Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Franks Happy Place posted:

Just Scavved into Reserve at the 41:30 mark and am currently hiding in a corner while two (three?) weirdos off in the distance take turns tapping out "shave and a haircut, two bits" with rifle fire.

This game, man

trying to lure out Roger Rabbit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

guns are clogging up my stash and i do not know what to do

should i just vendor them?

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
definitely, you seem pretty flushed and it just takes up space that can be used for water filters and sugar.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

rap music posted:

guns are clogging up my stash and i do not know what to do

should i just vendor them?

Vendor them all except 2 or 3

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

yeah i'd just keep around a couple each short range and long range guns in calibers you have the ammo to run. then usually something so expensive i'm afraid to take it on a raid, but will gladly keep around just to play pretty gun dressup with any interesting parts i find

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Anyone else prefer guns (rifles in particular) that are single fire over the fully automatic ones? Like if this game had a M16 type rifle with single or 3 round burst (assuming burst fire is still not dog poo poo) I would probably use that 90% of the time. The ADAR and the Vepr have always been my work horses.

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
Absolutely M1A for life.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Anyone else prefer guns (rifles in particular) that are single fire over the fully automatic ones? Like if this game had a M16 type rifle with single or 3 round burst (assuming burst fire is still not dog poo poo) I would probably use that 90% of the time. The ADAR and the Vepr have always been my work horses.

I assume it helps if you can aim. My only PMC kills come from spraying at their torso and hoping they have bad armor.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

matryx posted:

Absolutely M1A for life.

:hfive:

Russian Remoulade posted:

I assume it helps if you can aim. My only PMC kills come from spraying at their torso and hoping they have bad armor.

Indeed, this game is a little weird when it comes to aiming. Gotta know what bullets to sling at what body party and when. Even headshots are not a guarantee kill.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Sometimes I know there is an enemy nearby before I'm killed, and SOMETIMES I can even shoot my gun before I'm killed :)

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Anyone have any good tips for hitting moving targets at 150-200m range? I know it’s different by bullet but I’ve been doing a lot of SKS sniping in woods and I cannot for the loving life of me hit moving targets

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

hello internet posted:

Anyone have any good tips for hitting moving targets at 150-200m range? I know it’s different by bullet but I’ve been doing a lot of SKS sniping in woods and I cannot for the loving life of me hit moving targets

it's tough since leading depends on a lot of variables like distance and target speed

i haven't found the sweet spot yet but rounds move fast enough that you don't have to lead by much

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Mesadoram posted:

If you feel this way (and I have done this a lot too so I'm down with it) then the Vepr 209 is the gun you want.

Cheap mods including a silencer available right from LL1, really good rear end ammo, and people hate them so much they won't even loot your gun half the time.

Like seriously if you want a semi auto rifle you are cheating yourself by not shooting people with .366, it's like throwing a brick at their head.

hello internet posted:

Single player Woods runs with your chosen setup to shoot lots and get a feel for the velocity and drop etc.

Franks Happy Place fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 14, 2021

RedFlag
Nov 22, 2007

hello internet posted:

General tip that it may help you is to work on sweeping your scope/sights along the same path of movement as your target. If they are running left to right, start aiming behind them to the left, catch up to them, and then fire to their right just as you pass them. I find that doing this as a rule helps make me a more consistent shooter--both because it forces me into one technique (learning by repetition, more consistency) and because something about the interaction between mouse and screen helps me with shot timing.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

hello internet posted:

Use guns with fast ammo and flat trajectories. .308/7.62 NATO or 7.62x54 rimmed are ideal. Second best will be 5.45 or 5.56.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

pov you are looting cabinets in current wipe

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I have yet to find a single flash drive but I do feel like grizzlies are friggen everywhere this wipe. I hate bringing them along but they sure are nice to look at in my stash.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Grizzlys are my preferred method to heal after raid once they are cheaply available on the flea. I only found one this wipe though and that's after looting tons of filing cabinets on my quest to satisfy loving Skier.

Also, great, GF's family just invited themselves to stay over the weekend. And I had hoped I could finally reach lvl 20.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Malefitz posted:

Grizzlys are my preferred method to heal after raid once they are cheaply available on the flea. I only found one this wipe though and that's after looting tons of filing cabinets on my quest to satisfy loving Skier.

Also, great, GF's family just invited themselves to stay over the weekend. And I had hoped I could finally reach lvl 20.

I currently have SIX grizzlies sitting in my stash and I’m not even level 10 yet. It’s been dumb.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

👍

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Been playing sparingly as of late so yesterday was my first real scav raid.

