Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Bicyclops posted:

i don't understand pachinko yet and i think i'll come back to virtua fighter, but when i went to kiryu's apartment finally, i got sidetracked again by the training that unlocked, so i still haven't been there. you can tell that this and 0 were made at around the same time, both have kind of the same way of introducing content. i love it.

i tried pachinko once, stared at the screen for 5 minutes having no idea what was going on and never tried it again lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lmfao kiryu typing k a w a i i with his index fingers

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

heehee posted:

i tried pachinko once, stared at the screen for 5 minutes having no idea what was going on and never tried it again lol.

so far I've tried it three times and that has basically been my experience. I'm going to learn it somehow though, I'm determined. I think I'll go to Kiryu's apartment first though

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I genuinely refuse to try pachinko because I had a vivid nightmare as a child of creepy dolls marching towards me in lockstep chanting "pa-chin-KO, pa-chin-KO" on the weird Mario sunshine pachinko area

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

pachinko sucks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

so far I've tried it three times and that has basically been my experience. I'm going to learn it somehow though, I'm determined. I think I'll go to Kiryu's apartment first though

i don't know how it's implemented in 5 but there's nothing to "get" really, it's a slot machine

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

i don't know how it's implemented in 5 but there's nothing to "get" really, it's a slot machine

this. its a slot machine with extra bullshit to make you think its not just a slot machine

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I said I would do this so I did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11ZY2Z2mYAc

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

lol nice dog

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lmao awesome, dude. I appreciate the goro majima cameo.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

this. its a slot machine with extra bullshit to make you think its not just a slot machine

its flipperless pinball

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nice accent.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

nakajimas a cool boss

teuchter

Scythe
Jan 26, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dongicus posted:

nakajimas a cool boss

teuchter

I'm from Glasgow I was just doing my Professional voice. I hosed it all up though. It wasn't even funny. Sorry

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lol

hunting yama oroshi tonight. your rear end is going down

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm from Glasgow I was just doing my Professional voice. I hosed it all up though. It wasn't even funny. Sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ein57OSrqoA

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lol

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I enjoyed it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lmao i think I was subconsciously doing a mix of that and his TV presenter bit where he talks about pronouncing Kabul

Fighting the Amons this afternoon. Enjoyed Shinada freaking out lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

what the gently caress is this Jo Amon fight

edit: beat him first time after posting this. Imp magic does it again. Also uh I didn't have any clothing on which didn't help.

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 11, 2021

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

what the gently caress is this Jo Amon fight

edit: beat him first time after posting this. Imp magic does it again. Also uh I didn't have any clothing on which didn't help.

lol I went into the Amon fight in 4 figuring "ah, whatever I have on will be fine, if it's bad, I can just do it again," and when kiryu got roasted I said "gently caress it, I'm just moving on to 5, those were hard and I'm not doing them again." it was the only substory I didn't do in 4.

I kind of want to 100 percent 5 but I think pool will stop me.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’ve only done the Amon fight once, in 3 I think, and that was enough for me.

Finished 0 last night, starting Kiwami today. Yakuza summer rolls along.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

lol I went into the Amon fight in 4 figuring "ah, whatever I have on will be fine, if it's bad, I can just do it again," and when kiryu got roasted I said "gently caress it, I'm just moving on to 5, those were hard and I'm not doing them again." it was the only substory I didn't do in 4.

I kind of want to 100 percent 5 but I think pool will stop me.
Unfortunately in 5 he has the stupid invulnerable dragon spirit thing Kiryu and Komaki Jr have so the end of the fight he's invincible 80% of the time and you're just dodging increasingly stupid moves.

I beat it by getting really good at tiger dropping his normal attacks and saving my staminams for when he went dragon spirit and just using it myself to cancel him out, so we could scream and punch each other for 15 seconds which was kind of fun actually lol

Also the coliseum in this game sucks what the hell. Im just going to do victory road then beat the main story lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Looks like the reason Judgment hasn’t come to PC is because the talent agency of Yagami’s actor refuses to allow it, and it might kill the series:

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1414530758249787393?s=21

I didn’t even know his actor was that big a deal, he’s the voice of Howl in the original Japanese version of Howl’s Moving Castle. Weird. The speculation is that the agency wants to control his image and doesn’t want the game to be on a system where things can be modded

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Looks like the reason Judgment hasn’t come to PC is because the talent agency of Yagami’s actor refuses to allow it, and it might kill the series:

I didn’t even know his actor was that big a deal, he’s the voice of Howl in the original Japanese version of Howl’s Moving Castle. Weird. The speculation is that the agency wants to control his image and doesn’t want the game to be on a system where things can be modded

Somewhere in that twitter thread someone posted pictures of the digital version of a famitsu article about the game where the actor has been grayed out.

I can't wait to play as a gray silhouette myself.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

For fucks sake lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

disgusting pc gamers ruin things yet again

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

man i sure hope they figure something out. judgment owns and everyone should be able to play it

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Couldn't they just poo poo can the current actor and get a new one for J3

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

judgment 3 intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eklrb70uqbo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

wow, that sucks. i get voice actors feeling weird about mods that sort of use their voices but this idea that it's going to put them out of business or tarnish their image seems a bit extreme to me. hopefully this is just his way of asking for more money and sega can pay him.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i wonder if the actor cares that much or if it’s more of the agency?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

wow, that sucks. i get voice actors feeling weird about mods that sort of use their voices but this idea that it's going to put them out of business or tarnish their image seems a bit extreme to me. hopefully this is just his way of asking for more money and sega can pay him.

no they seem to be complete idiots

https://twitter.com/M_lanceolatus/status/1414562143676997640

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1414535875661344773

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

^^ E: nevermind, they are insane

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

It could just be a stunt to try and get Sega to get a big payday.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

Everything I’m reading makes it sound like the agency, Kimura’s personal feelings aren’t mentioned anywhere that I can find.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao morons. this is super stupid

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol jesus christ

i think the entire industry suddenly got nervous about mods though. the witcher 3 cast have been complaining about it for awhile now, but i don't know what game companies are really supposed to do about it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Apparently Kimura isn't even allowed to follow his wife on instagram lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

absolutely absurd lmao