Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah this episode has officially made me not a fan of the re order. I think this was a bad way to do it.

Also last I remember the MVA arc was longer then the Class A vs B battles and it looks like we are going to spend much less time on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Was it confirmed that the anime is going to actually cover the MVA arc? Maybe they'll just do a couple of flashbacks.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lmao if they don't cover it it'd be the funniest thing that has ever happened

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The show has never skipped over a story arc before to my knowledge so I don’t see why they would do so with one of the most important ones in the series

This season is supposed to about 25 episodes right? So if they start MVA in 17 that would at least give them a good 9 episodes to work with.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I assume the filler episode next week will be a movie tie-in and the whole reason they moved things around like this. Still a pretty baffling decision.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Arist posted:

Lmao if they don't cover it it'd be the funniest thing that has ever happened

What would be the funnier option to cover the rest of the season? Starting the war arc and stopping in the middle of it or filler arc?

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Pretty sure the voice actors confirmed they did the MVA arc.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rhonne posted:

I assume the filler episode next week will be a movie tie-in and the whole reason they moved things around like this. Still a pretty baffling decision.

But we still have at least 2 episodes of Endeavor Internship left.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

They could hold the rest of the Endeavor Internship arc until the start of the next season and use it as a reintroduction into what's been going on and where the status quo is at before they spend literally the entire rest of the season on the War arc. I'd much rather they did that than try to condense MVA horribly to fit in just 5-6 episodes.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

MonsterEnvy posted:

But we still have at least 2 episodes of Endeavor Internship left.

Sure, movie drops the 6th of August in Japan, filler episode to make sure it syncs up where it needs to I imagine. Would put the endeavor arc ending on the 31st counting the filler ep.

Should it be two episodes that is, idk what they're doing tbh

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

It's funny. I remember watching MHA for the first time and hearing All Might's "Nothing is nobler than self-sacrifice" line and thinking it was a little :yikes: . Not the intended sentiment All Might wanted to get across, mind you, but the underlying unintended implication that discouraged self-preservation. Particularly for someone like Deku who had little sense of self-worth.

I didn't think the story would actually turn that into a character arc of showing exactly why that mentality was bad.

Unusually solid writing for a popular Shonen.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
As Deku stands over 19 of his unconscious classmates and friends, this is when he became the greatest hero

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bring back mirko

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

mabels big day posted:

Bring back mirko

Yeah Izuku could use a leg or two.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

I feel like people are remembering MVA as being longer than it is. It's 23 chapters in the manga, and that includes Bakugo and Todoroki fighting the seltzer guy. For comparison, 1A vs 1B is 24 chapters, and was covered in 10 episodes. If Larryb's right and the season is 25 episodes altogether - ep 16 is filler, another episode is probably dinner with the Todoroki's and the fight with Ending - that leaves eight episodes for MVA. That should be enough time to do it justice - though this

CuwiKhons posted:

They could hold the rest of the Endeavor Internship arc until the start of the next season and use it as a reintroduction into what's been going on and where the status quo is at before they spend literally the entire rest of the season on the War arc. I'd much rather they did that than try to condense MVA horribly to fit in just 5-6 episodes.

Sounds honestly pretty plausible, they way they started off this season with the end of Endeavor vs High End, and would let them start off the season on a less serious note - though I also wouldn't be surprised if they show Aizawa's flashback from Vigilantes at some point.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
They’re going to finish the Endeavor arc and then start vigilantes and once they catch up they’ll switch back in a few seasons to do the war arc. Then MVA will be released as a series of OVAs across several Blu-Ray releases.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

christmas boots posted:

They’re going to finish the Endeavor arc and then start vigilantes and once they catch up they’ll switch back in a few seasons to do the war arc. Then MVA will be released as a series of OVAs across several Blu-Ray releases.

MVA will be included as a bonus in The Strongest Hero mobile game in 360p and no rerelease once the servers shut down

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shigaraki assumes control of Destro's organization, the rest of the episode is a montage of things that happen later in the manga and then the anime ends.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Trying to see it from an anime only perspective, the current setup makes sense since you still don't know what the league did to accumulate this much power since they were on the run last time they were seen. I still don't think the tension has been ruined or anything. Shigaraki was shown cackling maniacally, but the how still isn't known

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Shigaraki assumes control of Destro's organization, the rest of the episode is a montage of things that happen later in the manga and then the anime ends.

