Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I appreciate that even with this, it isn't smooth sailing. Poor Melt-kun is hosed and he knows it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Look at how happy she is :3:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Absolute trainwreck I can’t wait to see it in action.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Page 10: Producer-san were you stuck on Fyre Festival Island? :stare:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Annointed posted:

Absolute trainwreck I can’t wait to see it in action.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Kana is excited, it'll be fine. She can do it.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

What's next Aqua and Ruby are told to run Not Tumblr Con?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SpacePig posted:

Kana is excited, it'll be fine. She can do it.

And if it fails, she has no-one she'll blame but herself. No pressure.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

New chapter (50) is out.

:ghost:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

:allears:

:magical:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Welp, that went about as well as expected.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Well, gently caress.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mulderman posted:

Welp, that went about as well as expected.

Kana picked the exact worst thing to say, didn't she?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
"For this scene, you have to remember how your mother was murdered right in front of you. But have fun with it. Okay! Action!"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Kana is going to blame herself, isn't she? And she was doing so well.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That went better than I expected actually, I half expected Aqua to go full on bloodlust or something.

I wonder how Kana and Akane will react when they presumably eventually find out how Not Okay Aqua really is.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Acerbatus posted:

That went better than I expected actually, I half expected Aqua to go full on bloodlust or something.

I wonder how Kana and Akane will react when they presumably eventually find out how Not Okay Aqua really is.
I think Akane will realize that next chapter and spill the beans that she knows at the inevitable hospital scene. Knowing she researched the poo poo out of Ai, she puts two and two together and figures out Aqua's her son. Followed by catfights with Kana over her being the biggest dick alive.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, what the gently caress Goro?! Not cool, man! Please don't gently caress over your tensei'd self like that. :cry:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So this is interesting. So Ruby doesn't have this problem because she didn't live very long the first go around, but Aqua still hasn't caught up to Goro, and on top of that has mentioned that despite being a reincarnation who was fully cognizant as an infant, he is still affected by a childhood amnesia, so Aqua is actually an even smaller part. And it seems the two are starting to actively disassociate?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grouchio posted:

I think Akane will realize that next chapter and spill the beans that she knows at the inevitable hospital scene. Knowing she researched the poo poo out of Ai, she puts two and two together and figures out Aqua's her son. Followed by catfights with Kana over her being the biggest dick alive.

It'll probably make the fact she completely styled herself after Ai to attract Aqua a lot more uncomfortable for her in hindsight. :v:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Hello trauma my old friend

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Oepidus complex engage

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

this series... is good
https://guya.moe/read/manga/Oshi-no-Ko/51/

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

"It's nothing. Just a story I made up."

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

chiasaur11 posted:

"It's nothing. Just a story I made up."
:zoro:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Akane is so fantastic

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This relationship seems like it may get slightly uncomfortable.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Sorry babe I am an adult man whom was the doctor of Ai before I was murdered and then reincarnated into one of her children who watcher her then be murdered, it won't work out.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Trust Akasaka and trust the plan.

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
God this series is so good.

doomisland posted:

Sorry babe I am an adult man whom was the doctor of Ai before I was murdered and then reincarnated into one of her children who watcher her then be murdered, it won't work out.
Ironically, it turns out that's exactly her type.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
kana

is bad at this

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Trust Akasaka and trust the plan.
I trust that he won't get Akane killed after a failed suicide attempt.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The thing with Akane was probably in big part due to Akasaka being furious at what happened with Hana Kimura and, like, I don't blame him for putting shitheads on blast. While both Oshi no Ko and Kaguya-sama have some things that are probably going to end up with a somewhat crappy shelf-life, Akasaka telling cyberbullying assholes and lovely paparazzos to go gently caress a bucket of dog poo poo was probably Akasaka at his most incendiary. Like there have been parts where the storytelling gets uncomfortable (like right now), but never to the levels that said story arc got.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

OnimaruXLR posted:

kana

is bad at this

Imagine making the person you love go through ptsd and then as a result have your rival get close to him and understand him better than you do.

Kana good lord

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

New Chapter: More of Akane being a great character

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

"I'd help you kill em!" , chills

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jerkface posted:

"I'd help you kill em!" , chills

I was on team Kana, but Akane is really winning me over this chapter.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chiasaur11 posted:

I was on team Kana, but Akane is really winning me over this chapter.

Girls named akane are powerful

I rooted for her from the start because I like underdogs but man she's the best.

akanes chances of surviving let alone winnig Aquas heart are looking worse though

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 5, 2021

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Teen Angst but actually its middle age man who was murdered angst. Poor Akane you have no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

Girls named akane are powerful

I rooted for her from the start because I like underdogs but man she's the best.

akanes chances of surviving let alone winnig Aquas heart are looking worse though

I was going to say that troubled girls named Akane are under Gridman's aegis, but then I remembered

Dynazenon. And how people being expected to save their girlfriends went in that show.

Akane better hope Kana is around for the save, since I wouldn't bet on Aqua for this one.