Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
I don't think I've really enjoyed any of the 3d zeldas as much as the 2d ones. I dunno why everyone likes them better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I don't think I've really enjoyed any of the 3d zeldas as much as the 2d ones. I dunno why everyone likes them better.

They're good, OP.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Well, I hope for their sake that they're not planning on reselling this. The bottom is going to drop out of all of this stuff someday, likely soon.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i used to have a mindset of 'i spent money on this thing so i better finish it'

twilight princess sort of ended that mindset because while i did finish the wii version, i barely played the gamecube version at all (yes i bought them both because i pre-ordered them both because i assumed i'd love it like i'd loved all the previous zelda games)

https://i.imgur.com/tF1VmjF.mp4

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Muscle Tracer posted:

i tried DQXI and didn't like it much

worst take so far. gently caress you.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

They're good, OP.

Yeah they're fine but I've had way more fun with Minish Cap and Link to the Past and stuff

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Well, I hope for their sake that they're not planning on reselling this. The bottom is going to drop out of all of this stuff someday, likely soon.

I don't even understand this one, Mario 64 is not rare in the least.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

link to the past is still like, among the most cliche, stock answers to the question 'what's the best game ever made', so not really sure that "everyone" likes the 3d ones better

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah they're fine but I've had way more fun with Minish Cap and Link to the Past and stuff

They're good too. I dunno what to tell you

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
That poor Super Mario 64 cartridge has been stuck in a box for decades now, still unplayed, and will probably still never be played.

hosed up.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Mega64 posted:

That poor Super Mario 64 cartridge has been stuck in a box for decades now, still unplayed, and will probably still never be played.

hosed up.

It is just waiting for some kid to open it on Christmas day and go It's a Me! MARIO! Press start to Play!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

might bve contraveriosal in these times to say but. 2d? 3d? i like both. zeldas, overall, are good to me. sorry if saying this will get me shot in the head.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Stux posted:

might bve contraveriosal in these times to say but. 2d? 3d? i like both. zeldas, overall, are good to me. sorry if saying this will get me shot in the head.

Hell, same.

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I’ve been playing Dragon Quest V. What’s everyone else playing.

Bouncing between Persona 5 Royal and Dragon Quest XI, and recently knocked out Metroid Fusion over the course of a couple of nights. That game had some tough boss fights.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

One of the best Zeldas mixes 2D and 3D in beautiful harmony (A Link Between Worlds)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

forget twilight princess or even wind waker, link between worlds hd needs to be made for the switch

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I didn’t play LTTP until the GBA version came out and I thought it was good but OOT and the Oracle games were better. I’m still not sure what’s so great about it, it’s really good yeah but it’s been outdone since.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[captian picard "foru lights" cadence] i. like. both. zeldas

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
the only main console zelda that I've not liked is skyward sword and I hope to rectify this later this week

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bleck posted:

the only main console zelda that I've not liked is skyward sword and I hope to rectify this later this week

well it has the climbing mechanics from breath of the wild, so how can you not!?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is more than likely money laundering or rich people trying to arbitrarily up values to feel richer. That or its like the japanese first tuna catch of the year auction always going really high as a pride thing of wasting money.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 12, 2021

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Pablo Nergigante posted:

One of the best Zeldas mixes 2D and 3D in beautiful harmony (A Link Between Worlds)

Agreed, my favorite one.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

hatty posted:

I didn’t play LTTP until the GBA version came out and I thought it was good but OOT and the Oracle games were better. I’m still not sure what’s so great about it, it’s really good yeah but it’s been outdone since.

the oracle games are very fun but calling them better than LTTP............ absolutely deranged

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

romanowski posted:

the oracle games are very fun but calling them better than LTTP............ absolutely deranged

it's true tho

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

lots of sickos in this thread

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
My favorite Zelda is whatever one I'm playing at the moment. I got good memories for all of them, even Adventures of Link and Spirit Tracks.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

all this talk about best zelda games and nobody has brought up link's crossbow training smh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Ender Lilies. This is good poo poo.

Yeah its cool

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Twilight Princess is the worst Zelda game I have played (haven't played skyward sword but I did play Phantom hourglass) but its still ok, not great but like, ok. I think this is a cool opinion so if you try to own me by saying 'cool opinion' I will earnestly agree with you, disarming you.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What about the cat town

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

all this talk about best zelda games and nobody has brought up link's crossbow training smh

I have a Wiimote gun adapter that looks like a semi auto pistol and I love loading up crossbow training and giving link a gat

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
the thing about the less good zelda games is that they are less good when you compare them to other zelda games but they are still better than a full 99% of other games

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Chips Challenge 2021

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

I dunno why everyone likes them better.

They were alive to see the commercials and marketing campaigns for them as children.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Not counting people who've whaled on Fifa Ultimate Team I see

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i bought Carto for a games club type of thing but i haven’t opened it yet or even touched my switch because i’ve been playing (non-switch game) guilty gear.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

After beating Zero Mission, I booted up Super Mario RPG on my SNES Mini and I'm tempted to keep rolling with that, I've actually never played it.

enjoy op you’ll love it.

Takoluka posted:

the switch isn't special

yes it is.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

My favorite is Link’s Awakening as I was the right age and liked the exploration, followed closely by Ocarina.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mister Facetious posted:

They were alive to see the commercials and marketing campaigns for them as children.

ocarina of time was also one of the most important games ever made and broke a lot of new ground not just for zelda but for gaming at large, which has to count for something, especially if you were around and playing games at the time.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I liked the first half of carto but the narrative started to really drag on and dunk the pacing into boring town for me and a puzzle made me mad cause they didnt tutorialize one of my abilities So i did not finish.
Very cute and clever tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

ocarina of time was also one of the most important games ever made and broke a lot of new ground not just for zelda but for gaming at large, which has to count for something, especially if you were around and playing games at the time.

:lol::lol:

It was the first 3d Zelda. That's it. That's all it has.

Lock on targeting was already years old at that point, as was a hub area with 3d stages/dungeons.

Marketing did its job.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 12, 2021