick around longer.

The reaction to "no one likes this weapon" being "here is a heavily RNG dependent way to make it very powerful" is a failed experiment, imo. That's even ignoring what having extremely powerful mods being only available via extreme repetition over very unlikely RNG rolls would do to the game in terms of economy, trade chat, and giving folks a reason to scam unaware players.

Which is also why they're highly unlikely to touch rivens in any substantive fashion, too much toil has been put into them. They seemed to be diluting their value through making Kuva easy to get instead, last I was playing.

Also the big problem that a weapon's base stats heavily affect how useful a riven can even be for it.
A pure-damage gun with terrible crit and status is just not going to benefit enough from a riven to compete with meta weapons even with 5-star disposition.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
My first Sister has the Tenet Cycron. Any opinions on that?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I'm kind of okay with the idea of rivens but you're both right.

What would a riven have to do to a Latron to make it worth using? Give it infinite enemy punch through and make every hit explode on top of a crazy roll like +stupid base damage, flat crit % and damage, and dummy status chance, and some qol like way fire rate, mag size, reload speed, some mix of all of those? Rivens are incapable of rolling all of that at once and those first two modifiers simply don't exist. They could retool rivens to have the possibility of unique modifiers per weapon but then they would become too broken and meta and counter act the basic idea of trying to make unpopular weapons usable by making something like the skana meta, not to mention the amount of dev time this would take.

Also, granted it's only a poll of ~800 people, that reddit poll already showed people don't use things like peculiar mods or other funny gimmicks because this is a game all about absolutely deleting entire rooms and hallways full of mans with as few clicks as possible. I'm a fan of playing around with wonky and different playstyles but that doesn't mean the majority of people are going to do that when they can Mesa/Saryn/Mirage down half a town in four seconds.

I don't want to sound like I'm hating on the game though. This recent update was really good, I just don't really know what they could do with rivens to meet their intended purpose.

E:

skaianDestiny posted:

It's surprisingly effective against, uh, most things really. A fine first choice.

Also, as usual, Helter was entirely right about tossing the Flux Rifle's augment on the Tenet Flux rifle. 220+ status chance shreds everything. You could probably lower that a tad for more slash or elemental damage, or either crit, and it'd still shred.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 10, 2021

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'm always excited to try out obscure weapons when I find rivens for them. Often the problem is that they still suck even with the riven.

The big problem with Rivens is that it's hard for the average player to eyeball one. Just look at it and say "Yes, these stats will go well in this gun." The Helminth boost stuff seems amazing by comparison. "Here's some wild buffs for a couple random frames, try them out!"

It would be cooler if the rivens were curated to play toward a specific weapons strength and then you spent Kuva to re-roll them once a week if you wanted to try out a new gun.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

FunkyFjord posted:

I don't want to sound like I'm hating on the game though. This recent update was really good, I just don't really know what they could do with rivens to meet their intended purpose.

It's the approach that RNG to bump up the power curve will fix a weapon's shortcomings that's most of the problem. They need to make those guns actually interesting to play at some level - your Latron example was a good one.

This is a good suggestion:

Spanish Matlock posted:

It would be cooler if the rivens were curated to play toward a specific weapons strength and then you spent Kuva to re-roll them once a week if you wanted to try out a new gun.

I would also like to quote the infinitely wise and missed kxZyle when I was doing left/right? on a Convectrix riven in the discord:

quote:

[7:14 PM] kxZyle (he/him): why on earth are you rolling a convectrix riven
[7:15 PM] Tuxedo Catfish: i'd go left, but the real answer is a) what zyle said and b) if you have a good answer, keep rolling
[7:15 PM] kxZyle (he/him): and yeah left is good
[7:15 PM] v1ld: that was a question i didn't want to answer, zyle - but i saw Efficient Beams and thought it may be a fun gimmick
[7:15 PM] kxZyle (he/him): have you actually tried using the gun? if not i'd stop rolling rn

And yes, the Convectrix was no fun and that was a waste of Kuva - Efficient Beams didn't improve the gun feel. The gun needs actual tweaks to its feel.

I read the Convectrix was very strong in SP after a subsequent patch, but it's still the Convectrix unless they changed something about its mechanics.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

skaianDestiny posted:

It's a worse Kuva Nukor.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

And Tyler Too! posted:

It's a worse Kuva Nukor.

Lmao well poo poo, my last Lich before the sister had a nukor

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Went ahead to grab a first sister, and it's a 37% toxic Tenet Envoy.

I'm floored by how fast it went for the murmurs/requiem. It takes more time to get her to spawn now than it took to get the song...

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jul 10, 2021

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I got the kuva hek. The four barrel dump won’t fire if one of the barrels is empty. It should just dump whatever is available.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Sister down, and she dropped the Lucretia Ephemera too, yay. Fair fucks to DE, that's a serious streamlining of the process, and the 4-sister Railjack mission feels proper epic.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

v1ld posted:

I read the Convectrix was very strong in SP after a subsequent patch, but it's still the Convectrix unless they changed something about its mechanics.

Shortly after the shotgun status rework in 2020 they changed how multishot works on beam shotguns. It used to be a straight damage multiplier. The change made it so beam multishot also increases status applications, similar to how more pellets leads to more status on standard shotguns. It turned Convectrix into a solid A- and Phantasma and Phage into heat proc-ing monsters.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Ran kuva larva for about an hour for the new guns. Got all three in the last 6 runs. 2 back to back. RNG is a bitch.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

gnoma posted:

It turned Convectrix into a solid A- and Phantasma and Phage into heat proc-ing monsters.

Phantasma was already super strong, that's kinda crazy to imagine, whew. One of my favorite guns. The reload sound is cool - and frequent!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

v1ld posted:

Phantasma was already super strong, that's kinda crazy to imagine, whew. One of my favorite guns. The reload sound is cool - and frequent!

If only the seeker missiles tracked better.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Mailer posted:

I don't think anyone is cheering for "Make bad guns always bad!" here. It's more that the problem rivens are meant to solve shouldn't require rivens just like frame problems shouldn't require a mod slot to fix. I assume that the bulk of people voting to nix rivens are voting to buff the drat guns themselves instead of dancing around the issue with a reward structure that is only useful if you want to use bad guns.

Fair. I doubt that kind of balance would ever happen but I'd be pleasantly surprised if it did.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

So here's a weird one: My new hound is frequently blocking my shots. Like it won't even be directly in front of me, and my arrows just kinda lodge themselves into it, and chakkhurr shots kinda rotate around it rapidly before disappearing.

Wonder what the hell that's about.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

So here's a weird one: My new hound is frequently blocking my shots. Like it won't even be directly in front of me, and my arrows just kinda lodge themselves into it, and chakkhurr shots kinda rotate around it rapidly before disappearing.

Wonder what the hell that's about.

I noticed the same thing. It might be the ability that lets them steal the aura of an Eximus enemy, since it often creates a bubble.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
One of the new precepts, Reflex Denial, creates a shield that absorbs incoming shots (including friendly fire) and pulses out the damage in an AoE. Check if the hound has that equipped.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I take it the panzer vulpaphyla is in no danger of being dethroned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i love the robohound skill where it shits out a ricocheting ball of plasma because that thing just starts banking around corners and blowing up people even in lich/sister nodes