Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Lol at Wal Disney being a Templar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

lil demolay baby

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

fuckin awful man christ

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1415412040684998662

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

One of Nassar's victims was interviewed on WBAI yesterday and I listened for about 3 minutes before I had to turn it off because it was just too upsetting. Sanitized version: these people are inhuman scum and it's not even grooming, they just start outright incorporating the sexual abuse into the routine along with the physical and psychological abuse when the girls are 6 years old. As long as they're winning medals, nothing else matters.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Chamale posted:

All the adult Disney fans I've ever known are also huge fans of neoliberalism, so it checks out
well, both are defined by their reliance on the fantasy of a magical "just world"

GWBBQ posted:

the framed pieces of F-117A, SR-71, and U2 I already own.
pics

GWBBQ posted:

The "magic bullet" theory strikes me as being in the same camp as the 9/11 controlled demolition theory
the magic bullet haters' biggest liability is the implicit assumption that bullets always stay in one piece and either continue in a straight line or come to a complete stop after they hit things, when this is absolutely untrue.

TenementFunster has issued a correction as of 23:29 on Jul 14, 2021

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Bullets generally can ricochet off bones etc, right? If so, is the "magic bullet" theory a stretch beyond that?

Related to the Disney and Nassar poo poo: It is incredible how comprehensively evil has won and how they only need to throw out a martyr every year or two to keep it all going, while credulous libs such as my parents or ex-gently caress-buddy compartmentalise further and further to avoid seeing the connections that are being screamed from the rooftops.
:suicide:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Tubgoat posted:

Bullets generally can ricochet off bones etc, right? If so, is the "magic bullet" theory a stretch beyond that?

Related to the Disney and Nassar poo poo: It is incredible how comprehensively evil has won and how they only need to throw out a martyr every year or two to keep it all going, while credulous libs such as my parents or ex-gently caress-buddy compartmentalise further and further to avoid seeing the connections that are being screamed from the rooftops.
:suicide:

The "magic bullet" theory came from the assumption JFK and Connally were sitting at the same height, when in fact JFK was sitting in a booster seat so more people could see him. The second shot went straight through Kennedy's back, Connally's back, then ricocheted off Connally's wrist into his thigh.

At this point, I'm pretty sure all the smoke and mirrors around the JFK assassination is an op to cover up the truth: Shooting the president is surprisingly easy

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Tubgoat posted:

Btw, the "magic bullet" theory was actually from the federal side.

quote:

Generally credited to Warren Commission staffer Arlen Specter[3] (later a United States Senator from Pennsylvania), this theory posits that a single bullet, known as "Warren Commission Exhibit 399" (or "CE 399") caused all the wounds to the governor and the non-fatal wounds to the president, which totals up to seven entry/exit wounds in both men.[4]

The theory says that a three-centimeter-long (1.2") copper-jacketed lead-core bullet from a 6.5×52mm Mannlicher–Carcano rifle fired from the sixth floor of the Texas School Book Depository, passed through President Kennedy's neck into Governor Connally's chest, went through his wrist, and embedded itself in the Connally's thigh. If so, this bullet traversed 15 layers of clothing, seven layers of skin, and approximately 15 inches of muscle tissue; it also struck a necktie knot, removed 4 inches of rib, and shattered a radius bone. The bullet was found on a gurney in the corridor at Parkland Memorial Hospital after the assassination. The Warren Commission found that this gurney was the one that had carried Governor Connally.[5] This bullet became a key exhibit for the Commission. Its copper jacket was completely intact. While the bullet's nose appeared normal, the tail was compressed laterally on one side.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Lmao, seven. Thanks, y'all!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

GWBBQ posted:

One of Nassar's victims was interviewed on WBAI yesterday and I listened for about 3 minutes before I had to turn it off because it was just too upsetting. Sanitized version: these people are inhuman scum and it's not even grooming, they just start outright incorporating the sexual abuse into the routine along with the physical and psychological abuse when the girls are 6 years old. As long as they're winning medals, nothing else matters.

my girlfriend only watches true crime poo poo and we're watching The Keepers on netflix about the murder of a nun and another woman in a small Baltimore suburb town and it all circles back to these 2 monstrous priests at the all girl high school who raped and abused WHO KNOWS how many young girls, and one woman gives accounts of multiple interactions and it's blood chilling.

just the most depraved, evil poo poo, and they're able to get away with it for so long because of the lies, ignorance, and power imbalances that put these victims into their sights and into their claws. and not only that! but they use all of the cultural baggage of patriarchy and religion to shame these people into silence, making them think it's their own fault, and they don't know if god can forgive them. the high school in this series was closed recently after the catholic church revealed it paid out an undisclosed amount of money to an undisclosed amount of victims and attendance cratered (good riddance) but the church is probably a whole other loving storage shed of worms

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Ardennes posted:

Btw, the "magic bullet" theory was actually from the federal side.

The nickname comes from people who think there were two shooters. Oswald fired three shots, one of which hit a tree, and the two men hit had a total of five entry wounds. The official theory that the second bullet caused a total of four entry wounds was derisively called the "magic bullet", but bullets really do that.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

thalweg posted:

The phrase "Disney Global Intelligence and Threat Analysis Department" is destroying my brain

Pirate those Marvel TV shows at your own risk, citizen.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

gradenko_2000 posted:

Disney: The JollyWest place on Earth

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

GWBBQ posted:

I absolutely need one of these because I won't believe that something this absurd exists until I have it in my hands and I also want to frame it and put it on my wall to form some sort of occult symbol between the framed pieces of F-117A, SR-71, and U2 I already own.

