Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

DoctorWhat posted:

WFC Laserbeak and Ravage are gang-molded together. So for every Buzzsaw they make there'll be a weird partially-yellow Ravage that they have to sell or throw away.
Oh no, I have to get Stripes too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

the generation toy IDW stealth bomber megatron i think i preordered a long time pre-covid arrived today, which was unexpected. i had kind of forgotten about it and i guess assumed it just wasnt happening.

he looks pretty nice and the big blast effect he comes with this time is cool, but the 'axle' one of his feet attaches to seems to be snapped internally so it doesn't stay together quite right. the foot doesnt fall off or anything, but it means the lower leg as a whole is kind of 2mm further apart than it should be. I could probably glue it back together or something.

the whole thing is also pretty covered in some kind of lubricant, i guess left over from the pieces being taken out of the mold. it's not a big deal but it is kind of weird.

idk its one of my favourite megatron designs but im kind of lukewarm on the toy itself, partially because its kinda broken, but also cause the proportions of it make it look less mp-scale and more like a smaller toy of a larger character. if that makes any kind of sense. He's the same height as MP-36 megatron, but with a much smaller head.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just sold my original release of that figure. Great bot, just no place for it here anymore.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

here's the broken part, if i push the lower leg apart gently i can see the screw hole bit kinda broke off around the screw. im guessing i could glue it back together but idk which kind of glue to use on it.

the weird lube is also visible around the non-broken side of the foot axle and as a weird shininess on the lower black part of the shin

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
For the price of 3P stuff I'd just email them about all that.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Arquinsiel posted:

For the price of 3P stuff I'd just email them about all that.

Agreed. Assuming they still exist.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They just released a new edition of that figure. But he should be emailing the seller first.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Has everyone seen these? They're pretty good, considering one person did all the art and animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1L9ZFn37kY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lVZMyoR6g4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRunm-U-DEM

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Got first part of my House of Fraser package today, like seemingly everybody else I got DoubleDealer, but that's cool, nice chunky bot. Though one guy seemed to get the new Galvatron by mistake :D

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Action Jacktion posted:

Has everyone seen these? They're pretty good, considering one person did all the art and animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1L9ZFn37kY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lVZMyoR6g4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRunm-U-DEM

I don't see anything good there (?)

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I randomly came across something and it gave me pause, I figured someone here might find it amusing. From a listing on amazon.ca:

YARMOSHI Robot Truck 2 in 1 Action Figure, Autobot. This Remote Control Fighter Toy has a USB Connection for Easy Charging. Made of Safe, Sturdy Materials, (Blue-Gold)

Too blue? They got you fam.

The reviews are not kind.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

The Last Call posted:

I randomly came across something and it gave me pause, I figured someone here might find it amusing. From a listing on amazon.ca:

YARMOSHI Robot Truck 2 in 1 Action Figure, Autobot. This Remote Control Fighter Toy has a USB Connection for Easy Charging. Made of Safe, Sturdy Materials, (Blue-Gold)

all the stores in england are full of poo poo like this, even the major toy shops will have like a huge unit of awful dogshit knockoff RC transformers, usually bigger than the actual transformers section. ballsy of these guys to use the autobot logo though

despite the snapped foot axle and the weird smelling lube, this megatron is cool. i really like the big blast effect and how it fills out the railgun:

also unsurprisingly this fans toys cyclonus is just very charismatic, idk if that's exactly the right word, but the character comes through in the toy:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

juggalo baby coffin posted:

all the stores in england are full of poo poo like this, even the major toy shops will have like a huge unit of awful dogshit knockoff RC transformers, usually bigger than the actual transformers section. ballsy of these guys to use the autobot logo though

despite the snapped foot axle and the weird smelling lube, this megatron is cool. i really like the big blast effect and how it fills out the railgun:

also unsurprisingly this fans toys cyclonus is just very charismatic, idk if that's exactly the right word, but the character comes through in the toy:

I remember seeing a knock off Constructicons set in a dollar store some years back, I kinda wish I had bought that now.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The Last Call posted:

lol at literally the Megas XLR colors

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

The Last Call posted:

I remember seeing a knock off Constructicons set in a dollar store some years back, I kinda wish I had bought that now.

i really love like regular knock off transformers type toys. ive posted a couple i have in this thread before, like oversized KO ravage and rumble, a weird little bugatti veyron transformer i picked up just before covid at poundland, and an (as far as i'm aware) original design for a knockoff dinobot

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Droyer posted:

lol at literally the Megas XLR colors

Nice

So for basically an impulse buy I've grown to quite like Huffer. The bot mode sculpt is real characterful. He doesn't quite have the heroic proportions a lot of transformers do so he can do things like "get down on one knee" without needing double joints. While I still find vehicle mode a bit rickety, I do appreciate that he's just A Autobot. He's not real special, just a little ol' truck. And I think I actually like him as a flatdeck with bed rails more than with the fifth wheel.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

My Huffer is puffing out his chest so far that he can't actually get all his wheels on the ground at the same time, and he's got that big gap in his wheel well.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I've been big into upgrade kits lately and got this one for Huffer, it fixes some of the issues with the vehicle mode while folding away neatly in robot mode. It doesn't affect the weird gaps around the cab or the bad ground clearance, but at least gets rid of those annoying visible hands

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

its ultimately stupid but i am curious which bots of the current line are approximately MP scale for their characters. i think its only really likely with the mini bots, but i would like to pick up characters like huffer. i just like them to be relatively the right scale so they look right with the other characters.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I really like Huffer. He's got the problem that Phy mentioned, where his proportions in truck mode look a liiittle off, but I can forgive it. Everything has to be massaged just so to get the arms and wheels pegged correctly, but I'm okay with it, especially when he has the flatbed.

In fact, I like Huffer so much that I got an upgrade kit for him that covers his hands in vehicle mode and fills in his calves/back of the truck. Very tidy, doesn't hinder transformation or stick out at all!

I also got the shin extensions for Doubledealer. A bit tricky without looking up a guide to install, but massively improves the figure's proportions in bot mode. Doesn't really interfere with transformation, but I could see it possibly maybe breaking down the line with manhandling, so I kept the original shins.

EDIT: yeah, this one!

Knormal posted:

I've been big into upgrade kits lately and got this one for Huffer, it fixes some of the issues with the vehicle mode while folding away neatly in robot mode. It doesn't affect the weird gaps around the cab or the bad ground clearance, but at least gets rid of those annoying visible hands

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

The Last Call posted:

That blue and gold is pretty hot.

Also lol at the remote being literally the Autobot symbol. They've got some big wrecking balls.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Huffer still bananas up though in altmode.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I know people arent big fans of the RED series figures and their iffy joints and lack of an alt mode, but I've been into the G1 bots since I think they look good posed and... cartoony.

Found Bumblebee and Starscream at in the wild today and despite them not being among my favorites I still think they looked good enough to snatch up.

Someone in my facebook group found Grindor and Ravage hitting the shelves and I'm going to hunt that down even though I'm not really into the bayverse stuff.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

its ultimately stupid but i am curious which bots of the current line are approximately MP scale for their characters. i think its only really likely with the mini bots, but i would like to pick up characters like huffer. i just like them to be relatively the right scale so they look right with the other characters.

None of them are the right scale for MP. They're all much too small.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

DoctorWhat posted:

WFC Laserbeak and Ravage are gang-molded together. So for every Buzzsaw they make there'll be a weird partially-yellow Ravage that they have to sell or throw away.

There's no red plastic on Ravage, they could just swap that out for yellow.

Unfortunately this would mean there's be a lot more Ravages around. You could swap the black out for dark blue and get a slightly weird looking Buzzsaw and a Howlback

EDIT I guess "blue Laserbeak" is actually Cobalt

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 13, 2021

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I don’t care about the story of Shattered Glass, but I love that color scheme on Jetfire. Had to order that one.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I ordered the J.Balvin Soundwave. The purchase process felt ... youthful.

Hoping it's "fun ugly" instead of just plain silly-looking.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

How much did they charge for that Soundwave? I really like those tapes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Joe Fisto posted:

I don’t care about the story of Shattered Glass, but I love that color scheme on Jetfire. Had to order that one.

What is it referencing? I know that SG Starscream's colors are Regular Jetfire colors...

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What is it referencing? I know that SG Starscream's colors are Regular Jetfire colors...

Looks like Skywarp to me

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Open Marriage Night posted:

How much did they charge for that Soundwave? I really like those tapes.

$69 - They're able to be ordered via the website too, you don't have to mess with the phone app.
https://shop.thentwrk.com/collections/balvin-transformers-e8546-project-jam/products/transformers-x-j-balvin-project-jam

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I still have no idea who this J Balvin person is or why they got to design a Soundwave.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

do any companies do ko blast effects? blast effects kick rear end but i dont want to spend $69 + shipping just to get some rainbow ones

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i ordered that jetfire because those colours are cool. they remind me of astrotrain or skywarp.

im glad i held off on the new MP starscream because there are a lot of reports of qc issues

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

im glad i held off on the new MP starscream because there are a lot of reports of qc issues

He's a recent Takara MP, that's kind of been par for the course (outside of Arcee, I hear?)

I'm really hoping Skids' resemblance to the Hasui carbot design style means he's also a little sturdier.

E: I don't really see Skywarp in that SG Jetfire, despite the black and purple. Skywarp's got orange for a detail color, while SG Jetfire has lime green. Can't really find a great resemblance in those colors, though it'd be neat if it was meant to recall Machine Wars or BWII Starscream.

Phy fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 14, 2021

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Phy posted:

He's a recent Takara MP, that's kind of been par for the course (outside of Arcee, I hear?)

I'm really hoping Skids' resemblance to the Hasui carbot design style means he's also a little sturdier.

E: I don't really see Skywarp in that SG Jetfire, despite the black and purple. Skywarp's got orange for a detail color, while SG Jetfire has lime green. Can't really find a great resemblance in those colors, though it'd be neat if it was meant to recall Machine Wars or BWII Starscream.

yea the black is too dark and the purple is too blue to be skywarp. idk who he is supposed to parallel, or if they just made him black and purple because evil

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Commander Class Victory Saber, anyone?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Haslab apparently teasing a Victory thing but I can't see where this actual slide is FROM so taking it with a grain of salt.

https://comicbook.com/gear/news/transformers-pulse-con-wfc-agent-ravage-reveal-haslab-tease/#5

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Some kind of Star Saber thing, probably. Maybe Deathsaurus as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

Commander Class Victory Saber, anyone?

I'm here for it.