Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

I googled for a while trying to find a way to get a car registered in Florida that was previously titled out of state with the actual registered owner possibly being dead and ended up going with the practical pickup. RIP Wagoneer dreams

snipe tax https://tallahassee.craigslist.org/cto/d/tallahassee-1991-miata-needs-work/7343352654.html

Late Fees fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Slugworth posted:

"I live in the woods so pretty much any kind of trade is possible" is both mystifying and ominous to me.

I love poo poo like that, that's totally mundane and obvious to folks "in the know" but practically otherworldly for anyone else. It makes life spicy.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Maybe he wants to trade for bitcoins?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Colostomy Bag posted:

Maybe he wants to trade for bitcoins?

chainsaw or log splitter is the obvious choice.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Elephanthead posted:

chainsaw or log splitter is the obvious choice.

Brrrrrr-saw or lead spitter was my interpretation

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Goddamn look how cool this thing is.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1238190699?cid=cars-trucks

Seriously it's got a sword for a shifter

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

WTFBEES posted:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/1238190699?cid=cars-trucks

Seriously it's got a sword for a shifter

Why are you not buying it?

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

StormDrain posted:

Why are you not buying it?

I am flattered that you think I'm anywhere near rad enough to drive such a piece of art.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

WTFBEES posted:

is “runs and drives” the new “ran when parked”?

still cool, just sayin’

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The last two look pretty good. I'm seeing like $7-25k for single cars, whats wrong with all these?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'll be damned, never really thought much of it but didn't realize those had rotating headlights.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'll be damned, never really thought much of it but didn't realize those had rotating headlights.

Controlled by a handle like a handbrake, IIRC.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Colostomy Bag posted:

best thing? they turn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpPM6NyY6Bc

SIDEWAYS

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Suburban Dad posted:

Controlled by a handle like a handbrake, IIRC.

Yep! I was considering buying one back around... 2013? Liked the headlights, but I could barely wedge myself in there and something sounded "off" in the engine. Neat cars though.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/rare-1978-subaru-brat-4-speed-4x4-project/1576416911

look at it's cute little canopy :3:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Rare as gently caress. I've always loved those.

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

incredible. no notes

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
I recognize those wheels....

Edit: If anyone wants to build their own -

Fornax Disaster fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 16, 2021

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Fornax Disaster posted:

I recognize those wheels....

Edit: If anyone wants to build their own -

Oh, yes, that's a Toronado drivetrain, though it's probably the downsized third generation. Otherwise, the wheels would be even *further* outside of the bodywork. It seems to be a small-block Olds, which would also correlate with it being a late-70s/early 80s Toro. I appreciate the use of the '50s Olds air cleaner assembly.
Also, those are Jeep Cherokee fender extensions.

edit: huh. Wikipedia says all three generations of V8 Toronados were just under 80 inches wide. OK, then.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/kent-subaru-brz/7353091122.html

lmao rebuilt title
lmao wrap job
lmao automatic
lmao stock engine

lmao 22k for a 9 year old brz

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 19, 2021

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

BraveUlysses posted:

lmao rebuilt title
lmao wrap job
lmao automatic
lmao stock engine

Ask him if the other, not-idiotic car in the photos is available for sale

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

BraveUlysses posted:

lmao rebuilt title
lmao wrap job
lmao automatic
lmao stock engine

The "airbag light is on just hasn't been reset" is the most terrifying part of this entire thing . I'm sure whoever "fixed" the airbags was super reputable and just forgot to reset the light. Definitely won't explode in your face at a random time

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

BraveUlysses posted:

lmao rebuilt title
lmao wrap job
lmao automatic
lmao stock engine

I've been looking at the market too, just lol at the prices. I'm not sure who the gently caress is buying a 2015 BRZ for $28k plus TTL from Carvana.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

adaz posted:

The "airbag light is on just hasn't been reset" is the most terrifying part of this entire thing . I'm sure whoever "fixed" the airbags was super reputable and just forgot to reset the light. Definitely won't explode in your face at a random time

I’d be very comfortable assuming that the airbags wouldn’t go off in my face at a random time in that car.

there’s a 99% chance that the “airbags” are some wadded up old newspaper

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

adaz posted:

The "super easy and inexpensive repair that I just haven't found the time to do but you can fix it in 5 minutes with $5 worth of parts from Home Depot" line is always good for a laugh.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Mr. Apollo posted:

The "super easy and inexpensive repair that I just haven't found the time to do but you can fix it in 5 minutes with $5 worth of parts from Home Depot" line is always good for a laugh.

I've used that line in an ad before, but it was something I'd have to slide under the car to do, it was January in North Dakota, and I didn't have a heated garage.

It's right up there with "restoration 90% complete" though, where the last 10% is expensive, takes a lot of work, or the parts flat-out don't exist.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

BraveUlysses posted:

lmao rebuilt title
lmao wrap job
lmao automatic
lmao stock engine

The TRD shift knob made me stop for a second lol

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I’m selling a set of four tires for $100. This dude stopped messaging me five days ago during which time like ten other people got in touch, and then today…

(I’m in blue)

Poor baby isn’t intewested any more. Sad face. These tires have given me more idiots than almost anything else I’ve ever sold.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
I think the dude from Craigslist I hated the most wa the one who arranged to see the car on a workday so I left work for it, then was 20-30 minutes late, then was more late because he said I sent him the wrong address (literally copied and pasted the same address again when he couldn't find it the first time, then it magically worked), then offered about half of my asking price.

I'm convinced assholes will recruit their friends to more or less harass sellers like this to make them want to take a lowball offer just to be done.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

boxen posted:

I'm convinced assholes will recruit their friends to more or less harass sellers like this to make them want to take a lowball offer just to be done.

It reminds me of the time I was an rear end in a top hat to another rear end in a top hat I was working for, via the magic of Craigslist. I looked up a listing for a terribly modded '93 civic hatch 1,000 miles away, copied the text and pics into a new listing, and dropped the price to $1500 FIRM. Put the rear end in a top hat's phone number in plaintext, "NO EMAISL JUST CALL!!". Sat back and enjoyed the next hour or so, before he just shut his phone off.

I left that loving listing up for however long it took to expire.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

NoWake posted:

It reminds me of the time I was an rear end in a top hat to another rear end in a top hat I was working for, via the magic of Craigslist. I looked up a listing for a terribly modded '93 civic hatch 1,000 miles away, copied the text and pics into a new listing, and dropped the price to $1500 FIRM. Put the rear end in a top hat's phone number in plaintext, "NO EMAISL JUST CALL!!". Sat back and enjoyed the next hour or so, before he just shut his phone off.

I left that loving listing up for however long it took to expire.

See, now this is the kind of shot Craigslist putting a paywall on autos for sale listings has deprived us of.

For real, though, that has got to be the dumbest thing they ever did. I get that they needed to make money, but who is going to pay to be harassed by idiots online? says the goon…

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

My friend was selling something on FB and had "IT WILL NOT FIT IN A CAR. BRING A TRUCK" several times through out the ad. A guy says he wants it and asks if it'll fit in a car. My friend says no. The guy shows up at my friend's house, looks at the item and says "Oh yeah you're right, it won't fit in a car." and says he can't take it since he brought a car. He then asks my friend if he wants to hang out some time.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I'm going to be listing a 2003 Civic Ex with a laundry list of issues and 240k miles on it this weekend for $1800 and hoping to get $1500, I don't look forward to the circus.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Listed my 2001 Kawasaki Bayou 220 at 9:20 this morning, and it was on someone else’s truck at 11:30.

I got like twenty messages about that drat thing in the first 90 minutes. I must have underpriced it, but I’m still happy with the sale. I owned it for seven years and made a $550 profit so no complaints.

Dude who showed up was willing to pay the full $1500 but we settled on $1350 since it was a birthday present for his kid and he didn’t jerk me around or act like an rear end in a top hat, and he showed up super quickly instead of the “oh well let me see what’s going on later, maybe I’ll swing by at some point” bullshit. I’ve never seen someone so happy to buy a four-wheeler.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Listed my 2001 Kawasaki Bayou 220 at 9:20 this morning, and it was on someone else’s truck at 11:30.

I got like twenty messages about that drat thing in the first 90 minutes. I must have underpriced it, but I’m still happy with the sale. I owned it for seven years and made a $550 profit so no complaints.

Dude who showed up was willing to pay the full $1500 but we settled on $1350 since it was a birthday present for his kid and he didn’t jerk me around or act like an rear end in a top hat, and he showed up super quickly instead of the “oh well let me see what’s going on later, maybe I’ll swing by at some point” bullshit. I’ve never seen someone so happy to buy a four-wheeler.

10% Pleasant Buyer discount and you still made money? I think that's fair.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I made this mistake last fall when I got sick of working on my stock '88 Toyota 4x4 with @230k miles. $3500 cash. Within 2 hours had 14 texts, with 2 from out of state. Sold it that afternoon straight up to a guy who drove down from Bellingham to Kent. His drive back was longer than any trip I had ever taken in it. I still miss/don't miss it. Bought in 2004 with 172k miles for $900. Should've asked at least $5k

Meydey fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 23, 2021

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

boxen posted:

Guy I know told me he has friends and family contact a seller with extreme lowball offers so his seems reasonable by comparison, so you're not paranoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Ignore any offer that's not in person. Also, price things correctly if you don't want to deal with a flood