Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I will assume Whirl is off somewhere wanting to be invited but thinks he isn't allowed to ask and will suddenly break into the panel anyway in a little bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Decepticons Forever Ravage is indeed a retool of Cheetor. I wonder who this Shadow Panther guy in wave 4 is, then?

https://www.facebook.com/100055290926355/posts/270952624757766/?d=n

Supposed to be exclusive to the next PulseCon.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Would it be too much to ask to get a new version of this guy?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yes

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

No?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Dawgstar posted:

I will assume Whirl is off somewhere wanting to be invited but thinks he isn't allowed to ask and will suddenly break into the panel anyway in a little bit.

most likely. i missed out on most of the early mmc lost light guys so im short a whirl and a tailgate

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Robot Style posted:

Getting real sofubi/baby godzilla vibes off that noggin of whatever that is

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Is that a Happy Meal toy?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yes

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

It's the creatively named "Panther" from the old Beast Wars happy meals, though it was originally designed with another identity in mind:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Robot Style posted:

I love my tiny hosed up cat!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
TBH, If we got a wave that was just redecos of Kingdom figures as those Happy Meal toys I'd be through the moon.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Got the first bit of my House of Fraser preorder through, got Doubledealer as the leader class. The box is hosed but he looks like a very decent lad for half price. Still waiting on my Sky Lynx, though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DigitalRaven posted:

Got the first bit of my House of Fraser preorder through, got Doubledealer as the leader class. The box is hosed but he looks like a very decent lad for half price. Still waiting on my Sky Lynx, though.

Same, I got DD too (I was hoping for OP tho) and ER Starscream but I wasn’t expecting them to send them in bags. There’s a couple of dings but nothing major. I really hope they don’t send Sky Lynx in a bag too. :/

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

So, that Gavin Spence video made me aware of the Legends Convobat. Think I’ll have to hunt one down somehow for my birthday next month.

I’ve been waiting for a decent version of Bat Primal, and little did I know that they had one in Japan as a Titans Return Mindwipe recolor with a new headmaster. I didn’t even know his official name is Convobat!

If anyone has any leads, let me know. Totally fine with it being loose, and the gator Megatron headmaster would be a big plus for my Skullcruncher, but not necessary.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Open Marriage Night posted:

So, that Gavin Spence video made me aware of the Legends Convobat.

Yeah, it’s a really nice colour scheme.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I feel obligated to warn people away from the Mindwipe mold because it's a ticking time bomb.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

What’s wrong with it? I got the G1 style reissue.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Apparently the material in the wings makes it prone to cracking along the hinges after a few years. It may have been fixed for the reissue, but it'll be a while before anyone knows for sure.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Robot Style posted:

Apparently the material in the wings makes it prone to cracking along the hinges after a few years. It may have been fixed for the reissue, but it'll be a while before anyone knows for sure.

My TR version does not have this problem if some random anecdotal testimony helps.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

The_Doctor posted:

Same, I got DD too (I was hoping for OP tho) and ER Starscream but I wasn’t expecting them to send them in bags. There’s a couple of dings but nothing major. I really hope they don’t send Sky Lynx in a bag too. :/

I got told mine is on its way but then actually it'll be another 48 hours. I wonder if they've had complaints over terrible packaging and have dialled back the deliveries...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Yeah, the plasticizer in the soft plastic leaks and reacts with the hard plastic around the hinges and causes hardening and cracks where they touch.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Transformers will always be self destructive

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Is Threeandup a reputable site? Saw they have a Convobat for $89.99. That’s really steep for a Transformer to me, but the character is right up there with Nemesis Prime as a favorite of mine. It’s like Optimus Prime crossed with Batman.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

DoctorWhat posted:

Yeah, the plasticizer in the soft plastic leaks and reacts with the hard plastic around the hinges and causes hardening and cracks where they touch.
So that's why Krok glued his own mouth shut...

ETA: if you have access to a Poundland/Dealz then they have these guys in for €1.50 each. Grimlock is extremely :3:

Arquinsiel fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 12, 2021

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i ordered the skylynx too but have not heard anything about him being shipped at all.

fans toys are releasing their soundwave finally but under a new company called robot paradise

it looks nice but i don't really see what it does over takara's masterpiece soundwave. i've knocked a bunch of the MP line toys before, but i think the soundwave and mp-36 megatron are about perfect. the fans toys rumble and frenzy are nicer though:

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

Is Threeandup a reputable site? Saw they have a Convobat for $89.99. That’s really steep for a Transformer to me, but the character is right up there with Nemesis Prime as a favorite of mine. It’s like Optimus Prime crossed with Batman.

agesthreeandup.com? Yep, I've bought from them now and then over the years, good Canadian shop.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Soundwave is an all time great design

What a perfect robot man

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Oops. Never mind. Didn’t tell me it was sold out until I hit add to cart. Definitely not paying $100+ on EBay.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

it looks nice but i don't really see what it does over takara's masterpiece soundwave. i've knocked a bunch of the MP line toys before, but i think the soundwave and mp-36 megatron are about perfect. the fans toys rumble and frenzy are nicer though:

Proportions and details are much, much more accurate to the show version, that's about it. It's a cleaner figure than the MP by far, but is that worth the price of a third party MP figure to you, is the question.

I have to admit I am equally impressed and repulsed by the evil genius tactic of making the pack-in cassette Frenzy, so that anyone who wants a cassette bot they actually like has to buy the extra pack.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Fans toys Soundwave also does a funny/weird cheat, iirc - more of the chest than just the actual window folds forward, meaning that the cassette bots can be significantly larger, leading to more in-scale robot modes at the cost of totally beefing the iconic moment of ejection.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Yeah it does do that. An odd choice, but maybe worth the tradeoff for the better cassette bot scale. I don't display mine in ejection process so it doesn't really bother me. The eject thing is so iconic I can definitely see it being a dealbreaker for some, though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Keldroc posted:

Proportions and details are much, much more accurate to the show version, that's about it. It's a cleaner figure than the MP by far, but is that worth the price of a third party MP figure to you, is the question.

I have to admit I am equally impressed and repulsed by the evil genius tactic of making the pack-in cassette Frenzy, so that anyone who wants a cassette bot they actually like has to buy the extra pack.

No, it comes with Rumble.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Oops. Never mind. Didn’t tell me it was sold out until I hit add to cart. Definitely not paying $100+ on EBay.

I really wish I had preordered that, I really just want the Megalligator head but I've never seen a loose one and the prices are insane.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I didn’t start collecting until 2019, so I missed my chance. The last action figures I bought before. 35th anniversary Optimus Prime, and the Tomy Mall Nemesis Prime, were the Ed McGuiness Superman/Batman from like 2002.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

No, it comes with Rumble.

For such an old fandom chestnut it's a little surprising none of the media (to my knowledge) have used this as an in-joke by now.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Keldroc posted:

Don't Soundwaves usually ship with Buzzsaw? That's even worse

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In the US MP Soundwave shipped with everyone except Ratbat.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I'm annoyed that there isn't a War for Cybertron 2-pack with Buzzsaw and Rumble Frenzy. The only way to get Frenzy is in a limited edition 4 pack with 3 repaints I don't want, and they never made a Buzzsaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

WFC Laserbeak and Ravage are gang-molded together. So for every Buzzsaw they make there'll be a weird partially-yellow Ravage that they have to sell or throw away.