Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Arist posted:

Pretty sure that it's already known she is

Oh cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
My question is, is she being sent to kill Clint or capture him?Because I don't see how Val benefits fromhis death but if you're putting together a team of morally gray hero types and have leverage over an actual Avenger it seems like you'd want the guy alive.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
If Marvel's comfortable slotting series and movies into the timeline more or less wherever they want regardless of release order, and they are, who's to say Hawkeye's series doesn't take place before Endgame?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Inkspot posted:

If Marvel's comfortable slotting series and movies into the timeline more or less wherever they want regardless of release order, and they are, who's to say Hawkeye's series doesn't take place before Endgame?

It's already been said to be taking place after Endgame.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Inkspot posted:

uhh yelena is literally standing at natasha's grave pretty sure that's a big clue

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Ah. Missed that part. That's... pretty conclusive, yeah.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

They sorted it out for Infinity War by going longer. It's harder to make a short cut wig look real. But on top of that he doesn't have to stay jacked all the time.

I do wonder if folks who come off these films are like "Oh, cool! I can have a piece of buttered bread now!"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I know Hemsworth was saying how great it was to be able to eat pizza again after IW/E wrapped since he wasn't actually sure if Thor 4 was happening.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Hugh Jackman praised being able to eat bread again in like every single interview he did after he'd announced Logan was the last time he was gonna play Wolverine.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Being in a Marvel movie seems like it'd be really cool but also hell

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Always makes me think of this

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think it would be nice to like, have one year where you're jacked as hell and in a movie. But after that it would really suck.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbCzEQSCxrA

From what he's said that's not far off what he actually does. Since The Rock doesn't really shed his look between roles his daily routine is a whole hell of a lot of gym time. He brings a mobile gym to his movie sets.

The PEDs help too, obviously. You still need to work out heavily on those to look like he does though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I lost a bunch of weight in 2004 and got in really good shape for a couple years, but as I got older spending 3 hours a day at the gym started to take it's toll. Now I'm fat again but it's nice eating pizza and not doing the math on how many hours I have to run to work it off to maintain a 32" waist

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

I lost a bunch of weight in 2004 and got in really good shape for a couple years, but as I got older spending 3 hours a day at the gym started to take it's toll. Now I'm fat again but it's nice eating pizza and not doing the math on how many hours I have to run to work it off to maintain a 32" waist

I lost 52 pounds in 2018 and have managed to keep most of it off. I'm not ripped or shredded but I'm a world better than I used to be. And I only spend 3-4 hours a week working out.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Unless you are going for a specific aesthetic, I think just exercising enough that your weight isn't physically holding you back is all you should really worry about. I had an office job a while back with a fairly large co-worker and he would drive to the coffee shop 4 blocks away because walking more than a block and a half would cause serious heavy breathing. Now I sort packages, have a coworker roughly the same age, and probably even heavier and he's doing physically demanding poo poo, including walking back and forth in a huge warehouse constantly pushing heavy carts and moving heavy boxes all day just fine.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I lost 52 pounds in 2018 and have managed to keep most of it off. I'm not ripped or shredded but I'm a world better than I used to be. And I only spend 3-4 hours a week working out.

Yeah I'm mostly joking, 2020 was rough for me since the gyms closed and I started working at home, the weight creeped back up on me pretty quickly. I need to lose about 30 pounds to be comfortable again, and that'll happen now that I'm working out a couple times a week.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So according to the series director of Loki the Throg cameo actually was Chris Hemsworth's voice.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aphrodite posted:

From what he's said that's not far off what he actually does. Since The Rock doesn't really shed his look between roles his daily routine is a whole hell of a lot of gym time. He brings a mobile gym to his movie sets.

The PEDs help too, obviously. You still need to work out heavily on those to look like he does though.

Rock's cheat meals are insane. Stack of blueberry pancakes as high as an elephant's eye, multiple thick crush double everything pizzas, plates of brownies. And then back to eating like strictly pounds of brown rice and boiled chicken breast or whatever the rest of the time.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

Rock's cheat meals are insane. Stack of blueberry pancakes as high as an elephant's eye, multiple thick crush double everything pizzas, plates of brownies. And then back to eating like strictly pounds of brown rice and boiled chicken breast or whatever the rest of the time.

I remember seeing a piece on him where he talked about eating nothing but brown rice and cod, and having to wake up at 3am to gorge more of it down to maintain his absurd physique. But yes media let's make that kind of body an object of aspiration, it's normal and healthy and good and attainable

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
After Chris Pratt dropped from 300 pounds to super lean in the first GotG, he was allowed to just be chubby in the second and since he's a comedic actor nobody seemed to mind

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I hope Chris Hemsworth gets to keep Thor's Dad Bod

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Medullah posted:

I'd love to be 32" waist again. But yea, its too easy to gain weight without even trying. Especially if your emotionally in a lovely place, its super easy to eat 4 cupcakes in a day because you feel sad and eating one makes you feel better so it becomes a go to thing. It does not help when you work at a grocery store and have access to everything like that on a daily basis.

