Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think venti will be better because grouping is good and his cooldowns are better and Ayaka Q + Venti Q should be beyond good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011
Mondstadt, Liyue, Inazuma, Sumeru, Fontaine, Natlan, Snezhnaya, and Khaemri"ah is the order if the Story Preview is not altered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAlKhARUcoY

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
Is the new massive patch/update going to remove the permanent UserID number from the screen so I can play it on an OLED without fear of burn in?

SlyFrog fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jul 14, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Sumeru is next in line after Inazuma. I believe Fontaine is the one after that.

In other news I'm theorycrafting Ayaka stuff since I'm on track to pull her with my pity. Looks like a Freeze Comp is gonna be the ideal for her, stack Blizzard Strayer with the Cryo Resonance bonuses and take advantage of her 100% Cryo Infusion uptime. Preparing for the party setup and I'm thinking that a setup of Ayaka, Xingqiu, Diona, & Sucrose may be the setup to aim for. Xingqiu is the obvious premiere hydro applicator, Diona provides Cryo Resonance and can also be a battery for Ayaka's costly burst, and Sucrose can proc VV to further buff Ayaka's cryo damage. Anyone else have thoughts on all this?

This essentially works, though downgrading from the team based around Chongyun :v:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Venti burst doesn't pick up frozen enemies anyway does it? Ayaka seems like she'd fit with him well, though having an attack that hits high would help in case.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

This essentially works, though downgrading from the team based around Chongyun :v:
Downgrading, like, aesthetically?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The not having Chongyun part

Kale
May 14, 2010

No Wave posted:

They were. The reduction from H to DD was a big "controversy".

Probably not as big as when Tifa Lockhart was "censored" for the PS4/PS5 remake, by which I mean updated to a super high detailed CGI model well beyond anything I ever imagined and given multiple costumes including a very revealing "mature" outfit AND is still sporting as generous a bust as ever for a martial artist.

There's a couple sites out there like Censored Gaming and One Angry Gamer that seem to basically exist to give marching orders to the right wing gamer crowd to go out onto every gamer corner of the internet and threadshit about even if they conflict wildly with reality. It's always something like you describe where a character is taken from some original character design sketch of them having comically large breasts or something and scaled down to a "more feasible" DD size to work better with a character model render in a game that's going to need to be doing action heavy bending, weaving, pivoting and all that stuff.

If something happened with Rosaria (admittedly have not seen her story model at all in game, just what's in her character trailer) I probably would have neglected to notice in the face of her whole fetish fish net stocking outfit and sexy vamp walk from the trailer until the internet let me know all about it. It sometime amazes me all the on the nose sexual fetish stuff some people online just flat out ignore in video games just to bitch about one particular thing they feel is missing while I sit there and look at characters like Tifa or Rosaria and still can't help but laugh a little at how hyper sexual they come across while doing anime fighting stuff. Not to mention how much effort seems to go into character modelling their hips, thighs, breasts and costumes.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I do have a C2 Chongyun and he is a precious cinnamon roll but unfortunately Ayaka appeals to my inner weeb that loves stupid samurai bullshit combined with Vergil nonsense.

Either way something something that meme about Cryo Supremacy. Anyways, sounds like Ayaka/Xingqiu/Diona/Venti will be a good thing to make preparations for. I've been overdue for giving Xingqiu proper artifacts and talents anyways given I have him at C6 and he's still stuck at Level 50.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Going back and looking, I had thought it was just her boobs they made smaller and maybe the lace changed place. Nope, just the size, but mostly holy poo poo, the jiggle physics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSM3kbYOOMA&t=70s

Sure it's no soul caliber 3 or 4, but way more than genshin is usually doing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
All the boobs jiggle like that, even back in Honkai. It's just really noticeable because she's the only one with a boob sock that's bigger than Ganyu.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Dragonspine isn't as cold as it seems, or maybe having a Cryo vision helps. I cackled maniacally whenever she showed up. Not sure if they intended any of her scenes to be anything other than edgy.

Also, Traveler's blank stare really added to the hilarity

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

vaguely remembering a post from months ago about Inazuma difficulty

https://twitter.com/Genshin_Intel/status/1415026971147333634?s=19

wish granted

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

gandlethorpe posted:

Dragonspine isn't as cold as it seems, or maybe having a Cryo vision helps. I cackled maniacally whenever she showed up. Not sure if they intended any of her scenes to be anything other than edgy.

Also, Traveler's blank stare really added to the hilarity

This just made me realize how many lady characters have some kind of weird vacuum-sealed shirt thing going on. Also a lot of sleeves that aren't connected to shirts? Why??

