Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
STREET FIGHT 72 69.90%
MIXED TAG 13 12.62%
IDOLO DEBUTS 7 6.80%
STRAP MATCH 5 4.85%
TRIOS 6 5.83%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i wonder if Wheeler will continue his shocker streak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evMIFF4J6q4

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

idk where Wheeler Yuta came from or what his deal is but dude looks rad and I've enjoyed all the matches he's been in so far. I'm glad he's been getting a lot of screentime. Def should keep the mask though

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

This is why vague posting should be illegal.

please respect the vague posting’s privacy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Your unborn baby is probably gonna be ugly, lmao

Get em, :five:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Wheeler Yuta is originally from the Northeast so I've heard his name a few times over the past few years which only blows my mind more that he's only 24.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lethrom posted:

idk where Wheeler Yuta came from or what his deal is but dude looks rad and I've enjoyed all the matches he's been in so far. I'm glad he's been getting a lot of screentime. Def should keep the mask though

Not 100% but think he was a Chikara trainee with a Chikara gimmick. He did some ROH dates starting last year, he's been on the NJPW Strong shows & he's been a mainstay for Beyond. Current IWTV Champion, which I guess the gimmick there is it's like an indie version of the NWA touring champ, you can turn up & defend it on all sorts of IWTV affiliated promotions.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Penguin Patrol posted:

Yuta vs Angelico gonna be a must watch

Steel Drum Boy gonna take it.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

forkboy84 posted:

Not 100% but think he was a Chikara trainee with a Chikara gimmick. He did some ROH dates starting last year, he's been on the NJPW Strong shows & he's been a mainstay for Beyond. Current IWTV Champion, which I guess the gimmick there is it's like an indie version of the NWA touring champ, you can turn up & defend it on all sorts of IWTV affiliated promotions.

Creating an insane conspiracy in my head where they moved the IWTV title off of Lee Moriarty to Wheeler so quickly so they could have Wheeler get heated up on AEW and drop it to Kenny Omega.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
They were totally loving high out of their minds during that mcdonalds bit

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Creating an insane conspiracy in my head where they moved the IWTV title off of Lee Moriarty to Wheeler so quickly so they could have Wheeler get heated up on AEW and drop it to Kenny Omega.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rantmo posted:

Samuel, what the gently caress is your excuse this week? I need the good vlog goddammit.

it was up when you posted this FYI

sammy just going through Cody's wardrobe during the friendlympics bit was great

also I thought his dad was gonna die near the end there

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

now we're cooking with gas!

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

In 4 months a despondent Kenny Omega stumbles into the White Eagle to drop the belt to Tony Deppen.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The name "Wheeler Yuta" sounds so much like a Yu-Gi-Oh character

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shinjobi posted:

Your unborn baby is probably gonna be ugly, lmao

Get em, :five:

Vlan spitting a whole lotta truth goddam

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

"We're gonna go break something off Connor-"

:stare:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Does that make Maluta the first Anoa'i to show up in AEW?

Also, tiny suited -1 rules.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lol the cold open

"who was it?"
"DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT."

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
this isn't the first time Sean Meluta has shown up, but regardless I can give a resounding maybe.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
cracking up at Sammy and Cody doing terrible cat noises while Sammy wears the Homelander jacket

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Drakkel posted:

The name "Wheeler Yuta" sounds so much like a Yu-Gi-Oh character

I didn't wanna say it, but that's what I thought every single time his name is mentioned.

You got Wheeler from Joey Wheeler, obviously, and then Yuta is so close to a protagonist name: every main character has the character Yu in their name, and we've gotten Yuma, Yuya, Yuga and Yuto there before.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
"Give me my drugs back!"
"I DUNNO WHERE I PUT 'EM!"

loving classic

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm KiLynn's ripped mom jeans/tie-dye fanny pack combo

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Honestly? I've been enjoying Sammy's vlog more than BTE for months, and the best thing on BTE were most of the time Dark Order and now they jumped ship so...

Or maybe not jumped ship entirely :haw:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

forkboy84 posted:

Not 100% but think he was a Chikara trainee with a Chikara gimmick.

Yeah, he was Sylverhawk, part of a team called the Xyberhawx 2000. They were a knockoff of the old Silverhawks cartoon with a bit of Power Rangers mixed in. Originally, it was Sylverhawk, Razerhawk (fellow trainee, now wrestles as Razerwyng) and Nytehawk (Quack, usually doing the gimmick for the sake of trios matches). As Sylverhawk, he lasted for about a year or so and briefly won the Young Lions Cup before leaving the company. He was replaced with Danjerhawk (now Mach10).

They were one of the better parts of the latter Chikara years.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

In 4 months a despondent Kenny Omega stumbles into the White Eagle to drop the belt to Tony Deppen.

yes! yes!!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The BTE/Sammy Vlog dynamic is the brand split done right

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

MorningMoon posted:

They were totally loving high out of their minds during that mcdonalds bit

A wonderful counterpoint to the earlier argument about the vlog being straight edge.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Sammy just dressing himself in various parts of Cody's kit like a little kid was so funny

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Vlog Cody is absolutely the best version of Cody there is.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Friendlympics coming back to explain why Kilynn King tried to kill Yuka Sakazaki, you love to see the commitment.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
vlogcody loving owns.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

karmicknight posted:

vlogcody loving owns.

he needs to bring some of his aggressive weirdness back onto Dynamite, he has veered too far into Bland American Hero on the main show

he still had it back in the early days, like when he was obsessed with "Make em say uuuh" for about a month for no apparent reason

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Given that Cody's reaction to fighting a British guy was Tone-Deaf American Hero, I'm fully expecting his role against Malakai Black to be White Savior and not understanding why that's problematic either.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
what the gently caress

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

karmicknight posted:

what the gently caress

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

Given that Cody's reaction to fighting a British guy was Tone-Deaf American Hero, I'm fully expecting his role against Malakai Black to be White Savior and not understanding why that's problematic either.

What do you think white saviour means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

THATB

Does that still work?