Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

somepartsareme posted:

pitchers are the ones using pine tar, heathcliff writer

batters put them on their bat too to increase grip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbEHAsZxRYo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I assumed Heathcliff was trying to make a topical reference with the crackdown on pitchers using pine tar in the MLB right now but maybe I was thinking too hard about heathcliff

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I think the 2010 thread wasn't cynical enough about police politics by a very long shot

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (October 30, 2009)

Arlo and Janis Classic (October 30, 1999)

Garfield Classic (October 30, 1989)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell in: coming to terms (July 1-7, 2002)

You win a no prize for understanding that reference.

Modern Kevin & Kell

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens
Sure, give the mad scientist a sample of your baby's DNA. I'm sure she'd never do anything unethical.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
How else will she be able to clone the replacement after they get stressed and eat it?

Or is that only hamsters?

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

riderchop posted:

he's going to gently caress the corn

Buddy, they won't even let me gently caress the corn.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Slammy posted:

Outbursts of Everett True (September 5, 1918)

Up Front (May 16, 1944)

Up Front and wartime Everett True make for a very interesting tonal comparison.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

In the book Bernhard bluntly reminds Ester that as someone with commoner background she will never be accepted and only tolerated, and that she should just play her part and let the servants take care of her, but not make any decisions or give orders.

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Kennel fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 16, 2021

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

A face with a big smile? What could it possibly mean? So cryptic!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Mar. 31, 1946)

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

you broke my grill posted:

I love this cartoon because it shows things never change

A professor of mine in a medieval studies seminar put together an interesting collection of texts that he paraphrased - the first one was someone in the 1970s saying "before WW2 we were a simple, family- and community-oriented society, but now we're disconnected, living in a dislocated urban society."

Then in the 1930s saying that about the before WW1
Then someone from the 1910s saying that about the 1850s
Then the 1750s
Then the 1600s
Then the 1500s
Then the 1400s
Then the 1300s....

things certainly do never change.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 7/14/01

Brenda Starr 11/11-13/46

Smokey Stover 4/19/42

Richard's Poor Almanac

And that's it from me for a couple of days.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

EasyEW posted:

This is where the 2010 thread kind of trailed off on MiniSec temporarily.

Tomorrow night: Why that was a horribly shortsighted mistake. Trust me. This is something special.

Well, you've got me curious.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

holbrook comics are actually great because they're loving insane

My Lovely Horse posted:

I think the 2010 thread wasn't cynical enough about police politics by a very long shot

it's been a long decade

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popcom

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Author Unknown? Concludes!

John Allison's Patreon
John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website
My Author Unknown? intro guide password is TheOther

John Allison posted:

Well, there we go. Friendships made, issues resolved, worries flopping around at the bottom of the sea. For now. We probably haven’t seen the back of human-merman unholy chimeras. That was a new thing.

Lottie and Shelley will now return to their respective corners of the Scary Go Round Cinematic Universe. Both have new stories in the works, keep an eye out for The Great British Bump-Off and NEMS pt 2: Darkest Timeline – most likely next year.

A new Steeple story, picking up from “Christmas With Clovis”, will start on Monday.

So that wraps up the Steeple Special Author Unknown, what are the threads thoughts? I liked seeing Lottie interacting with the cast of Steeple, especially Reverend Penrose and I would have like to see more of that. My only real complaint was the Lottie's involvement was not really necessary, Shelley would have been able to fool her kidnappers with the bogus “Tibkins Codex”. Still it was a fun ride.

As Allison mentioned his next release will be a straight Steeple story. I don't plan on posting it here unless there is a demand by the thread.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
A solid crossover event where nothing of any real import happened and everybody just got to do their thing. I had a good laugh at Shelley directly addressing the "slightly horny aura" of every character in Steeple.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
^ Same. Allison doesn't always stick the plot especially for finales but I always enjoy his characters interacting. This also still felt better than the last Adult Lottie story.

Jucika "122 - Jucika Goes On Vacation"

"123 - Jucika's Summer" NSFW Nudity

What a gentleman.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The_Other posted:

As Allison mentioned his next release will be a straight Steeple story. I don't plan on posting it here unless there is a demand by the thread.

I like reading all their stuff so I would certainly like it if it were posted

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The_Other posted:

I wouldn't mind seeing the Steeple stuff if you don't mind posting it. I didn't even realize we were reading a crossover instead of just a new adventure with new supporting characters.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Oh good the chase is still going.

Mary Worth

Drew...:ughh:

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

She's so precocious and unpredictable!

Andertoons

No A3G today for some reason.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

So I guess this is going to be about how Tomaura is actually a Bad Girl who is taking advantage of Curtis, but why bother lying about going to the zoo? It's not like Curtis isn't allowed to go to the movies or something, just say you're seeing a movie and sneak in.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I really respect the pun-hustle of Bizarro.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Curtis regularly goes to horror films, apparently on his own. Is he buying tickets to those?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Johnny Walker posted:

Mark Trail

Oh good the chase is still going.

... Is Bee Sharp supposed to be circle drifting around Mark's Prius or something?

This feels like an Austin Powers gag about OJ Simpson low speed car chase.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

I like the running details about Henry & the Wizards in the papers. I want to know what their deal is.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I thought when Mark went off on his little tangent about animal camouflage that Rep would spot some street racers and blend his middle class car in with all the other beaters and legitimately fool Diana. That would've been a good set up and pay off for this strip:

quote:

The car's behind him, the car's in front of him...this chase makes no sense.

Instead:

quote:

Strip 1: Diana literally teleports in front of Rep's car, blocking it with the entire front 1/3 of her own car.

Strip 2, Panel 1: Diana is kind of sort of suggesting she'll block Rep's car with a few inches of her own, though in this position Rep could casually turn slightly and bypass her.

Strip 2, Panel 2: Mark is looking at the empty road/behind them. Heh.

Strip 2, Panel 3: Accidentally hitting her teleport switch again Diana ends up retreating several feet backwards and to the side, allowing Rep to engage in the daring escape maneuver of driving forward. Alternatively Diana chickened out when Rep revved and backed up.

The cars are in literally different spots and positions relative to each other in every panel. Compare Bee Sharp's yellow car in Strip 2, Panels 1 and 3. At this point the primary appeal of Mark Trail is to watch and see if it'll collapse entirely. :allears: I get the feeling that like New Nancy's first year that Jules wasn't entirely ready for these deadlines. It could also stabilize and be good(overall) but this storyline is a giant goofy dud and I can't imagine the wrap-up needed to save it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I still don't understand what Whatshiface and Bee Sharp's plan is. Mark and crew left and do not have any stolen objects on them.

... Wait, Diana Daggers? who's that? I don't remember that name coming up before, wasn't it... Tech Bro? in the car before?

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin under sail

Oh, he died. What a shame.

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä (February 18, 1995)

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

SubNat posted:

Oh, he died. What a shame.

The niblings may not have eaten him.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Mar. 31, 1946)

starting to think prince valiant is really good

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Classic Zits

Sylvia

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Zereth posted:

I still don't understand what Whatshiface and Bee Sharp's plan is. Mark and crew left and do not have any stolen objects on them.

... Wait, Diana Daggers? who's that? I don't remember that name coming up before, wasn't it... Tech Bro? in the car before?
She's Bee Sharp's extremely loyal director.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits