Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I am a pump-kin

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I can't imagine how much of an arsehole you'd have to be to get $300,000,000 and hire your friends. Just give them some money you absolute gently caress.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Tiggum posted:

I can't imagine how much of an arsehole you'd have to be to get $300,000,000 and hire your friends. Just give them some money you absolute gently caress.

I could absolutely see someone feeling weird about being given a large sum of money, and the giver covering it by going "alright why don't I hire you for some bullshit task, here's a couple of million but for tax purposes we're gonna say it's a gift"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

other way round in the uk. gifts get taxed as inheritance if you die within 7 years of giving them, so unless they hold back like 40% you could accidentally financially cripple your friends after they spend all the cash on sex arses. i think if you hire them on a sinecure job the money's safer, but i am not an accountant.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Tiggum posted:

But really who are we to judge the hate-filled ghoul who sold Minecraft

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

other way round in the uk. gifts get taxed as inheritance if you die within 7 years of giving them, so unless they hold back like 40% you could accidentally financially cripple your friends after they spend all the cash on sex arses. i think if you hire them on a sinecure job the money's safer, but i am not an accountant.

So is she a dog or a person?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I’m assuming there’s a floor on the amounts this hits, but now I’m stuck with the mental image of getting phoned up at a funeral by a tax guy telling you he’s real sorry your friend got hit by a drunk driver, but you need to talk about the Xbox he gave you five years ago and how much you owe.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

So is she a dog or a person?

she is clearly both a dog and a person

she is not a human, if that is what you mean

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

So do you get taxed at all if the gift giver doesn't die, or is it just much lower?

Around here gift and inheritance taxes seem to be about same.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

The Bloop posted:

she is clearly both a dog and a person

she is not a human, if that is what you mean

Back, in two-thousands
She was in an infamous web comic
Don't pretend you didn't click

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This comic is from 2013, but it's still relevant.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I’m assuming there’s a floor on the amounts this hits, but now I’m stuck with the mental image of getting phoned up at a funeral by a tax guy telling you he’s real sorry your friend got hit by a drunk driver, but you need to talk about the Xbox he gave you five years ago and how much you owe.

From what little I understand about british licensing, this is how it goes.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hitmen for Destiny #16: Working for Destiny

==============

Hitmen for Destiny #17: Drill Squider

Lostclock continues to be somewhat of a dick

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Sorry for the double post but I literally just saw this. Powerup's doing a thing:

https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1415322024671682560

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
I read all of Hitmen For Destiny and oddly enough the boat farce was a real low point for me.
Truly an impressive amount of weird and unique creatures even in throwaway backgrounds.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Hitmen for Destiny reminds me of playing Moraff's World

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I'm happy for y'all but I feel physical revulsion trying to read HfD

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lostclock is a pure alpha chad. Lets emulate him like our other heroes, rorschach and the joker

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CPColin posted:

Hitmen for Destiny reminds me of playing Moraff's World

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
That leaf belongs in a museum!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
So do you!

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Grumio posted:

turn on your monitor

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Lostclock continues to be somewhat of a dick
Perhaps he comes from one of the more dickish universes?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

finalellipsis posted:

turn on your monitor

this is terrible advice to give someone trying to read HfD

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Grumio posted:

it's not a good comic

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Foxfire_ posted:

Perhaps he comes from one of the more dickish universes?

:hmmyes:

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More

Grumio posted:

Word. I’ve been convinced forever that everyone who gushes over it are all in on some elaborate troll.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Thorsby has some problems with art, character motivations and dialogue, but he's extremely good at setting up a long-term plot and making something happen in each comic. If you can get over the issues, the good parts are very good.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

the holy poopacy posted:

this is terrible advice to give someone trying to read HfD

:drat:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I finished reading all his stuff and HfD and Trixie are absolutely fantastic. No trolling, no equivocating, they're just great comics. Accidental Space Spy has more issues but I still generally liked it. Mind Chip is cool conceptually but the story didn't really do it for me.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

ChubbyChecker posted:

it's not a good comic

I've heard less whining from dogs on firework night

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Lurk Ethic posted:

Word. I’ve been convinced forever that everyone who gushes over it are all in on some elaborate troll.

yeah

it could very well be the greatest story ever told, but as long as it has moon over june level off-putting art it's unreadable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
The smart play is reading Trixie Slaughteraxe for President first, because the edges af the artstyle have been sanded down slightly, and then if you enjoyed that you know the rest of Thorsby's work is worth checking out.