Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Voxx posted:

you get separated from them and need to find them in a few days (based on distance) or be considered a deserter. it's kinda hosed since if you do it as a opening to the game you have no gear or anything to protect yourself with on the trek back. you can pony up some money for a faster horse to make it much safer.

if you're a bodyguard the lords safety is all that matters. if you go down before they do you don't take a penalty.

the pay isn't terrible either, as long as wars are actually occuring. I spent a few hour session in dertharts camp and shoot heads with a crossbow for good chunk of change. I feel like you need to do something on the side in the downtime between wars and just let the ai fight looters; like watch a stream/video.

im about ready to call it and mutiny the next time he chases a 3 stack of looters across calradia. bandit lord stuff (in the same mod) might be cool to try

Feel like my first lesson needs to be "don't go freelancer in the faction leader's party" because any proper fights they get in will only be when they form their own army. Second lesson is Sturgia's noble line doesn't get horses till way later than you'd expect.

Finally got Raganvad's loyalty high enough just through passive gain to get me to be a bodyguard. Eventually got my popularity high enough that I could mutiny and take like all but 8 of his troops with me, and *also* keep all my equipment.

Are you supposed to get something for days served because that counter seemed broken in my game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

Mesadoram posted:

:quagmire:

Did they fix your siblings starting with 1's in everything?

Yes; you now get cutscene decisions for all kids at ages 1, 2, 4(?), 14, and 16. Where you decide some stats and some get RNGed.

This means that you siblings start about PC level 1+ stats whilst still level 1, and your kids start at around lvl 4 stats at lvl 1 and the decision scenes themselves are hilarious especially for baby models.

Also, whilst the graphics aren’t anything amazing boy a javelin to the face is gory every time and looks hilarious. I got 800 damage on a galloping horse coming at me with one and the horse went flying, along with the rider.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Valtonen posted:

Yes; you now get cutscene decisions for all kids at ages 1, 2, 4(?), 14, and 16. Where you decide some stats and some get RNGed.

This means that you siblings start about PC level 1+ stats whilst still level 1, and your kids start at around lvl 4 stats at lvl 1 and the decision scenes themselves are hilarious especially for baby models.

Also, whilst the graphics aren’t anything amazing boy a javelin to the face is gory every time and looks hilarious. I got 800 damage on a galloping horse coming at me with one and the horse went flying, along with the rider.

my favorite is the animation when you shoot someone with an arrow in the rear end and they grab their rear end as they fall over

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

my niece and nephew, and any children will of course get the full horse archer education

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

lol this must be a guy I stripped naked and fired when I was playing last year

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Feel like my first lesson needs to be "don't go freelancer in the faction leader's party" because any proper fights they get in will only be when they form their own army. Second lesson is Sturgia's noble line doesn't get horses till way later than you'd expect.

Finally got Raganvad's loyalty high enough just through passive gain to get me to be a bodyguard. Eventually got my popularity high enough that I could mutiny and take like all but 8 of his troops with me, and *also* keep all my equipment.

Are you supposed to get something for days served because that counter seemed broken in my game?

yeah i felt doing the faction leader might have been a mistake for that but ended up having a bunch of huge fights so it kinda worked out.

only thing for days served I think is becoming a general (which doesn't sound too appealing)

freelancer posted:

Upon fulfilling certain requirements, you will be asked to join to faction as general. Currently, these requirements are not configurable but in the future, they will be.

You need to serve at least 200 days for that faction with a service level higher than 3 ( Means that only days where you served as service level 4+ will be counted. Days are not getting reset and can be seen in the reports menu)
You need to have 100+ Leadership skill

Beware, this is not the same as a vassalship or mercenary contract. In this, you are becoming a member of the Generals council. But you are not becoming a leader of that council. If you decline, you will get a minor relationship penalty but you will continue being Freelancer. If you accept, you will immediately get a mixture of units and be part of that sub-clan and faction. You will also earn 3000 to 6000 gold each week randomly regardless of your state and achievements.
As a member of this council, you will be able to participate in battles and kingdom decisions. However, you cannot disband your "clan" armies and get elected as town owner.
Once you become a general, you can leave the kingdom by going to Clans tab, and click the Leave Kingdom. This will impact your relationship with lords within the faction severely.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Valtonen posted:

An inbound enemy who suddenly gains a javelin in one ear certainly makes you pause and say "ouch."

