Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
On the one hand, pretty bad storytelling to have the main villain be someone that has never even been mentioned in the show until their first appearance, not very narratively satisfying

On the other hand, gently caress YES JONATHAN MAJORS OWNS

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIT :yeshaha: It's MAJORS TIME!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jonathan Majors is so goooooooooood

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
god Jonathan Majors really owns so much

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Wow, that is exactly what I wanted.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
so, this means ‘he who remains’ was Kang, right?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:psyduck:

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
Not even sure I understood what happened.

But hey, Season 2!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Lum_ posted:

so, this means ‘he who remains’ was Kang, right?

Yes. That statue Loki stares at in the last second is basically Kang’s classic comic look.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lmao that ending WHAT THE gently caress

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Okay, that absolutely stuck the landing, holy poo poo. Really electric for something that's really mostly exposition, but that just goes to show how good Jonathan Majors is.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

Okay, that absolutely stuck the landing, holy poo poo. Really electric for something that's really mostly exposition, but that just goes to show how good Jonathan Majors is.

Yeah like objectively it’s not SUPER satisfying but Majors is just so good that it ended up being great anyway

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Yeah, we needed more build up to that reveal. However, beyond that, I think that was as good a climax and cliffhanger you could ask for.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Loki finale spoilers without actually being spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxNsIBJOAA8

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Who the hell was the other asset or agent or whatever they called it that Renslayer and Mobius kept mentioning?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
If you ain't seen the episode yet absolutely do not hover any of these spoiler tags lol

LMAO IT WAS ACTUALLY KINDA KANG! Jonathan Majors ATE THAT poo poo UP TOO. gently caress yeah

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ok I'm not very happy that it ended on a gigantic cliffhanger. Also since the multiverse clearly exists in upcoming MCU movies that means they take place after Loki right? But it'd have to be after Loki season 2 too since the TVA exists outside of a normal timeline. Meaning we already know the Kang problem is dealt with(though he's also going to show up in Antman 3).

EDIT: So Kang's tech is just better than even Infinity stones then? Or do they just not work outside their own universe?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jul 14, 2021

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I feel like that was a terrific introduction for Kang but a terrible finale for a Loki show

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

My reactions:
YES :swoon:
NOOOO
FUCCCKKKKK

Did everyone in the TVA got brain washed again? Or did Loki accidentally ended up in the wrong universe?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kang ate up every single scene he was in. So so so so good.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Desperado Bones posted:

My reactions:
NOOOO
FUCCCKKKKK

Did everyone in the TVA got brain washed again? Or did Loki accidentally ended up in the wrong universe?

I’m pretty sure that Loki got sent to a universe where he never met Mobius or anyone else at the TVA.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Desperado Bones posted:

My reactions:
NOOOO
FUCCCKKKKK

Yeah I'm confused about this part too. It seems like the TVA's past was changed Planet of the Apes style, but I thought they existed outside of time. Maybe since there are multiple Kangs there are now multiple TVAs? Alternatively Sylvie did something to remove Loki from the timeline or something.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Loki absolutely got sent to another universe, that's why there was a Kang statue.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Infinitum posted:

Loki finale spoilers without actually being spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxNsIBJOAA8
Goddammit I was hoping nobody beat me to this punch.

That was a fantastic and phenomenal episode. Sure it's a shame that it ends on a massive cliffhanger but let's be honest here... after what the last two shows did, I'll take it. They warmed me up to the fact that this was never going to be a closed case of a show, that it was meant to introduce stuff for the movies, and... quite frankly, the fact that the TVA and its connected actors are going to be around for Season 2 and the implications of what they could go out and do with this setup really makes me sigh a sigh of relief. This premise is too good to wrap up and if that means a lovely cliffhanger, by all means, go for it.

I usually keep my media player at 50% volume but when the end credits music hit I cranked it to 100% and enjoyed myself. Love this theme song and love this composer. Season 2 of Loki can't come soon enough.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jul 14, 2021

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Desperado Bones posted:

My reactions:
NOOOO
FUCCCKKKKK

An alternate universe Kang has taken over the TVA and reset everything

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Oh my gods, they went there. And then then went a whole bunch of other places that I didn't think they'd go.

I didn't think they could stick the landing—neither WandaVision nor FatWS really nailed it, but I think Loki did. Wobbled just a little, but better than I had any right to expect.

But curse my human body for staying up to watch it the moment it became available, on a school night even. Gonna call in Loki to work tomorrow, maybe.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Arist posted:

Loki absolutely got sent to another universe, that's why there was a Kang statue.

Yeah, I thought that!

Firebert posted:

An alternate universe Kang has taken over the TVA and reset everything

But this could also work too!

Also lmao that they threw some fake scenes in the trailers! LOL The Loki in the throne never happened, lmao that was clever.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Desperado Bones posted:

Also lmao that they threw some fake scenes in the trailers! LOL The Loki in the throne never happened, lmao that was clever.

They might just be deleted scenes.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Jet Jaguar posted:

Oh my gods, they went there. And then then went a whole bunch of other places that I didn't think they'd go.

I didn't think they could stick the landing—neither WandaVision nor FatWS really nailed it, but I think Loki did. Wobbled just a little, but better than I had any right to expect.

But curse my human body for staying up to watch it the moment it became available, on a school night even. Gonna call in Loki to work tomorrow, maybe.

The only good thing about working 2nd shift is that I can stay up late enough to watch these when they drop and not gently caress up my sleep schedule.

Goddam this would good. A new bar has been set for the MCU.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Honestly I'm completely satisfied with the ending, but maybe that's partly my sleep deprived brain talking.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

I just realized something. We never got our jet ski!

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Desperado Bones posted:

Yeah, I thought that!

But this could also work too!

Maybe thats season 2 footage.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Jet Jaguar posted:

I mean, there’s gonna be a season 2!

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Geo Fixer posted:

Maybe thats season 2 footage.

Yeah, could be. Holy poo poo this show. There's a rumor that both seasons were filmed in one go. So we'll see!!

Jet Jaguar posted:

I feel robbed!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
When I heard rumbling in the distance I was expecting Sylvie to get Alioth to eat Kang. Kinda disappointed that never happened. But I guess she does have a immortal time cloud dragon as her pet now.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

I sometimes wonder why they've never tried to take down that first article. It's so embarrassing for them.

https://twitter.com/Judds_Bun/status/1415146964660805634

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

On the one hand, pretty bad storytelling to have the main villain be someone that has never even been mentioned in the show until their first appearance, not very narratively satisfying

On the other hand, gently caress YES JONATHAN MAJORS OWNS

If it had been someone we had seen before, what would that have added?

Also this is an ongoing story that at some point has to introduce new characters.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I can't believe Miss Minutes turned out to be a focused non-terminal repeating phantasm, a real nasty one too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Gonz posted:

I’m pretty sure that Loki got sent to a universe where he never met Mobius or anyone else at the TVA.

I expect that's what went down. Infinite branching timelines will mean infinite TVAs as well. I'm feeling pretty content with this ending, and I'm glad that they confirmed another season will be coming. With how much fun this season's been, and with lots of the table setting/exposition stuff out of the way, I'd be on board with as many seasons of Loki: time travel (and now multi-versal time travel) adventures featuring the drama of basically the ultimate star-crossed love as he tries to work things out with Sylvie. There's lots of fun ways to go with this next season too, and hopefully with the pandemic causing fewer issues we'll see the next season within two years from now. If there are two seasons and they were filmed back to back, I guess that'd be a much shorter wait! It also would help explain why this season was only six episodes.

I wouldn't call this an out-of-the-park home run of an ending, but none of the MCU Disney+ shows have really had that. And I don't blame them, endings are tough! I think all the shows so far have had good endings though, and this one came the closest to a great ending in my opinion.

I also watched the Tomorrow War right before this episode, and man the whiplash from really nonsensical time-travel stuff to fun time-travel stuff was quite something.