Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i want a sub-series where liz explains the plot of every f&f movie to brace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
"what a cute dog!!! Does he bite?"

"Uhhhhh"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lol Brace called himself "Brace Moses" at the end

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lmao I had no idea Finkelstein would call up to whatever radio show Joan Peters was appearing on to promote From Time Immemorial. What a legend.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I still say that Elysium ages better than most, it's one of the few movies where special forces operators are depicted as little more than disgusting monsters. Sharto Copley is once again brilliant in his role. It's appropriate that their final act in the film would be to attempt a coup on the society that fostered their psychopathy. And the good guys in that film would be the villains of any other Hollywood propaganda movie.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Spider, the Latino hacker/'gang leader' is the hero. Max is just some doofus who was eventually made to do something selfless when no options remained for saving himself above others. Good movie. I always loved seeing the James Cameron film references laden throughout Neil Blomkamp's films, too. The PIN-hacking machine is running a program identical to John Connor's little tool in T2. The year's the same as Avatar's. Drake(y) and Crowe are, obviously, cribbed handles from Aliens. Love it.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Phobophilia posted:

I still say that Elysium ages better than most, it's one of the few movies where special forces operators are depicted as little more than disgusting monsters. Sharto Copley is once again brilliant in his role. It's appropriate that their final act in the film would be to attempt a coup on the society that fostered their psychopathy. And the good guys in that film would be the villains of any other Hollywood propaganda movie.
strange how the south african guy keeps making movies about an exploitive race-based ruling class supported by hordes of murder psychos for hire.

wonder what’s up with that coincidence

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
All gas no brace

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

It’s musk time! gently caress yeah, let’s go. I’ve got high expectations for this one

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It’s musk time! gently caress yeah, let’s go. I’ve got high expectations for this one

financial advice

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1406751748836888579

Ain't no way Brace hasn't inherited the Reality Stone and is going to make this happen, soon.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

HashtagGirlboss posted:

it's ok so far but they haven't got to any of the main course yet

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I really appreciate the appropriate amount of loathing & disgust Brace has for Chiropractic “medicine”

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Tesla series was A+ poo poo, pretty much confirmed my suspicion that as they said, it is a fake company that doesn't make any money and barely makes cars. Holy gently caress that they let it be listed on the S&P 500 too, get that poo poo out of there before it implodes the entire world economy.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Did Brace & Liz do an episode about Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos? Very similar “this is so obviously a scam” vibes.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Someone uploaded an old Chapo clip from when Theranos started to collapse and it's funny having Will ask Noah Kulwin if Homles's voice is fake because when Theranos was on the rise I felt like I was on crazy pills because nobody mentioned it and it was so obvious to me.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Did they release the Elon Musk theme song?

Also the Mac Dre episode is pretty good, but I don't know much about the bay area, or the hyphee movement.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Cached Money posted:

Tesla series was A+ poo poo, pretty much confirmed my suspicion that as they said, it is a fake company that doesn't make any money and barely makes cars. Holy gently caress that they let it be listed on the S&P 500 too, get that poo poo out of there before it implodes the entire world economy.
my brother was really excited about the autopilot thing and preordered a model 3.

then lol car arrived without any coolant in it whatsoever, he had to drive over four hours to find a “dealership” to diagnose the ticking time bomb of a cooling system, he found out that “autopilot” is a dangerous, untrustworthy mess, and like my friend liz said, there just aren’t enough superchargers to take a long road trip, and the ones that do exist are always slammed, so you might wait over an hour just to get a place to charge up.

he’s about to sell it and buy a prius or some other hybrid

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

TenementFunster posted:

my brother was really excited about the autopilot thing and preordered a model 3.

then lol car arrived without any coolant in it whatsoever, he had to drive over four hours to find a “dealership” to diagnose the ticking time bomb of a cooling system, he found out that “autopilot” is a dangerous, untrustworthy mess, and like my friend liz said, there just aren’t enough superchargers to take a long road trip, and the ones that do exist are always slammed, so you might wait over an hour just to get a place to charge up.

he’s about to sell it and buy a prius or some other hybrid

gently caress a Prius, they are dreadful, get a Mercedes hybrid, it's probably even cheaper than a muskmobile.

Edit: also regarding autopilot, most newer good cars have some driving assist stuff that works great and they also explicitly tell you it's just assisting you, not driving for you. Rented a Volvo V90 last summer for a long drive and the lane assist and radar cruise control made highway grinding so much more pleasant.

Cached Money fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jul 3, 2021

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i've almost finished the 2nd musk episode and idk if it's because i've been tracking his shittyness since early days, but these are too long imo.

edit: i was going to say i'm close to end of part 3 but there's still 25 minutes left lmao. part 3 and the end of part 2 is better.

crepeface fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jul 6, 2021

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

it’s so funny that there are apparently people in this thread and presumably elsewhere who both listen to trueanon and also unironically believe the official jfk story/chaos is “cia fanfiction”

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Mandrel posted:

it’s so funny that there are apparently people in this thread and presumably elsewhere who both listen to trueanon and also unironically believe the official jfk story/chaos is “cia fanfiction”

I was on the grassy knoll

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mandrel posted:

I don't see why that's inconsistent even as someone who does "believe" the "official story".

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Mandrel posted:

I can't tell what you think about JFK's assassination from this post

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
yeah I have no idea what that means. wouldn't people who listen to true anon be more likely to think the assassination was an op, cia or otherwise

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Jackie killed JFK with one of those wrist guns like in inglorious Basterds

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I remain convinced JFK shot himself in his hotel room that morning for whatever reason and everything that followed was an elaborate cover-up to hide the fact that the first catholic president committed a mortal sin

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Mandrel posted:

Hell yeah, the 'dual nuts' story is for the fellas, like you and me

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

gay_crimes posted:

I can't tell what you think about JFK's assassination from this post
it’s absolutely impenetrable, unlike JFK’a head

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
When I say “the CIA killed JFK” I mean it the same way I mean “Bush did 9/11”, in that they absolutely could have stopped it from happening, but intervening would be at odds with their stated agenda and goals, so it’s more convenient to simply pretend not to know and do your best to make it look like you couldn’t have possibly known

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
i like the idea it was a plot to scare kennedy but hosed up because oswald was a much better shot than expected

ooorah!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

When I say “the CIA killed JFK” I mean it the same way I mean “Bush did 9/11”, in that they absolutely could have stopped it from happening, but intervening would be at odds with their stated agenda and goals, so it’s more convenient to simply pretend not to know and do your best to make it look like you couldn’t have possibly known

and/or that the cia funded, trained, and armed the people who orchestrated the attack/s?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I liked the old conspiracy theory about bin Laden being an American CIA agent named Tim Osman. Didn't have a lot of legs but the photoshops were funny.

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
Jfk was a hologram

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I like the theory that Obama and Osama are the same person.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Have we ever seen Jill Biden and Jackie Kennedy Onassis in the same room?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

RandomPauI posted:

Have we ever seen Jill Biden and Jackie Kennedy Onassis in the same room?

no no it's jill biden and brigitte macron

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 15, 2021

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
The bin Laden family and Osama Bin Laden specifically are/were 100% cia assets

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
what clued you in? strong family ties between them and the former cia director & fam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Danger posted:

The bin Laden family and Osama Bin Laden specifically are/were 100% cia assets

The conspiracy theory was that he was an American CIA agent named Tim Osman. It probably never gained legs because he was actually affiliated with the CIA in reality.