Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

You try having that conversation with the non-readers that can't even grasp the simple concepts of timeline fuckery yet. We have to ease them into multiversal upheaval. Like I said in the TVIV thread once you've been through 10 or so of these its easier to quickly grasp the concepts.

They just watched a show that featured an alligator version of the main character. They'll get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I don't think we're getting Majors playing Reed, but I do think there's a solid chance Watts casts a Black actor to play at least one of the FF, and Reed seems a solid choice (It also avoid the bizarre hoop jumping they did by casting Kate Mara and MBJ as siblings instead of just - no offence to Mara - casting a Black actress as Sue)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gaz-L posted:

I don't think we're getting Majors playing Reed, but I do think there's a solid chance Watts casts a Black actor to play at least one of the FF, and Reed seems a solid choice (It also avoid the bizarre hoop jumping they did by casting Kate Mara and MBJ as siblings instead of just - no offence to Mara - casting a Black actress as Sue)
They were on the right track with MBJ sure but I'm pretty sure that movie was just so they could retain the rights to F4 movies and bleed Marvel/Disney out of money down the road. Didn't matter who was cast as any roll.

Casting doesn't matter except Dean Norris should be Thing.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Gaz-L posted:

that's right we're getting william jackson harper as reed richards folks

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RealFoxy posted:

They were on the right track with MBJ sure but I'm pretty sure that movie was just so they could retain the rights to F4 movies and bleed Marvel/Disney out of money down the road. Didn't matter who was cast as any roll.

Casting doesn't matter except Dean Norris should be Thing.

That's probably why they financed an F4 movie at that moment in time, but if Fox really didn't care about the movie beyond that they wouldn't have hosed over the director so much.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Skwirl posted:

That's probably why they financed an F4 movie at that moment in time, but if Fox really didn't care about the movie beyond that they wouldn't have hosed over the director so much.
They could've also just had an exec who hated that they were doing a Superhero movie, the two aren't exclusive :shrug:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I don't know why I keep watching Flash, I guess it's sunken cost fallacy and all. But this season.... It's really, really extra bad right? This last episode seemed like a drat Power Rangers episode.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Titans s3 trailer

Very Batverse-oriented. But hey this show always does manage to show up with The Vibes.

(though not the actual Vibe 'cuz. He's somewhere else)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mameluke posted:

that's right we're getting william jackson harper as reed richards folks

Bold move to cast the same guy playing Superman, but sure.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RealFoxy posted:

They could've also just had an exec who hated that they were doing a Superhero movie, the two aren't exclusive :shrug:

But all the meddling was to make it more like a normal super hero movie.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Titans s3 trailer

Very Batverse-oriented. But hey this show always does manage to show up with The Vibes.

I like Iain Glenn, but it's still hilarious to me they got an actor for Bruce Wayne who doesn't even attempt an American accent.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

Titans s3 trailer

*in Evangelion nerd voice*

Put on the cowl, Dick!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I like Iain Glenn, but it's still hilarious to me they got an actor for Bruce Wayne who doesn't even attempt an American accent.

As a Scot, I have to say... he IS trying to do one. Just badly.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

*in Evangelion nerd voice*

Put on the cowl, Dick!

Ehh, I only care about Dick in the cowl if they somehow bring Damian in (which honestly wouldn't shock me if there's a season 4).

But I doubt he'll ever put it on in a way that's supposed to be permanent, since the show is titled Titans.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Loki was good. It was exactly what was needed to wash the bad taste FatWS left.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Medullah posted:

I don't know why I keep watching Flash, I guess it's sunken cost fallacy and all. But this season.... It's really, really extra bad right? This last episode seemed like a drat Power Rangers episode.

Yeah, this season has been garbo. I haven't watched this week's episode yet but there's just been some real crap. Characters act like they need to for just that second without any regards to previous characterization or even story.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Loki was good. It was exactly what was needed to wash the bad taste FatWS left.

I think FatWS had a lot of wasted potential, and I think an unclear thesis. Where WandaVision and Loki did not but I still liked it.

I did have to laugh when a friend complained that the flying squirrel suits in the first episode don't really work like that, you know the ones worn by the bad guys being chased by our hero wearing wings.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Skwirl posted:

I think FatWS had a lot of wasted potential, and I think an unclear thesis. Where WandaVision and Loki did not but I still liked it.