But I moved back with my parents due to moving cities and spending all my money on the move, and that is helping keeping me from all the junk I used to eat, even though I'm working at a different grocery store. I let myself go nuts on saturday though, if i want to have 4 cookies and a can of coke, i can do it on saturday. I have lost weight so far, but I'd love to be financial able to have a personal trainer and a gym membership that would help me get in decent shape. I got a set of resistance bands recently and i've been using them fairly regularly.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Looks like he got pretty jacked for Love and Thunder.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I'd love to be 32" waist again. But yea, its too easy to gain weight without even trying. Especially if your emotionally in a lovely place, its super easy to eat 4 cupcakes in a day because you feel sad and eating one makes you feel better so it becomes a go to thing. It does not help when you work at a grocery store and have access to everything like that on a daily basis.

But I moved back with my parents due to moving cities and spending all my money on the move, and that is helping keeping me from all the junk I used to eat, even though I'm working at a different grocery store. I let myself go nuts on saturday though, if i want to have 4 cookies and a can of coke, i can do it on saturday. I have lost weight so far, but I'd love to be financial able to have a personal trainer and a gym membership that would help me get in decent shape. I got a set of resistance bands recently and i've been using them fairly regularly.

I decided to bite the bullet and built a home gym in the basement in April/May. It's been fantastic getting back into weight lifting and being able to do it at any time. Planet Fitness Medullah.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Oh..... you haven't seen the picture.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Medullah posted:

I decided to bite the bullet and built a home gym in the basement in April/May. It's been fantastic getting back into weight lifting and being able to do it at any time. Planet Fitness Medullah.

Yea that's not happening while i live in the space room in my parents apartment, getting to experience what its like to live like a student at 43! Also yay only being able to find part time work at apartments in halifax being on par with toronto. yay...:smith:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I just hope there is a montage of Thor losing weight getting fit and ripped as Quill tries but doesn't change at all

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

RealFoxy posted:

After Chris Pratt dropped from 300 pounds to super lean in the first GotG, he was allowed to just be chubby in the second and since he's a comedic actor nobody seemed to mind

Makes me think of one of the best little Parks and Recreation moments. GotG was filming during the sixth season of the show. The last we see of Pratt in season five is that famous shocked reaction gif where he was still a little chubby. Then in his first scene in the sixth season, Andy's walking down a hall with Ben and he's suddenly in great shape.

Ben: "So the only thing you did was stop drinking beer?"

Andy: "Yeah, I lost 50 pounds in one month."

Ben: "How much beer were you drinking?"

Andy: "Probably too much."

And that was the only time it was ever brought up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He got jacked for Zero Dark Thirty, two years before GotG. Yeah he got more jacked for GotG but he was already in killer shape.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

And cutting alcohol was also part of Pratt's actual weight loss earlier because of Moneyball.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Makes me think of one of the best little Parks and Recreation moments. GotG was filming during the sixth season of the show. The last we see of Pratt in season five is that famous shocked reaction gif where he was still a little chubby. Then in his first scene in the sixth season, Andy's walking down a hall with Ben and he's suddenly in great shape.

Ben: "So the only thing you did was stop drinking beer?"

Andy: "Yeah, I lost 50 pounds in one month."

Ben: "How much beer were you drinking?"

Andy: "Probably too much."

And that was the only time it was ever brought up.

That scene is basically playing in my head every time I watch either of the GOTG movies

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

TwoPair posted:

That scene is basically playing in my head every time I watch either of the GOTG movies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfDU6Zrw6Q

About 1:20 in for anyone that wants to watch it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
WandaVision got a whole slew of Emmy nominations including Best Limited Series, Best Directing, Writing, and Production in same, and nods for Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, and Kathryn Hahn. Hahn deserves to win and they might grab something for Production/VFX, but they definitely deserved the nominations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I liked wv and no it really doesn't

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The really funny nom is Don Cheadle getting one for Guest Actor in a Drama for FatWS

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

lmao if Raylen Givens wins an Emmy for a role where he wore a jetpack

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

site posted:

I'd say they deserve the nominations but other than maybe set/costume design don't deserve to win any.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

:agreed:

Arist posted:

The really funny nom is Don Cheadle getting one for Guest Actor in a Drama for FatWS

Normally I'm not one to claim awards are rigged but wow. I mean I know it's just a nomination but goddamn what a reach.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Cheadle's negotiations for that were definitely "I'll be in this if you get me an Emmy nomination"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Cheadle's nomination should've gone to Carl Lumbly.