I didn't know Cloverworks was doing this season of My Hero Academia.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

GimmickMan posted:

I didn't know Cloverworks was doing this season of My Hero Academia.

No, they said a montage of future events, not two recap episodes in a thirteen episode series

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Scholtz posted:

No, they said a montage of future events, not two recap episodes in a thirteen episode series

the joke is promised neverland season 2

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Oh, my followup was Wonder Egg :sigh:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Carlosologist posted:

Trying to see it from an anime only perspective, the current setup makes sense since you still don't know what the league did to accumulate this much power since they were on the run last time they were seen. I still don't think the tension has been ruined or anything. Shigaraki was shown cackling maniacally, but the how still isn't known

The problems with this setup mean you know there are 100% no real stakes for the characters involved. It removes all the tension and stakes from the scenes. 'Well of course hes going to win, we've already seen he's in charge' etc etc.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Official release: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-319/chapter/22771?action=read

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm so excited to see Deku get punched

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Everyone should get a chance to punch Deku at least once

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Larryb posted:

Everyone should get a chance to punch Deku at least once

Can’t wait for the anime version of this: https://youtu.be/FNkpIDBtC2c

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
This really is the first time in a long time sooo many of these characters have had lines

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
horikoshi's love of western comics continues to shine through. the justice league is giving batman some tough love after he's gone off the deep end

vigilantes: i'm glad the hauler has realized what that his true power is the ability to be very annoying. maybe he just frustrates o'clock until the dude self destructs

Nephthys posted:

The new episode is out and it totally spoils the League and MLA joining forces. They don't try to hide it at all. The whole League is confirmed alive so them surviving the next arc is guaranteed.

And then next episode is loving filler..... :negative:

yeah, it massively undercuts the narrative tension whenever they revisit the skipped arc, because the league of villains are the one group so far who have actually had name members die or be irreparably maimed so it's plausible some of them could go down in their fight with the liberation army

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

I like how the bottom of his mask and the top of his scarf work together to look like a huge beast opening its mouth.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I love the panel of the UA Students were everyone looks serious, tired, or angry.

And then there's Asui with her :) face.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I love the panel of the UA Students were everyone looks serious, tired, or angry.

And then there's Asui with her :) face.

Asui really only has one expression doesn’t she

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Larryb posted:

Asui really only has one expression doesn’t she

She's like Hagakure in that regard

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

She's like Hagakure in that regard

To be fair in that case how could you tell? For all we know she’s the most expressive character in the whole series.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Rhonne posted:

NEW VIGILANTES!

Koichi doing what he does best: running away.

I love this strategy, but I just really hope that all might doesn’t actually come intervene. It would be a massive kneecapping of Koichi’s arc to still, at the very end, have to rely on someone else to finish the fight.

Also, I’m digging Demi’s new 50:50 Batman:Guts, and I’m looking forward to his friends slapping the poo poo out of his tired rear end.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I love this strategy, but I just really hope that all might doesn’t actually come intervene. It would be a massive kneecapping of Koichi’s arc to still, at the very end, have to rely on someone else to finish the fight.

Also, I’m digging Demi’s new 50:50 Batman:Guts, and I’m looking forward to his friends slapping the poo poo out of his tired rear end.

Koichi beats him after an exhausting fight and All Might arrives five seconds later. "I AM HERE oh hey you beat him great :D"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This kind of has to end with the guy blowing himself up or something so there's nothing left to trace back to All For One. All Might doesn't know AfO is alive at the start of the main series, so he can't find out in Vigilantes.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I like that Deku just always has Black Whip out now like a set of creepy tentacles. That's a cool detail.

I think it says something that I still give Deku a 50/50 chance of winning this even when he's barely able to stand up. He's just so strong now and narratively it would be a cool parallel to Bakugo beating him and being unhappy about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Bakugou's at a huge advantage since he's willing to maim innocents