I did have to laugh when a friend complained that the flying squirrel suits in the first episode don't really work like that, you know the ones worn by the bad guys being chased by our hero wearing wings.

I mean they filmed some of that right? So they probably work to some degree.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sgt. Politeness posted:

No, those are real things, my friend's complaint was they work differently in real life and you wouldn't be able to do what those guys did. Like that fight in the Rami Spider-Man 2 that happens on top of train and looks awesome but violates a bunch of laws of physics having to do with momentum while already moving.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sgt. Politeness posted:

They mean their friend complained that the squirrel suits don't work the way they do in the show, not that they don't work at all.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The next phase of Marvel seems like they're doing something for everyone. FatWS and Black Widow was the stuff my parents liked, they didn't like Wanda-Vision or Loki as much. For people who like the James Bond spy stuff there's a niche in Marvel for them, for people who like space exploration/cosmic stuff, there's a niche for you, and for people who like time travel/multiverse there's stuff for you.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think the bigger this gets with the shows the more its gonna be "maybe not all of this is for me, I don't care about this Secret Invasion Skrull story but I really like this Armor Wars thing." Like I said earlier, a bigger more traditional comic world of stories instead of one Infinity Saga.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
One thing I'm not seeing much speculation on, but I saw Renlayer's last line as pretty ominous. Two of them, really. "The only person who has free will is the one in charge" and saying she's off to "Find some free will" seems pretty much like saying she's gonna do some conquering of her own. Maybe Immortus clued her into some stuff as a backup plan? He did send Miss Minutes to her with info other than what she asked for.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Medullah posted:

HE'S MY THAWNE

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Is Titans any good? Honestly

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

It's like the good parts of the Arrowverse, plus they sometimes say "gently caress."

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

One of my friends just pointed out to me that as of the final episode of Loki that it feels like he's going to be the Nick Fury of the next phase, trying to get everyone together and prepare them for this massive threat that they're not even aware of and honestly that's a really loving cool thing to do with him.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Vandar posted:

One of my friends just pointed out to me that as of the final episode of Loki that it feels like he's going to be the Nick Fury of the next phase, trying to get everyone together and prepare them for this massive threat that they're not even aware of and honestly that's a really loving cool thing to do with him.

Loki is going to have to pull a Desmond from Season 6 of Lost and wake up everyone in the flash sideways to their memories of the original timeline

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Historically, in the comics, Loki creating a problem has been a main factor in Avengers teams forming.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He also is the reason the MCU Avengers came together so it would be fitting for him to factor into the New Avengers or Defenders or something*.

*My personal pet theory is we're gonna get a Cap led Earth based New Avengers, Strange led Multiverse focused Defenders, and Secret Invasion/Space focused Carol lead Ultimates. Plus Young Avengers and Thunderbolts. Then Fantastic Four and massive teamup.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 15, 2021

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

Its okay, very middle of the road show that is hurt when compared to other, better, shows on the same service (Doom Patrol and Harley Quinn.)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Loki was good but I'm honestly kind of disappointed that Miss Minutes wasn't the big bad. I know that that would be completely ridiculous, maybe Legends of Tomorrow has trained me to expect nothing but ridiculous in time travel, but give me Loki and Sylvie fighting a big goofy clock.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

omg chael crash posted:

No, it's not. Like Doom Patrol is legitimately good, Titans is just....wasted potential, and not even much of that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It has the best version of Donna Troy in any media ever.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

It has the best version of Donna Troy in any media ever.

That's a bar most people are more likely to trip over than walk under.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

That's a bar most people are more likely to trip over than walk under.

Hey, a win is a win.

And Conor Leslie crushed the role so I gotta give props.

Titans also gave us a non terrible Starfire who is almost always fully clothed.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
I think the guy who plays dick is hot

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I haven't watched it but every trailer for Titans makes the show look more and more terrible. And cheaper. It looks like low budget CW in most of the trailers. That's not a good look.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aside from the 3 or 4 episodes a season they let the stunt team go loving hog wild on Arrow, the action sequences tended to be better on Titans than most CW shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

X-O posted:

I haven't watched it but every trailer for Titans makes the show look more and more terrible. And cheaper. It looks like low budget CW in most of the trailers. That's not a good look.

For whatever reason they never seem to get the hang of finding good wigs. Maybe good wigs are hard to make and really expensive?