Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Apparently Kimura isn't even allowed to follow his wife on instagram lol

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

IGgy IGsen posted:

If they really drop Judgement because of this I hope we get some games focusing around some established characters that could be cool. Think of the Majimas, Akiyamas or Saejimas. Hell, maybe even Shinada, hated his chapter but I think they can do something cool with him.

been saying this

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
make a miss tatsu game

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

roomtone posted:

make a miss tatsu game

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

roomtone posted:

make a miss tatsu game

:hai:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

roomtone posted:

make a miss tatsu game

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

roomtone posted:

make a miss tatsu game

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Judgment 3, time to find out what Sayama has been up to

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Sayama is boring much like moat of kiryiis friends

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I found this room full of cats in yakuza 0 there's a bunch in there

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

omfg pocket circuit fighter returns!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah! posted:

omfg pocket circuit fighter returns!

this is the best substory ive done so far without question, even better than the cult from 0 coming back

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Worth it just to hear the music again

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

It completely contradicts the story but drat do I love Majima Everywhere in Kiwami.

RandolphCarter fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 13, 2021

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

RandolphCarter posted:

It completely contradicts the story but drat do I love Majima Everywhere in Kiwami.

how does it contradict the story? he's everywhere because he's obsessed with kiryu and be disappears sometimes for story reasons

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

how does it contradict the story? he's everywhere because he's obsessed with kiryu and be disappears sometimes for story reasons

It kind of clashes with the actual story where he’s a lot darker and nastier. Not enough to ruin anything but it’s noticeable when one minute he’s working with his underlings to do a wacky zombie prank on Kiryu and the next he’s beating one of his minions to death with a baseball bat 10 feet away from the 8-year-old girl he abducted, bound up, and shoved in a closet

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

It kind of clashes with the actual story where he’s a lot darker and nastier. Not enough to ruin anything but it’s noticeable when one minute he’s working with his underlings to do a wacky zombie prank on Kiryu and the next he’s beating one of his minions to death with a baseball bat 10 feet away from the 8-year-old girl he abducted, bound up, and shoved in a closet

lol yeah fair enough. I think that's just kind of who he is. one minute he's giving his full commitment to announcing for a cabaret club contest and the next, he's cheerfully asking his second hand man to cut random wires in a bomb to see if that'll disarm it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

yeah Majima in the original Yakuza 1 was way more of a Joker-type sadistic criminal and they couldn't fully remove all those aspects without really rewriting the story I guess

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

It’s mostly that Majima takes a blade to the gut for Kiryu at the batting cage. but a bit what others have said.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

He's just pissed after spending days hiding in the only trash can in Kamurocho that Kiryu didn't walk past.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

RandolphCarter posted:

It’s mostly that Majima takes a blade to the gut for Kiryu at the batting cage. but a bit what others have said.

he gets over it pretty quickly and then they realized "oh poo poo he needs a gut wound for the truck scene" and had someone shoot him lol

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

lol I forgot about that

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

give majima and saejima a spinoff game. GIVE MAJIMA AND SAEJIMA A SPINOFF GAME

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

this series has incredible spin off potential, both in terms of just using the same kind of gameplay with other established characters or doing something totally new and bizarre like a puzzle game with the instant noodle substory guy.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

An honest living association game could be cool

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

full on pocket circuit game. in-depth hostess club game with the 0/k2 version. arcade style taxi racer game. i'd pay money for any of these

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Just give me an English version of Kenzan and Ishin please.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

When Judgment first came out I thought it was going to be the start of a pattern of one-off spin-offs, games all set in Kamurocho but following entirely different characters, different themes, unrelated aside from the city, and I still think that would be a cool idea if the Judgment series actually does get shitcanned after this talent agency drama

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

give majima and saejima a spinoff game. GIVE MAJIMA AND SAEJIMA A SPINOFF GAME

This too

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Yagami is just super bland. In my opinion he's the worst character I've been in control of in all the games outside of maybe Tanimura. Every other main character is better including all your party in 7. Saejima's plot is complete garbage but at least his character is compelling. Honestly there's nothing more to say about yagami other then he sucks - he's so bland that theres nothing of substance to address . Oh yea his smedium leather jacket/wallet chain outfit looks stupid in general but doubly on a man in his 40s(?)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

When Judgment first came out I thought it was going to be the start of a pattern of one-off spin-offs, games all set in Kamurocho but following entirely different characters, different themes, unrelated aside from the city, and I still think that would be a cool idea if the Judgment series actually does get shitcanned after this talent agency drama

I think they're being wise in focusing their resources on what they're good at, honing it carefully, and not rapidly expanding too much but also, I would slurp up this series like a lot of people slurp up marvel content, so give me the games, Sega. I'll go to a mall for the disco DDR clone, I promise.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
one of the lead developers talked in an interview recently about how he'd like to do a kenzan remake so the west can play it (it was their very first ps3 game so they don't like the idea of a straight port), i could see them going down that route if they can't do more judgement

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

The Kins posted:

(it was their very first ps3 game so they don't like the idea of a straight port)

cowards! :argh:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Dewgy posted:

cowards! :argh:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Seltzer posted:

Yagami is just super bland. In my opinion he's the worst character I've been in control of in all the games outside of maybe Tanimura. Every other main character is better including all your party in 7. Saejima's plot is complete garbage but at least his character is compelling. Honestly there's nothing more to say about yagami other then he sucks - he's so bland that theres nothing of substance to address . Oh yea his smedium leather jacket/wallet chain outfit looks stupid in general but doubly on a man in his 40s(?)

I disagree with basically everything you’ve written here but I have to give you that he’s wearing basically the worst outfit a man in his late 40s could ever wear in history

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
majima's just a weird case of character development having to be rolled back from 0 to 1 and then redeveloped to give some kind of consistency, which just meant dropping in some lines and reference hinting that there is more going on there.

they made him so subdued and moral in 0 that his demeanour and behaviour in 1 takes a lot of 'ah but he's just acting that way' justification. i just accepted it for what it is - i haven't even gotten to 3-6 yet so i don't know when he first got more layered. i assume it's in 4 cos saejima is playable there with flashbacks.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Actually I just looked it up and he’s supposed to be 35 in the first one even though he’s painstakingly modeled after an actor 10 years older than that. But the point stands

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
he needs more chains and leather jackets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

roomtone posted:

majima's just a weird case of character development having to be rolled back from 0 to 1 and then redeveloped to give some kind of consistency, which just meant dropping in some lines and reference hinting that there is more going on there.

they made him so subdued and moral in 0 that his demeanour and behaviour in 1 takes a lot of 'ah but he's just acting that way' justification. i just accepted it for what it is - i haven't even gotten to 3-6 yet so i don't know when he first got more layered. i assume it's in 4 cos saejima is playable there with flashbacks.

Honestly Majima is increasingly less relevant, he's barely in 4 and 5 and apparently he's in like two scenes in 6. He steals any scene he's in but he's not the series deuteragonist that 0, Kiwami and 2 might have you expect