You can't casually slip that into the conversation and not post pics duder

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

GWBBQ posted:

I absolutely need one of these because I won't believe that something this absurd exists until I have it in my hands and I also want to frame it and put it on my wall to form some sort of occult symbol between the framed pieces of F-117A, SR-71, and U2 I already own.

get over to wright patterson and scrape off some XB-70

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

there arent any audio recordings or anything conclusively proving that only three shots were fired. the warren commission came up with that number by test firing the rifle and saying that three was the maximum number of shots that anyone could have shot using the rifle that was found in the book depository in the amount of time that the car was under fire in the zapruder film. notably many eyewitnesses claimed to have heard more than three shots.

notably, the house select committee on assassinations disagreed with the lone nut theory and said there was likely more than one shooter. in an entirely unrelated note, unlike the warren commission the HSCA did not count among its members Allen Dulles, who JFK had fired just a couple years prior after dulles's baby, the bay of pigs invasion, turned into a total shitshow and dulles went on a public tour blaming JFK for its failure

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

p sure something like more than half of eyewitnesses said there were more than 3 shots and that they came from the grass knoll

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
i like that oswald took the time to collect the brass and set them on their ends in a nice little row by the window

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

My favorite theory is that Oswald missed with his first shot, got Kennedy and Connolly with his second (the magic bullet), and then the Secret Service agent riding in the next car domed Kennedy

...with an accidental discharge after the car he had stood up in suddenly accelerated.

No idea if it's actually true, but it is by a large margin the stupidest possible scenario, and so therefore the one most likely to have happened.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The crazy stuff around the JFK assassination isn't the shooting itself.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
My favorite JFK theory is that, in response to the first shots, the SS agent in the passenger seat, turned around and, hands on an unfamiliar AR-15 and hung over from the night before, fatfingered the trigger and blew JFK's brains all over the car, and the entire conspiracy was to cover up an occupational whoopsiedoodle that would have made US intelligence services a worldwide laughing stock during the Cold War.

Not only does it account for all of the holes in the story (and JFK's head, amirite), it's the most hilarious possible explanation.

EDIT:

Azathoth posted:

My favorite theory is that Oswald missed with his first shot, got Kennedy and Connolly with his second (the magic bullet), and then the Secret Service agent riding in the next car domed Kennedy

...with an accidental discharge after the car he had stood up in suddenly accelerated.

No idea if it's actually true, but it is by a large margin the stupidest possible scenario, and so therefore the one most likely to have happened.

:hfive:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

OutOfPrint posted:

My favorite JFK theory is that, in response to the first shots, the SS agent in the passenger seat, turned around and, hands on an unfamiliar AR-15 and hung over from the night before, fatfingered the trigger and blew JFK's brains all over the car, and the entire conspiracy was to cover up an occupational whoopsiedoodle that would have made US intelligence services a worldwide laughing stock during the Cold War.

the SS at the time was wired on amphetamines 24/7

one of them 100% blew jfk's brains out in reaction to the missed shot

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

lol

lmao

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Excelzior posted:

the SS at the time was wired on amphetamines 24/7

this hangover sure is a killer! I'll take some extra bennies to compensate

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

OutOfPrint posted:

Not only does it account for all of the holes in the story (and JFK's head, amirite), it's the most hilarious possible explanation.

EDIT:

:hfive:

lol this is the most plausible JFK theory I've ever read

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

JFK getting shot by accident from one of his bodyguards is my favorite theory too.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The rifle the SS guy is carrying is an ArmaLite manufactured AR-15. It may have been an early enough model in the ArmaLite production run to still have the safety as originally designed. The safety was redesigned for later models because the original safety was too easy to accidentally deactivate.

bedpan has issued a correction as of 01:51 on Jul 15, 2021

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

gradenko_2000 posted:

Disney: The JollyWest place on Earth

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/verge/status/1415380056004861954

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Disney theme parks for a while has had mandatory wrist bands that can be radio traced more accurately can GPS depending on the situation.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

p sure something like more than half of eyewitnesses said there were more than 3 shots and that they came from the grass knoll

This is something I'd need sources on, because from what I remember reading years ago, most witnesses heard three or fewer shots and the veterans in the crowd agreed that it was three. Although I haven't been able to find the site I remember, I found this article. It also mentions that the guy who was mildly wounded by Oswald's first shot wrote a book saying the shooting was a conspiracy, which sounds like a good read.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

im da joker

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

bedpan posted:

The rifle the SS guy is carrying is an ArmaLite manufactured AR-15. It may have been an early enough model in the ArmaLite production run to still have the safety as originally designed. The safety was redesigned for later models because the original safety was too easy to accidentally deactivate.

While that’s possible, I think someone would have seen the muzzle flash from JFK’s car, or even the car in front of it. A fireball from an AR is hard to miss.

Though SS agents had spent a lot of time talking about how much they’d jump out of the way if Kennedy was a target. They aren’t exactly a liberal bunch.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/MPHProject/status/1415518237593325570?s=19

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved The Mouse.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Hey, I'm crossposting over here!

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

M I C
K E Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmILOL55xP0

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

i'm seein' double here! four great satan's!

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

bedpan posted:

Didn’t the secret service destroy all their records about the assassination too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Tubgoat posted:

not really imho. bullets can do unexpected stuff even in a uniform medium, much less a human target. the biggest problem the "lone gunman" theory has is less the bullets doing what they did after they hit people, and more holy poo poo Oswald's marksmanship/luck. dude *ripped* those shots on a moving, obscured target at a weird angle with a real clunker of a rifle. marine or no marine, that's an incredible feat.

TenementFunster has issued a correction as of 06:24 on Jul 15, 2021