Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1415052634524946439

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1415052818751410182

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

MikeJF posted:

THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP

edit: wait does this mean Jadis isn't going to get to do anything crazy?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I'm hearing "This is Your Life" by Augustines. Magnificent, and worth the wait.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Mouse-over text for the top page (1/3):

Abbadon posted:

Everyone talks some hot poo poo until the cubit spears come out.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Wait who is that!?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mottom

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

MonsieurChoc posted:

Wait who is that!?

She's so pumped for this she reverted to her look at the peak of her cosmic power.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Guildenstern Mother posted:

edit: wait does this mean Jadis isn't going to get to do anything crazy?

At this point I'm expecting Jadis to break out of her crystal tomb and throw the spear herself.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

She's so pumped for this she reverted to her look at the peak of her cosmic power.

It's basically a thing that she got so engaged in the fight that she forgot to be old

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

nimby posted:

At this point I'm expecting Jadis to break out of her crystal tomb and throw the spear herself.

Jadis sharpens her crystal encasement to form the spearpoint.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ominous liturgy today:

quote:

“And all together, upon the dim dawn of the battlefield, the thin pearlescence of the bloody horizon washing over us – there we heard the clarion. Descending was the armies of the rising king, and behind her a thousand thousand banners. Upon the banners was writ the word YSUN.”

-Unknown, post third conquest

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Welp, looks like the Power of Friendship wins the day yet again.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

YaketySass posted:

Welp, looks like the Power of Friendship wins the day yet again.

Power of Friendship solves every problem

now let me take this big sip of water for the remainder of this plot beat

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

MikeJF posted:

Ominous liturgy today:

wait is this the first in-universe text where the Rising King is explicitly "her" or did I just miss the previous ones

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

YaketySass posted:

Welp, looks like the Power of Friendship* wins the day yet again.

*friendship may contain inescapable violence

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
So, true Royalty is the Friends We Made Along The Way.

I'll see myself out.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Doing the "you have my sword" bit but everyone just grabs the same spear and forms a conga line.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Holy poo poo they're about to use a peasant railgun

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Maybe outrageous violence actually is enough to beat the guy immune to violence if all your friends* join in on it.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Wait, is this Allison being a liberal and killing the attempted revolution with the help of the bourgeoisie, only to be undercut by their combined might now that they realize they must represent an armed front to prevent themselves from being almost toppled like this again? Are Allison and co gonna radicalize from this to become Jagganoth, but perhaps with better messaging?

Them saying jags was bad when he was actually good would make this pretty parallel to stuff, and ironic. It would also explain why Abbadon expected everyone to get pissed.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

thechosenone posted:

Wait, is this Allison being a liberal and killing the attempted revolution with the help of the bourgeoisie, only to be undercut by their combined might now that they realize they must represent an armed front to prevent themselves from being almost toppled like this again? Are Allison and co gonna radicalize from this to become Jagganoth, but perhaps with better messaging?

Them saying jags was bad when he was actually good would make this pretty parallel to stuff, and ironic. It would also explain why Abbadon expected everyone to get pissed.

Well, Meti did try to tell people that outrageous violence is really dumb.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Meti was a liberal

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

thechosenone posted:

truly cannot tell if this is a joke, excellent post

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

pretty sure if anything the liberal approach would be to confront the entity explicitly literally trying to kill you on the battlefield of ideas and convince them they’re wrong through the overwhelming power of rational debate

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

pretty sure if anything the liberal approach would be to confront the entity explicitly literally trying to kill you on the battlefield of ideas and convince them they’re wrong through the overwhelming power of rational debate

My 3,000 Cubit Spear's name is Rational Debate.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
The Last Argument of Kings is apparently a coffee klatch.

MonsieurChoc posted:

I always thought this thought experiment stupid because it arbitrarily decided which ruleset applies between the real-world physics and the game. You either go for one or the other.

Still funny though.

It's the DnD equivalent of one of those math "proofs" that state that 1+1=3 and expects you to ignore the step where division by zero happens or some poo poo.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 14, 2021

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

shirts and skins posted:

Holy poo poo they're about to use a peasant railgun

I always thought this thought experiment stupid because it arbitrarily decided which ruleset applies between the real-world physics and the game. You either go for one or the other.

Still funny though.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

peasant's railgun, except they all have immunity to fumbling the action thanks to having a nonblank divinity attribute

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

More like a coil gun in design, but hey

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

MonsieurChoc posted:

Still funny though.

wait until i tell you about this cat they strapped a piece of buttered toast to

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

this update was so anime i accidentally clicked on adtrw and spent a few minutes trying to find this thread in there

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
They're not going to kill Jagganoth, they're going to Capital-B Bind him. Remember their slim chance is that the Binding is still there, so they're presumably going to upgrade it so it lasts longer than a minute this time.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

the thing everyone will hate is the new binding working for ten minutes, which allows for 8 minutes of exposition before he goes nuclear and blows the wheel up

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
When I read this an enormous bug landed directly on my hand. Strange. "What are you?" I've never seen such a thing before. It flew off after a time.

Jags remains correct. The only definitive answer is the sword. "Outnumbered" isn't a real concept.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

A spear is a sword with a tiny blade and extremely long hilt.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

nimby posted:

A spear is a sword with a tiny blade and extremely long hilt.

Be careful who you say this to. This is a truth They very much do not want to get out. Unwise of you to bring this comment into a moderated thread.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

i like that mottom was one to reveal to alison how dangerous jag is and how the only way they stand a chance against him is to band together and she's the first one to step up

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Well, Mottom does share triple goddess imagery with Aspected Chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Oneiros posted:

i like that mottom was one to reveal to alison how dangerous jag is and how the only way they stand a chance against him is to band together and she's the first one to step up

i liked when she was laughing her rear end off at aspected chaos, the whole "thats the same little pissant that snuck into my palace?" bit

mottom good