Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gudetama
Apr 1, 2021

sexpig by night posted:

i could truly care less who you vote for, i'm just happy you vote

"ok then I'll vote green" "WELL I GUESS YOU WANT TRUMP TO WIN"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

Coming into the "does voting matter" thread and jumping into the discussion talking only about voting as an individual action is a libertarian framing. Talking about it as collective action is a Marxist framing.

Whichever of the two you pick, the answer to the thread title is inevitable once you've made that decision. If you're a libertarian who believes individual action by sufficiently-strong people is the only important thing, then voting doesn't matter - your mighty individual will is diluted by the sheep. If you're a Marxist who believes in collective action, then voting does matter, as long as the outcome of elections matters.

lmao that "as long as" is doing a lot of work there

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Crazypoops posted:

Remember how doped up Kamala was during the primary debates

bring back doped up Kamala, that was funny

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I really am amazed that someone (an IK, of course) literally did the Simpsons joke about 'can't I just bet that all the horses will have a good time???'

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

that's it, that's libs right there.

'I don't care who you vote for, I just want you to vote'

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1261004586359422979

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/wkay1919/status/1413544164298481674

https://mobile.twitter.com/wkay1919/status/1413555181250400258

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Clip-On Fedora posted:

https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/1414034599907184640

"fully developed"

Lol America doesn't get say other countries aren't fully developed.

Lol the U.S sat on mRNA for 30 years and this guys boasting about it.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
America is gorgeous and I love American recreational culture (beer, brats, baseball), but lord almighty do I hate the American government

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

sexpig by night posted:

that's it, that's libs right there.

'I don't care who you vote for, I just want you to vote'

*47% of the country votes for Trump*

ah, well, nevertheless

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

camoseven posted:

America is gorgeous and I love American recreational culture (beer, brats, baseball), but lord almighty do I hate the American government

Driving around the Missouri countryside in the Summer I am usually struck by how beautiful this region is, especially on weeks like this where it's been raining.

Then I get out of the car and interact with the people

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

the president can act alone to do genocides in syria, libya, palestine, iraq, etc etc but god forbid the president act alone to do Good Thing

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

beau biden can act alone to let duponts gently caress kids with no consequence, but god forbid he acts alone and stops his brain from making a tumor

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Oh Snapple! posted:

a hearty lol that there are people that aren't extremely nervous that Harris is almost certainly going to be the de facto party nominee whenever Biden's done

I think its gonna be hilarious

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Kamala Harris is the real life Veep

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

trump winning in 2024 is going to own because it makes him a trivia answer for all time alongside Grover Cleveland

entertaining the children with trivia of the before times as my spouse forages for something sharp to open the cans of beans we scavenged

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

World War Mammories posted:

entertaining the children with trivia of the before times as my spouse forages for something sharp to open the cans of beans we scavenged

Look at this guy with his fancy canned beans. I have to soak mine in reclaimed piss for at least 8 hours before I can even think about eating them!

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1413916912325734401?s=20

KINKOS HASNT loving EXISTED IN MORE THAN A DECADE

LITERALLY BOUGHT UP BY FED EX AND SHUT DOWN

IM SO loving TIRED OF DEMOCRATS

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

libs talking about panhandlers "defrauding" them by asking money for the bus when in reality maybe they had a meal that morning!

lmfao the psychic damage of losing 20 dollars.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Bideo James posted:

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1413916912325734401?s=20

KINKOS HASNT loving EXISTED IN MORE THAN A DECADE

LITERALLY BOUGHT UP BY FED EX AND SHUT DOWN

IM SO loving TIRED OF DEMOCRATS

what in the gently caress is she talking about. you show the ID in person you dont mail in a photocopy. did no one explain how voting id laws work to her lmao

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

how much can a photocopy cost? 10 dollars?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i need to be a tv journalist so i can just make befuddled faces and mouth "what the gently caress"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pobrecito posted:

I'd like to remind you that this is r/geopolitics. What you've said are opinion and moral appeal. Your comment has nothing to do with the actual geopolitical relationship between Cuba and the United States.

From a Geopolitical situation the embargo should be upheld because Cuba is a nation state in the US's backyard that has an opposing ideology which can be influenced by rivals like China to host future bases or rockets.

Lifting embargoes on Cuba also gives an incentive to other nations under embargo to just "sit it out" as once the general public changes perception or loses interest in an issue the embargo will eventually collapse. These are all very bad incentives to give to potentially rival nations.

In fact, the best case scenario for the US is if the Cuban nation completely collapses as it send a warning signal to countries like North Korea, Syria, Iran and Russia that American embargoes are the real deal and will ruin you which gives future threats of American embargoes a lot more power.

The other day I saw one of those globe emoji folks make the argument that leftists were being two-faced when it came to sanctions because they kept insisting that they were bad and killed people, while simultaneously making fun of how Cuba and Iran have managed to avoid collapsing even while being under sanctions.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Trabisnikof posted:

libs talking about panhandlers "defrauding" them by asking money for the bus when in reality maybe they had a meal that morning!

they didnt really deserve that money, not the way that I, a right thinking and upstanding person who works for a living deals with the stress of managing via Zoom, does

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I'm not even sure what point Kamala is trying to make in that clip. Why does she bargain herself down and say "of course people need to prove who they are"?

(besides the obvious reasons of dems also being chuds)

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what in the gently caress is she talking about. you show the ID in person you dont mail in a photocopy. did no one explain how voting id laws work to her lmao

shes a loving moron cop idiot stupid politician

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

kamala harris is in fact dumber and stupider than our current president, joe biden, who is exclusively a rapist piece of poo poo, and is in fact, dumber than all poo poo!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

I'm not even sure what point Kamala is trying to make in that clip. Why does she bargain herself down and say "of course people need to prove who they are"?

(besides the obvious reasons of dems also being chuds)

people are mad about voting rights being poo poo on with no pushback so the dems have the perfect solution: more voter id laws

e: also harris is legendarily uncharismatic

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bideo James posted:

kamala harris is in fact dumber and stupider than our current president, joe biden, who is exclusively a rapist piece of poo poo, and is in fact, dumber than all poo poo!

she has that hillary quality of making the most perfectly wrong response to any situation

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

the one thing that boggles my mind more than anything is kamala harris' father and what he does and knows

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Yinlock posted:

she has that hillary quality of making the most perfectly wrong response to any situation

its a flow chart with most flows leading to "CACKLE WITH LAUGHTER"

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Bideo James posted:

the one thing that boggles my mind more than anything is kamala harris' father and what he does and knows

this is why the real rectification campaign has to begin at home

if you're not willing to make your kids do a self crit then you shouldn't be having them

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

She must be thinking of the new GA law, which now requires a scanned image or photocopy of your ID with your absentee ballot request.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

wait is that panhandling poo poo from D&D or reddit? I can't tell which, which is quite depressing

democratic underground.

i have trouble finding good posts on reddit because their search sucks and their communities are so narrow that libs there never post about topics that might make dems look bad. plus most of social media knows that they're going to get quoted and trolled so they're all so "optics" focused.

but DU and the other old forums are still hidden away in crevices of the internet and they feel safe to both say insane things about the homeless and also discuss why actually people shouldnt be mad about dems doing lovely things.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Mantis42 posted:

this is why the real rectification campaign has to begin at home

if you're not willing to make your kids do a self crit then you shouldn't be having them

its amazing how stupid and evil she is

and her father is like, this dude who argues about capital being poo poo

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

reminder that Barack "Vote." "Democracy is on the Ballot" Obama supports voter ID laws now

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Remember when Pence mocked activists who wanted to build more schools, less jails?

Very cool.

Wait, I'm getting a note...

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/helaineolen/status/1414216569496883201?s=19
https://twitter.com/helaineolen/status/1414219215611912195?s=19

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I think a lot of the Trump hate was less political and more psychological.

Everyone hates something right? Except when you are sitting around seething and enraged at something normal like Arby's people are going to call you out and tell you to calm down.

Trump was the perfect scapegoat. Everyone agreed he should get as much hate and anger as possible so he became this weird outlet for everyone to hate as hard as they could. Trump now represents everything wrong in the world. Everyone you wish you could tell off or every thing you've ever thought about saying all of those things and feelings can now be channeled into the Universal UltraHitler Everyone loving Hates gently caress HIM!

People will crowd around you cheering and giving you money now the angrier you get at this worthless piece of poo poo! gently caress!

The fact he is going to come back for a second term will straight up shatter some brains into a trillion pieces. They can't conceive of a world where their ultimate evil comes back and wins.

yah, it seems as if since 2016 libs have decided that trump is some republican anomaly, one of the bad ones, the very worst ever in history.

DRUMF'S THE DUMBEST DUMBO TO EVER SERVE they say, forgetting that reagan was pres for 8 years during which his alzheimer's was steadily progressing, or that Is Our Children Learning? became the liberal catechism of mockery during GWB's 8 years.

DRUMF'S THE MOST MACHIAVELLIAN PRESIDENT EVER they say, forgetting that nixon (and maybe obama, from another angle) fit that description way more aptly.

never mind that those two things are said by the same people with no trace of irony.

the scariest thing about trump to liberals is that he's just like most other presidents, but doesn't bother to hide it.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Does anyone want to move to my house? I have 6 acres of land and a deep hatred for the existing economic system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Pussy Boss posted:

reminder that Barack "Vote." "Democracy is on the Ballot" Obama supports voter ID laws now

Does voting matter, a private conversation in three parts:

First, I think of how long ago I would not have been allowed to vote, what people were trying to keep us from voting, and what we had to do to get the vote.

Second, I think about who's actively overjoyed to watch parts of the left tangle the rest of the left in arguments not to vote. Who this actively pleases to watch them try to convince other leftists of the pointlessness of voting. Who's probably in on it in an astoundingly easy turfing operation.

Third, I shudder at all of that, and I vote.