Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

haakman
May 5, 2011

Ravel posted:

I'm Indian south African, and am very affectionate towards the country. I think white expats are much more likely to have negative perceptions of the direction the country has taken since apartheid.

Anecdotal but yeah agreed - my boss's family 'fled' when the ANC took over and boy oh boy does she have some choice opinions...

Flies the Union Flag outside their house all year round...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Ravel posted:

I'm Indian south African, and am very affectionate towards the country. I think white expats are much more likely to have negative perceptions of the direction the country has taken since apartheid.

You are very right. I used to deal with a delightful dirl, everyday, to the point she named her son for me. it didn't change me telling her all calls are recorded and yes, I knew you were off but don't say tge n word hosed up tge deal. it's long story.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
i'm torn between rooting for everyone on all teams to have a happy fluffy good time at the football, or for rooting for both teams to lose somehow and pain and suffering to reign eternal. these are my only options i can lend my support to

also that art place are top-level trolls in a good way, see this video on the battle of SHARKS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8xhdL8BPvU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

As i'm not enamoured to listening about it for the next few decades (see 1966 & all that) i hope that Italy shafts England big time tonight. :colbert:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Yes, I hope they get smashed, sorry lads, I never had a choice

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I think we can agree that It's best for all if England lose tonight, preferably by a completely humilating scoreline.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

england are going to win powerfully and the smiling ghost of captain tom will appear and bless us everyone

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
i hope the england team do really well until the precise moment someone tells them Boris Johnson has sent them a message wishing them well, at which point they all get ten times worse at football from the psychic damage and italy score 10 goals in 40 seconds

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

TBH I don’t care who wins it’d just be nice if armies of hooligans don’t destroy the city centres or attack random Italians

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TACD posted:

TBH I don’t care who wins it’d just be nice if armies of hooligans don’t destroy the city centres or attack random Italians

That entirely hypothetical scenario would be nice

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
England win, papers go mental, Three Lions gets played on loop for 6 months, nationalism goes through the roof, huge spike in racist incidents, the pandemic is put on hold in the media despite spiralling Delta variant infections, Johnson somehow manages to take credit for the squad's victory, the words "Pride", "Passion", "Glory" and other clichés surround you and the smell of Carling burps fills the streets.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Forza Italia, vaffanculo Inghilterra

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Gonna spend the day watching Fellini films to get myself hyped.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Going to spend the day playing Football Manager. Not for any real reason other than I have gotten re-addicted to it over the last week after finding my Nairn County save from a year ago.

I think FM20 is the only free game from Epic I've put any time into.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

frytechnician posted:

England win, papers go mental, Three Lions gets played on loop for 6 months, nationalism goes through the roof, huge spike in racist incidents, the pandemic is put on hold in the media despite spiralling Delta variant infections, Johnson somehow manages to take credit for the squad's victory, the words "Pride", "Passion", "Glory" and other clichés surround you and the smell of Carling burps fills the streets.

When I was in the supermarket on Wednesday the only crates of lager left were Carling, Budweiser and Heineken, demonstrating that it is in fact possible to create a lager so bland not even England fans will drink it.

(I went somewhere else and bought a load of Budvar which is an excellent lager for the discerning middle class drunkard)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I mean..its not even the actual World Cup. Idgi

TwoShanks
Feb 27, 2007

Robots of the world unite

OwlFancier posted:

Weird question but I can't think who else to ask.

Does anyone here know a decent place to get work trousers? I spend a bloody fortune on replacing mine because they all wear out in the gusset cos I'm a great big thunder thighs and I also need to be crawling around a lot at work. They all go in the same place and I'm wondering if there is like, a proper make or design that is more hard wearing?

Hell even ones that have a proper gusset would be nice rather than the single seam down the middle of the crotch.

