Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you prefer the extended summer thread format?
This poll is closed.
Yes 126 44.21%
No 39 13.68%
I'm Scottish 120 42.11%
Total: 285 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Farage fiercely defended the right for fans to boo politics they don't like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Hope England get kicked out the tournament for their poor fan behaviour, and the final is moved to Rome for Italy v Denmark.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

loving hell. I can't see the match going ahead now.

https://twitter.com/DPoertsch/status/1414288460995649536

https://twitter.com/daniel_smith93/status/1414288344494792708

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
London friend who was there when that happened but has since come home - he didn't have a ticket just wanted some 'atmosphere' - said they only got onto a staircase and mezzanine and it was all sorted quite quickly.
So I don't know if the video ^^^ is an older one with a later time stamp on it or fresh outbreak.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
:lol:

“have you been to church today” BBC presenter to David Baddiel

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

London friend who was there when that happened but has since come home - he didn't have a ticket just wanted some 'atmosphere' - said they only got onto a staircase and mezzanine and it was all sorted quite quickly.
So I don't know if the video ^^^ is an older one with a later time stamp on it or fresh outbreak.

Fans are still storming and breaking through according to twitter, probably inspired by the original storming.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

learnincurve posted:

:lol:

“have you been to church today” BBC presenter to David Baddiel

Maybe only the Christian God cares about football.

Given Baddiel has one single word on his twitter bio:

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

don't think i've ever seen a more perfect encapuslation of are great national spirit

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Apraxin posted:

don't think i've ever seen a more perfect encapuslation of are great national spirit

that dog has some massive tittays.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

keep punching joe posted:

that dog has some massive tittays.

A reflection of the fans and their manboobs.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I haven't had dinner yet, and didn't have lunch, so I've been umming and ahhing over what to do about food.
Part of me wants to get takeaway/delivery, but the rest of me thinks that one Marmite sandwich and one cream cheese sandwich is fine.

Also, there's basically nothing in the fridge except bread, butter, cheese and eggs. And I don't fancy eggs for dinner.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

kingturnip posted:

I haven't had dinner yet, and didn't have lunch, so I've been umming and ahhing over what to do about food.
Part of me wants to get takeaway/delivery, but the rest of me thinks that one Marmite sandwich and one cream cheese sandwich is fine.

Also, there's basically nothing in the fridge except bread, butter, cheese and eggs. And I don't fancy eggs for dinner.

Make a conque monsieur/grilled egg-and-cheese kinda thing

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish

kingturnip posted:

Fried egg and cheese sandwich is a decent dinner, bit of mayo or hot sauce helps

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
think I might have that now actually. My mate gave me a jar of pickled red cabbage she pickled, and that nice sharpness goes well with a fried egg and cheesae

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Spangly A posted:

I'd be delighted if everyone expressed their nationalism by smashing the poo poo out of rich people's toys instead of local restaurants

I'm in North London (actually quite far from anything footbally* and half an hour from central london :confused:) and there is a parade of carcunts with their gun-shot exhausts going up and down the street. I think there's a local fast-cars club nearby because it's certainly not the first time they've been around.

This piece of poo poo has been parked right outside my apartment for the last hour or so.

As you can see it's got a ticket. I'm 100% sure this is a case of "i knew i was going to get a ticket but that's just the cost of a convenient parking place and i can afford it :smug:"

*actually that's not true, I'm about 10 mins from Finsbury Park and all the associated Arsenal bollox

Deketh
Feb 26, 2006
That's a nice fucking fish

Failed Imagineer posted:

think I might have that now actually. My mate gave me a jar of pickled red cabbage she pickled, and that nice sharpness goes well with a fried egg and cheesae

Sounds lovely, I used a bit of sauerkraut for that sharpness and it's very nice

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Pathetic. I feel nothing but shame.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POMzK08q2L4

A letter to the Italians

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I saw a guy with a tiny willy get completely naked and wave his tiny bits back and forth for Engurland

Score some fackin goals

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Either the rapture just happened or someone scored going by the screaming.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Coming-home status could not be more "it's".

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

ITS

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

England 1 Scotland 0

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

I saw a guy with a tiny willy get completely naked and wave his tiny bits back and forth for Engurland

Score some fackin goals

I was being sarcastic you orc lookin freaks stop scoring the goals

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/demarionunn/status/1414298149372432384?s=19

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

gibbo no

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The uncle who think’s he’s funny has logged on

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Spangly A posted:

nationalism without gloating is a pretty normal thing for a country that isn't an absolute state, I'm pretty sure more people than just Orwell have done bits about how the english only make war songs about massive defeats like Waterloo or Light Brigade, and competent retreats like Dunkirk. You only sing about the overwhelming victories of powerful nation states when you've lost to them yourself (like Come Out ye Black and Tans).

...the black and tans lost tho?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
old majesty our boys queen will be watching this foot-ball match, she'll be going cerm orn eeenglehnd!!!! like that hehehehehehhehehehehe

with her double gin and tonic and big bag of mini cheddars

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Twiglets, imo

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
The respect patch on their arms is it supposed to look like a Greg's logo

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

feedmegin posted:

...the black and tans lost tho?

And were the Swedish even present at Waterloo?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

radmonger posted:

And were the Swedish even present at Waterloo?

Absolutely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFk6-Mn-8yg

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

i reckon she lives a life of such opulence, right, that she has one of them big fancy trays made of delf with all different compartments in and she has twiglets and mini cheddars and cheese footballs and salted peanuts and dry roasted peanuts and salt and vinegar peanuts :aaa:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
and cheddar cheese cubes and pickled onions on cocktails sticks in the middle bit

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

crispix posted:

and cheddar cheese cubes and pickled onions on cocktails sticks in the middle bit

Come now, the days of Empire Opulence are far in the past.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Bags of crisps with the salt in little packets inside.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

happyhippy posted:

Bags of crisps with the salt in little packets inside.

you know the salt packets would be, like little tartan linen teabags made by Barbour with HRH stamped on them

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Oh no....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Football has been detained at the border