Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I've still never seen a bow billet drop. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tsyni posted:

No, you just got my drops for the week

Normally I get one of each of the boss materials or just two of them. This is kinda wild. I wonder if finally cracking open that free one they gave you during Klee's quest tripped something in the game.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Tanreall posted:

I've still never seen a bow billet drop. :negative:

I got two my first couple weeks doing bosses and none since. And its the only one I use, for Ganyu.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Decided I finally wanna get a Geo Team put together so I can make my boy Albedo take more of a central role in a setup. I don't have Zhongli and theoretically the other best option would be Ningguang buuuut I was thinking of putting some resources into Geo Traveler to pair with Albedo instead. Them both being melee synergizes a bit more plus Traveler has the 10% crit rate buff on his burst field to take advantage of. Plus Traveler is no slacker with the damage values on his stuff honestly.

More importantly the VAs for Aether & Albedo are goofy buds and it would be a shame not to use them together if I'm gonna make a Geo Team to try to make Albedo a carry.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

bows have the worst craftables so naturally that's the one i got up to r5 first

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I like those two with Noelle. GT's rocks ended up tilting me too much and I run Zhong instead these days but in a lot of ways GT is a better fit for a Noelle comp because she has her own shield and GT's orb generation is crazy.

dogsicle posted:

Imo that honor goes to catalysts. The new inazuma bow craftable is pretty awesome too.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Man what a difference the proper 4 star prototype archaic makes for Diluc already. The atk% multiplier alone is noticeable and I'm far from having it leveled up. Also realized now i can fight weekly bosses as many times as i want but just cant claim the treasure which i wish i knew before since now I've lost out on about 3.5k points or so this last battle pass. Next order of business is to start levelling sucrose and a refocus on getting some of those elemental buff four star artifacts i can now get and are supposedly among the best and levelling those and talents up. Hopefully really start to see some numbers creep up now that I've got everyone around level 60 in terms of weapons and the character's themselves.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
It's the only one I use as well and also on Ganyu. Will be interesting to see how the new crafted bow stacks up since prototype crescent is already a solid weapon.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Hi Genshin thread, I have two questions which should be fairly quick

First, I recently pulled three new characters. Rosaria, Kazuha, and Mona. What weapons and artifact sets do I want for them?

Second, I'm finally trying to do floors 11 and 12 of the abyss. Do the abyss herald and lector shields follow the same elemental weaknesses as fatui shields? If not, what's the best way to bust them?

Third, what's the best way to keep the HP on the target in 11-1 up, because I'm lucky if I can keep it >40%

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The new bow will be very nice for Childe or Yoimiya if you don't have rust. It'll certainly be proper (and honestly pretty crazy) for melt ganyu, for freeze ganyu crescent will probably be better if you're regularly headshotting as it buffs burst.

inthesto posted:

Hi Genshin thread, I have two questions which should be fairly quick

First, I recently pulled three new characters. Rosaria, Kazuha, and Mona. What weapons and artifact sets do I want for them?

Second, I'm finally trying to do floors 11 and 12 of the abyss. Do the abyss herald and lector shields follow the same elemental weaknesses as fatui shields? If not, what's the best way to bust them?

Third, what's the best way to keep the HP on the target in 11-1 up, because I'm lucky if I can keep it >40%
Rosaria:
If you have it around, 2BS 2Noblesse, but new Inazuma ER 4 piece will usually be better. If you're only playing her in freeze teams 4BS will be better than either.

Kazuha:
Always 4VV, you have to choose between EM build with iron sting or dps build with sacrifical sword/a five star sword. I like EM build better.

Mona:
New ER 4 piece set for sure.

Abyss heralds follow the logic of mage shields except electro seems extra garbage. You want cryo vs the hydro herald, pyro or cryo vs the electro lector. Swirling the counter element does INSANE shield damage but is a little finicky to do without Kazuha.

I don't have advice for the monolith unfortunately I just brute force it. The floor 11 swirl buffs are bananas and sucrose one team Kazuha the other team should down everything before much can happen.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 12, 2021

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

dogsicle posted:

It's definitely sword. The two sword craftables give phys damage % and EM. The only sword users who care about either stat are Physical Keqing and Kazuha. Phys Keqing is probably less popular than Electro Keqing while Kazuha literally just came out.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

No Wave posted:

Imo that honor goes to catalysts. The new inazuma bow craftable is pretty awesome too.

i like Proto Amber and Mappa Mare seems genetically useful especially now that EM is buffed. no feelings on Frostbearer and iirc the new one felt limited in users (granted we have two catalysts coming)

with bows it's just Compound sucking and Crescent mostly existing as a stat stick where the refine effect is conditional. i do like the new bow though.

Ultima66 posted:

It's definitely sword. The two sword craftables give phys damage % and EM. The only sword users who care about either stat are Physical Keqing and Kazuha. Phys Keqing is probably less popular than Electro Keqing while Kazuha literally just came out.

Jean, Kaeya, and Qiqi have phys builds as well. Anemo MC likes Sting and it's listed as a recommendation for Bennett carry due to melt i assume. they seem fine if uninspiring.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jul 12, 2021

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

dogsicle posted:

Lucky you, I've been playing since right after launch and even with the extra billets you get I haven't got enough to take a single "craftable" weapon up to R5.

Now that I found the weekly bosses have a kill count in the archive, I can see I've picked up one (1) claymore billet in 156 boss kills. I haven't picked up more than 2 of anything.

It's ridiculous, I'm afraid to make anything out of any of the ones I have left, I just had to use my billet trove to be able to make an R1 iron sting...stuff isn't nearly good enough to be flowing black silk sash rarity....

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

dogsicle posted:

I disagree with that. Prototype Crescent made Ganyu very F2P friendly. Otherwise, I only had Favonius for her as my only 4* bow.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Looking at the Inazuma craftables I hadn't read about yet, and the polearm looks nuts for burst support Xiangling. The claymore does the same thing but with a different substat (ER instead of EM). Might be good for Beidou and Xinyan.

Sword seems really niche but could be good a good battery for your Electraveler battery

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

No Wave posted:

The new bow will be very nice for Childe or Yoimiya if you don't have rust. It'll certainly be proper (and honestly pretty crazy) for melt ganyu, for freeze ganyu crescent will probably be better if you're regularly headshotting as it buffs burst.

Rosaria:
If you have it around, 2BS 2Noblesse, but new Inazuma ER 4 piece will usually be better. If you're only playing her in freeze teams 4BS will be better than either.

Kazuha:
Always 4VV, you have to choose between EM build with iron sting or dps build with sacrifical sword/a five star sword. I like EM build better.

Mona:
New ER 4 piece set for sure.

Abyss heralds follow the logic of mage shields except electro seems extra garbage. You want cryo vs the hydro herald, pyro or cryo vs the electro lector. Swirling the counter element does INSANE shield damage but is a little finicky to do without Kazuha.

I don't have advice for the monolith unfortunately I just brute force it. The floor 11 swirl buffs are bananas and sucrose one team Kazuha the other team should down everything before much can happen.

Thanks for the pointers. I still can't figure out how to bust the abyss herald/lector shields efficiently, but I managed to squeak it in under the buzzer thanks to Sucrose. Maybe I should have brought in a better shield buster than Diona for 11-3.2. I'll handle floor 12 tomorrow.

What weapon is best for Mona? I've got the Widsith, Dodoco Tales, Eye of Perception, and Sacrificial Fragments. My gut tells me that if I'm going to be playing support Mona, then it's Fragments.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

Looking at the Inazuma craftables I hadn't read about yet, and the polearm looks nuts for burst support Xiangling. The claymore does the same thing but with a different substat (ER instead of EM). Might be good for Beidou and Xinyan.

Sword seems really niche but could be good a good battery for your Electraveler battery
If the seeds persist off field it's honestly crazy strong. 36 energy refunded when you Kaeya ult. You wouldn't have to build ER at all on Bennett, incredible for geo traveler, and this is all with an atk substat. Jean wouldn't need festering at all, this would just be better. Ayaka it's less perfect due to her 10 second CD but still great. I'd make it R5 as soon as I could it's just too good (sadly I only have two sword billets so I'll be short one after Inazuma even if I open my trove).

inthesto posted:

Thanks for the pointers. I still can't figure out how to bust the abyss herald/lector shields efficiently, but I managed to squeak it in under the buzzer thanks to Sucrose. Maybe I should have brought in a better shield buster than Diona for 11-3.2. I'll handle floor 12 tomorrow.

What weapon is best for Mona? I've got the Widsith, Dodoco Tales, Eye of Perception, and Sacrificial Fragments. My gut tells me that if I'm going to be playing support Mona, then it's Fragments.
For support Mona the best 4* options are Widsith for damage or Favonious Codex for maximum omen uptime. I think you should go Widsith.

11-3-2 is very easy with cryo as it counters both elements. Not sure who you have built, but Chongyun is an easy way to turn your whole team into a counter.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 12, 2021

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Thundering Fury Bennett is the easiest way to cheese the heralds

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Tae posted:

Thundering Fury Bennett is the easiest way to cheese the heralds

Pshh, Bennett has no grace (and can't freeze them)

https://i.imgur.com/ZqAqpmg.mp4

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD
But melt Bennett does freeze them.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

gandlethorpe posted:

Pshh, Bennett has no grace (and can't freeze them)

bennett could auto to freeze the hydro guy, then E, on repeat inside chong's E with 4pc thundering fury

thundering fury bennett is the cheesiest way to deal with that drat electro shield and I'm all for it

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Ahahaha, this is the last thing I was missing to 100% monstadt. Not some seelie hidden in a tree canopy, nor an anemoculus at the bottom of a cliff by the edge of the map. What eluded me was a depth shrine in plain view of monstadt.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Sanctum posted:

Ahahaha, this is the last thing I was missing to 100% monstadt. Not some seelie hidden in a tree canopy, nor an anemoculus at the bottom of a cliff by the edge of the map. What eluded me was a depth shrine in plain view of monstadt.

That was my very last shrine of depths too. Like, by a lot. Its weird how it evades line of sight so well.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Does the BP weapon black sword scale well with refinement? Or should I just keep refining my serpent spine (already at R2) instead of my Black sword (R1). Planning the sword to be Ayaka's weapon while the Spine is for Eula/Diluc.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I am also considering getting the Battle Pass for its retroactive rewards, since it looks like o might actually hit level 50 on it. I could use any advice on which weapon to pick.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

The BP weapons are all generally pretty good just for their crit rate substats. A quick shorthand for picking one is to make a list of your most used main DPS and go "do they have a 5* weapon? Are they one of the cases where their BIS 4* is not a BP weapon (check the spreadsheet in the second post of the OP if you're not sure)?"

If it's no to both questions get that characters weapon type and stick it on them.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the slow speed of refining BP weapons and how minor the improvements are from a single pass makes it feel very strange to me. i like the idea of refining Spine and DM at least but have kept copies separate for now.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

oh we're back to qr codes already, very cool mihoyo. thanks for that

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Manatee Cannon posted:

oh we're back to qr codes already, very cool mihoyo. thanks for that

Well it was fun to do 1 entire web event, oh well, back to skipping them

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Serpent Spine is a good choice for refinement IMO. It's the only way to get crit rate on a claymore, every other weapon type has a 5* CR/CD weapon that surpasses the BP weapon and most have another crit rate option at 4*. The passive is straight damage which rarely suffers much from diminishing returns and it's easy to maintain max stacks if you have a shielder. It's easily the most competitive weapon when considered against its 5* counterparts.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I just listened to Xinyan's voice lines for the first time and lord almighty why does she have a terrible southern accent? Who would direct their voice actor to do that? It makes no sense and it sounds so bad lmao there is no part of Liyue where people sound like they are from the American South

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Detheros posted:

Well it was fun to do 1 entire web event, oh well, back to skipping them

I tried to load this web event (mobile) and it loaded the old painting one

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SlimGoodbody posted:

I just listened to Xinyan's voice lines for the first time and lord almighty why does she have a terrible southern accent? Who would direct their voice actor to do that? It makes no sense and it sounds so bad lmao there is no part of Liyue where people sound like they are from the American South

For some reason US dub scene is of the thought process that "distinct [insert country here] accent = southern accent". Kansai-ben in anime? Southern accent. Moravian/Silezian accent in Czechia/Poland? Southern accent. Eastern German? Southern accent. Rural Russian? Southern accent. Etc, you get the grip.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

That makes very stupid sense and I hate it

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGEegOgq8qE

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Little Richard, Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, even Elvis Presley. Rock and Roll was born in the South. If Xinyan is suppose to be the pioneer of Rock and Roll, it kinda makes sense that she has a Southern accent.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Xinyan being a hot-blooded southern rocker is rad, actually.

Now if only she wasn't such a mess of a character design mechanically.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah if Xinyan was even half decent I'd probably be using her constantly.

... But she isn't. :effort: She mostly just feels like a crappier, fiddlier Noelle that can't even go all on on a single stat like Noelle can, and you get Noelle for *free*.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Mang Tomas posted:

Does the BP weapon black sword scale well with refinement? Or should I just keep refining my serpent spine (already at R2) instead of my Black sword (R1). Planning the sword to be Ayaka's weapon while the Spine is for Eula/Diluc.

Black sword has good refines for someone who relies on normal/charged attacks for damage, like keqing. I am unsure what Ayaka will want to do though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I had no interest in Ayaka but I loving need C6 Ning after five months at 5.

Same, though I'm at 4. Not going to complain if she drops, but yeah. I really like the fireworks theme that Yoimiya has, that's just way too fun.

Not regretting going all out for Kazuha though.