Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
We should make Beanpole Team Captain 1 and Veni x3 team captain 2, I think they probably have more matches played than the rest of us put together and I know I’m rusty enough that I’ll have more fun just following them around and healing them and providing covering fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
4pm eastern, yes? I gotta install over lunch, but I think I can make it and be an easy kill for the other team!

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
One thing which annoyed me about the first game on PS4 is how stingy it is with trophies outside of multiplayer. There's hardly any in single player.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Might have to play using Remote play guys :smith:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
drat my PS5 is downloading TLoU remastered insanely fast. I think i'm gonna do a couple warm ups when i get off work to remeber the controls and stuff.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

We should make Beanpole Team Captain 1 and Veni x3 team captain 2, I think they probably have more matches played than the rest of us put together and I know I’m rusty enough that I’ll have more fun just following them around and healing them and providing covering fire.

Me and BP played a couple rounds last night and I collectively got 1 kill between the two rounds we played. So temper you expectations I am pretty bad at it now lol. I haven't really played it in over 5 years.

No one should be concerned with my disturbing number of weeks or my broken antenna.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Holy poo poo this is hard! I also sat there like an idiot thinking I had to be invited rather than just joining. GG E-Z to all.

And no, you can sleep safe in the knowledge I wasn’t playing on remote play after all

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BP you didnt share your audio!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

BP you didnt share your audio!

i'm sad that it didn't work. i ticked the box on for audio sharing but it didn't work. maybe i need to click some other option? or maybe the console needed a restart for the option to take effect. i have no idea.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

i'm sad that it didn't work. i ticked the box on for audio sharing but it didn't work. maybe i need to click some other option? or maybe the console needed a restart for the option to take effect. i have no idea.

Use share button to bring up share menu, go all the way to the right to broadcast settings, it's one of the few toggles listed there

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

acksplode posted:

Use share button to bring up share menu, go all the way to the right to broadcast settings, it's one of the few toggles listed there

thatnks, dude, i thought i had it figured. god drat, the layers upon layers of secret menus on this console

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

posting the stream we did

https://twitch.tv/videos/1085692977

acksplode
May 17, 2004

thatnks, dude, i thought i had it figured. god drat, the layers upon layers of secret menus on this console

I think it used to be buried somewhere in the big system settings menu on PS4, then yeah I guess they moved it somewhere I would've never thought to look on PS5. I had to google for it when I double checked my setting earlier today lol

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Here's my personal highlight of the stream, me and veeg getting caught on level geometry and anticlimactically punching at the air between us

https://twitch.tv/videos/1085692977?t=3325s

Wish I caught a recording since it happened behind veeg's back, but here's me getting a sicknasty flank snipe headshot and execution on vogonity. You can see it on the radar

https://twitch.tv/videos/1085692977?t=2213s

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
add me, nerds -- modestlyawesome on psn.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

acksplode posted:

Here's my personal highlight of the stream, me and veeg getting caught on level geometry and anticlimactically punching at the air between us

This was such a good moment lmao I was totally losing it

Need to check my options and see if I can figure out why my audio wasn’t on the stream. Unless it’s a party chat setting?

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism
For the record, how do you join a private match?

I may or may not be a moron.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

For the record, how do you join a private match?

I may or may not be a moron.

You can create a private match lobby by selecting a game mode and then choosing the option to create a private match. To join a private match lobby, just join a party that's in one. And you join a party by hitting triangle and selecting a friend to join up on.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

Need to check my options and see if I can figure out why my audio wasn’t on the stream. Unless it’s a party chat setting?

It is. Broadcast settings. It defaults to off.

vogonity
Aug 1, 2005

Buglord

acksplode posted:

Wish I caught a recording since it happened behind veeg's back, but here's me getting a sicknasty flank snipe headshot and execution on vogonity. You can see it on the radar

https://twitch.tv/videos/1085692977?t=2213s

Nah, he probably just tripped on a twig or something slightly less embarassing. Definitely didn't get his head blown off..

I am vogonity :smith:

vogonity fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 14, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

nah, it's in the share menu apparently when you hold down the share button, i couldn't find it either. it's too bad because the stream is missing like 5 of the voices that were laughing they rear end off at the big moments

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah it’s dumb. even you had it enabled on an account level on PS4, pS5 turns it off until you manually activate it which ruined some really funny clips I took around the time the system came out.

Iirc the PS4 defaulted to on, which makes more sense to me. I mean, I guess it’s better from privacy standpoint but most people don’t know they have it turned off. You ends up with clips of people talking to themselves.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

it was a good day to die

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

it was a good day to die

:hai:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Let's go nerds

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

so much fresh new blood, blood for the blood god

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Lol. Definitely giving more than my fair share. I'm hella bad at this. Doesn't help going up against level 999 poopsocks

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

dog nougat posted:

Lol. Definitely giving more than my fair share. I'm hella bad at this. Doesn't help going up against level 999 poopsocks

Remember to queue in the 'no teams' queue if you're playing alone. Also watch some of ther vids i posted on the previous page

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I have equal about equal luck regardless of which queue I use. like sure sometimes you'll run into some 2-4 player death squad, but there's a decent chance you'll also have one on your team as well. but ymmv

vogonity
Aug 1, 2005

Buglord
Yea, we had teamed up, so it wouldn't let us queue into 'no teams.'

Is Supply Raid the most beginner-friendly mode?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Remember to queue in the 'no teams' queue if you're playing alone. Also watch some of ther vids i posted on the previous page

Did all the above, I think I just suck at this game. Like I can at least consistently down people now, but then their other teammates show up and just wreck me immediately afterwards.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

DeePee posted:

easiest mode imo is Interrogation, but Supply Raid is probably close. I like interrogation because I don't have to feel *as* bad if I die a bunch, since I'm not costing my team stock. Plus, since it's objective based, it's a little more flexible in how you wanna play it.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

DeePee posted:

You won't have as much downtime since you can respawn, but watching the better players on your team when you're a ghost in Survivors is really valuable for learning.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

morallyobjected posted:

I have equal about equal luck regardless of which queue I use. like sure sometimes you'll run into some 2-4 player death squad, but there's a decent chance you'll also have one on your team as well. but ymmv

morally, are you already or would you like to be added to the tourist PSN chat?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

DeePee posted:

Least, actually. Supply Raid is what the MLG tryhards play to record their 20v1 attempts. Most streamers won't play Survivors because there is more downtime, but the limit on resources makes Survivors a slower paced, tense, more cautious game loop, and gives the new player time to learn the maps. Also, when you die you get a front row seat to watch how other people play, what mistakes they make and what tricks they know.

Survivors is the heart and soul of Factions imo, and channels that oh so good 'oh poo poo i'm all alone' spirit of the original Socom games.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Bigtime agreed, I only dip into Supply Raid and Interrogation if I'm playing solo and it helps me beat a challenge. Like it's a lot easier to rack up special executions in Interrogation since it's how you reveal the safe's location.

vogonity
Aug 1, 2005

Buglord
I was actually winning a match of Supply Raid!

..and then it booted me and said the host disconnected :confuoot:

I'll check out Interrogation. I had assumed that was the most difficult mode, but didn't realize there's no stock counter.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yeah interrogation is different, it's the only mode where killing isn't the primary goal.

vogonity
Aug 1, 2005

Buglord
Just tried it. Had a great time. Maybe due to the teammates or enemies, but I like it way more than Supply Raid.
It's kind of like Destiny's Kill Confirmed with more strategy.

edit: It's actually nothing like that, but the similarities are why I like it more.

vogonity fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

morally, are you already or would you like to be added to the tourist PSN chat?

I'd thought about asking, but I'm almost only ever regularly available past 21:00 PST/PDT, which is like the worst time since anyone in a later US time zone is often going to bed and everyone in Europe is already asleep.