So uh, my scav rep dropped by 1.0 if that gives you any idea in how it all snowballed. I am so used to being afraid of everything as a scav and my rustyness made it hard to differentiate between scav and PMC. It's gonna take some time to get used to this.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Have you guys been having many fishy deaths? EFT subreddit is having a collective stroke about the game being “overrun with hackers” but I haven’t had any situation I’ve though was odd after 115 raids

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
ive had one death that i felt was potentially a a bit weird, only the second time in the entire time ive played the game. wasntcut and dry tho and couldve just been me being dumb.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
For every one suspicious kill by a hacker there's probably a dozen hackers running around avoiding all other players and plugging the best loot on the map in their rear end. It's just such an easy game for people to cheat completely unnoticed by the community.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

For every one suspicious kill by a hacker there's probably a dozen hackers running around avoiding all other players and plugging the best loot on the map in their rear end. It's just such an easy game for people to cheat completely unnoticed by the community.

is that why i'm regularly getting empty marked rooms

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Encountered my first cheater this wipe yesterday while in a team of 4. I was the last one to die which helped with understanding locations of death as after initial fire we all split in different directions on the resort in shoreline. first of our team died at the back, second in the west wing hallway, 3rd in a room in the west wing being shot through walls and I died 15 second later just outside the cafeteria on the north end of west wing with the shooter coming from the north. Same guy for all of us so I guess he is the fastest man alive. I died to what I thought was 1 shot, but listening to the shadowplay is 3 shots of m855 in one trigger pull.

Hopefully won't encounter something like that too often

rap music posted:

is that why i'm regularly getting empty marked rooms

There is currently a glitch on customs where people can get their head inside the marked room of customs from the room underneath it, its causing some grievances

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

WirelessPillow posted:

There is currently a glitch on customs where people can get their head inside the marked room of customs from the room underneath it, its causing some grievances

:discourse:

Fantastic.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I've only encountered three for sure cheaters in however many hours I'd rather not think about and they were all the kind where your entire squad just gets one tapped headshots in a split second despite being widely spread out. Besides those extremely obvious ones I dunno that I'd ever really even say that I've been suspicious of many people, if any.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

probably not

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

hello internet posted:

Have you guys been having many fishy deaths? EFT subreddit is having a collective stroke about the game being “overrun with hackers” but I haven’t had any situation I’ve though was odd after 115 raids

EFT subreddit is atrocious. Just an echo chamber for people who either don't like the game, or who are bad at it but refuse to engage with the game the way it's been designed because *mental gymnastics reason* or *huge entitlement issues*

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
if i die the other person was cheating, and its as simple as that

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

yeah the hackusations are out of control

it's not that i'm bad at the game it's just that literally every person is cheating

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Cage Kicker posted:

EFT subreddit is atrocious. Just an echo chamber for people who either don't like the game, or who are bad at it but refuse to engage with the game the way it's been designed because *mental gymnastics reason* or *huge entitlement issues*

The EFT subreddit is also now pushing conspiracy theories that the posts about hacking are actually made by the hackers themselves as a form of guerrilla advertising for the hacks. It's a special place.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
The game is too hard because there are people who play more than me and have better gear and more money, please fix this so I can compete, also anyone standing more than 10 feet away from me is OVER 100 METERS AWAY

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

hello internet posted:

I've only had one suspicious death so far this wipe; my two friends and I all got one tapped so close together that it sounded like one gun burst (and no, we weren't standing in a line). When I played CS:GO I frequently got 15-20 more kills than my teammates and would constantly get accused of hacking, so I tend to not do the same myself unless it's super obvious. There have definitely been times where I have to wonder how the hell someone seemingly knew my position but I usually just chalk that up to not being aware of the noise I'm making.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

I had one fishy death which seemed more like ping exploiting than hacking. Could have very well just been a hosed up server.

I do think that hacking is more of a regional issue though. Lots of hackers hack to RMT for a living so naturally in poorer regions encountering hackers would be more expected.

I still think the overall volume of hackers isn't all that high, at least not aimbot or ridiculous flying/no-clip hackers. The subreddit is a stupid echochamber, it's loving annoying. I have seen people seriously accusing BSG of colluding with the hackers because it ensures a steady stream if new sales or because they get their share.
I mean it's not impossible but still it's something extremely outrageous to accuse game devs of with no evidence apart from "they be Russians!!1"

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

hello internet posted:

I have had one death as a scav that made me think hacker. Everything else has just been sync issues on the lovely servers so I die behind cover a second after the guy shoots at me, or the shot was so far away that it isn't suspect.

https://streamable.com/fj67tc

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

one, maaaaybe two, out of many deaths were fishy

side note: i was wrong about coop exfils not diminishing

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Last wipe I had a scav run where I found a LEDX on Interchange and was immediately sniped from the second floor in one shot. That was a bit suspicious on a raid with ~8min left.

This wipe I’ve encountered more suspicious stuff - people finding me hiding in bushes and not moving, people knowing I was creeping up on them despite moving at the lowest speed, etc. Nothing definitive and certainly not a the pace Reddit talks about, but it’s seemed like more than last wipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

well into the 20s and still lookin for these goddamn prapor mags

e: oh right, crafting lol

rap music fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 16, 2021