Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The MSJ posted:

On sale now: What if Dark Souls is clunkier but you play as and dress up a succubus with big tits?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1213740/She_Will_Punish_Them/

Can you really remaster a game that's not even out in its final release yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

Can you really remaster a game that's not even out in its final release yet?

Star Citizen would like a word

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

The MSJ posted:

On sale now: What if Dark Souls is clunkier but you play as and dress up a succubus with big tits?

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I don't think this game contains any sex and I'm not even sure it has actual nudity. LAME!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

ErrEff posted:

I don't think this game contains any sex and I'm not even sure it has actual nudity. LAME!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
That lady badly needs some pumice, and I doubt that bathing in all that motor oil is great for her pores either.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Discendo Vox posted:

That lady badly needs some pumice, and I doubt that bathing in all that motor oil is great for her pores either.

Maybe motor oil is good for demon skin you don't know.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I think that's actually a mattress or something. There's no signs she's in it and not on it.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Whatever it is, I hate it

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

FoolyCharged posted:

I think that's actually a mattress or something. There's no signs she's in it and not on it.

It's a bathtub.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

And nothing said it's filled with liquid. Not a ripple in sight: it's smooth and shiny as glass.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Climbing the top sellers list + almost 10K concurrent on a Monday morning lol.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i believe that the number one top seller is the $1,000 vr dev kit.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

b_d posted:

i believe that the number one top seller is the $1,000 vr dev kit.

Top sellers are based on revenue, not units sold.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
the people are horny, dammit

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
So anyway, She Will Punish Them is on my wishlist.

I also saw this guy show up on the Featured and Recommend showcase on the store page. Lol.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/772730/Angel_Light_The_Elven_Truce/

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm wondering more about why Powerwash Simulator is still that high on the list when it's been out for a while as a flavour of the month and really should be gone by now. It's janky and not much fun, unlike similar games like House Flipper.

Also, there's another succubus game coming out soon but I obviously can't post about it even if it's so tame it's coming to Playstation.

E:

Lodin fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 12, 2021

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lodin posted:

Also, there's another succubus game coming out soon but I obviously can't post about it even if it's so tame it's coming to Playstation.

smh at this oppressive, anti-Demon Girl regime!!!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, I'll risk the wrath of the mods since this trailer is technically censored. I wouldn't watch it at work, but there's also none of that stuff my avatar text mentions.
All in all it just seems lame and has none of the good horror from Agony since it's now just a stupid beat em up. I've played the demos and it's just not fun. Shan't be buying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9dodK1xWmo

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The MSJ posted:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
...."good horror of Agony"????????

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I perk up a bit every time I see Agony mentioned, then I just get disappointed that it's nothing to do with the ancient Psygnosis game :smith:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

:nice:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Meme Poker Party posted:

Climbing the top sellers list + almost 10K concurrent on a Monday morning lol.

This is the main page of browser Steam today (not logged in):

:nice:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Looks like the people have spoken. Game is good, actually???

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Meme Poker Party posted:

Looks like the people have spoken. Game is good, actually???

They've spoken alright, but not out of their mouths.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

The sudden popularity of that game is mystifying to me partly because it's been in early access for a while and still is, and partly because it looks like rear end. That said, maybe it's because the gameplay does actually look halfway competent (emphasis on halfway), and people are really jonesing for a soulslike roguelite you can jack it to?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'm sure the gameplay is trash. It is all about pale demon rear end and titties, and loving/sucking and maybe a little torture on the side, as a treat

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Rotten Red Rod posted:

it looks like rear end
Well, I mean,

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
who doesn't love dressup and base decorating though

this is probably why i play so much tower unite

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Light Gun Man posted:

who doesn't love dressup and base decorating though

this is probably why i play so much tower unite

People already love dress up so much in Dark Souls that "Fashion Souls" became a whole meme.

Should've just given Dark Souls a "lingerie and home decoration" DLC instead. Big missed opportunity imo.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

*light bulb comes on* Dead or Alive Xtreme Decaying Kingdom Adventure

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
There, um, is a modpack for Skyrim SE that basically turns it into a Souls-Like but in the Skyrim engine, with dodging, blocking and parrying that work pretty well. It also comes with a ton of body mods, custom armor and yeah, also sex mods.

But I don't think people buying She Will Punish Them are looking for compelling gameplay. Or they're already bored with all those Skyrim mods and want something different.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

King Vidiot posted:

But I don't think people buying She Will Punish Them are looking for compelling gameplay.

to be fair, neither are Skyrim players.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

So is this like huniepop where droves of nerds are buying it "ironically" to "hate" on it?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

No it seems weirdly genuine. There are a lot of "are ya winning son" ASCII art reviews, but most of them are from people who actually did play the game for 6+ hours. Again I'm wondering what exactly caused it's sudden popularity - did some big steamer play it recently?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Rotten Red Rod posted:

No it seems weirdly genuine. There are a lot of "are ya winning son" ASCII art reviews, but most of them are from people who actually did play the game for 6+ hours. Again I'm wondering what exactly caused it's sudden popularity - did some big steamer play it recently?

From what I can tell it was a project in development at some studio which closed down many months ago, and the game was presumed dead. But apparently two enterprising individuals, possibly former developers at the studio, acquired it and starting things back up. One of the first things they did was give it a graphics overhaul and, because they are russians or something, called that an "HD Remaster", oblivious to what that implies to an English speaker. They've been toiling away spitting out updates since.

So basically it was a complete dead in the water project which received an unexpected restart recently.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

what does HD Remaster imply beyond a graphics overhaul?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

It commonly refers to a game that was previously released being reworked to upgrade the graphics for a new release, not something stalled in development that someone decided to put more work into before releasing for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I played that Succubus game demo. Weird that a game where the selling point is dressing up and customising the body of a naked succubus (customisation unavailable in demo) is in first person. You only see her when she's climbing or at her base when she sleeps of bathes (while rubbing two bugs on her body) while the camera slowly circle around her. There's no apparent benefit to sleeping or bathing, it's all for T&A. The game plays like Doom 2016, because you stun enemies before executing them, and Dark Messiah, because you get to kick enemies into spikes and off cliffs. That part was fun at least. What's not fun is the stuttering, and at one point you gain health by kicking a chained-up pregnant woman and then pulling out her fetus to snap its neck. Sorry for burying the lede there.