Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
That's a great scheme. I think the High Warden is one of my favourite models in the Lumineth range (although there are a ton I like). Pretty nice that our champions are really great. I'm finishing up some sentinels and pretty excited to tackle the High Sentinel and her Bird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
One of my friends brought two Dominion boxes, and I wasn't in the mood for more models to try and store but I happily took a core book from him for £10. Now I'm looking through it and thinking "ah, this new Path to Glory system looks good" and also going "oh no I want to start a new army to do a Dawnbringer Crusade/Path to Glory with it". It'd probably be better used as an excuse to expand my Deepkin, but I caught myself looking at the Realmlords models and thinking "two boxes of hammer boys, a mage and a battle cow is a 750 point list..."

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I went to pick up my Dominion box and apparently, the owner of my FLGS got 50 boxes and already sold 30 in just preorders and another 10 from people coming to the store, not bad for a store in a third-world country. I can't wait to start teaching people to play.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Need those additional Orruk units quick. The Dominion box only has one Battleline unit

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Beerdeer posted:

Need those additional Orruk units quick. The Dominion box only has one Battleline unit

Yeah im trying to put together lists to tool around with until the real kits come out but having to shove in gutrippaz units to fill out the battleline before doing anything else really restricts list building. Ive pretty much given up on using hobgrots for now.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
a bit surprised they didn't do a separate box a la recruit/elite edition for cheap extra troops like 40k

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Recruit/elite/command edition came after Indomitus was already out. I imagine they're coming.
E: though my hazy memory is saying they were announced after indomitus' initial preorders but before it released so maybe another covid delay.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jul 8, 2021

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Beerdeer posted:

wouldn't it be possible to take Orruk Brutes as Battleline allies or can they only be pushed together as such in a Big Waagh?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Unclear at the moment because the Orruk book isn't out yet and the FAQ on the Orruks is probably the most lacking one.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

DLC Inc posted:

wouldn't it be possible to take Orruk Brutes as Battleline allies or can they only be pushed together as such in a Big Waagh?

as of right now you can only do that in Big Waaagh and if you do so you lose the Kruleboy allegiance ability of doing mortals on sixes, luckily the book and a ton of new kits are coming out next month but until that happens its gonna be super awkward to put your kruleboyz on the actual table

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AnEdgelord posted:

as of right now you can only do that in Big Waaagh and if you do so you lose the Kruleboy allegiance ability of doing mortals on sixes, luckily the book and a ton of new kits are coming out next month but until that happens its gonna be super awkward to put your kruleboyz on the actual table

ah ok, makes sense. fine by me since I probably won't be done painting all of these by the time the battleline kruleboys are out. weird that hobgrots aren't battleline; they seem like easy cuts for armies that want more of the crossbow orruks.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I played a buddy with proxied Kruleboyz a few weeks ago and he used their allegiance ability along with Big Waaagh, was that not right?

I got my clock cleaned regardless lol, that many mortal wounds barely need any support other than the pretty decent generics

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

DLC Inc posted:

ah ok, makes sense. fine by me since I probably won't be done painting all of these by the time the battleline kruleboys are out. weird that hobgrots aren't battleline; they seem like easy cuts for armies that want more of the crossbow orruks.

I imagine there will be a way to make them battleline or do more when the tome comes out.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Deified Data posted:

I played a buddy with proxied Kruleboyz a few weeks ago and he used their allegiance ability along with Big Waaagh, was that not right?

I got my clock cleaned regardless lol, that many mortal wounds barely need any support other than the pretty decent generics

to the best of my knowledge Kruleboyz is a separate allegiance from Big Waaagh so you shouldn't be able to get both allegiance abilties at the same time just like how you don't get Ironjawz or Bonesplitterz allegiance abilities either

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AnEdgelord posted:

to the best of my knowledge Kruleboyz is a separate allegiance from Big Waaagh so you shouldn't be able to get both allegiance abilties at the same time just like how you don't get Ironjawz or Bonesplitterz allegiance abilities either

Apparently that will change come the new book.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

Apparently that will change come the new book.

good, the poison magically disappearing from the Kruleboyz weapons doesn't make much sense and its doubly awkward because the shaman (and apparently the komodo dragon monster) both have abilities that specifically interact with it

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AnEdgelord posted:

good, the poison magically disappearing from the Kruleboyz weapons doesn't make much sense and its doubly awkward because the shaman (and apparently the komodo dragon monster) both have abilities that specifically interact with it

Yeah one of the early articles said that the Kruelboyz will keep their poison weapons even in the Big Waagh.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Big Waaagh is sounding so good that I'm honestly mostly worried that all the mono-allegiance lists are going to be too crappy to bother with.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Are the hobgrots much worse ruleswise? I've been looking at the second hand market for gutrippaz, which I could use for my WHFB army, and noticed that the hobgrots are selling at like, half the price of gutrippaz.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It's hard to consider lovely swarm units much good compared to Skinks, but I think even outside of that they don't have much going on.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Hobgrots are so bad that a lot of people were shocked they didn't get errata'd in the FAQs GW just did. I'd have to imagine that they'll be getting reworked as soon as the new Orruk book drops, though.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
I love them...my gf and I are painting them in Bokoblin colors...

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
If their grenades did extra damage or something (and they got the right keywords) then they'd synergise with the Kruleboyz trait better and also be thematic, but that could get REALLY oppressive.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I had a good time with Hobgrots last night, but their only real enemy was equally-crappy Ungors.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Got my copy of Dominion in the mail :toot:

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

If I get hit by rend -1, but I have +2 to my save, do I...

a) Get an unmodified save roll because saves cannot be modified by +1, and this is enforced before the rend modifier.

b) Get a +1 to my save because the save modifiers are totaled up simultaneously and do not exceed +1.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Pluses to your save affect the rend score before the +1 cap is invoked. So, if you were hit by -1, but had for example, a modified +3 save: the rend would reduce it to a +2 effect, then the cap kicks in, and you get the +1 bonus to your save. The cap only limits the final bonus you'd get added/subtracted from the dice roll, all the effects up until that point are calculated together normally.

Desfore fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Jul 12, 2021

Dreamerdeceiver52
Nov 11, 2007

Any fellow Sons of Behemat in the thread? I've got 4 Mega-Gargants done and 6 Mancrushers done, with another 3 Mancrushers on the way.

Have only played one game of 3.0 so far, but I like the direction GW seems to be going in - toning down the rerolls, more interactivity is great, only thing I don't like so far is the Unleash Hell CA.

Dreamerdeceiver52 fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jul 12, 2021

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

So that’s what a thousand dollars in plastic looks like.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Dreamerdeceiver52 posted:

Any fellow Sons of Behemat in the thread?

I wish! They would go very well with my Ironjawz.

But I can't ...

Mors Rattus posted:

... because this. :(

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

So trying to do some list building, and my guess is that this edition is going to have the same issues 40k did with detachments in that tons of them are effectively taxes.

E.g. I to run Kroak, but couldn't because I needed to run 2 Leader taxes instead to make up a Warlord detachment.

Factions with cheap leaders who can hang back are going to be good this edition.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
I went all-in with a list I want to try.

Kragnos + Megaboss on Maw-Crusha, a Warchanter and a bunch of 'Ardboyz.

My idea is to use the Bloodtoof Warclan artefact that gives the Megaboss as a free, once a game, undispellable teleport. I'll teleport Kragnos right into the other guy's army. He'll have no choice but to hit him, and then suffer AoE mortal wounds in every single game phase. While I use the Boyz to hold objectives. I have no idea how that's going to play out but it'll be hilarious.

Dreamerdeceiver52
Nov 11, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

That's all recent GW armies these days :v:

I definitely didn't spend full RRP but having said that, there's a few decent and much cheaper alternatives getting around. The Mantic Giant looks pretty good, same with some of the Mierce Miniature resin minis. I do a lot of gaming at my local GW store, so went with the GW minis :shrug:

Dreamerdeceiver52 fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jul 14, 2021

Dreamerdeceiver52
Nov 11, 2007

Furism posted:

I went all-in with a list I want to try.

Kragnos + Megaboss on Maw-Crusha, a Warchanter and a bunch of 'Ardboyz.

My idea is to use the Bloodtoof Warclan artefact that gives the Megaboss as a free, once a game, undispellable teleport. I'll teleport Kragnos right into the other guy's army. He'll have no choice but to hit him, and then suffer AoE mortal wounds in every single game phase. While I use the Boyz to hold objectives. I have no idea how that's going to play out but it'll be hilarious.

That is baller - just one thing, does the new Kragnos FAQ allow Kragnos to receive the spell, despite not having the Ironjawz keyword?

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Eediot Jedi posted:

Recruit/elite/command edition came after Indomitus was already out. I imagine they're coming.
E: though my hazy memory is saying they were announced after indomitus' initial preorders but before it released so maybe another covid delay.

Oh hey there we go.

More cheap(?) gutrippaz and vindicators.

and then the addon tier is praetors (yay) vs hobgrots (oof) but you do get another shaman.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Oh nice, the Extremis set has some scenery.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

What's the Extremis set?

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Dreamerdeceiver52 posted:

That is baller - just one thing, does the new Kragnos FAQ allow Kragnos to receive the spell, despite not having the Ironjawz keyword?

You scared me for a second so I went and checked and poo poo, the spell itself says you can only cast it on friendly Ironjawz. poo poo, I really liked that idea.

Maybe if I paint Kragnos yellow...

E: Which, honestly, doesn't make much sense lore-wise to me. So I can't TP Kruelboyz or Troggoth or Squids around? I could understand if it's limited to Destruction, and possibly not Monsters, but specifically to Ironjawz doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Furism fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 12, 2021

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I think it's down to whether Kragnos gets the Warmaster trait from the FAQs, in the same way Nagash gets appropriate keywords based on what army you take him in from that.

e: Overall though, I'd suggest just waiting a month to see what Ironjawz magic looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

moths posted:

What's the Extremis set?

This one: