Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Goddamn she hosed her face up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I am still not on board with WMMA. Trash me all you want, but Invicta was perfect: those who want to watch WMMA can go watch it there.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Good lord

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I swear Cormier and Rogan make each other worse. I think they were wrong about almost everything they said in that fight lol

hrollins
May 20, 2003
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter

Missing weight is still the best base for WMMA

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Oh poo poo boys. I've consulted the annals of UFC lore. When there's a good WMMA fight that ends early it bodes well for the rest of the card.

Clown fight... Check
blood... check
wmma ending mercifully quickly... check

All we need is a trashweight knockout and the final two fights will be perfectenshlag.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

leftist heap posted:

I swear Cormier and Rogan make each other worse. I think they were wrong about almost everything they said in that fight lol

They're dog-poo poo.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

i can still taste him posted:

I am still not on board with WMMA. Trash me all you want, but Invicta was perfect: those who want to watch WMMA can go watch it there.

What if they're on steroids

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
good card so far

hrollins
May 20, 2003

Andy Dufresne posted:

They're all on steroids /diaz

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Andy Dufresne posted:

Gabi Garcia vs Cyborg Santos, one match on every card. I am ok with this.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

That was some wonderful violence - those ground strikes sounded like 1950's drive-in movie foley, fuckin baseball bat against a chuck roast kinda foley

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

WMMA got a considerable pass for being boring during the dark ages where Tyron Woodley was headlining every third card and now it's actually quite good.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I'd rather watch Nunes and Thug Rose over here thanks.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Wut? I mean yeah there are some poo poo women fights sometimes but there are also a lot of really loving great ones and they've secured their place in a sport that very few expected success in when they first started fighting.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

leftist heap posted:

I'm not watching the fights but yeah, they seem to bring out the worst in each other when they're both commentating, DC is otherwise usually pretty good imo

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i really hope the fat wife beater loses but tai sux

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies
trashweight here we gooooo

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

henkman posted:

good card so far

Well the next fight is a Greg Hardy fight so you might be in for a surprise

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

crepeface posted:

i really hope the fat wife beater loses but tai sux

They can't all lose.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

I sometimes feel bad watching fights at BWW because I can't hear poo poo, but then I wonder if that's the better way to watch

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
gently caress Greg Hardy

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

D-Pad posted:

Wut? I mean yeah there are some poo poo women fights sometimes but there are also a lot of really loving great ones and they've secured their place in a sport that very few expected success in when they first started fighting.

There's exactly 4 good WMMA fighters. Thug Rose, Joanna , Wei Ling and Nunes. Everyone else is a chance to make food.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

Checking in from Dallas, gently caress Greg Hardy

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Miching Mallecho posted:

gently caress Greg Hardy

yeah tai needs to do the world a solid here and then drink beer from a shoe

hrollins
May 20, 2003

Andy Dufresne posted:

I sometimes feel bad watching fights at BWW because I can't hear poo poo, but then I wonder if that's the better way to watch

I miss calling fights with my friends at Twin Peaks, to be honest. I feel like we did a better job than Joe and DC, but like said above that's a real low bar.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

BlindSite posted:

There's exactly 4 good WMMA fighters. Thug Rose, Joanna , Wei Ling and Nunes. Everyone else is a chance to make food.

Valentina?

Joanna is good, too.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Tai Tuivasa annoys me a little bit, if the dude would download myfitnesspal and not eat poo poo every day all day and jog like 4 times a week - like any loving lightweight he'd probably earn a title shot inside a year.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Complaining about WMMA when strawweight is easily one of the best divisions in the UFC is wild

Fringe unranked flyweights plodding to 29-28s forever, ok you got a point there

Dirk Digglet
Aug 17, 2009

When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline
Rooting for Mark Hunts son, gently caress hardy

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress THE GREG HARDY

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Tai Tuivasa annoys me a little bit, if the dude would download myfitnesspal and not eat poo poo every day all day and jog like 4 times a week - like any loving lightweight he'd probably earn a title shot inside a year.

But then he'd be a LHW

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Valentina?

Joanna is good, too.

5 I guess, she will always get a pass for the weird videos that come up when she comes home to like a weird parade.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If WMMA wasn't in UFC then many of us wouldn't know about Angie Hill, and that's a bullshit universe nobody wants to live in.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Andy Dufresne posted:

You should DoorDash some Wingstop there.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

Andy Dufresne posted:

But then he'd be a LHW

Scratch that, middleweight

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Andy Dufresne posted:

But then he'd be a LHW

Well I dunno man, I been drinking since 10am, like do some deadlifts or whatever. Just stop being a sloppy gassy gently caress.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BlindSite posted:

5 I guess, she will always get a pass for the weird videos that come up when she comes home to like a weird parade.

Kyrgyzstan Honors Its Heroes

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Who on earth are these people hyped up for a Greg Hardy fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Well I dunno man, I been drinking since 10am, like do some deadlifts or whatever. Just stop being a sloppy gassy gently caress.

I get it. I compete in a sport that is all about doing cardio so we can drink more