Dunlop Safety trousers are pretty good, and cost about £25 for a pair

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/NewsForAllUK/status/1414173027991003136?s=19

Lol

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

frytechnician posted:

Worth it

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

If the scores are level at full time, they should be forced to keep playing until one team scores two goals in a row, like that Isner-Mahut tennis match :colbert:

This is my football opinion

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

that guys hands are way too shaky to be entrusted with the laser pen

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

I know you, and I choose to believe this is what the kids call 'bantz'

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Bobstar posted:

If the scores are level at full time, they should be forced to keep playing until one team scores two goals in a row, like that Isner-Mahut tennis match :colbert:

Rocket League rules where the game continues until the ball touches the ground

and also you can explode other players by running into them real fast

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
It would be interesting to see the road traffic accident figures for tomorrow morning, expecting a lot of people to be driving into work while hungover or still pissed. The police could probably fill their conviction quota for the month just by pulling over and breathalysing random cars between 7am and 9am.

Edit: I usually buy Siteking trousers. They're not the best, but they're cheap enough that I'm not going to lose any sleep about replacing a pair once they're too burned or paint-spattered to be half respectable anymore.

Soylent Yellow fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jul 11, 2021

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

frytechnician posted:

As a hellish consequence of winning a football game, England will be entirely ruled by the tories and their sycophantic and racist press

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Bobstar posted:

That's when the multiball starts, with the lights in the stadium going mental and sandstorm plays over the PA

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Trickjaw posted:

I know you, and I choose to believe this is what the kids call 'bantz'

It is indeed a solid slice of bant, ol buddy

One of my friends has done an England flag covered in anti fash imagery and a trans flag with ‘kick bigots out of football, come on England’, loving love it

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Communist Thoughts posted:

As a hellish consequence of winning a football game, England will be entirely ruled by the tories and their sycophantic and racist press

Got some bad news for you about that whether we win or lose...

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

frytechnician posted:

Got some bad news for you about that whether we win or lose...

:thejoke:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I hope that the country with the insane press and serious political problem with fascist shithouses screaming about boats doesn't win :ohdear:

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If England wins the finals, the Tories will claim credit.

If England loses the finals, the Tories will blame it on the players kneeling before the matches.

Whoever wins, you guys lose.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I really wish the new rimworld expansion was out, I want to make a cool cave dwelling colony of chromed up cannibals or something.

As it stands I am playing deserts of kharak instead of watching football.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

I reccomend all the anti football posters in the thread stop making up doomer fantasies of whst will happen when England Win/Lose. Much better for your mental, when you accept one game doesn't actually change what tabloids and people do.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

OwlFancier posted:

I really wish the new rimworld expansion was out, I want to make a cool cave dwelling colony of chromed up cannibals or something.

As it stands I am playing deserts of kharak instead of watching football.

I hear that's really good, grabbed it on steam sale but haven't got it yet. I suck at RTS games but I loved homeworld so much, so just gonna set it to easy and vibe.

forkboy84 posted:

Going to spend the day playing Football Manager. Not for any real reason other than I have gotten re-addicted to it over the last week after finding my Nairn County save from a year ago.

I think FM20 is the only free game from Epic I've put any time into.

I sunk a fair bit of time into Elite until it freaked out and doesn't work with my controller so good anymore. Still can't figure out what happened there.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Nigella confirmed UKMT poster

https://twitter.com/Nigella_Lawson/status/1414171669011259394

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

I hope they do well. Taking the knee was cool and good. They seem like a wholesome bunch of woke new-money millionaires and thus a tories nightmare

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Barry Foster posted:

I hear that's really good, grabbed it on steam sale but haven't got it yet. I suck at RTS games but I loved homeworld so much, so just gonna set it to easy and vibe.

I actually really like it, it really nails the atmosphere of homeworld, and as an RTS it's actually quite a lot of fun, lots of emphasis on positioning and line of sight control. Honestly the biggest complaint I had was that I would have liked more of it. If you got it cheap it's well worth a play.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

jiggerypokery posted:

I hope they do well. Taking the knee was cool and good. They seem like a wholesome bunch of woke new-money millionaires and thus a tories nightmare
It's pretty funny how much the fash are performatively hating the football this year. Can't wait to see grown men impotently boo a tiny car.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Catpetter1981 posted:

Whoever wins, you guys lose.

Yes, we're leftists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys