Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I’m not sure there is much. I think someone just made a joke about Deku’s turn to darkness by killing Sugarman (who is already kind of a “joke” in the sense that his power is just a nerfed version of Deku’s main one) and everyone else just ran with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I just want to rephrase my (terrible) joke from earlier:

My Hero Academia Manga Thread: Putting the beatings in diabetes

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
We were so worried about Bakugo becoming Sasuke that we missed it was Deku all along.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I get it now, this is the ending of MHA. Followed shortly by MHA Shippuden

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

christmas boots posted:

I’m not sure there is much. I think someone just made a joke about Deku’s turn to darkness by killing Sugarman (who is already kind of a “joke” in the sense that his power is just a nerfed version of Deku’s main one) and everyone else just ran with it

I joked about Deku breaking his leg and it snowballed

Except it wasn’t a joke and I hope he dies

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
MHA Issue 325: Death in the Student Body

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

TheKingofSprings posted:

MHA Issue 325: Death in the Student Body

For some reason this reminded me that Bleach had the best chapter titles

Nice to meet you (I will beat you)

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It really did. I'm going to think about Satan From Orbit on my deathbed

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
People do remember that the deal with Sasuke wasn't that he was brooding and dark, it was that he was a sociopathic murderer that literally never did a good thing for another human being in his whole life....right?

Dressing like Batman and not wanting your friends to get hurt is the least Sasuke thing ever, he was a man who was sacrificing his followers right up til the the final arc of the story.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Mulva posted:

People do remember that the deal with Sasuke wasn't that he was brooding and dark, it was that he was a sociopathic murderer that literally never did a good thing for another human being in his whole life....right?

Dressing like Batman and not wanting your friends to get hurt is the least Sasuke thing ever, he was a man who was sacrificing his followers right up til the the final arc of the story.

Yeah but shonen tropes, so GOTTA SAVE MY FRIEND in this case is a fun reversal. Also, hurting your friends via twisted logic of trying to save them is potentially a good story arc for little superman to go through. COLLECTIVE ACTION HERO! TIME FOR SOVIET SUPERMAN!

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Mulva posted:

Bold of you to assume I watched Shippuden.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

is sasuke really a big killing guy, that feels like it was itachi's deal

though there was a whole war i didn't read so honestly some level of killcount seems expected

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I literally just got to the bit in Naruto where Sasuke shanks Orochimaru and heads off on his own, and in all fairness he very explicitly avoids actually killing people, because he doesn't want to be the same as his brother. In the end he only actually kills Danzo, I think.

Also I guess he leaves the entire world's population to die in a tree, but his good buddy Boruto's Dad sorts him out.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jul 13, 2021

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

sasuke wasn't a sociopathic murderer lmao

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the closest he gets to this is when he almost kills sakura before naruto stops him and leaving karin for dead

also this is leaving out that he was traumatised and manipulated into doing pretty much everything he does until he gets closure with itachi

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
He kills Danzo and a fuckton of samurai, and he puts a bunch of other people in positions where they will probably get killed. The only reason they don't is that plot happened. He's a complete monster for like 60% of the story, kind of an rear end in a top hat for like another 30%, and there's about 10% where we see vaguely functional Sasuke. Most of that happens in like the first 1/10th of the manga.

e: It's not even like this is controversial, the longest running joke against the story is Naruto and Sakura spending years of their lives pining over a guy that was maybe sort of not an rear end in a top hat to them over a period of time that covers like 3 days.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jul 13, 2021

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

danzo, noted good guy that ordered the uchihas dead

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Yeah, killing Anime Henry Kissinger was really the moral breaking point imo

Sindai posted:

It really did. I'm going to think about Satan From Orbit on my deathbed

Quincy Archer Hates You Part 2 [Blind But Bleed Mix]

christmas boots fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 13, 2021

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Aurora posted:

danzo, noted good guy that ordered the uchihas dead

Oh he totally had it coming, but that doesn't change that Sasuke isn't just the slightly brooding rival figure. He literally had magical insanity, in addition to his profoundly lovely upbringing. It takes a bit more than being dressed like Spider-Goth and being a loner to get into Sasuke camp.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

christmas boots posted:

For some reason this reminded me that Bleach had the best chapter titles

Nice to meet you (I will beat you)

Superchunky FROM HELL

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Superchunky FROM HELL

the king of all chapter titles

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Sasuke only wasn't a mass murderer because he kept failing to kill people. You don't get redemption points for being a lovely murderer. I think he tried to kill most of the main characters more than once each as well as tried to enslave the world. He also did some obscenely dickish stuff to the people who cared about him the most, which was more personally objectionable.

Also, he was such a terrible absent father that he attacked his daughter the first time they met when she tried to hug him. Dude could have been called Midoriya Sasuke. I particularly liked how they showed that he'd had his phone the whole time and just never bothered to call his family for like 12 years. The fact that he does all of this and gets away with it with the most mild of apologies will always be baffling.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 13, 2021

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sasuke didn't even pay for the house that his wife(?) and child live in and had his logo on it.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

mabels big day posted:

Mineta will beat him with the sticky balls

I'd loving love it if this was the outcome.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
The thing that always got to me about Sasuke is that there are never any non self-induced consequences to his actions. Like, he had his arm blown off at the end, but he specifically refused the super easy replacement. No other consequences.

