Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Skwirl posted:

I worked at a breakfast diner once and there was a regular who was generally okay and a decent tipper, but liked to gently caress with you a little. So if you said "Good Morning" (which you just say as a server working in the morning automatically) he'd often say "What's so good about it?"

There’s a guy who works at the grocery store I go to who always says good morning, no matter what time of day. If you ask him about it he’ll tell you it’s always morning.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Ziv Zulander posted:

There’s a guy who works at the grocery store I go to who always says good morning, no matter what time of day. If you ask him about it he’ll tell you it’s always morning.

It's always morning somewhere.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This is not my favorite comic but I do enjoy it

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

this is even stranger than i remember

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

This is not my favorite comic but I do enjoy it

same

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The next two are pretty short so I'll post them both here. And since I skipped Sunday I may post another one or two later

Hitmen for Destiny #10: Purple Hat

===============

Hitmen for Destiny #11: Something Vorte can do

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I binged through the HfD archive this weekend. It's a little slow to start, but once it picks up it's insanely good.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

ultrafilter posted:

I binged through the HfD archive this weekend. It's a little slow to start, but once it picks up it's insanely good.

Yeah for those following along we're on the cusp of the first big farcical action sequence, which are thorsby's specialty

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
I read through all of Hitman and Trixie Slaughteraxe the other day and I'm not sure if they're good but they're surprisingly enjoyable. If you told me Thorsby was a particularly imaginative 12 year old boy who drew all of these in the back of the classroom over the course of the school year instead of paying attention I'd believe you, and I sincerely mean that as a compliment.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Fools Infinite lives!

https://twitter.com/nedroid/status/1414618902731108356?s=19

We all miss him Reginald

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
He seems to be in high spirits, so I can't be too sad.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It starts out kinda rough, but I'm seriously all for reading all of Achewood again. I read through about 80% of it or so last year and there are only a handful that I dislike out of hundreds of comics.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Twitch posted:

It starts out kinda rough, but I'm seriously all for reading all of Achewood again. I read through about 80% of it or so last year and there are only a handful that I dislike out of hundreds of comics.
Also the website is a real bad experience on a phone, posting it here would be a gift to us all. Just make sure to include the alt text Fools Infinite-style bonus texts!

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
Has anyone ever put together a full timeline view of Achewood with the blogs at the appropriate times? All I've seen is this PDF some guy on Reddit put together for himself that he showed a page of and refused to share on "moral grounds" or something. (and yeah i know the upcoming book is supposed to do exactly that but it's been pushed out already and cookbook 2 etc)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Twitch posted:

Early Achewood is a little strange compared to the rest because early on there was a whole thing about the characters being animals in the "real" world but eventually it just becomes its own thing where everyone is just different animals instead of people.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

RAINEDOG.COM MAY 9, 2009 posted:

Whether I succeed in this, and whether the exercise is worthwhile in the first place, is for the reader to determine, not me. But, to leave out the obvious tension that would exist for an adolescent boy owning an opposite-sex sentient animal, who was also his best friend, would have been to leave an important dimension unexplored.

Frankly, if some people don't get it, that's more than fine with me, because art that absolutely everyone understands tends to be pretty boring and pointless. Something really challenging is always going to inspire anger from some and mockery from others. It actually makes me feel like I'm doing a decent job.

I'm abnormal. I'm a freak. Not only am I willing to acknowledge that, I'm proud of it, and you should be glad I am. Life would be a lot worse if everybody fit the parameters we generally think of as "normal." "Normal" people cause 99% of the trouble in the world and produce 1% of the good ideas and good art, because us freaks are the ones who look at society from enough of a remove to come up with something new. All of us stand on the shoulders of brilliant freaks.

So, here's to my fellow freaks, and here's to everyone who's written me and everyone who's getting something out of this story. Wave your freak flag high.

Do I think that boy hosed that dog? No.

Do I think Dana Simpson is a giant creep when it comes to children before even mentioning her obvious shaving fetish and how the two intermingle again and again across her oeuvre? Yes.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

PYF Penis related comics

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Woebin posted:

Also the website is a real bad experience on a phone, posting it here would be a gift to us all. Just make sure to include the alt text Fools Infinite-style bonus texts!

I guess this fellow never heard back from Chris Onstad, but:

Stringent posted:

If there's an Android dev in here, I've got a java utility I wrote to pull down the images off the site and stick them in a plist. You can fork and tweak this to make it more Android friendly: https://github.com/ericpickett/java-achewood

Otherwise my milestones are to:
  1. get iOS app working and approved for release by onstad
  2. write an Android version
  3. get an OCR scan of all the comics so they're text searchable

Dunno how many of these I'll get through before I wander off and get distracted, but we'll see.

If you are on iOS, or can make things happen on an Android phone, then here's a thing.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

I hope you have enjoyed and/or been disgusted by The Elephant of Surprise

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Well. I don't think "spaying" is exactly the solution to the problem of "my son made out with the family dog".

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
My only solace, and I'm sorry to spoil it (not really), is that Raine Dog gets shot to death in the end.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 00:48 on Jul 13, 2021

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

Well. I don't think "spaying" is exactly the solution to the problem of "my son made out with the family dog".

You see, he didn't want his son to gently caress the dog and make a baby.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Arrhythmia posted:

Of course, the woman female has to suffer the consequences of the male's actions.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Pastry of the Year posted:

You see, he didn't want his son to gently caress the dog and make a baby.
But now? Go hog wild, son!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Hirayuki posted:

But now? Go hog wild, son!

Her quoting of my post is not an endorsement of this course of action.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Raine dog is strange now but it was so much stranger to read straight off the back of ozy and millie

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Foxfire_ posted:

I hope you have enjoyed and/or been disgusted by The Elephant of Surprise

I loved every minute of it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Ignoring everything else about the comic, everyone I've ever known who had a dog had the dog sleep inside at night, regardless of weather, because dogs are social animals

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Come And See posted:

Do I think that boy hosed that dog? No.

Do I think Dana Simpson is a giant creep when it comes to children before even mentioning her obvious shaving fetish and how the two intermingle again and again across her oeuvre? Yes.

Ignoring all the other stuff it definitely doesn't help that the kid is drawn like he's 5.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Arrhythmia posted:

Notice who's not around any more in the final panels

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

Notice who's not around any more in the final panels

God's light?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Also, why the gently caress didn't they spay the dog earlier.

Always spay or neuter your pets unless you're like a breeder. Especially if you're making it stay outside over night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Skwirl posted:

Also, why the gently caress didn't they spay the dog earlier.

Always spay or neuter your pets unless you're like a breeder. Especially if you're making it stay outside over night

Even to Sentient, talking dogs? I mean, talking about forced sterilization on an intelligent creature here.

I've been getting to where I ...dislike any comic strip or setting that has talking animals. There are just so many.....issues with crop up the moment you think deeper than " lol that cat is being a dick to the dog"