Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

What a good loving Rude Tales holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh poor Stirfry.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Does YOUR favorite actual play podcast have a Tolstoy quote and a giant flesh kaiju piloted by a near-man called Brian gently caress? Not if it's not this one, baby.

I did laugh hardest at NPC Joe Lepore

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Deathlove posted:

Does YOUR favorite actual play podcast have a Tolstoy quote and a giant flesh kaiju piloted by a near-man called Brian gently caress? Not if it's not this one, baby.

I did laugh hardest at NPC Joe Lepore

I preferred Aly's reaction to Bellow having a note for Albee in his pocket that he pulled out while falling. It was just such an immediate response to a throwaway line.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I can't believe that Bofa deez nuts

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You're thinking of dungeons and daddies

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

flavor.flv posted:

You're thinking of dungeons and daddies

I've been trying to get into that, but I'm bouncing off a bit. should I stick it out?

Lmao Tzu
Sep 11, 2014

Empty Sandwich posted:

I've been trying to get into that, but I'm bouncing off a bit. should I stick it out?

It’s not as good as Rude Tales but it’s decent. It has a similar emphasis on being funny over meticulously following D&D rules.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

It's not as cartoonish as Rude Tales but the characters are fantastic and their performers really bring them to life

DnDaddies also is much more willing to completely grenade their own adventure in service of a joke, bit or bad dice roll

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
How many time has Rude Tales ended a combat sequence by having the party do official moves until the enemy’s hit points are reduced to zero? There was the spider fight between Kevin and the Soaking Valley, and maybe some short run-ins with guards.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dr Christmas posted:

How many time has Rude Tales ended a combat sequence by having the party do official moves until the enemy’s hit points are reduced to zero? There was the spider fight between Kevin and the Soaking Valley, and maybe some short run-ins with guards.

They did a whole battle in the sewers that got entirely cut in editing because it was borring to listen to.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Dr Christmas posted:

They're grinding mobs in between episodes.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Bellow pulling a classic Captain Kirk move on Ordelia.

Stirfry's speech being technically a curse feels like a joke from the rest of the cast getting annoyed with Tim's rambling. I would of course die kill for him, but him losing his speech power feels like Branson demanding a reprieve.

Did they go back to in-person recording? I feel like there was a lot more of the rest of the cast reacting to what others were doing, especially Carly laughing/cheering/gasping (which is delightful).

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Bellow pulling a classic Captain Kirk move on Ordelia.

Stirfry's speech being technically a curse feels like a joke from the rest of the cast getting annoyed with Tim's rambling. I would of course die kill for him, but him losing his speech power feels like Branson demanding a reprieve.

Did they go back to in-person recording? I feel like there was a lot more of the rest of the cast reacting to what others were doing, especially Carly laughing/cheering/gasping (which is delightful).

To your last point, I think they might be recording more 'in person' with the whole cast. I have a feeling that Branson used to have specific individuals on for their parts alone, but has switched to having everyone present for "individual" moments. I really love it. The bit about the note was absolutely amazing.

As for Tim, I get the feeling that everyone in the cast knows him, and his ramblings aren't new to anyone. Stirfry is amazing, but I feel like Tim is the kind of player who would monologue for an hour straight if someone didn't stop him. Part of why I really love this podcast is that other players or the DM can interrupt Strirfry but not make him feel like he isn't welcome to the table. Tim comes across to me as the kind of person who can be given the barest of information and just build and entire improve skit around it. That kind of imagination is absolutely amazing to me. I guess I'm saying I love Stirfry, but man Tim can be an annoying rear end in a top hat sometimes because he has no filter and other people need to just stop him at times.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The Repo Man posted:

As for Tim, I get the feeling that everyone in the cast knows him, and his ramblings aren't new to anyone.

About half of the Rude Talks of Chatting start with the cast passing a bit round, culminating with Tim coming in and talking it to death. They're all very aware of their roles and what they're doing.

The Stirfry's Dream segment is an absolutely incredible demonstration of Tim's stream of consciousness improv ability. It's definitely something you can't do too often because it dominates the show but it's great every once in a while.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I don't think anyone else could pull off exquisite nonsense like BY THE BEAK OF MINE OWN!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the "if you stop to gloat, you'll definitely get attacked" was very much a hilarious punishment, but there's no way the rest isn't for narrative

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Empty Sandwich posted:

the "if you stop to gloat, you'll definitely get attacked" was very much a hilarious punishment, but there's no way the rest isn't for narrative

I don't know if it was a punishment as much as it was he knew what Tim would do. I know if I was given that warning I would gloat anyways, he just got screwed with the nat 20.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
new podcast:

https://ohthesethosesavagestars.simplecast.com/

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Hell yeah

EDIT: Haha, ohthesethosesavagestars.com redirects to the wiktionary for cavalier:

Paper Tiger fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 12, 2021

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I am honestly surprised and delighted, I was sure the ARG they were doing on the discord was just a big joke.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is that... main cast Taylor? Be still my beating heart

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Oh interesting. I was wondering how’d they handle RT’s story ending as it seems to have a pretty clear arc and conclusion in mind. Making each “season” or whatever it’s own podcast is a neat way to handle it. Though I’m used to how the McElroys do things so who knows if that’s novel or not.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

some plague rats posted:

Is that... main cast Taylor? Be still my beating heart

Yup! I'm really excited for a regular show with him, he's consistently great in bonus episodes.

Warbird posted:

Oh interesting. I was wondering how’d they handle RT’s story ending as it seems to have a pretty clear arc and conclusion in mind. Making each “season” or whatever it’s own podcast is a neat way to handle it. Though I’m used to how the McElroys do things so who knows if that’s novel or not.

Rude Tales isn't even close to ending (they've made that clear in Rude Talks of Chatting) this is just another show they're also doing concurrently.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Oh I didn’t mean that. I mean that Rude Takes has an ending and wasn’t intended to be an in perpetuity sort of thing. Do they have a “brand” or umbrella term or whatever that all their stuff falls under?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Fortunate Horse is Taylor's production "company"

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

Fortunate Horse is Taylor's production "company"

Is... it a real horse?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
uuuuuugb

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oops, this just went up on the Patreon:

REMINDER: SHHHH!!!
Hey everyone- we're busy putting the final touches on our big public launch of the new show. We'd ask that you hold off on talking about it on social media until you see the Rude Tales or our personal accounts posting about it.

In other words: continue being cool! Thank you!

So keep this new podcast under your hats, the information should be safe and sound on the dead gay site that is something awful, but no one tweet this poo poo out capeesh?

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

poor life choice posted:

Is... it a real horse?

It's named after Joe Lepore

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oops, this just went up on the Patreon:

REMINDER: SHHHH!!!
Hey everyone- we're busy putting the final touches on our big public launch of the new show. We'd ask that you hold off on talking about it on social media until you see the Rude Tales or our personal accounts posting about it.

In other words: continue being cool! Thank you!

So keep this new podcast under your hats, the information should be safe and sound on the dead gay site that is something awful, but no one tweet this poo poo out capeesh?

Oh, I get.. I get it. *wink*

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Rude Tales isn't even close to ending (they've made that clear in Rude Talks of Chatting) this is just another show they're also doing concurrently.

I hope this is true!! Their last Rude Levels of Upping had a throwaway comment about how it might be the last one, which has made me mildly sad ever since. Never thought I'd love a podcast this much.

I broke down and bought tickets to the live show even though I'm traveling all over the country in September and will be totally beat, but as soon as I realized it's during a fleeting window of me being NYC-adjacent after flying across the country, I had to. Super excited.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
If you want to hear more of Taylor without subscribing to the Patreon, Taylor is a sort of co-GM on Fun City Ventures. He roleplays antagonists, neutral NPCs who might get everyone in trouble, and anyone who does an accent.

It’s not an overt comedy, but it’s pretty funny. I’ve heard people more familiar with TTRPGs say that it does the impossible by making Shadowrun seem fun!

Since the pandemic started they’ve been playing a game of Stillfleet in what was meant to be a mini campaign but has since grown to be as long as the main show, with the final episode coming soon. It’s an RPG developed by a friend of the main GM, set in a weird far-far-FAR-future setting. The rules let players do some crazy “invoke this move and plot will happen” kinda stuff.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I really wanted to like fun city ventures but I just can't get into it. If I hadn't listened to rude tales first I might be able to but now it just sounds like Taylor and the B-Team to me :(

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

some plague rats posted:

I really wanted to like fun city ventures but I just can't get into it. If I hadn't listened to rude tales first I might be able to but now it just sounds like Taylor and the B-Team to me :(

Rude Tales of Magic has ruined me for other role playing podcasts.

It's just the perfect balance of everything I find funny and I've yet to find another show that makes me laugh half as much.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’m finally caught up on the show and poor Stirfry :smith:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Alright, the trailer has been officially released: https://ohthesethosestarsofspace.simplecast.com/episodes/teaser-trailer

NOW you can tweet about it!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I've been wearing my Stirfry t shirt a lot this summer, since it's basically my only lightweight white t shirt. It's very powerful and has caused me to say, "it's from a podcast" at least 10 times this month.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Professor Wayne posted:

I've been wearing my Stirfry t shirt a lot this summer, since it's basically my only lightweight white t shirt. It's very powerful and has caused me to say, "it's from a podcast" at least 10 times this month.

I've had to say the same thing about my tie dyed Riddle Guy many times as well!

Strangely, no one has ever questioned my DeBonesby shirt. I guess a skull in a pink wig needs no explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Which rudetales ship are you: https://quiz.tryinteract.com/#/60e662d25ffef900173d530b