Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I mean, Omega, who wasn't even involved with the planning or the execution of the segment, called up some fan in his best Jim Cornette voice and convinced him to jump the rails. This is on top of putting his own segments together, doing executive QA on the game project, scheduling his dates, drafting harrassing subtweets to Jim Cornette and polishing his belts. Busy guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

coconono posted:

yeah I mean, Omega, who wasn't even involved with the planning or the execution of the segment, called up some fan in his best Jim Cornette voice and convinced him to jump the rails. This is on top of putting his own segments together, doing executive QA on the game project, scheduling his dates, drafting harrassing subtweets to Jim Cornette and polishing his belts. Busy guy.

They're implying the guy was a false flag.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I, admittedly, hadn't heard anything about the Don Callis allegation and chalked it up as another CAnon made-up thing. How serious is the accusation?

Scuttlebutt is that Don’s the Impact executive they needed to bring an outside HR Firm in to investigate an executive for sexual harassment accusations.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I, admittedly, hadn't heard anything about the Don Callis allegation and chalked it up as another CAnon made-up thing. How serious is the accusation?
I have to be very careful here, but at this point it's being shouted so loud—with Brian having also referenced having the emails at the center of it in the past, making it obvious what existing story he's referring to—that I'd rather provide whatever information I can than not try to explain it at all.

First there was this: https://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/wwe/exclusive-impact-investigation-involving-work-place-sexual-harassment

Fightful independently confirmed it: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/report-impact-wrestling-official-investigated-sexual-harassment

Then Kris Levin got permission from the accuser(s) to give this interview explaining how he was seemingly aced out of his Impact refereeing gig for giving an interview to the "outside HR expert/investigator" that favored the accuser's case, which also includes some extra details I was able to provide: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/06/kris-levin-questions-legitimacy-of-recent-impact-wrestling-671970/

What I guess I can add now is that there are a lot of people in and around wrestling who have seen the key emails to the "HR investigator" with the accusations. (At one point, I think there were a lot less, because I was being pointed to privately as someone who could give the lay of the land to people in Impact who wanted to know the score.) But without the involvement of the accuser(s), my hands are tied reporting-wise, both in general and because the vast majority of the accusations would be difficult to relay without the accuser's identity being obvious. And regardless of who was or wasn't accused, it was Callis's (and D'Amore's) shop where this went on and seemingly swept under the rug.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Cult leaders get a little territorial around each other.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vince MechMahon posted:

They're implying the guy was a false flag.

and I'm implying they're a goddamn moron for even considering it was nothing more than some cornpilled idiot jumping the railing.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Nick Jr. Face posted:

If he was arrested he was only detained for a short time because he spent the following day tweeting and retweeting how not-owned he is

I mean he didn't actually do much. He jumped the barricade, yelled a bit, and was instantly owned by Justin Roberts. Bonding out he'd be on the street in a couple hours. Assuming he doesn't have priors (which isn't a safe assumption) he'll prolly only get community service, maybe probation or a short stint in min tier pen.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
They may not have pressed charges until they saw how batshit his social media was.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Zombie Lemur posted:

They may not have pressed charges until they saw how batshit his social media was.

Yeah, something like

"I'm sorry, my excitement got the better of me"

"okay, well if you promise not to do it again we won't press charges"

"YEEAH, THIS IS A REVOLUTION!"

"All right, so we're pressing charges"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yelling "Look at me, Jimmy! It's all for you!" while I dive off the cage onto the Spanish announce table.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

lmao this dude really thought if he jumped the rail at AEW he'd get invited to the hot tub huh

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Jim cornette once again proven to be wrong. Not only are todays wrestlers tougher than in the past, this whole thing shows that now even the announcers are tough enough to beat the poo poo out of a fan. The wrestlers dont even have to dirty their hands roughing up marks anymore.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

didnt cornette once dome and old lady with his tennis racket

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That reminds me of this time at my local indy where some dude jumped the rail, and the little weasel manager beat the poo poo out of him. "Helpful hint, we're trained at the same place as the wrestlers"

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

5'6" Brian Hildebrand booting a big drunk dude in the face and choking him out comes to mind.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Gary Hart would have just sliced them up with a straight razor.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's always funny to think about the threats he makes constantly about kicking wrestlers asses

I'd love to see one of the world's best athletes just whip on a weak fat old man who can't shut the gently caress up

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

It's always funny to think about the threats he makes constantly about kicking wrestlers asses

I'd love to see one of the world's best athletes just whip on a weak fat old man who can't shut the gently caress up

santino almost got the chance but cornette either ran to security or called the cops, i can't remember which

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Mulaney Power Move posted:

didnt cornette once dome and old lady with his tennis racket

He watched his old lady dome someone else

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

JUNGLE BOY posted:

He watched his old lady dome someone else

Welp!

Loving the new thread title.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cornette toured places where electricity, clean water and telephone service wasn't guaranteed. Higher than average infant mortality rates. So your diceroll on dipshit fans also includes Brings A Gun, Steals Cars and personal favorite: Elaborate Family Vendetta

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

places where the loving dairy queen thinks you're the loving joke van when you put in a god drat order

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cavauro posted:

what if cornette walks out at the ppv just like hulk hogan at bash at the beach. the ref is out cold and it's the bucks vs FTR for the tag team titles. he's got his sights set on hitting those mud show cosplayers in the head. but he takes a big swing and clocks dash harwood in the noggin. the ref wakes up to count the pinfall and cornette and the young bucks celebrate as the biggest heels in history. just kidding. jim cornette go to prison for attempted murder and whatever the charge is for intimidating employees to have sex with someone else. god bless you posters

This is funny because Matt & Nick claim Jim approached them about managing them in PWG for mega heat but Jim had said some pretty vile poo poo about the Bucks' families so they told him to kick rocks

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
As I go through 2004 ROH again I keep thinking about what a shame it is that Cornette is the way he is. If he were open minded he'd maybe be less racist, but he could also be a really beloved figure in non WWE wrestling. The angles he does with the Midnight Express and Heenan are a lot of fun. But as he starts to really lose his mind in the aughts he becomes this sad shell of himself... and more of a bigot.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

As I go through 2004 ROH again I keep thinking about what a shame it is that Cornette is the way he is. If he were open minded he'd maybe be less racist, but he could also be a really beloved figure in non WWE wrestling. The angles he does with the Midnight Express and Heenan are a lot of fun. But as he starts to really lose his mind in the aughts he becomes this sad shell of himself... and more of a bigot.

Yeah. Him managing the Bucks is actually a great fit in a vacuum, because they're essentially the Midnight Express, just updated stylistically.

They also could have had Jim manage FTR, get pissed when they bail to join up with Tully in the Pinnacle, and have him manage one of the zillion quality teams in the company for a feud.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 12, 2021

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Jim Cornett should manage to eat poo poo and die

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
tag team wrestling is back and he's not allowed to be involved in any part of it

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Hell AEW probably wouldn’t have minded paying him to show up and wave his racket around but he’s so committed to burning bridges.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

This is funny because Matt & Nick claim Jim approached them about managing them in PWG for mega heat but Jim had said some pretty vile poo poo about the Bucks' families so they told him to kick rocks

That story always sticks in my mind because they claim Jim came to them like everything was a big work that they were all in on.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

That story always sticks in my mind because they claim Jim came to them like everything was a big work that they were all in on.

If we assume their story is true, it's not hard to believe an old carny like Jim would try to make money off of the situation

I'm pretty sure he tried to get some indy to do a Russo vs Cornette debate

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Gumball Gumption posted:

I do wonder how much of his behavior can be explained by his brain being broken enough that he thinks it's all part of the show.

Hustlers of the world, there is one mark you cannot beat: the mark inside.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

In case anyone was curious, Cornette is doing the "both sides" about the fan jumping the barricade incident.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Lol so much for Jim's condemnation of the guy.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Russo was the one who wanted the debate

Russo kinda dropped that once Jim started threatening him so hard he got a restraining order

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It really shows how much things have changed when people used to think that the Dairy Queen story was a hilarious story of ownage when he first used to tell it, but now everyone just sees it as some loud misogynistic idiot screaming at a minimum wage employee.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It really shows how much things have changed when people used to think that the Dairy Queen story was a hilarious story of ownage when he first used to tell it, but now everyone just sees it as some loud misogynistic idiot screaming at a minimum wage employee.

Having worked at fast food as my first job I always saw it as that. :smug:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Oh, so did I, but in general it seems the opinion has changed.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

and it was a conscious choice too. No one could reign Cornette in, so pretty much any place of note cut bait with him once they realized this. Say what you want about Russo but I don't think I've ever heard a story of him going into a screaming and cursing tirade over an angle not going down how he imagined it.

You can't make money with heat machines that can't turn off. Particularly ones that get violent, racist or misogynistic. One of the reasons Delirious Era ROH sucked so hard was they had to waste time untangling whatever bloodfeud Cornette and some office type got wrapped up in.

People can blubber about freespeech or the way things were all they want. Meanwhile the rest of the industry has dates and houses to fill.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It kinda comes back to that quote from (I think) Nash about everyone calling it 'the business' but the old guys get mad when you treat it as one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Imagine being so big of a sociopath that you make people have sympathy for Vince Russo

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 12, 2021