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

dogsicle posted:

vaguely remembering a post from months ago about Inazuma difficulty

wish granted

HP Scaling doesn't necessarily making things harder, but it will definitely make fights much more annoying since they'll take longer.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah my memory of the discussion was increasing hp totals came up and i agree it's pretty low as far ways to "increase difficulty" go

this is at least targeted based on WL, and as long as these lv100 dudes have enough complexity to sustain the longer fights it should be nice

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Finally catching up on this latest event and put together a Sucrose centric team for the second one with XQ, XL, and Fischl and wow, that is just goofy as hell isn't it? So much swirl.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

inthesto posted:

Not that I'm an expert on Chinese accents, but I realized I had the Chinese dub on so I decided to check out Xinyan's voice. I don't hear any kind of noticeable accent from her. :shrug:

I finally decided to try out floor 12 of the abyss, and only managed to clear it with five stars. Well, I tried.

Congratz on the 5 stars. That's where I am now. Gonna give it a few more shots in the next two days and see if I can at least get that extra star. I just found out I forgot to equip any artifacts on my Bennet on my last run.

Those mages on the third floor really screwed me.

Do your characters need to be level 80 or level 81 to not have reduced effect on the level 100 guys?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

wow, it's AR56 and 200k AEXP day

in just under a month there will be another annoyingly long bar to fill

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

Multiple charges cooldown in a queue, so you can never consistently use it every 10 seconds. I had this idea when the set first leaked and went in game to confirm how it worked.

Since we were talking about charge cooldowns earlier and I've been trying out Klee in my ChongKazu team today, I wanted to share a discovery I just made (and should've realized earlier since I ran Sucrose for the longest time). Cooldown reduction snapshots at the time of use, not when the charge starts cooldown. So you can use both charges in quick succession and both will benefit from reduction as long as you were in the field. And, actually it's not being in the field but having the buff, which lasts a few seconds after leaving the field. Also, it's an invisible buff for non-melee.

Pretty cool, since it means double E as Klee goes from a 40s cooldown to 34, and Sucrose goes from 30 to 25.5.

Anyways pull on the Chongyun banner.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

Since we were talking about charge cooldowns earlier and I've been trying out Klee in my ChongKazu team today, I wanted to share a discovery I just made (and should've realized earlier since I ran Sucrose for the longest time). Cooldown reduction snapshots at the time of use, not when the charge starts cooldown. So you can use both charges in quick succession and both will benefit from reduction as long as you were in the field. And, actually it's not being in the field but having the buff, which lasts a few seconds after leaving the field. Also, it's an invisible buff for non-melee.

Pretty cool, since it means double E as Klee goes from a 40s cooldown to 34, and Sucrose goes from 30 to 25.5.

Anyways pull on the Chongyun banner.

Do you have Kazuha's C1? Does it stack with Chongyun's C2?

Edit:

While we're on the subject, do you do 12-3-2 with Chongyun/XQ/Sucrose/Diona? Or do you use Klee on that map? For the life of me, the pyro /cryo mage combo make life with the Abyssal herald hell. Getting frozen suuuuucks

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 14, 2021

Kale
May 14, 2010

Somehow some way after getting a proper 4 star weapon for Diluc (just Prototype Archaic but what a difference) to act as a proper Main DPS, going on a talent upgrading spree and with some serious help from food and a lot of practice I managed to bash together a team to Bronze all of the available Never Ending Battle challenges. The last one was the hardest by far because the buff is frankly kind of lovely, but just barely squeaked in 505 points. I honestly did not expect to be able to pull that off.

I realize I could really use Keqing, Tartaglia and/or Ayaka/Eula/Ganyu in particular on my team. Now that I actually have one I really notice the difference in a five star DPS characters compared to everyone else I have available. Like it's kind of not even close how much more damage he is putting out than anyone else I have and was cracking 5 digit numbers at one point with optimal buffs while most of my team struggles to crack 4 digit figures.

I have a few too many slow distance attacking type bow users and magicians but not really enough characters that can get up in an enemies face and apply pressure with good damage other than Traveler, Diluc and sort of Xiangliang. Noelle isn't quite ready yet but close so right now it's something like 2 sword users in Traveller and Kaeya with Kaeya lagging considerably behind. 3 bow users with Fischl, Diona and Amber with Amber being back at level 40 and Diona feeling like more of a support character, 1 Polearm user in Xiangling who is pretty good but not as good as Diluc anymore for Pyro and occasionally filly more of a support DPS role, 2 Claymore users I mentioned, and 3 Catalyst users in Lisa, Ningguang and Sucrose with Sucrose not really being suitable for combat just yet.

So yeah could really use some more close in fighters of more elements than just Fire, Anemo and earth.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Congratz on the 5 stars. That's where I am now. Gonna give it a few more shots in the next two days and see if I can at least get that extra star. I just found out I forgot to equip any artifacts on my Bennet on my last run.

Those mages on the third floor really screwed me.

Do your characters need to be level 80 or level 81 to not have reduced effect on the level 100 guys?

I could tell you, because I run all my point characters at level 90

The people who are capable of leaving their characters at 80/90 are much stronger than I am

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Do you have Kazuha's C1? Does it stack with Chongyun's C2?

Don't have C1, but it should stack. It works with Anemo resonance, however marginal.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

While we're on the subject, do you do 12-3-2 with Chongyun/XQ/Sucrose/Diona? Or do you use Klee on that map? For the life of me, the pyro /cryo mage combo make life with the Abyssal herald hell. Getting frozen suuuuucks

It's tricky, but you can swirl the Pyro mage to break Cryo. When you spawn them, try heading towards the Pyro's side, but far enough that the Cryo teleports next to him. Then try to center your burst on the Pyro. Kazuha has an infinitely easier time doing it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/546631

sadly you cannot garden philanemo mushrooms

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

dogsicle posted:

https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/546631

sadly you cannot garden philanemo mushrooms

in 3.0 we will be able to put mushroom spores on any outdoor furniture

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

No Wave posted:

The simplest fix to make Xinyan less bizarre would be to give her the same healing mechanic as Noelle. She would still never be optimal but she would be less impossible to build a comp around.

I think she feels very nice to play, and I hope to build her soonish, but there are a few others ahead of her in the queue.

For me and my Eula team, she got WAY more usable after I got her C2--healing could be nice, but just folding the shield into her burst by default and tacking something else onto to burst crit for her C2 (Better shield multiplier? Def scaling on her burst?) would go a long way. That or reducing her shield cooldown.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It's really funny that they put Sweet Flowers into that gardening batch. As if we ever run low when you trip on like 30 of the things when you're running anywhere.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Captain France posted:

For me and my Eula team, she got WAY more usable after I got her C2--healing could be nice, but just folding the shield into her burst by default and tacking something else onto to burst crit for her C2 (Better shield multiplier? Def scaling on her burst?) would go a long way. That or reducing her shield cooldown.

There's just no reason for her E to have that long a cooldown. Even halved it wouldn't be that great. Her burst is really the only thing special she has, being a huge physical nuke. That is, until Eula dropped, but at least Xinyan doesn't need to be out on the field to get the most of it.

She's just a mess of conflicting attributes. On top of the issues with her shield and DEF scaling, Pyro is an awkward element to fit into a physical team. Her C2 is nice for the autocrit, but then it causes you to potentially mess up superconduct with the Pyro DoT.

I'm still holding out hope that she can somehow become a vape enabler with her off-field Pyro. Maybe Kokomi could be the key.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

ninjoatse.cx posted:

If you are talking about pushing/pulling enemies via anemo or whatever, then yes, levels matter, but if you are talking about effectively clearing the abyss:

No, it's really about your artifacts, the characters, and player skill:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1BM4y1u7Pw (AR 35 full 1.6 abyss clear)

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1k64y1r7Xq (4* character/weapons only subpar artifact substats full 1.6 abyss clear)

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's really funny that they put Sweet Flowers into that gardening batch. As if we ever run low when you trip on like 30 of the things when you're running anywhere.

If you're not growing at least a few sweet flowers for Sucrose you are not using the gardening feature right. :colbert:

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SlimGoodbody posted:

This just made me realize how many lady characters have some kind of weird vacuum-sealed shirt thing going on. Also a lot of sleeves that aren't connected to shirts? Why??

Answer to both: Animating cloth in a complex way (free flowing for non-vacuum stuff, seams between main cloth and sleeves) is hard and these are easy workarounds.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Inb4 no sweet flowers in Inazuma.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

holy poo poo gardening!

now all we need is fishing :getin:

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hexel posted:

holy poo poo gardening!

now all we need is fishing :getin:

And diving/underwater movement, really hope we get that with Fontaine.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Early on in my post-AR 45 artifact farming I'm getting a weird number of Maiden's Beloved feathers with beautiful substats, which is mildly irritating. On the one hand it's like, okay, I'll file that away to be a good off-set piece for someone down the road. But it's still one of those "aw, come on" feelings.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Not getting the set you want is annoying but definitely keep anything good. Ningguang, Keqing, Xiao, and Fischl are all good carriers for random great artis (though if you do find yourself farming millelith Fischl wants that). Plus you do find on-set goblets + helmets on occasion. My Tartaglia has 4 piece hydro with off piece flower.

Set bonuses are only super important for Venerer, Blizzard Strayer, Noblesse, Millelith, Gladiator, and crimson witch, if the character isnt using one of those you can often do better just getting by with no 4-set bonus.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jul 14, 2021

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

At the very least flowers and feathers seem like the easiest slots to get good pieces for, if only because the main stat is set so that's one (of many) elements of RNG that you don't have to worry about.

But yeah I'm making a habit of keeping/locking any 5* artifacts that have good starting sub-stats just in case they roll good upgrades and make good off-set pieces.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm having that same thing i swear someone else was having, my VV farming is dropping a ton of ele%. got two identical phys% with atk%/crit/hp%/def% and a pyro% yesterday. also pulled out anime promising crit hat that can roll all into def%, no progress on Barb's maiden set or EM pieces

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

The magic of this post is at the 1:44 mark. Thank you for posting it. I never would have thought to have tried googling 1.6深境螺旋:世界3深境螺旋12层满星.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

That'll do, battle pass wish. That'll do.

But who even wants Aquila Favonia? Jean? Phys Keqing (I don't think I even have a second phys Goblet to give her)? I mean I'm going to get it to 90 anyway but I have no clue who should use it.