The closest was when the first four Hokages were resurrected, he starts going into his "I'm going to destroy the Hidden Leaf Village" spiel, and the Second Hokage is taking *absolutely* none of that poo poo. He is immediately ready to destroy that child, and I was cheering him on at that point. And when you've gotten to the point of cheering on a necromancer, you know that things have gone to the deep end.

What I'm saying is that Deku needs to stop his road to being a Sasuke.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Sasuke definitely needed to be extradited to the Land of Iron for war crimes. But it's A-OK, he's pals with Ninja Jesus

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

hiddenriverninja posted:

Sasuke definitely needed to be extradited to the Land of Iron for war crimes. But it's A-OK, he's pals with Ninja Jesus

TBF I think a major part of the text of part 2 was how pretty much everyone older than the protagonist was guilty of major war crimes

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I really hope the Deku vs Class A fight (if we do actually get one) is at least a few chapters long and not like the weirdly truncated fights we've had ever since the end of the raid arc.

Deku has enough firepower and utility that he should be able to give his classmates a seriously rough time even if he's exhausted and loopy.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

hiddenriverninja posted:

Funnily enough, the reason Sasuke is not in prison is because they convinced the combined Villages to excuse the crimes of anyone who helped fight Madara/Kaguya/Kabuto. Including, you know, Orochimaru who is by far a worse person than Sasuke to begin with.

Orochimaru at least is under house arrest, Sasuke travels the nations helping people as atonement for his actions and to spy for Naruto in case they need to stop something like Akatsuki again.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

SKULL.GIF posted:

I really hope the Deku vs Class A fight (if we do actually get one) is at least a few chapters long and not like the weirdly truncated fights we've had ever since the end of the raid arc.

Deku has enough firepower and utility that he should be able to give his classmates a seriously rough time even if he's exhausted and loopy.

A loopy Deku honestly sounds way more dangerous to fight than one that's thinking clearly about not accidentally hurting one of his friends with his incredible power.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It doesn't really matter what anyone did in Naruto because Naruto would forgive anybody for anything. I doubt we're gonna end up seeing Shigaraki kill All Might and then have say, One For All fully absorb/kill Shigaraki with Deku responding by saying Shigaraki was the coolest guy because he wanted to be a hero at one point

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Also it’s not the genuine Naruto experience unless All for One is defeated by the sudden reveal of the true villain who created quirks and manipulated him all along.

I speak, of course, of the glowing baby.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

It would be kind of nice if Deku was doing better against Bakugo and Urakara due to knowing them better, and struggling against characters like Tail guy because he didn't know them as much.

Sugarman would still eat it fast.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Okay here's my prediction: Deku is not able to withstand his classmates and they actually render him unable to fight back within a few pages. They try to talk some sense into him but it's not going anywhere because Deku is dumb as hell. Stain then shows up and startles everyone but he puts his hands up or tosses his sword away and just wants to talk, Stain then convinces Deku to trust in his friends.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Mulva posted:

And people still unironically insist he did nothing wrong.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Funnily enough, the reason Sasuke is not in prison is because they convinced the combined Villages to excuse the crimes of anyone who helped fight Madara/Kaguya/Kabuto. Including, you know, Orochimaru who is by far a worse person than Sasuke to begin with.

Orochimaru at least is under house arrest, Sasuke travels the nations helping people as atonement for his actions and to spy for Naruto in case they need to stop something like Akatsuki again.

Actual child murderer and experimenter Orochimaru getting away with everything is still the funniest thing about Naruto.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 13, 2021

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Sasuke literally took like three hundred needles to the back for Naruto and almost died what's this "sociopath who never did anything good" poo poo coming from

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Sasuke is Naruto's boyfriend and most of the people he killed or sacrificed were either very evil or incredibly annoying characters so who are we to judge.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Also the entirety of Konoha was mean to their walking nuke for more than a decade so their whole population was too dumb to live as it is

It would be a mercy killing if a nice sized rock fell on it

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TheKingofSprings posted:

Also the entirety of Konoha was mean to their walking nuke for more than a decade so their whole population was too dumb to live as it is

The revelations of his parents being the Hokage and his wife who sacrificed themselves so that Naruto and the village might live makes this poo poo the dumbest weirdest plot point. "Oh we fear that boy because his inner monster killed our beloved Hokage, his dad that wished for him to live happily..."

Just a loving incredibly stupid town. Nobody would treat Killer Bee this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

My favorite part about Sasuke was that he immediately got his poo poo run by B

Deku definitely isn’t close to that at all, but as was said before, it’s a cool inversion of the usual tropes. Bakugo is going to be the one to bring him back to his senses