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I also love how if you take a missile and live it's awkwardly sticking out of your guy's body until the fight is over

the after-battle cheering with troops going "Yeaaaaahhh!!!!! We whipped the bastards!!!" with three arrows in their stomach owns

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

yeah the real useful stuff in that mod is the free armor at the end and all the skill training while you're running around

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Babe Magnet posted:

yeah this is the reason I play M&B, finding a hill and ordering your dudes around while dodging arrow fire and hoping your small group of shield retainers can hold off this next wave of idiots who want to taste mace is unique as poo poo. Getting lost in the sauce is a plus, not a problem.

100% this.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

I’m just waiting for the next Viking Invasion mod so I can properly run this as an Uhtred BadDecisionsson sim.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

One thing that sucks in the vanilla game is that the main quest line is still 1.60 just stupid- the dragon banner gives you no advantage whatsoever, and just starts “lol all factions ally against you into an extermination war” timer - it’s like Taleworlds has no idea what to do with it.

It would be nice if the DB actually did something, like give a free 15M denar starting fund / X amount of extra income, loyalty bonus to settlements or free conversion of X amounts of lords so you could jumpstart a kingdom but noooo that would be too fun.

Right now for all kingdom starting purposes it is literally easier to just not bother with the drat thing.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I don't understand why it doesn't give you an auto-success on one check for your noble recruitment efforts or something similar.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Valtonen posted:

One thing that sucks in the vanilla game is that the main quest line is still 1.60 just stupid- the dragon banner gives you no advantage whatsoever, and just starts “lol all factions ally against you into an extermination war” timer - it’s like Taleworlds has no idea what to do with it.

It would be nice if the DB actually did something, like give a free 15M denar starting fund / X amount of extra income, loyalty bonus to settlements or free conversion of X amounts of lords so you could jumpstart a kingdom but noooo that would be too fun.

Right now for all kingdom starting purposes it is literally easier to just not bother with the drat thing.

lol what. is that really what happens with the quest? that it just ends out in a realm divide mechanic? why even loving bother then, might as well just play sandbox and not even bother

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
If you play sandbox you don't get two brothers and a sister though.

The main quest is super, super dumb. There isn't a way to console command out of it, I tried last night when I failed and was war-declared on by three kingdoms. Thankfully I could peace with one right away, had to fight the other two for a bit, now we're back at peace.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Well my genius plan got thwarted because Caldog got murked in a battle (not by me on "accident") and I hadn't been in the kingdom long enough. Oh well!

downout
Jul 6, 2009

You can just not complete the quest. It times out after ~800 or 900 days or so. I might be a pretty slow player tho cuz it's happened a few times to me.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

downout posted:

You can just not complete the quest. It times out after ~800 or 900 days or so. I might be a pretty slow player tho cuz it's happened a few times to me.

if you do complete it, how long does it take to devolve to total war? does completing the quests where you sabotage the cultist's efforts meaningfully slow down the speed of its advance?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

in my old save I have negative 2 billion days to complete neretzes' folly

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

terrorist ambulance posted:

if you do complete it, how long does it take to devolve to total war? does completing the quests where you sabotage the cultist's efforts meaningfully slow down the speed of its advance?

Each phase of the quest resets the timer. Getting the banner parts is 10-year timer (700 days) then assembling the banner (meaning you select a side, imperial or anti-imperial and whether you do it by your Kingdom or by giving ut ti existing claiming) resets it to 2700 days (35? Years) and the conspiracy timer can be Slowed down by making missions that occur Every once a while - and one of them currently crashes the game So you have to skip that-

Im not that far yet But I think once you complete the furst part (take over 2/3 of all imperial citues) and proceed to the forced Kill-everyone-war the clock resets again.

Logically thinking it is actually a somewhat solid framework to hook the Kingdom building plot in IF it was used to make it easier, not harder- currently it just is completely upside down.

Out of the top of my head simple dragon banner Buffs could be:

-x amount of free clan conversions
-X amount of money/money per day
-massive loyalty buff to settlements / removibg culture issues in settlement
-extra recruiting capability per town/more noble line recruits
-extra clan party slots
-ability to vassal individual clans/kings to your side after beating the beheezus out of them in peace treaty

But instead theyve just… decided to ignore it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah but the brother npc is buff as hell, he starts at like level 25 or some poo poo and you get him for free

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I just found out that blunt arrows are better against armor than regular arrows. I've been using regular arrows like a chump

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

there's blunt arrows?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

lol old save I guess

also this just happened

https://i.imgur.com/4rQHVDU.mp4

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

BMan posted:

lol old save I guess

also this just happened

https://i.imgur.com/4rQHVDU.mp4

lol

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I didn't capture it, but I got into a fight with 4 mountain bandits were underground. Only when I left the area and re-attacked did they show up.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I got stuck in a siege on makeb i think because a defender got stuck in the base of a wall tower that had a nonfunctional door, so it was just 300+ of my troops piling up against said door screaming.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
It's pretty whack that if you manage to kill every noble in an enemy faction, a new faction called "Faction's Generals" just appears out of nowhere with infinite NPCs leading armies of 50-70 with elite troops that also spawn infinitely.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

It's pretty whack that if you manage to kill every noble in an enemy faction, a new faction called "Faction's Generals" just appears out of nowhere with infinite NPCs leading armies of 50-70 with elite troops that also spawn infinitely.

What would the rationale for implementing something like that even be? Some sort of leftover internal debug feature? I honestly have no idea.

On an unrelated note, what is everyone's experience with prison breaks? From what I've read since they got implemented, people find them awful compared to Warband, because apparently you only get to free ONE out of any number of present prisoners, who will then promptly charge the town guards and get themselves knocked out. I'm asking because I cannot even get that to work - When I pick the conversation option that is supposed to turn the prison guard hostile, he verbally responds as expected... but then stays neutral (and thus invincible). I'm not an enemy of the faction I am trying to steal prisoners from, if that makes any difference (In Warband, it didn't).

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Gimmick Account posted:

What would the rationale for implementing something like that even be? Some sort of leftover internal debug feature? I honestly have no idea.

I guess the devs don't have an answer for "ok who owns all these towns / castles when all the faction nobles die?" so the solution is just to summon an infinite amount out of the ether.

Pretty weak.

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.
They should just rebel in that case.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

I guess the devs don't have an answer for "ok who owns all these towns / castles when all the faction nobles die?" so the solution is just to summon an infinite amount out of the ether.

Pretty weak.

The whole noble system seems weird. Does it matter who you marry in terms of traits? Or is just to create an army of mini-me's to keep playing? And the courtship is like...3 questions. Definitely not working as intended (I hope)

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I guess the devs thought it was unlikely that any player would ever murder all the lords in one faction. Too much lord-murder for Mount&Blade: Murderlord.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Gimmick Account posted:

On an unrelated note, what is everyone's experience with prison breaks? From what I've read since they got implemented, people find them awful compared to Warband, because apparently you only get to free ONE out of any number of present prisoners, who will then promptly charge the town guards and get themselves knocked out. I'm asking because I cannot even get that to work - When I pick the conversation option that is supposed to turn the prison guard hostile, he verbally responds as expected... but then stays neutral (and thus invincible). I'm not an enemy of the faction I am trying to steal prisoners from, if that makes any difference (In Warband, it didn't).

they are pretty tough and you have to have specialized civilian equipment. some perks are also highly useful, movement speed, 1h, probably should have a small weapon because it's mostly inside small hallways, and there's some bandit perks that can help too. To do prison break you have to goto the lord's hall screen from the map, then the prison and click the prison break button.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tree Bucket posted:

I guess the devs thought it was unlikely that any player would ever murder all the lords in one faction. Too much lord-murder for Mount&Blade: Murderlord.

Considering the hostile AI lords always outnumber useful friendly nobles by at least 10-1 and have unlimited amount of free armies instantly available (their starting stack after feeding is around 75 dudes, mostly recruits But 5 of those stacks and boom new enemy Army outta nowhere) murdering everyone is literally the only reasonable player assumption to take over meaningful amounts of territory.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

The western empire has no fiefs and like 3 lords left and they just re-declared war on us. Come on guys, give it up

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I think I'm done with my latest playthrough. I went through enemy armies and lords like a hot knife through butter but their constant raids on my villages finally spurred my town into rebellion. I had stopped tons of raids and did plenty of quests for the town and village notables. There ought to be a way for me to spend my money to boost the town's loyalty.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
So killing every Vlandian noble not only made the Vlandians invent a new faction called "Vlandian Generals" with an infinite supply of insta-spawning pseudo nobles complete with armies, it also caused every other faction to do so as well. Riding through Sturgian lands, there were like 20 new "Sturgian Generals" armies running around in addition to the normal Sturgian armies.

They really have not improved the end game at all in the 10 years they have been developing this game. It's too bad because the basic gameplay is great, the battles are awesome, but they just keep loving around with the dumb rear end smithing and economy instead of creating an end game worth playing. Such a waste.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

ok this will be my preferred siege tactic from now on

https://i.imgur.com/qgiwePX.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys