Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Zurtilik posted:

I shelved Yakuza 0. I'm a video games criminal.

Maybe I'll pick it up again today. I didn't dislike it, but I had just gotten a Series S and I had not had a non-Nintendo console since the PS3/360 days so there was a whole world of shiny doodads available to me on Game Pass.

the sentence is level five death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Simply Simon posted:

- Hades*
- Slay the Spire*

*as much as you can "beat" a Roguelike
all the fuckin way b*tch lmao

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Haha I rest my case and bow my head

I'm playing Hades on Switch so I don't actually know how much I have left; it surprised me that the story kept just going after the credits. It rules

StS I'm slowly working up the Ascensions. Up to 9 on every char rn.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A Plague Tale: Innocence. Pretty cool game and got much weirder than I expected

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
Just beat Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors for the first time. It is officially my new favorite game about a group of people picked to do an escape room who have perfect recall on extremely esoteric books and world history but are shocked by a toilet being in a bathroom

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

• Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Oxenfree
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Night in the Woods
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
  • Yakuza 3 Remastered
  • Binary Domain
  • Yakuza 4 Remastered
  • Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster
  • Mario Golf: Super Rush
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps

5/5 - Really fantastic game. It took a few things from Hollow Knight but it still retains its personality without coming off as a blatant ripoff.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs. As a horror walking simulator it was fine, as a sequel to the first game it was not very good. Also really short, I beat it in one 2 hour sitting

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

5/5 - Really fantastic game. It took a few things from Hollow Knight but it still retains its personality without coming off as a blatant ripoff.

I beat both this year and didn't see much similarity. What parallels did you find if I may ask?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

17. Valfaris - full metal mode

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Simply Simon posted:

I beat both this year and didn't see much similarity. What parallels did you find if I may ask?

they replaced the entire combat system from the first game with a sword that works almost exactly like the nail in hollow knight, including the ability to pogo on enemies (more limited though). they also adopted a simplified version of the charm system. i think that's about it though

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time

That was my favorite one easily. One more short game to go and I'm done till I get a PS5!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

23. Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death. Deece action game with a nice mix of fights and platforming and random bullshit like vertical scrolling shmups and turret sequences and mario 64 slides.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

b_d posted:

they replaced the entire combat system from the first game with a sword that works almost exactly like the nail in hollow knight, including the ability to pogo on enemies (more limited though). they also adopted a simplified version of the charm system. i think that's about it though
I can see that! I mostly compared Ori WotW to the first one, and liked how e.g. you could get double jump now without filling out the whole tree of semi-useful skills. It's very possible they saw Hollow Knight and decided to emulate it; thanks for the food for thought!

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Dragon Quest XI - If you haven't played it, play it now

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Yakuza 3

I was worried about this one, given that I knew it would be a mechanical downgrade from 2 and that the combat sucked, but I was really happily surprised with how much I liked it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Yakuza 3

I was worried about this one, given that I knew it would be a mechanical downgrade from 2 and that the combat sucked, but I was really happily surprised with how much I liked it.

yeah i really like the setting nd the beginning of the story. the Black Monday stuff was stupid but whatever, i like the kids and i like papa kiryu and his stupid hawaiian shirt

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

yeah i really like the setting nd the beginning of the story. the Black Monday stuff was stupid but whatever, i like the kids and i like papa kiryu and his stupid hawaiian shirt

This

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

Yah. The absolute best part was the second half of chapter 11 where the Ryudo family stuff comes to a head. Probably my favourite moment in the series so far.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Yah. The absolute best part was the second half of chapter 11 where the Ryudo family stuff comes to a head. Probably my favourite moment in the series so far.

yeah the ryudo family all rule too and that bit kicks rear end. 6 has a similar thing going with a small family and it also kicks rear end

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

18. Cubivore

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Judgment remastered version.

Awesome game, made me laugh a bunch. Can't wait for the sequel.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mario Golf: Super Rush, Golf Adventure. Fairly short and pretty good for introducing all the mechanics. The bizarre turn it took near the end was worth a chortle. Gonna train myself online while I wait for proper tournaments 🤞

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

11. Clock Tower (SNES) - ending B

Finally beating this was a treat. I've played it several times since it's original fan translation in the early 2000s but never finished it before. Great atmosphere and presentation.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Hades

Still playing it but I've now seen the credits. Very addictive game

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
22. Resident Evil Zero (Normal, Leech Hunter)

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wrong thread

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Arrhythmia posted:

That game is a top 10 all timer for me. Enjoy.

trying to jack off posted:

congrats on starting the greatest game ever made

Finished Outer Wilds and these statements are 100% true. Just an incredible experience from start to finish and I have nothing but praise for it.

Now I am playing Returnal.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Finished Outer Wilds and these statements are 100% true. Just an incredible experience from start to finish and I have nothing but praise for it.

Now I am playing Returnal.

congrats on loving it so much you even had to update your posting brand

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

congrats on loving it so much you even had to update your posting brand

It is one of the first times I have completely understood wanting to erase my memory of playing a game so I could experience it for the first time again.

Just eye opening moment of realisation and knowledge gaining after moment. Everything about it is fantastic and I would not change a single thing.

Plus when my gushing about it caused someone to make this awesome av for me I had to wear it :D

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus

Much better of a short follow up dlc type game than the last one. And that concludes my Ratchet and Clank journey until I can get a PS5. I think it's a pretty good series and I'm glad it's still going despite the hiccup with the movie.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

spanky's quest. got a low-grade fever and needed some nostalgia gaming. game's holds up, although th boss rush at the end can suck me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

links awakening switch. good game

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

9. The Last of Us Remastered (7/13).

story okay. I don't think I like naughty dog gameplay at all. everything I've seen of 2 looks miserable and gruesome so no more for me.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero

Kinda sucks when compared to Pirate's Curse. It's cool that they went the Shovel knight route of making a zillion remix modes with different movesets but the level design is so boring I have no desire to play any of it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. Far Cry
2. Far Cry 2
3. Halo 2 - Legendary Co-op
4. New Super Mario Bros.™ U Deluxe
5. Dying Light - Nighmare, All Side Missions
6. Halo 3 - Legendary Co-Op
7. Persona 5 Strikers
8. Halo ODST - Legendary Co-Op
9. Bravely Default 2 - True Ending
10. Super Mario™ 3D World - Co-Op
11. Code Vein - Good Ending
12. Halo 4 - Legendary Co-Op
13. Outriders
14. Nier Replicant - Ending(s): All Endings
15. It Takes Two
16. Resident Evil Village - Standard, all collectibles, all outhouses, all goats.
17. Mass Effect 1 (Legendary Edition) - Insanity, Renegade Lesbian, All Side Quests
18. Mass Effect 2 (Legendary Edition) - Insanity, Renegade Lesbian, All Side Quests, All Friends Survived.
19. Mass Effect 3 (Legendary Edition) - Insanity, Renegade Lesbian (faithful), All Side Quests, Dance Party, Synthesis
20. FFXIV: Heavensward
21. FFXIV: Stormblood

Got to credits so I'm counting this. Very cool expansion, the story in the fake-Mongolia part kind of drags but all the primal fights are sick and all the MSQ stuff in the last zone owns. My Warrior hit 80 before the end so I boosted a Ninja to now waste MSQ XP and it rocks, hitting the jutsu stuff is big time neuron activation. Excited to clean up all the post launch stuff and move onto Shadowbringers.

End of expansion fit pic:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
when are you getting to halo 5 legendary co-op.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shadowbringers kicks rear end.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Halo 2 Legendary (Solo)

this poo poo was hard as balls. the jackal snipers take forever to get past and everything takes forever to kill. felt like an epic badass when i beat it though

there's a mcc playlist to do it on legendary with all the skulls on and that seems actually impossible

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Laslow posted:

That fuckin’ rules.

There’s iOS games that don’t have server-side verification. I could edit files on my jailbroken phone and just beat people down. I’d really only do it to lamewads who would spend actual money on like Skee-Ball powerups and poo poo. The key is not to unload $100 worth of IAP powerups right away, you have to make it seem like they can outspend you to win, so they don’t give up immediately so you waste as much of their money as possible.

you have been sentenced to death

this guy just died, let this be my final warning to any of my haters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

this guy just died, let this be my final warning to any of my haters

Chuck killed him.